Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › P8P67 M-Pro Issues-update 2/3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

P8P67 M-Pro Issues-update 2/3 - Page 3

post #21 of 90
I had a P8P67 Pro with the same issues. Tried 3 different kits of RAM on it.

Exchanged the board and retested all 3 kits and all worked fine.
Murder Box II
(18 items)
 
Home PC
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6800K Asus X99-A II Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme Edition G. Skill Trident Z - 32GB/ 3200Hz/CL14/Quad  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB Corsair H100i V2 - w/ML120 Pro Fans Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Acer Z35P 1440P G-Sync 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries Merc  EVGA Supernova G2 1000W Corsair 450D Mionix Naos 8200 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Inwin Batmat Aluminum Sound Blaster Z Logitech Z906 - 5.1 Maxnomic Commander S-III Gaming Chair 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel G3440 Asus B85M-E/CSM EVGA GTX 950 Patriot Viper 3 - 2x8GB 1600hz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung EVO 850 - 500GB + 4TB/3TB x 2/2TB WD Green LG CH12LS28 Bluray Scythe Big Shuriken 2 w/Corsair SP120 Fan Windows 10 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 75" TV.... GooBang Doo MX3 Corsair CX430 V2 NMEDIAPC HTPC 6000B w/ Pro LCD Module 
Mouse
GooBang Doo MX3 
  hide details  
Reply
Murder Box II
(18 items)
 
Home PC
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6800K Asus X99-A II Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme Edition G. Skill Trident Z - 32GB/ 3200Hz/CL14/Quad  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB Corsair H100i V2 - w/ML120 Pro Fans Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Acer Z35P 1440P G-Sync 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries Merc  EVGA Supernova G2 1000W Corsair 450D Mionix Naos 8200 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Inwin Batmat Aluminum Sound Blaster Z Logitech Z906 - 5.1 Maxnomic Commander S-III Gaming Chair 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel G3440 Asus B85M-E/CSM EVGA GTX 950 Patriot Viper 3 - 2x8GB 1600hz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung EVO 850 - 500GB + 4TB/3TB x 2/2TB WD Green LG CH12LS28 Bluray Scythe Big Shuriken 2 w/Corsair SP120 Fan Windows 10 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 75" TV.... GooBang Doo MX3 Corsair CX430 V2 NMEDIAPC HTPC 6000B w/ Pro LCD Module 
Mouse
GooBang Doo MX3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 90
Well it could just be a bad board, dont worry about it to much sometimes it happens unfortunately. Hopefully where ever you got it from has a painless rma, if you cant go through them ask Asus if they can cross-ship you a new board.
 
Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770K MSI Z97S Krait XFX RX 480 Black Edition XFX RX 480 Black Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill Trident X 2666mhz Intel 530 Sandisk Extreme Pro LG WH14NS40 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG WH16NS40 Noctua NH-D14 Win 10 64-Bit BenQ XL2730Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ Seasonic Platinum 1000w Fractal Design R5 Zowie FK1+ 
Mouse PadOtherOther
XTrac Ripper XXL  4 x Vardar F-4 120mm (2x NH-D14, 2x Bottom Intake) 3 x Vardar F-3 140mm Intake (two front, one side) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Celeron J1800 QNAP Proprietary  Intel HD Graphics Crucial 8GB Kit 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Stock Embedded Linux External, 96 W, 100-240 V TS-451 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770K MSI Z97S Krait XFX RX 480 Black Edition XFX RX 480 Black Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill Trident X 2666mhz Intel 530 Sandisk Extreme Pro LG WH14NS40 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG WH16NS40 Noctua NH-D14 Win 10 64-Bit BenQ XL2730Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ Seasonic Platinum 1000w Fractal Design R5 Zowie FK1+ 
Mouse PadOtherOther
XTrac Ripper XXL  4 x Vardar F-4 120mm (2x NH-D14, 2x Bottom Intake) 3 x Vardar F-3 140mm Intake (two front, one side) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Celeron J1800 QNAP Proprietary  Intel HD Graphics Crucial 8GB Kit 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Stock Embedded Linux External, 96 W, 100-240 V TS-451 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 90
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robilar View Post
I had a P8P67 Pro with the same issues. Tried 3 different kits of RAM on it.

Exchanged the board and retested all 3 kits and all worked fine.
Lol your kidding me? I have to call chiefvalue Monday morning and a replacement board. What also sucks is the power supply I bought off eBay is missing cords (8pin pcie). So I had to get a temp PSU from best buy. Luckily they had thermaltakes so I got it. Now once I get the new board, a new psu, and cables from mono price I have to return to best buy AGAIN! This time to return a $12 dvi to VGA adapter (connects are backwards of what I needed), $55 dvi to hdmi cable, $100 600watt thermaltake PSU and a $65 corsair ddr3 kit. They are going to hate me ha ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagle3092 View Post
Well it could just be a bad board, dont worry about it to much sometimes it happens unfortunately. Hopefully where ever you got it from has a painless rma, if you cant go through them ask Asus if they can cross-ship you a new board.
I'm going to try and go through chief that way if the second they send me is messed up I'll just have them refund the money and I'll go with a new brand.

You guys think one of the new seasonic gold rated 560watt x series psu's is more than enough for a 4870x2 and other future dual GPU cards?
Edited by RAFFY - 1/22/11 at 4:05pm
post #24 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFFY View Post
Lol your kidding me? I have to call chiefvalue Monday morning and a replacement board. What also sucks is the power supply I bought off eBay is missing cords (8pin pcie). So I had to get a temp PSU from best buy. Luckily they had thermaltakes so I got it. Now once I get the new board, a new psu, and cables from mono price I have to return to best buy AGAIN! This time to return a $12 dvi to VGA adapter (connects are backwards of what I needed), $55 dvi to hdmi cable, $100 600watt thermaltake PSU and a $65 corsair ddr3 kit. They are going to hate me ha ha
Damn that sucks, hopefully everything works out for you. This is the stuff that makes me nervous about new builds, just hoping everything works so I dont have to spend more money to get replacement parts.
 
Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770K MSI Z97S Krait XFX RX 480 Black Edition XFX RX 480 Black Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill Trident X 2666mhz Intel 530 Sandisk Extreme Pro LG WH14NS40 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG WH16NS40 Noctua NH-D14 Win 10 64-Bit BenQ XL2730Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ Seasonic Platinum 1000w Fractal Design R5 Zowie FK1+ 
Mouse PadOtherOther
XTrac Ripper XXL  4 x Vardar F-4 120mm (2x NH-D14, 2x Bottom Intake) 3 x Vardar F-3 140mm Intake (two front, one side) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Celeron J1800 QNAP Proprietary  Intel HD Graphics Crucial 8GB Kit 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Stock Embedded Linux External, 96 W, 100-240 V TS-451 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770K MSI Z97S Krait XFX RX 480 Black Edition XFX RX 480 Black Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill Trident X 2666mhz Intel 530 Sandisk Extreme Pro LG WH14NS40 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG WH16NS40 Noctua NH-D14 Win 10 64-Bit BenQ XL2730Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ Seasonic Platinum 1000w Fractal Design R5 Zowie FK1+ 
Mouse PadOtherOther
XTrac Ripper XXL  4 x Vardar F-4 120mm (2x NH-D14, 2x Bottom Intake) 3 x Vardar F-3 140mm Intake (two front, one side) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Celeron J1800 QNAP Proprietary  Intel HD Graphics Crucial 8GB Kit 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Stock Embedded Linux External, 96 W, 100-240 V TS-451 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 90
Sorry to hear after all of that your board was bad. I would call ASUS and see what they can do about it. A few people have gotten them to have newegg send them another board before they even sent theirs back.
Kinda off topic, but you paid 55$ for a dvi to hdmi cable? Damn.
Like a Bausss...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.7ghz 1.416v ASUS P8P67 PRO XFX Radeon HD 6950 (unlocked to 6970) G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 x 2GB 1600MHz 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
OCZ Vertex 2 120GB Win 7 Home Prem. x64 XFX 850W Black Edition CM 690 II Adv. 
Mouse
Razer Abyssus 
  hide details  
Reply
Like a Bausss...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.7ghz 1.416v ASUS P8P67 PRO XFX Radeon HD 6950 (unlocked to 6970) G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 x 2GB 1600MHz 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
OCZ Vertex 2 120GB Win 7 Home Prem. x64 XFX 850W Black Edition CM 690 II Adv. 
Mouse
Razer Abyssus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 90
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagle3092 View Post
Damn that sucks, hopefully everything works out for you. This is the stuff that makes me nervous about new builds, just hoping everything works so I dont have to spend more money to get replacement parts.
This being my 4th fresh build and the countless upgrades I've never had a problem with pc components until now. I guess my time came and I got hit hard in the pooper lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post
Sorry to hear after all of that your board was bad. I would call ASUS and see what they can do about it. A few people have gotten them to have newegg send them another board before they even sent theirs back.
Kinda off topic, but you paid 55$ for a dvi to hdmi cable? Damn.
Thanks man will do, I'll call them right now. And ya I did I'm planning on returning it all so I didn't care I just needed it. Damn thing is that it's a dynex cable too not even a monstercable.
post #27 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFFY View Post
This being my 4th fresh build and the countless upgrades I've never had a problem with pc components until now. I guess my time came and I got hit hard in the pooper lol.
I think a lot of these issues are because some products may have been rushed.
Like a Bausss...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.7ghz 1.416v ASUS P8P67 PRO XFX Radeon HD 6950 (unlocked to 6970) G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 x 2GB 1600MHz 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
OCZ Vertex 2 120GB Win 7 Home Prem. x64 XFX 850W Black Edition CM 690 II Adv. 
Mouse
Razer Abyssus 
  hide details  
Reply
Like a Bausss...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.7ghz 1.416v ASUS P8P67 PRO XFX Radeon HD 6950 (unlocked to 6970) G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 x 2GB 1600MHz 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
OCZ Vertex 2 120GB Win 7 Home Prem. x64 XFX 850W Black Edition CM 690 II Adv. 
Mouse
Razer Abyssus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 90
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post
I think a lot of these issues are because some products may have been rushed.
I agree just like the g.skill ram I bought I have read of people getting dead kits. Maybe I should have waited for the evga micro board.
post #29 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFFY View Post
I agree just like the g.skill ram I bought I have read of people getting dead kits. Maybe I should have waited for the evga micro board.
By the time that comes out something else new will be almost out or being released. It's how it always works with PCs. I just get what I want and no regrets.

Hopefully it gets taken care of.
Like a Bausss...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.7ghz 1.416v ASUS P8P67 PRO XFX Radeon HD 6950 (unlocked to 6970) G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 x 2GB 1600MHz 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
OCZ Vertex 2 120GB Win 7 Home Prem. x64 XFX 850W Black Edition CM 690 II Adv. 
Mouse
Razer Abyssus 
  hide details  
Reply
Like a Bausss...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.7ghz 1.416v ASUS P8P67 PRO XFX Radeon HD 6950 (unlocked to 6970) G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 x 2GB 1600MHz 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
OCZ Vertex 2 120GB Win 7 Home Prem. x64 XFX 850W Black Edition CM 690 II Adv. 
Mouse
Razer Abyssus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 90
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post
By the time that comes out something else new will be almost out or being released. It's how it always works with PCs. I just get what I want and no regrets.

Hopefully it gets taken care of.
It'll get done I'll post Monday on what ASUS and chief say/do.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › P8P67 M-Pro Issues-update 2/3