Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Hard Drives & Storage › SSD › How to tell if an SSD is degraded?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How to tell if an SSD is degraded? - Page 2

post #11 of 15
Thread Starter 
Bumps... any thoughts? Any way to test if an SSD is degraded? Any way to manually run the TRIM operations?
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtSpike View Post
Bumps... any thoughts? Any way to test if an SSD is degraded? Any way to manually run the TRIM operations?
this might help

just did a quick google search of "ssd health"

this popped up first: http://www.overclock.net/ssd/664681-...us-thread.html

since your SSD in question is indilinx based this should help
post #13 of 15
Indilinx Barefoot has garbage collection.... make sure your firmware is up-to-date.

Yes, Server 2008 R2 supports TRIM but what driver are you using?
Once again...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.28GHz, HT] Asus P6T + Broadcom NetXtreme II VisionTek HD5850 [900/1200] + Galaxy GT240 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X [1632 MHz] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X25-M 160GB + 3xRAID0 500GB 7200.12 Window 7 Pro 64 Acer H243H + Samsung 226BW XARMOR-U9BL  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Truepower New 750W Li Lian PC-V2100 [10x120mm fans] Logitech G9 X-Trac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Once again...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.28GHz, HT] Asus P6T + Broadcom NetXtreme II VisionTek HD5850 [900/1200] + Galaxy GT240 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X [1632 MHz] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X25-M 160GB + 3xRAID0 500GB 7200.12 Window 7 Pro 64 Acer H243H + Samsung 226BW XARMOR-U9BL  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Truepower New 750W Li Lian PC-V2100 [10x120mm fans] Logitech G9 X-Trac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pie View Post
this might help

just did a quick google search of "ssd health"

this popped up first: http://www.overclock.net/ssd/664681-...us-thread.html

since your SSD in question is indilinx based this should help
THANK YOU SO MUCH! Exactly the type of information I was looking for!
The bad news is, I have 2310 hours on the drive and 6250 read/write cycles on the drive already. It's more than halfway to being dead, with over 11 TB written so far!

Time to go with a Raptor drive on the server. SSD's lasting 4 months isn't going to cut it... does it void the warranty if you read/write more than 10,000 times to the drive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post
Indilinx Barefoot has garbage collection.... make sure your firmware is up-to-date.

Yes, Server 2008 R2 supports TRIM but what driver are you using?
I don't have R2. Is there anything that can be done for an SSD not in a Windows 7 or R2 environment?
post #15 of 15
Np spike
Free bump for ya
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: SSD
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Hard Drives & Storage › SSD › How to tell if an SSD is degraded?