Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] The League of Legends Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The League of Legends Club - Page 1315

post #13141 of 17789
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmidgetqc View Post


Kayle

I wasn't being serious, trundle the troll.
post #13142 of 17789
no joke about lb support bot either. snare + silence, plus guaranteed kill @ level 6. then free roam assassin mid-late game!

edit:

SOTD is the best most awesomest ad item evarz

2nd edit!

LOL team picked 2 adc's so i said screw it, ill go adc as well haha.
Edited by hollowtek - 1/20/13 at 1:00am
post #13143 of 17789
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowtek View Post

no joke about lb support bot either. snare + silence, plus guaranteed kill @ level 6. then free roam assassin mid-late game!

edit:

SOTD is the best most awesomest ad item evarz

2nd edit!

LOL team picked 2 adc's so i said screw it, ill go adc as well haha.

= Win
post #13144 of 17789
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRay81 View Post

Sorry if this is a rude wakeup call to those who still use ELO Hell as a excuse on why they are low ELO.

Origin :
The Term ELO Hell was once used to represent a person's status in their ELO Ranking. Back in the day, when you could not see your elo below 1200. ( You have no idea when you will get out at the rate )

Proper Use : Oh... you're in ELO Hell. Sucks to be you.
Improper Use : I'm in ELO Hell.

Nowadays everyone use the term ELO Hell to say that they are in a ELO that they do not belong in, meaning they think they belong in a higher ELO.

Why Are You Here??

This is a sickness of the mind. Those who think they do not belong at a ELO which they cannot leave is arrogant. I'm not going to say that i never thought I was never in ELO Hell. Before I got "good" I was around 1400 ELO and I always thought that I belonged in the 1800's~. Why? Because like most of you I tell myself that it was the other lane's fault because they fed and I went 12/2/7. Great score huh? so you lost with amazing score, that must means the other lanes fed and you couldn't do anything about it.

That fact that anyone would think it was another lane's fault that they had lost is the worst thing to think.
Reason 1 - It leads you to thinking: “Hmmm well I hope I get a better top lane next game”
Why is this a reason? You think this over and over again and yet you still manage to allow bad tops fail instead of learning from your past experience with top losing; you chose to wait ‘till you get a good top instead of helping top
Reason 2 - You're always going to end up with someone bad most of the time.
Why is this a reason? So let’s represent good people with head and bad people with tails( coins ). Since it is completely random for BOTH teams the chance of you getting a good team mate is same as bad. Seeing that you take up one space on the team and chance of getting good vs bad player are both the same you will end up on your team You + 2x good player + 2x bad player. And the opposing team the same between each game 3x good + 2x bad or 2x good + 3x bad.

Don't understand what I just said ? The next section will explain

What Are The Chances Of Winning?

This is the part where most of the debate will be and where I will be gaining all the hate from this thread. Because this is where I will be using math to explain to you why you (those of you that can no longer advance belong at that elo. Meaning that if you stopped gaining ELO, you’re probably at the ELO you are supposed to be at.

Let’s represent good player with 1 and bad player with 2 and you with X
Probability speaking you will be paired up with two good player and two bad player. Keep in mind that this equation only works over a long peroid of time because not every game you will end up with two good and two bad players. But mathematically speaking, over time the average will be two god and two bad per game. And how does this explain why I belong at which ELO? Consider the following Example.

Games before your destined ELO:
1+1+X+2+2 VS 1+1+1+2+2 ( OR ) 1+1+2+2+2
The likely outcome is that every game your opponent's comp swaps out but since this is before you destined ELO you will ALWAYS be a 1. So in Theory every other game is a guaranteed win while the mirror match up will be determined by how good each player are in the game. So this probably means you will win every other one of these games that are mirror match up. Meaning your ELO should be increasing because over a long period of time you will be winning every other game and the games in between are half and half. Sometime you will win 3 in a row and right after that a Win than Loss followed up by a Win. And the cycle continues so you win 3 more games in a row.
This Means in a 10 game survey playing against low ELO match up you should defiantly win 7-8 games on average. You’re thinking right now , “WOW thats a lot of chance for me to win so why am I not winning ? Is it because i'm playing at the ELO I should be ??? And Why do Pros not have 75% win rate???”

This is due to the fat that once you have achieved your ELO the equation flip flops. Once you have reached your destined ELO and are playing at your ELO's full capacity, your chance of winning the game is 50% ( I sure hope I don't need to explain why )
Pro's don't have this type of Win Ratio because once they reached 2k+ their win chance is pretty much 50-55% Depending on the good/bad standards of the game. But if you look at most of their smurfs that are playing in lower ELO than what they are destined for, their win ratio is VERY close to 75%~

Think about this in your head : How many people say they dropped several hundred ELO due to bad luck in solo que? How many people admit that they got carried up several hundred ELO due to luck in solo que? If you think about it hard enough you will come to realize that the chances of you being carried up 100 ELO is the same as down 100 ELO. Maybe you lose several hundred ELO because you got carried up not because you are being carried down but because of your bad team mate. And once you are at a ELO you don't belong in ( higher ) the equation flops
and now you’re losing 75% of your games.


So next time you lose a game, don't rage about it, think about it. What could you have done in order to win that game.


P.S. For those of you that say you are getting 12/2/10 score and are losing. You lost not because your other lanes lost. You lose because you were in-capable of aiding and assisting your other lanes in order to obtain victory. If you are watching pro team play and wonder why they don't gank. It's because team and solo que are completely different. In team all someone need to do is say mia and now top becomes ungankable. You need to take advantage of the fact that the other lanes have no idea that you are ganking and help the noob win the lane.

Sorry for the multitudes of grammatical errors and the amount of times I’ve gone off topic

Edited so it does not seem like those question are me complaining. Because some people don't take the time to read through the article.

Bro --- I just want to say that you're wrong. I've played this game long enough to know what is/isn't true. You can only go so far as a team player before your team ultimately fails/loses. You're only going to be as strong as the weakest link on your team, that's for any team oriented sport, or game.

I sat at 1700 in Season 1 Premade 5v5 teams, sadly -- Back then, if you played with another team after your premade ranking, it got reset with your most current team so no 1700 showing for me frown.gif

Season 2, was roughly 1480's solo que after carrying out of the 1100 elo...., carried with a duo partner to get near gold and quit playing because of military orders for a while. Was about out of that **** elo
Season 3, I can't even get out of 1200's after losing 6-7 of my placement matches. Out of all 6-7 -- We had 4-5 of them had leavers right at the start, thankfully at that elo and having ****ty teammates, I won 2 or 3 4v5.

Anyways,

If you play support, and your carries just can't carry, you're not going to win, supports can't carry your team to victory, they only go so far. If a jungler doesn't do his role like their jungler, you're not going to win or it diminishes your chances way more than theirs. If top isn't warding, isn't getting ganks by mid or your jungler and (you're the ADC) meanwhile the enemy team is getting them, and the top is getting thrashed on, you're chances of winning the game is much lower. Counter picking is a big thing now a days at this elo -- Higher elo's, you counter pick, first pick is supports/adc's or junglers while waiting for last picks on mids/elo's.

Down here, they first pick Kat mid and everyone on their team builds around it to punish that pick...........

The thing about Elo hell is now a days, atleaset for me sitting at the 1200 elo now (dropped a lot of elo... yet again) -- Me playing normals I have a better teammates and stronger competition then sitting at this craptastic elo.

Some of it has to do with the players, but I know I'm not at this elo because I'm that bad or good (no offense to those that deserve to be at this elo) when buddies that I play with often, that they know I'm a better team player, team sport, carry bla bla then what they are, are now at 1600-1800 elo in solo que and won't play with me because I'm in "elo hell"

Oh, and here is also a problem, it has something to do about low wins vs's high wins and how they take that into account....

From what I'm noticing, players who are still new to the game eg, low wins, new to level 30 are at consistent higher elo's then veterans like me with 1-2K wins.

In fact, my IRL buddy, just hit 30 a couple weeks ago is at 1540 and throws it in my face every..... single.....day that he is better then me because his elo is higher and he freaking blows nuts lol

I'm *****ing about the system and how it works, it's messed up and riot knows it -- The new changes hopefully will fix this.
Edited by Balsagna - 1/20/13 at 8:50am
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 2600K Asus Maximus IV Extreme AMD Radeon 7970 AMD Radeon 7970 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16gb Gskill 1866mhz Vertex 3 240gb. 1TB Seagate 7200. 160gb WD 7200. LG 24x DVD XSPC Raystorm, MCP655, Frozen-Q Tvirus, RS360mm... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 24'' 1080p by Asus Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair 1000watt HX Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 800D Razer Mamba Razer Ironclad Razer Megalodon's  
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 2600K Asus Maximus IV Extreme AMD Radeon 7970 AMD Radeon 7970 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16gb Gskill 1866mhz Vertex 3 240gb. 1TB Seagate 7200. 160gb WD 7200. LG 24x DVD XSPC Raystorm, MCP655, Frozen-Q Tvirus, RS360mm... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 24'' 1080p by Asus Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair 1000watt HX Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 800D Razer Mamba Razer Ironclad Razer Megalodon's  
  hide details  
Reply
post #13145 of 17789
I've won multple 4v5s.

Twisted Fate OP.
The AMD machine
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1055t @ 3.8 GHZ Asus M4A79XTD EVO XFX Radeon 6850 1GB OCed G.Skill Ripsaw 16 GB (2x8GB) 1512 mhz @ 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
|WD Caviar Black 640GB|Seagate Barracudas 2TB X2| Lite-On Black 24X DVD Burner Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ 24" das Keyboard Model S Brown  OCZ Fatal1ty 550W PSU Coolermaster Storm Scout 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor DeathAdder Narlyfish 
  hide details  
Reply
The AMD machine
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1055t @ 3.8 GHZ Asus M4A79XTD EVO XFX Radeon 6850 1GB OCed G.Skill Ripsaw 16 GB (2x8GB) 1512 mhz @ 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
|WD Caviar Black 640GB|Seagate Barracudas 2TB X2| Lite-On Black 24X DVD Burner Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ 24" das Keyboard Model S Brown  OCZ Fatal1ty 550W PSU Coolermaster Storm Scout 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor DeathAdder Narlyfish 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13146 of 17789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balsagna View Post

Bro --- I just want to say that you're wrong. I've played this game long enough to know what is/isn't true. You can only go so far as a team player before your team ultimately fails/loses. You're only going to be as strong as the weakest link on your team, that's for any team oriented sport, or game.

I sat at 1700 in Season 1 Premade 5v5 teams, sadly -- Back then, if you played with another team after your premade ranking, it got reset with your most current team so no 1700 showing for me frown.gif

Season 2, was roughly 1480's solo que after carrying out of the 1100 elo...., carried with a duo partner to get near gold and quit playing because of military orders for a while. Was about out of that **** elo
Season 3, I can't even get out of 1200's after losing 6-7 of my placement matches. Out of all 6-7 -- We had 4-5 of them had leavers right at the start, thankfully at that elo and having ****ty teammates, I won 2 or 3 4v5.

Anyways,

If you play support, and your carries just can't carry, you're not going to win, supports can't carry your team to victory, they only go so far. If a jungler doesn't do his role like their jungler, you're not going to win or it diminishes your chances way more than theirs. If top isn't warding, isn't getting ganks by mid or your jungler and (you're the ADC) meanwhile the enemy team is getting them, and the top is getting thrashed on, you're chances of winning the game is much lower. Counter picking is a big thing now a days at this elo -- Higher elo's, you counter pick, first pick is supports/adc's or junglers while waiting for last picks on mids/elo's.

Down here, they first pick Kat mid and everyone on their team builds around it to punish that pick...........

The thing about Elo hell is now a days, atleaset for me sitting at the 1200 elo now (dropped a lot of elo... yet again) -- Me playing normals I have a better teammates and stronger competition then sitting at this craptastic elo.

Some of it has to do with the players, but I know I'm not at this elo because I'm that bad or good (no offense to those that deserve to be at this elo) when buddies that I play with often, that they know I'm a better team player, team sport, carry bla bla then what they are, are now at 1600-1800 elo in solo que and won't play with me because I'm in "elo hell"

Oh, and here is also a problem, it has something to do about low wins vs's high wins and how they take that into account....

From what I'm noticing, players who are still new to the game eg, low wins, new to level 30 are at consistent higher elo's then veterans like me with 1-2K wins.

In fact, my IRL buddy, just hit 30 a couple weeks ago is at 1540 and throws it in my face every..... single.....day that he is better then me because his elo is higher and he freaking blows nuts lol

I'm *****ing about the system and how it works, it's messed up and riot knows it -- The new changes hopefully will fix this.

Because he's better than you? lol
post #13147 of 17789
200 elo and I will have plat cheer for me guys biggrin.gif
Erin
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k @ 5 Ghz Gigabyte Z68X-UD3P-B3 Sapphire HD 6950 2GB 8GB Kingston HyperX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 500GB Crucial M4 64 GB Noctua NH-D14 Win 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 23-inch Steelseries 6Gv2 Corsair TXv2 750W Cooler Master 690 II 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer DeathAdder Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
Erin
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k @ 5 Ghz Gigabyte Z68X-UD3P-B3 Sapphire HD 6950 2GB 8GB Kingston HyperX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 500GB Crucial M4 64 GB Noctua NH-D14 Win 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 23-inch Steelseries 6Gv2 Corsair TXv2 750W Cooler Master 690 II 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer DeathAdder Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13148 of 17789
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOddOne View Post

200 elo and I will have plat cheer for me guys biggrin.gif

Go ham sahn

Make us proud
post #13149 of 17789
I just got into LoL because a friend started playing, and I was wondering are there any guys who do videos similar to Day9s sc2 stuff? Just very through breakdowns and analyzing to help me properly learn the game?
Main PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600k  GIGABYTE Z68 UD4 Gigabyte HD 7950 Windforce 3x Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 1tb 7200.12 Zalman CNPS20LQ Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Asus VW246H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 2 Cherry MX Red/White LED OCZ ZT Series 550w Corsair 500r Deathadder 3g 
Audio
Superlux HD668B 
  hide details  
Reply
Main PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600k  GIGABYTE Z68 UD4 Gigabyte HD 7950 Windforce 3x Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 1tb 7200.12 Zalman CNPS20LQ Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Asus VW246H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 2 Cherry MX Red/White LED OCZ ZT Series 550w Corsair 500r Deathadder 3g 
Audio
Superlux HD668B 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13150 of 17789
Yay, PBE is now ranked only. Pre game lobby flame. Dodges. Dodges all day. People call each other bad, link their lolking.

Thx riot for ruining fun server.
The AMD machine
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1055t @ 3.8 GHZ Asus M4A79XTD EVO XFX Radeon 6850 1GB OCed G.Skill Ripsaw 16 GB (2x8GB) 1512 mhz @ 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
|WD Caviar Black 640GB|Seagate Barracudas 2TB X2| Lite-On Black 24X DVD Burner Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ 24" das Keyboard Model S Brown  OCZ Fatal1ty 550W PSU Coolermaster Storm Scout 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor DeathAdder Narlyfish 
  hide details  
Reply
The AMD machine
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1055t @ 3.8 GHZ Asus M4A79XTD EVO XFX Radeon 6850 1GB OCed G.Skill Ripsaw 16 GB (2x8GB) 1512 mhz @ 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
|WD Caviar Black 640GB|Seagate Barracudas 2TB X2| Lite-On Black 24X DVD Burner Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ 24" das Keyboard Model S Brown  OCZ Fatal1ty 550W PSU Coolermaster Storm Scout 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor DeathAdder Narlyfish 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] The League of Legends Club