Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] The League of Legends Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The League of Legends Club - Page 1778

post #17771 of 17789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pistol View Post

There were no common words in my password. It was a complex 16-digit alphanumeric combination that would have been nearly impossible to guess. My guess is they had some sort of break from the inside, and now they're trying to cover it up.

may be you used the same password in another website and that website databate is hacked?
post #17772 of 17789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pistol View Post

I'm posting this here because I don't know where else to turn.

My League of Legends account (madpistol) was hacked. The only reason I found out about it was because of an email I received on 8/12 stating that my account had been banned for hacking.



It's really odd because I hadn't played any games since January 2016, and I got no warning that my account had been accessed until I got the email saying it was banned. I looked on the League of Legends website after I got the email, and came to find out that a series of games had been played between 8/8-8/11/2016 (I got the "banned" email on 8/12). I realized very quickly the reason is because League of Legends does not have a 2-step security verification process that uses your phone # as an alternate form of verification. This is the same tech that we have had for years on Steam and Gmail, and it works nearly flawlessly.

Anyone that plays this game, please be careful. I spent $60+ on skins and such, and now, it's all gone. Support will do nothing to correct the issue, and my account with hundreds of hours on the clock is now permanently banned. If you spend money on this game or any other game/service that does not require a 2-step verification process, make sure your password is long and unrelated to anything else in your life. Otherwise, your account may be compromised as well, and you won't even know it.

Sorry your account was hacked. I would look into reinstalling OS's on your network, as if you were as secure with your password as you claimed then you might have someone reading what you type.

In other news, and the main reason I responded to this is to counter your claim that SMS 2FA is the key to account security. Unfortunately, it is exactly no more secure than using a single channel, because SMS is inherently insecure. 2FA is fantastic, but the implementation you really want is an authenticator style app (Google, LastPass, Blizzard Authenticator.. etc), those ARE secure, because all their traffic is handled over encrypted transmissions.
Nightrider
(17 items)
 
Commodore 64
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k x79 gd45 PLUS GTX Titan Crucial Ballistix Sport VLP  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
HyperX 3k Intel 320 Seagate Barracuda Swifttech H220 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Swifttech 220QP Corsair SP120 Windows 8.1 Pro Windows 10 Pro 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Home Ubuntu 15.4 QNIX 2710 Catleap 2B 
Keyboard
Ducky - Cherry MX Red 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k DZ77GA - 70K GTX670-DC2-4GD5  MV-3V4G3D/US 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
HyperX 3k CM 212 + Win 7 64 ubuntu 
PowerCase
Seventeam 850w modular CS-NT-ZERO-2  
  hide details  
Reply
Nightrider
(17 items)
 
Commodore 64
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k x79 gd45 PLUS GTX Titan Crucial Ballistix Sport VLP  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
HyperX 3k Intel 320 Seagate Barracuda Swifttech H220 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
Swifttech 220QP Corsair SP120 Windows 8.1 Pro Windows 10 Pro 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Home Ubuntu 15.4 QNIX 2710 Catleap 2B 
Keyboard
Ducky - Cherry MX Red 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k DZ77GA - 70K GTX670-DC2-4GD5  MV-3V4G3D/US 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
HyperX 3k CM 212 + Win 7 64 ubuntu 
PowerCase
Seventeam 850w modular CS-NT-ZERO-2  
  hide details  
Reply
post #17773 of 17789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avonosac View Post

Sorry your account was hacked. I would look into reinstalling OS's on your network, as if you were as secure with your password as you claimed then you might have someone reading what you type.

In other news, and the main reason I responded to this is to counter your claim that SMS 2FA is the key to account security. Unfortunately, it is exactly no more secure than using a single channel, because SMS is inherently insecure. 2FA is fantastic, but the implementation you really want is an authenticator style app (Google, LastPass, Blizzard Authenticator.. etc), those ARE secure, because all their traffic is handled over encrypted transmissions.

I agree with this one. Nevertheless, I will not be playing this or future games made by Riot. They have seriously failed me on this one, and I cannot support a company that steals money from their player base.

No question about it, Heroes of the Storm is a much better game... and surprise! Blizzard has an authenticator app.
Everest - Intel
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 MSI Geforce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 16GB (2x8) Patriot Viper 1866Mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 3TB, WD 500GB HDD, WD 640GB HD Samsung 850 EVO 512GB Samsung DVD-Burner Corsair H110 w/ Dual Aerocool DS 140mm fans 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro Dell S2716DG (1440p, 144hz Gsync) AOC U3477 PQU (3440x1440 IPS) Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Evga SuperNOVA 750 G2 NZXT Phantom 530 Black Logitech G502 Proteus Core Corsair MM400 
AudioAudioAudio
Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC/AMP Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones HyperX Cloud Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
Everest - Intel
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4790k Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 MSI Geforce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 16GB (2x8) Patriot Viper 1866Mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 3TB, WD 500GB HDD, WD 640GB HD Samsung 850 EVO 512GB Samsung DVD-Burner Corsair H110 w/ Dual Aerocool DS 140mm fans 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro Dell S2716DG (1440p, 144hz Gsync) AOC U3477 PQU (3440x1440 IPS) Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Evga SuperNOVA 750 G2 NZXT Phantom 530 Black Logitech G502 Proteus Core Corsair MM400 
AudioAudioAudio
Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC/AMP Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones HyperX Cloud Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17774 of 17789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pistol View Post

I agree with this one. Nevertheless, I will not be playing this or future games made by Riot. They have seriously failed me on this one, and I cannot support a company that steals money from their player base.

No question about it, Heroes of the Storm is a much better game... and surprise! Blizzard has an authenticator app.

I feel bad for you that riot doesnt give the account back to you. If they want they can easily prove you own the account.
post #17775 of 17789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pistol View Post


Anyone that plays this game, please be careful. I spent $60+ on skins and such, and now, it's all gone. Support will do nothing to correct the issue, and my account with hundreds of hours on the clock is now permanently banned. If you spend money on this game or any other game/service that does not require a 2-step verification process, make sure your password is long and unrelated to anything else in your life. Otherwise, your account may be compromised as well, and you won't even know it.

screw the 2 step verification. So freaking annoying that everytime I login from my computers that I have to verify every single freaking time. IDK how you got hacked. I have many hours all champion etc and skins and have not been hacked. When something like this happen it is usually the player who did it or gave out their password and etc for some "free" stuff.
My build
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8350 MSI 970 Gaming  R9 290x 4GB Evga SSC 1866 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
samsung 850 evo lg thermaltek nic c4 microsoft 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
asus vq evga g2 cooler master k380 logitech 402 
  hide details  
Reply
My build
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8350 MSI 970 Gaming  R9 290x 4GB Evga SSC 1866 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
samsung 850 evo lg thermaltek nic c4 microsoft 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
asus vq evga g2 cooler master k380 logitech 402 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17776 of 17789
When people get 'Hacked@ it's usually when they give out their passwords so that some one can boost them. Or they paid for a boosted account and the people they bought it off changed the passwords before they could log in after paying the money.
I've also seen 3rd party programs (scripting) that also install a key logger, then once you've cheated up to what ever rank they use the key logs to find your passwords and steal your account.
post #17777 of 17789
I doubt LOL is really thecmost popular game now since this post is so inactive. There is a lot to discuss with patch every 2 weeks and so many pro matches.
post #17778 of 17789
If you paid using a credit card, contact your financial institution to file a chargeback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pistol View Post

I'm posting this here because I don't know where else to turn.

My League of Legends account (madpistol) was hacked. The only reason I found out about it was because of an email I received on 8/12 stating that my account had been banned for hacking.

It's really odd because I hadn't played any games since January 2016, and I got no warning that my account had been accessed until I got the email saying it was banned. I looked on the League of Legends website after I got the email, and came to find out that a series of games had been played between 8/8-8/11/2016 (I got the "banned" email on 8/12). I realized very quickly the reason is because League of Legends does not have a 2-step security verification process that uses your phone # as an alternate form of verification. This is the same tech that we have had for years on Steam and Gmail, and it works nearly flawlessly.

Anyone that plays this game, please be careful. I spent $60+ on skins and such, and now, it's all gone. Support will do nothing to correct the issue, and my account with hundreds of hours on the clock is now permanently banned. If you spend money on this game or any other game/service that does not require a 2-step verification process, make sure your password is long and unrelated to anything else in your life. Otherwise, your account may be compromised as well, and you won't even know it.

If you paid using a credit card, contact your financial institution to file a chargeback on grounds of non-access of electronic purchased goods/fraud.
Edited by Flamous - 8/30/16 at 12:47pm
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K Asrock Z87 Extreme4 EVGA 980 TI Classified Kingston Hyper X 24GB DDR3  
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 1TB LG Blu Ray/HD DVD Combo Windows 10 Pro Dell S2417DG 
PowerCaseMouse
CM 1000W CM MasterCase Pro 5 CM Storm Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K Asrock Z87 Extreme4 EVGA 980 TI Classified Kingston Hyper X 24GB DDR3  
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 1TB LG Blu Ray/HD DVD Combo Windows 10 Pro Dell S2417DG 
PowerCaseMouse
CM 1000W CM MasterCase Pro 5 CM Storm Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17779 of 17789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Mind Trick View Post

Yup, its people like him that made me hate the game. "Oh look at my KDA, yours sucks, you suck even though you've killed towers/dragons and did things to actually help the team." Then riot got rid of solo-q and dynamic-q is like running into 4 flamers a game. I haven't played in a while, but the last like 10-20 games I wouldn't say anything in champ select and I would mute my team as soon as I got in the game. Doing this allowed me to play/focus better, but man this game is boring with NO communication. Anecdote for why I hate dynamic q (Click to show)
My bot lane kept over extending and dying under tower. I told them something like, "play safe, stop extending so far" after which everyone on the team starting going crazy with racial slurs and whatnot (my summoner name is a rapper). 
 
Reported them and started avoiding talking to other players.

Then you call their crap out, and you get reported for negative attitude/bad sportsmanship, and its you who gets banned not him.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K Asrock Z87 Extreme4 EVGA 980 TI Classified Kingston Hyper X 24GB DDR3  
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 1TB LG Blu Ray/HD DVD Combo Windows 10 Pro Dell S2417DG 
PowerCaseMouse
CM 1000W CM MasterCase Pro 5 CM Storm Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K Asrock Z87 Extreme4 EVGA 980 TI Classified Kingston Hyper X 24GB DDR3  
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 1TB LG Blu Ray/HD DVD Combo Windows 10 Pro Dell S2417DG 
PowerCaseMouse
CM 1000W CM MasterCase Pro 5 CM Storm Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17780 of 17789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamous View Post

Then you call their crap out, and you get reported for negative attitude/bad sportsmanship, and its you who gets banned not him.

I call people out all the time and probably have plenty of reports. Thing is, reports only stick of you say **** you shouldn't say. If you look like the reasonable one, you're fine.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K MSI Z97M Gaming MSI R9 Fury X Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Corsair H75 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248QE + VE198TL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Gaming K70 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keybo... Corsair AX760 Corsair Carbide Air 240 (black) Corsair Gaming M65 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse 
AudioOther
Soundblaster Z Sennheiser GAME ONE Gaming Headset - White 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4570s ASUS H97i-PLUS Sapphire R9 380 Compact G.Skill Sniper Low Voltage DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WD Green 4tb Windows 7 Ultimate Silverstone SX500-LG Silverstone ML07b 
Other
Samsung 850 PRO 128gb 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K MSI Z97M Gaming MSI R9 Fury X Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Corsair H75 Windows 10 Pro Asus VG248QE + VE198TL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Gaming K70 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keybo... Corsair AX760 Corsair Carbide Air 240 (black) Corsair Gaming M65 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse 
AudioOther
Soundblaster Z Sennheiser GAME ONE Gaming Headset - White 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4570s ASUS H97i-PLUS Sapphire R9 380 Compact G.Skill Sniper Low Voltage DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WD Green 4tb Windows 7 Ultimate Silverstone SX500-LG Silverstone ML07b 
Other
Samsung 850 PRO 128gb 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] The League of Legends Club