New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Low PPD?

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
I just got my 1055T couple days ago, easily overclocked to 4ghz but I only get about 3900 PPD folding SMP? Seems low to me.
post #2 of 7
Check task manager and see if you have all cores at 100% usage. (without spiking)
If you are folding the 6870 I would stop it since it drags down the CPU.
>.<
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 4.0ghz 1.27v EVGA E758 3-Way (black/gray) Evga GTX 480 / Evga 9800gtx+ (physx&folding) Corsair Dominator 6gb 1600 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
x25-M SSD 80gb + 1TB F3 + 2x2TB WD Green Win 7 64bit Viewsonic 20" + Samsung 40" Corsair 1000w 
Case
Haf 932 (modded) - Now caseless 
  hide details  
Reply
>.<
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 4.0ghz 1.27v EVGA E758 3-Way (black/gray) Evga GTX 480 / Evga 9800gtx+ (physx&folding) Corsair Dominator 6gb 1600 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
x25-M SSD 80gb + 1TB F3 + 2x2TB WD Green Win 7 64bit Viewsonic 20" + Samsung 40" Corsair 1000w 
Case
Haf 932 (modded) - Now caseless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 7
Are you running bigadv and if so is whatever you are using to track PPD calculating bonus points?

This thread has a similar question. Bonus points make a huge diff for SMP systems.
Bleeding Edge
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 5.0Ghz 24/7 ASUS P8P67PRO AMD 5870x2 8GB GSkill Ripjaw X 1600 @ CL8 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
ADATA S599 64GB SSD + 2x 1TB Spinpoint (Raid 0) Windows 7 64Bit Dell 23" Razer Lycosa 
PowerCase
Seasonic X650 HAF X 
  hide details  
Reply
Bleeding Edge
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 5.0Ghz 24/7 ASUS P8P67PRO AMD 5870x2 8GB GSkill Ripjaw X 1600 @ CL8 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
ADATA S599 64GB SSD + 2x 1TB Spinpoint (Raid 0) Windows 7 64Bit Dell 23" Razer Lycosa 
PowerCase
Seasonic X650 HAF X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLChris View Post
Check task manager and see if you have all cores at 100% usage. (without spiking)
If you are folding the 6870 I would stop it since it drags down the CPU.
I have Coretemp and it says all cores are 100% but I have set the affinity to 5 cores so I have an extra to do some small things without trouble and I have priority to above normal to fold a little faster. And I am not folding on my gpu.
post #5 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpokey View Post
Are you running bigadv and if so is whatever you are using to track PPD calculating bonus points?

This thread has a similar question. Bonus points make a huge diff for SMP systems.
Regular SMP, I'm using HFM with bonus points on.
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by hheemmpp View Post
I have Coretemp and it says all cores are 100% but I have set the affinity to 5 cores so I have an extra to do some small things without trouble and I have priority to above normal to fold a little faster. And I am not folding on my gpu.
Check Task Manager / Performance Tab to see if the usage is spiking.

What are these "little things" you are talking about.
If its just web browsing and watching videos it doesn't need a whole core you can fold on all 6.

Also do not use affinity in task manager to change the cores, use the -smp 5 flag.
>.<
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 4.0ghz 1.27v EVGA E758 3-Way (black/gray) Evga GTX 480 / Evga 9800gtx+ (physx&folding) Corsair Dominator 6gb 1600 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
x25-M SSD 80gb + 1TB F3 + 2x2TB WD Green Win 7 64bit Viewsonic 20" + Samsung 40" Corsair 1000w 
Case
Haf 932 (modded) - Now caseless 
  hide details  
Reply
>.<
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 4.0ghz 1.27v EVGA E758 3-Way (black/gray) Evga GTX 480 / Evga 9800gtx+ (physx&folding) Corsair Dominator 6gb 1600 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
x25-M SSD 80gb + 1TB F3 + 2x2TB WD Green Win 7 64bit Viewsonic 20" + Samsung 40" Corsair 1000w 
Case
Haf 932 (modded) - Now caseless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLChris View Post
Check Task Manager / Performance Tab to see if the usage is spiking.

What are these "little things" you are talking about.
If its just web browsing and watching videos it doesn't need a whole core you can fold on all 6.

Also do not use affinity in task manager to change the cores, use the -smp 5 flag.
There are no spikes in task manager.

Edit: When I enable the 6th core i get 7300 PPD but it still seems low
Edited by hheemmpp - 1/21/11 at 5:20pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Overclock.net Folding@Home Team