Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] The League of Legends Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The League of Legends Club - Page 1615

post #16141 of 17789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balsagna View Post

I ventured into DOTA 2 and 100% disagree with that notion. I feel the complete opposite, they're both totally different moboa's just like Smite and HoN.

I think League is much more balanced of a game then DOTA2 is by far, including the items and the champions. But that's also because the mechanics of DOTA 2 are different. I think DOTA 2 was easier to learn than League of Legends, but I think League of Legends definitely has a better impact as a team based game then Dota does.

um
well for one
LoL champion http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Ahri/Background
vs
DoTA2 Hero http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Windranger_responses
Graphics and aesthetics is far superior in DoTA2 comapared to LoL.
There's simply no debating that LoL has far better quality and effort put into its heroes.

Mechanically speaking, the game is far harder to learn and master. Last hitting is harder, no recalling, pot regens can be cancled, creeps can be denied, towers are much harder to kill and do far more damage,
amoung other mechanics and considerations.
There's no debating that DoTA2 heroes scale much harder than Lol champions because they do, because the mechanics allow it. a champion stops at level 18 a hero never stops leveling. The mechanics of a hero simply scale harder than a champion.

Not to mention DoTA2 is more accessible and playable, and player friendly, every hero is unlocked from the start, full skins are cheaper, and they have pieces that can be found and traded and sold just by playing.
Its statistics tracking is better, its matchmaking is better(debatable but based on opinions from friends who play DoTA 2 and LoL)

There are so many points at which DoTA2 exceeds LoL in quality and gameplay.
post #16142 of 17789
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranBunnyFFXII View Post

To be honest, LoL isn't worth playing anymore. after taking a dip in the DoTA2 pool... I dont think LoL is balanced enough or built right to be a worthwhile game.
I think putting in your time to get good at LoL isn't something you should do. LoL isn't consistant, and it feels less quality made, and less balanced. The items are too efficient, and yet the champions don't scale hard enough, unlike DoTA2.

If you want to play MOBA and try to learn to get better at them, come to DoTA2.
I highly regret putting so much time into LoL, I'm hanging around watching LCS and talking to my girlfriend about it until she leaves LoL for good too.

i have dota 2 and have tried it out but ultimately i just like league better. i used to be somewhat of an artist, and even went to art school for animation for a while, and Leagues art style is much better for me. something about dota seems flat and dead. thats just my opinion, but thats what has kept me from getting into dota. i like the champion design in league a lot better as well, to me the champions feel more alive than they do in dota. i cant really comment on the gameplay since i havent played more than 20 games of it, but the art style alone is enough to keep me away from it. again this is purely my opinion based on what my eyeballs like to look at, and is in no way slamming dota.
post #16143 of 17789
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranBunnyFFXII View Post

um
well for one
LoL champion http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Ahri/Background
vs
DoTA2 Hero http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Windranger_responses
Graphics and aesthetics is far superior in DoTA2 comapared to LoL.
There's simply no debating that LoL has far better quality and effort put into its heroes.

Mechanically speaking, the game is far harder to learn and master. Last hitting is harder, no recalling, pot regens can be cancled, creeps can be denied, towers are much harder to kill and do far more damage,
amoung other mechanics and considerations.
There's no debating that DoTA2 heroes scale much harder than Lol champions because they do, because the mechanics allow it. a champion stops at level 18 a hero never stops leveling. The mechanics of a hero simply scale harder than a champion.

Not to mention DoTA2 is more accessible and playable, and player friendly, every hero is unlocked from the start, full skins are cheaper, and they have pieces that can be found and traded and sold just by playing.
Its statistics tracking is better, its matchmaking is better(debatable but based on opinions from friends who play DoTA 2 and LoL)

There are so many points at which DoTA2 exceeds LoL in quality and gameplay.

Yes, and the big thing is, what are you going to be playing with? Champions/hero's and as you just quoted, League has a much more effort put into that area than DOTA 2 has - Millions of people clearly think that league is more fun than Dota, you can see this by the game statistics.

And while some things you mentioned, I wish could venture into League of Legends, I'm glad it doesn't. I'm glad champions don't scale as hard in League, because all you would have to do realistically is play a Jungle and hard carry every single game, and you can't do this. The game is based upon short, bursty skirmishes lasting over half the time a league fight would, and I hate the fact that every champion in the game is a counter to other champions, and you cannot customize your character.

That's where League shines, how customizable it is compared to the other game. There is a lot going for League vs DOTA - You cannot come here and tell people to "not play league cause this reason" based upon your own opinions. This debate could go back and forth forever.

Every single game can give you *** moments or "OMG I JUST GOT AWAY" or OMG THAT PEEL WAS CRAZY". This has always been some of the selling points for League of Legends and is something that no other MOBA even has CLOSE to coming in comparison to. It's not as forgiving, and it's not as customizable, this is a fact.

Opinions are opinions - For me, League is still more fun then Dota - If you're a good moba player, they're both stupid easy to play and last hitting is in my opinion, easier in Dota as well.
Edited by Balsagna - 3/6/14 at 1:50pm
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 2600K Asus Maximus IV Extreme AMD Radeon 7970 AMD Radeon 7970 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16gb Gskill 1866mhz Vertex 3 240gb. 1TB Seagate 7200. 160gb WD 7200. LG 24x DVD XSPC Raystorm, MCP655, Frozen-Q Tvirus, RS360mm... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 24'' 1080p by Asus Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair 1000watt HX Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 800D Razer Mamba Razer Ironclad Razer Megalodon's  
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 2600K Asus Maximus IV Extreme AMD Radeon 7970 AMD Radeon 7970 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16gb Gskill 1866mhz Vertex 3 240gb. 1TB Seagate 7200. 160gb WD 7200. LG 24x DVD XSPC Raystorm, MCP655, Frozen-Q Tvirus, RS360mm... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 24'' 1080p by Asus Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair 1000watt HX Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 800D Razer Mamba Razer Ironclad Razer Megalodon's  
  hide details  
Reply
post #16144 of 17789
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlaheysadrunk View Post

i have dota 2 and have tried it out but ultimately i just like league better. i used to be somewhat of an artist, and even went to art school for animation for a while, and Leagues art style is much better for me. something about dota seems flat and dead. thats just my opinion, but thats what has kept me from getting into dota. i like the champion design in league a lot better as well, to me the champions feel more alive than they do in dota. i cant really comment on the gameplay since i havent played more than 20 games of it, but the art style alone is enough to keep me away from it. again this is purely my opinion based on what my eyeballs like to look at, and is in no way slamming dota.

Leagues art style is aesthetically broken... Its awfully inconsistent and lacks a recognizable theme as well as its lore is completely unfinished and loop holed. Artistically speaking it has poor aesthetics.
Quote:
to me the champions feel more alive than they do in dota.

I don't see how this is possible then their responses are intuitive, non-interactive, and completely randomized. DoTA2's heroes actually talk and interact with one another and events that happen in the game. They'll call out items they've picked up. If you use a mia call your champion will call what lane is missing across the map. Heroes taunt and talk to each other when they kill one another. The quote out when they spawn, die, and get last hits, and shutdowns. They respond to movements with movement calls, they respond to gaining levels.

DoTA2 is on a whole other level when it comes to making a hero feel alive and living.

LoL champions don't interact unless its something like jinx and cait. They barely make noises, they don't respond with applicable types of audio. They dont shout out for a gained level, they don't respond to last hits and kills.

Jinx is the most interactive and well designed champion overall, but she's still junk and lazy compared to a DoTA2 hero. AND not only that to get some of her responses you have to freaking buy a skin for heavens sake.
Artistically speaking, Coming from someone who promotes games as art and is a pixel editing artist, DoTA2 is a far more artistic game.
post #16145 of 17789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balsagna View Post

That's where League shines, how customizable it is compared to the other game. There is a lot going for League vs DOTA - You cannot come here and tell people to "not play league cause this reason" based upon your own opinions. This debate could go back and forth forever.
But thats the thing. I wasn't basing on my own opinions, just supporting factors from one game over another. I can voice my opinion, which is based on factors I've seen over a few weeks of playing DoTA2 vs my 2+years and held world record in LoL.

LoL is no where near as customizable as DoTA2,
The only point that supports that claim is Runes and Masteries, which are controlled by meta anyways.

LoL isn't anywhere near as close to customizable as DoTA2
I mean
This is my champion select in DoTA2



In DoTA2 you have full skins sets...that can be taken apart and mixed and matched in LoL you have...single skins.
In DoTA2 you can create a custom layout of your hero select, In LoL you cant.
I could go on and on, but there's no debating that DoTA2 is a higher quality game than LoL in almost every aspect.

Just remember who I was in LoL, "that shyvana player" ect, and how quickly a week of DoTA2 changed my opinion on LoL. DoTA2 killed LoL for me.
post #16146 of 17789
I could have sworn that someone said there were more available heroes in Dota 2 than there were in League of Legends.



Quote:
Originally Posted by FranBunnyFFXII View Post

But thats the thing. I wasn't basing on my own opinions, just supporting factors from one game over another. I can voice my opinion, which is based on factors I've seen over a few weeks of playing DoTA2 vs my 2+years and held world record in LoL.

LoL is no where near as customizable as DoTA2,
The only point that supports that claim is Runes and Masteries, which are controlled by meta anyways.

LoL isn't anywhere near as close to customizable as DoTA2
I mean
This is my champion select in DoTA2



In DoTA2 you have full skins sets...that can be taken apart and mixed and matched in LoL you have...single skins.
In DoTA2 you can create a custom layout of your hero select, In LoL you cant.
I could go on and on, but there's no debating that DoTA2 is a higher quality game than LoL in almost every aspect.

Just remember who I was in LoL, "that shyvana player" ect, and how quickly a week of DoTA2 changed my opinion on LoL. DoTA2 killed LoL for me.


What are you still doing in this thread if all you are here to do is bash everything that is LoL? I haven't seen a post in weeks from you that hasn't said something to the tune of "omg wildstar and dota 2 are such good games, I cant believe I ever played LoL. Everyone else should stop playing based on my personal opinions and taste in games."

If I wanted to see someone bashing on a game I'd go subscribe to a PS4/Xbox/EA thread.
post #16147 of 17789
Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerz919 View Post

What are you still doing in this thread if all you are here to do is bash everything that is LoL?

I'm not... I'm just explaining my position with LoL now.
I still watch LCS, along with my girlfriend who still plays LoL.

And if you actually look instead of being shallow I was encouraging a player that they can get better and be a better player at this game.
Also "havent seen you post in weeks.
What? This thread was dead for 5 days until I posted that screencap. I post here semi regularly.
Perhaps you should pay attention to the bigger picture.
post #16148 of 17789
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranBunnyFFXII View Post

I'm not... I'm just explaining my position with LoL now.
I still watch LCS, along with my girlfriend who still plays LoL.

And if you actually look instead of being shallow I was encouraging a player that they can get better and be a better player at this game.
Also "havent seen you post in weeks.
What? This thread was dead for 5 days until I posted that screencap. I post here semi regularly.
Perhaps you should pay attention to the bigger picture.

First of all, you can't quote someone and omit words to make it look the way you want to take it.

Next, you literally said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranBunnyFFXII View Post

To be honest, LoL isn't worth playing anymore. after taking a dip in the DoTA2 pool... I dont think LoL is balanced enough or built right to be a worthwhile game.
I think putting in your time to get good at LoL isn't something you should do. LoL isn't consistant, and it feels less quality made, and less balanced. The items are too efficient, and yet the champions don't scale hard enough, unlike DoTA2.

There is no other way to take this than. "...LoL sucks, play Dota 2 instead..."
post #16149 of 17789
Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerz919 View Post

First of all, you can't quote someone and omit words to make it look the way you want to take it.

Next, you literally said...
There is no other way to take this than. "...LoL sucks, play Dota 2 instead..."

you used multiple points, i addressed most of them

no, i said I don't think LoL is worth the time because i personally feel its a lesser quality game and not well designed, not "lol sucks play dota2"
I made an articulated statement with ideas behind it, I was giving out my opinion as someone whom highly supported and was proud of LoL and her place in the game, and describing how drastically DoTA2 has changed my mind vs LoL. Some people posted irrational arguments, and I just counterpointed them.
Don't try to simplify something that isn't meant to be simplified.
I'm not bashing LoL, I'm saying it no longer feels like a quality game thanks to DoTA2. You cant turn around and say "you just bashing LoL" When I was just encouraging someone to learn how to get better at the game. I mearly dropped my opinion(because of their disappointment). I didnt say LoL sucks, I said DoTA2 is a better game because of "my reasons here"

If i wanted to say "LoL sucks" I would have said, "LoL sucks" LoL doesn't suck, its a far better made game than most and a worthwhile game for many people, but for me and my opinion thanks to DoTA2 I no longer feel its as worthwhile considering the better competitor product.
As I said before don't be shallow an look at the bigger picture.
post #16150 of 17789
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranBunnyFFXII View Post

you used multiple points, i addressed most of them

no, i said I don't think LoL is worth the time because i personally feel its a lesser quality game and not well designed, not "lol sucks play dota2"
I made an articulated statement with ideas behind it, I was giving out my opinion as someone whom highly supported and was proud of LoL and her place in the game, and describing how drastically DoTA2 has changed my mind vs LoL. Some people posted irrational arguments, and I just counterpointed them.
Don't try to simplify something that isn't meant to be simplified.
I'm not bashing LoL, I'm saying it no longer feels like a quality game thanks to DoTA2. You cant turn around and say "you just bashing LoL" When I was just encouraging someone to learn how to get better at the game. I mearly dropped my opinion(because of their disappointment). I didnt say LoL sucks, I said DoTA2 is a better game because of "my reasons here"

If i wanted to say "LoL sucks" I would have said, "LoL sucks" LoL doesn't suck, its a far better made game than most and a worthwhile game for many people, but for me and my opinion thanks to DoTA2 I no longer feel its as worthwhile considering the better competitor product.
As I said before don't be shallow an look at the bigger picture.

If you wanted to get your point across without making it sound like you were bashing LoL as a whole you would have chosen your words better. You are pushing your opinion as fact, not as your opinion. Just because you feel a game is better in certain aspects does not make it true for everyone. I am not saying that League is better than Dota here, I am just trying to get you to understand that your opinion differs from others.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] The League of Legends Club