Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] The League of Legends Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The League of Legends Club - Page 1614

post #16131 of 17789
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranBunnyFFXII View Post

There's such things as unfair games but

Imaqtpie interview talking about soloQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-WbkHr51u8

And
watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvV51DdT-Cw

im at work and i dont have speakers at my monitoring station, but ill watch when i get home.

i know people talk mentality for soloq a lot, but this wont be the first time ive watched a video on soloq and what it takes to climb.

i agree that skill and mentality play a large role in climbing, but in bronze the largest factor if you arent diamond or plat skilled is luck.

the chances of you getting 4 other people on your team that know what they are doing, arent toxic, dont afk, and dont tell you and your family to die and get cancer are very slim.

i understand this works the same way for the other team, but it almost always comes down to which team got more trolls than the other. literally.
post #16132 of 17789
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlaheysadrunk View Post

the largest factor if you arent diamond or plat skilled is luck.

No, not at all.

I've carried out of bronze 3 seasons in a row.



(1100+ was Silver in Season 2)

Season 3

season 4

http://imgur.com/a/aPvyi




If anything Low Diamond/High Plat was luck, bronze was all skill carrying out.
post #16133 of 17789
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranBunnyFFXII View Post

No, not at all.

I've carried out of bronze 3 seasons in a row.



(1100+ was Silver in Season 2)

Season 3

season 4

http://imgur.com/a/aPvyi




If anything Low Diamond/High Plat was luck, bronze was all skill carrying out.

ok, well if its all skill, no luck, and all me, then yeah, im bronze forever then. i lack the skill, the luck and the me.
post #16134 of 17789
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlaheysadrunk View Post

ok, well if its all skill, no luck, and all me, then yeah, im bronze forever then. i lack the skill, the luck and the me.

you can get better.
I've been trying to encourage you to think in a way that will improve the way you play.

just have faith in yourself.
post #16135 of 17789
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlaheysadrunk View Post

im at work and i dont have speakers at my monitoring station, but ill watch when i get home.

i know people talk mentality for soloq a lot, but this wont be the first time ive watched a video on soloq and what it takes to climb.

i agree that skill and mentality play a large role in climbing, but in bronze the largest factor if you arent diamond or plat skilled is luck.

the chances of you getting 4 other people on your team that know what they are doing, arent toxic, dont afk, and dont tell you and your family to die and get cancer are very slim.

i understand this works the same way for the other team, but it almost always comes down to which team got more trolls than the other. literally.

I agree that luck is a very large factor in bronze/silver thats why im saying that the only way to fix that is to play more. There are 10 people in a game and you only control 1. If you dont afk/rage/DC in 100% of your games but the other 9 dont afk/rage/DC in 90% of their games, then you will eventually get more winnable games than losses. and since the people on the other team all have the 90% statistics say that you will eventually rise if you are truly better than your elo bracket. Again you sound like you really do want to get better and are doing all the things you need to do to improve. Just play more, its the only way. Instead of watching those videos that people linked to you tonight, play a game or 2. if you have already watched a dozen of those climb out of elo hell videos, you know more than enough knowledge to get out, you just need to apply it to the game every single time you quene up.

Once your MMR gets higher up you will see less trolls and AFKer, they never go away but there will be less.

Im confident you can make it out of bronze, I can tell because you obviously care and want to improve, just play more and it will come.
post #16136 of 17789
I've found that the biggest factor in being able to carry yourself anywhere is being 1st or 2nd pick. You know what role you play the best and if someone else wont let you play one of those roles, good luck. It doesn't matter that You can get close to 10 kills and die less then 4 times a game, someone will go where they are not good and die 10+ times and get mad at the rest of the team.
post #16137 of 17789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakalakaz View Post

I agree that luck is a very large factor in bronze/silver thats why im saying that the only way to fix that is to play more. There are 10 people in a game and you only control 1. If you dont afk/rage/DC in 100% of your games but the other 9 dont afk/rage/DC in 90% of their games, then you will eventually get more winnable games than losses. and since the people on the other team all have the 90% statistics say that you will eventually rise if you are truly better than your elo bracket. Again you sound like you really do want to get better and are doing all the things you need to do to improve. Just play more, its the only way. Instead of watching those videos that people linked to you tonight, play a game or 2. if you have already watched a dozen of those climb out of elo hell videos, you know more than enough knowledge to get out, you just need to apply it to the game every single time you quene up.

Once your MMR gets higher up you will see less trolls and AFKer, they never go away but there will be less.

Im confident you can make it out of bronze, I can tell because you obviously care and want to improve, just play more and it will come.

i was confident that i could. last season i placed silver V, climbed to silver IV over about 100 or so games, then went to europe for a month or so. when i came back i was bronze I, and ended up playing nearly 200 more games in bronze I, eventually losing every placement, and falling to bronze III.......to this day the only promo i have ever won was from bronze III to bronze II. i typically have no problems getting to promos, but once there, both games are lost, and a tilt starts that ultimately puts me further back than where i started. maybe im thinking i should be somewhere that i shouldnt be, but i feel like ive tried for more than 1 whole season to improve and its not getting anywhere.

this game is a rollercoaster of love and hate.
post #16138 of 17789
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlaheysadrunk View Post

i was confident that i could. last season i placed silver V, climbed to silver IV over about 100 or so games, then went to europe for a month or so. when i came back i was bronze I, and ended up playing nearly 200 more games in bronze I, eventually losing every placement, and falling to bronze III.......to this day the only promo i have ever won was from bronze III to bronze II. i typically have no problems getting to promos, but once there, both games are lost, and a tilt starts that ultimately puts me further back than where i started. maybe im thinking i should be somewhere that i shouldnt be, but i feel like ive tried for more than 1 whole season to improve and its not getting anywhere.

this game is a rollercoaster of love and hate.

I don't mind playing with you to help coach, I've done this in the past quite a bit.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 2600K Asus Maximus IV Extreme AMD Radeon 7970 AMD Radeon 7970 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16gb Gskill 1866mhz Vertex 3 240gb. 1TB Seagate 7200. 160gb WD 7200. LG 24x DVD XSPC Raystorm, MCP655, Frozen-Q Tvirus, RS360mm... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 24'' 1080p by Asus Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair 1000watt HX Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 800D Razer Mamba Razer Ironclad Razer Megalodon's  
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 2600K Asus Maximus IV Extreme AMD Radeon 7970 AMD Radeon 7970 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16gb Gskill 1866mhz Vertex 3 240gb. 1TB Seagate 7200. 160gb WD 7200. LG 24x DVD XSPC Raystorm, MCP655, Frozen-Q Tvirus, RS360mm... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 24'' 1080p by Asus Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair 1000watt HX Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 800D Razer Mamba Razer Ironclad Razer Megalodon's  
  hide details  
Reply
post #16139 of 17789
To be honest, LoL isn't worth playing anymore. after taking a dip in the DoTA2 pool... I dont think LoL is balanced enough or built right to be a worthwhile game.
I think putting in your time to get good at LoL isn't something you should do. LoL isn't consistant, and it feels less quality made, and less balanced. The items are too efficient, and yet the champions don't scale hard enough, unlike DoTA2.

If you want to play MOBA and try to learn to get better at them, come to DoTA2.
I highly regret putting so much time into LoL, I'm hanging around watching LCS and talking to my girlfriend about it until she leaves LoL for good too.
post #16140 of 17789
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranBunnyFFXII View Post

To be honest, LoL isn't worth playing anymore. after taking a dip in the DoTA2 pool... I dont think LoL is balanced enough or built right to be a worthwhile game.
I think putting in your time to get good at LoL isn't something you should do. LoL isn't consistant, and it feels less quality made, and less balanced. The items are too efficient, and yet the champions don't scale hard enough, unlike DoTA2.

If you want to play MOBA and try to learn to get better at them, come to DoTA2.
I highly regret putting so much time into LoL, I'm hanging around watching LCS and talking to my girlfriend about it until she leaves LoL for good too.

I ventured into DOTA 2 and 100% disagree with that notion. I feel the complete opposite, they're both totally different moboa's just like Smite and HoN.

I think League is much more balanced of a game then DOTA2 is by far, including the items and the champions. But that's also because the mechanics of DOTA 2 are different. I think DOTA 2 was easier to learn than League of Legends, but I think League of Legends definitely has a better impact as a team based game then Dota does.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 2600K Asus Maximus IV Extreme AMD Radeon 7970 AMD Radeon 7970 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16gb Gskill 1866mhz Vertex 3 240gb. 1TB Seagate 7200. 160gb WD 7200. LG 24x DVD XSPC Raystorm, MCP655, Frozen-Q Tvirus, RS360mm... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 24'' 1080p by Asus Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair 1000watt HX Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 800D Razer Mamba Razer Ironclad Razer Megalodon's  
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 2600K Asus Maximus IV Extreme AMD Radeon 7970 AMD Radeon 7970 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16gb Gskill 1866mhz Vertex 3 240gb. 1TB Seagate 7200. 160gb WD 7200. LG 24x DVD XSPC Raystorm, MCP655, Frozen-Q Tvirus, RS360mm... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 24'' 1080p by Asus Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair 1000watt HX Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 800D Razer Mamba Razer Ironclad Razer Megalodon's  
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] The League of Legends Club