Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] The League of Legends Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The League of Legends Club - Page 49

post #481 of 17789
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilraver018 View Post
I have played DOTA with friends before and it gets quite competitive. The overall game of HoN and DOTA is a bit harder than LoL in my opinion. Due to the ability to deny and slow down creeps and etc.

The weapon shops are located all over the map which makes it hard for new players to get use to. Even with practice no one really wants to carry a noob around on a team match. So i would say that they are not very noob friendly.
Yes I agree with HoN being slightly harder, but I can play either way. Though I've come to prefer more simplicity and focus on battles and less dealing with creep denying. I also prefer having a different assortment of heroes with LoL instead of the copy/paste job HoN developers did of the DOTA heroes. I do, however, wish you could creep block in LoL, but it's not a big enough deal to really bother me.

Yes, secret shops are harder for noobs to find, but I personally prefer being able to just buy from one place. I see no real advantage here except it makes it harder for noobs to play. HoN is definitely not noob friendly.

In other news, I've been trying a little of Brand; I've got mixed feelings so far. Some games I have great games, and others I feel like I'm constantly dead. You definitely don't want to be the target of attacks with Brand... try to lay low.
Edited by whitingnick - 4/20/11 at 12:03am
BleedinRaged
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 4790K ASRock Fatal1ty MSI GTX 970 G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB SSD TRUE Windows 7 Pro 22" Acer Ferrari F-22 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
yes ;0 CORSAIR RM Series RM750 750W Lian Li PC-V1200B Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BleedinRaged
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 4790K ASRock Fatal1ty MSI GTX 970 G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB SSD TRUE Windows 7 Pro 22" Acer Ferrari F-22 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
yes ;0 CORSAIR RM Series RM750 750W Lian Li PC-V1200B Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #482 of 17789
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitingnick View Post
Played both games quite extensively. HoN is basically a complete copy of DOTA, no real imagination by the developers there. Other than that, I prefer the gameplay of LoL. Not real impressed with HoN quite honestly.
QFT. My feelings exacty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitingnick View Post
Yes I agree with HoN being slightly harder, but I can play either way. Though I've come to prefer more simplicity and focus on battles and less dealing with creep denying. I also prefer having a different assortment of heroes with LoL instead of the copy/paste job HoN developers did of the DOTA heroes. I do, however, wish you could creep block in LoL, but it's not a big enough deal to really bother me.

Yes, secret shops are harder for noobs to find, but I personally prefer being able to just buy from one place. I see no real advantage here except it makes it harder for noobs to play. HoN is definitely not noob friendly.

In other news, I've been trying a little of Brand; I've got mixed feelings so far. Some games I have great games, and others I feel like I'm constantly dead. You definitely don't want to be the target of attacks with Brand... try to lay low.
I saw a good Brand yesterday. Just thought I'd put that out there with my other previous statement lol
post #483 of 17789
Lol all this Brand talk. Can I vouch for myself? Haha
Haven't lost a single match with Brand.
Edited by thisispatrick - 4/20/11 at 6:17am
Yes
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 C3 MSI 790FX-GD70 Radeon HD 5870 Corsair Vengeance 16G 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
250Gx2 WD Caviar Blue Raid 0 Corsair H50 Windows 7 x64 21.5" Sceptre 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky 1087 OCZ 700W ModxStream Lian Li K62 Roccat Kone+ 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries 4HD Klipsch Promedia 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Yes
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 C3 MSI 790FX-GD70 Radeon HD 5870 Corsair Vengeance 16G 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
250Gx2 WD Caviar Blue Raid 0 Corsair H50 Windows 7 x64 21.5" Sceptre 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky 1087 OCZ 700W ModxStream Lian Li K62 Roccat Kone+ 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries 4HD Klipsch Promedia 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #484 of 17789
As long as you know how to position yourself Brand is ridiculous. His spell synergy makes killing people so easy.

The people that are bad at Brand are people that stay in the middle of the fights instead of the edges. Also you will need to rely on your team to actually protect you some with some CC/exhaust on people that can close the distance very quickly.
post #485 of 17789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aawa View Post
As long as you know how to position yourself Brand is ridiculous. His spell synergy makes killing people so easy.

The people that are bad at Brand are people that stay in the middle of the fights instead of the edges. Also you will need to rely on your team to actually protect you some with some CC/exhaust on people that can close the distance very quickly.
Yeah that's why playing with friends is a must. I'm usually just screaming "GET IT OFF GET IT OFF" on Mumble whenever someone focuses me haha.
Yes
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 C3 MSI 790FX-GD70 Radeon HD 5870 Corsair Vengeance 16G 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
250Gx2 WD Caviar Blue Raid 0 Corsair H50 Windows 7 x64 21.5" Sceptre 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky 1087 OCZ 700W ModxStream Lian Li K62 Roccat Kone+ 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries 4HD Klipsch Promedia 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Yes
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 C3 MSI 790FX-GD70 Radeon HD 5870 Corsair Vengeance 16G 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
250Gx2 WD Caviar Blue Raid 0 Corsair H50 Windows 7 x64 21.5" Sceptre 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky 1087 OCZ 700W ModxStream Lian Li K62 Roccat Kone+ 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries 4HD Klipsch Promedia 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #486 of 17789
I did some testing and I got my livestream to work! I played 1 live game with Alistar and went 2/7/28.

I'll throw the link into the thread when I get home and play some games.
post #487 of 17789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aawa View Post
I did some testing and I got my livestream to work! I played 1 live game with Alistar and went 2/7/28.

I'll throw the link into the thread when I get home and play some games.
That's good to hear. My Xsplit no longer decides to cooperate with me after their recent update. It started to drop frame rates like crazy whereas on the older build I was alright. :| Until its fixed I'm not streaming anymore.
Yes
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 C3 MSI 790FX-GD70 Radeon HD 5870 Corsair Vengeance 16G 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
250Gx2 WD Caviar Blue Raid 0 Corsair H50 Windows 7 x64 21.5" Sceptre 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky 1087 OCZ 700W ModxStream Lian Li K62 Roccat Kone+ 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries 4HD Klipsch Promedia 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Yes
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 C3 MSI 790FX-GD70 Radeon HD 5870 Corsair Vengeance 16G 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
250Gx2 WD Caviar Blue Raid 0 Corsair H50 Windows 7 x64 21.5" Sceptre 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky 1087 OCZ 700W ModxStream Lian Li K62 Roccat Kone+ 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries 4HD Klipsch Promedia 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #488 of 17789
Any EU clans i can join here ? l4g

edit: brand wll get nerfed for sure..
post #489 of 17789
Last night me and my friends had the best game we've ever had. Everyone on their team was level 30, I was 24, Booms was 27 and the rest were sub 20. First blood didn't occur until 11 minutes into the game.



It lasted an hour and 20 minutes. Best game I've ever played in so far against decent people.

(I am Ewok)
post #490 of 17789
Woo just got into ranked 1464
Needs More Red
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Gigabyte Windforce 290X OC 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 Low Voltage 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 Low Voltage 1TB Samsung F3 2TB Samsung F4 OCZ Agility 3 256GB 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 24x DVD+-RW Lite-On 12x Bluray Burner Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO Windows 8.1 Pro x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Yamakasi Catleap Q270 Antec TruePower 850W Thermaltake V4 Black Logitech G400s 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Steelseries QCK Ultrasone Pro 900 Fiio E17 
  hide details  
Reply
Needs More Red
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Gigabyte Windforce 290X OC 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 Low Voltage 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 Low Voltage 1TB Samsung F3 2TB Samsung F4 OCZ Agility 3 256GB 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 24x DVD+-RW Lite-On 12x Bluray Burner Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO Windows 8.1 Pro x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Yamakasi Catleap Q270 Antec TruePower 850W Thermaltake V4 Black Logitech G400s 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Steelseries QCK Ultrasone Pro 900 Fiio E17 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] The League of Legends Club