Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Operating Systems › Windows › Windows 7 sp1 problem
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Windows 7 sp1 problem

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
I had to reinstall windows last night. Before I did so, on the previous install I had sp1 installed with no problems. Now, with a fresh install, it's giving me the error "One or more system components that the service pack requires are not present" When I go to the "help with the problem" it says only to fix a Vlite problem, which I don't run. Can someone help me out with this please, as SP1 is required to take advantage of the avx instruction set on my chip and I'm stumped at the moment.

P.S... I have all updates installed.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Evo VIII 475whp/405tq NONE BATTLEFIELD UNTIL 
Hard DrivePowerCase
COMES OUT!!!!! 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Evo VIII 475whp/405tq NONE BATTLEFIELD UNTIL 
Hard DrivePowerCase
COMES OUT!!!!! 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 13
Did you slipstream SP1 into the ISO to reformat, or did you reformat and then install the SP1 distro?
post #3 of 13
Thread Starter 
I installed a fresh copy of 7 pro x64, then downloaded sp1 ( 9 different times I might add ) and simply try to install it. That's how I did it on the last install, and it worked flawlessly.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Evo VIII 475whp/405tq NONE BATTLEFIELD UNTIL 
Hard DrivePowerCase
COMES OUT!!!!! 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Evo VIII 475whp/405tq NONE BATTLEFIELD UNTIL 
Hard DrivePowerCase
COMES OUT!!!!! 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey I7 View Post
I installed a fresh copy of 7 pro x64, then downloaded sp1 ( 9 different times I might add ) and simply try to install it. That's how I did it on the last install, and it worked flawlessly.
If you installed the SP before you ran updates, that could be your problem. Even though SP1 contains all updates previously released, it's still not guaranteed to be the final release, and thus could have one or more missing updates that are required for some parts of your computer (driver hotfixes, etc.)

EDIT: I know you said you didn't use vlite, but where did you get your copy of Windows? Was it from MSDN, Retail, OEM, etc.?
post #5 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitzogreg View Post
If you installed the SP before you ran updates, that could be your problem. Even though SP1 contains all updates previously released, it's still not guaranteed to be the final release, and thus could have one or more missing updates that are required for some parts of your computer (driver hotfixes, etc.)
no no, I installed all available updates, then try to install sp1.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Evo VIII 475whp/405tq NONE BATTLEFIELD UNTIL 
Hard DrivePowerCase
COMES OUT!!!!! 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Evo VIII 475whp/405tq NONE BATTLEFIELD UNTIL 
Hard DrivePowerCase
COMES OUT!!!!! 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 13
Which version of SP1 did you install? The RC one or the RTM one?
Obsidian
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k Asus P8P67 Pro B3 EVGA GTX275 G.Skill Ripjaws (2x2Gb) DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 x 2 (Raid 0) LG GH22LS40 CD/DVD Burner Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 Acer X203H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 ver. 1 Mad Dog MD-550SCPS CM 690 II Advanced Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
Obsidian
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k Asus P8P67 Pro B3 EVGA GTX275 G.Skill Ripjaws (2x2Gb) DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 x 2 (Raid 0) LG GH22LS40 CD/DVD Burner Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 Acer X203H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 ver. 1 Mad Dog MD-550SCPS CM 690 II Advanced Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronos007 View Post
Which version of SP1 did you install? The RC one or the RTM one?
RTM, both times.... and it's a retail copy of pro. Full version.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Evo VIII 475whp/405tq NONE BATTLEFIELD UNTIL 
Hard DrivePowerCase
COMES OUT!!!!! 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Evo VIII 475whp/405tq NONE BATTLEFIELD UNTIL 
Hard DrivePowerCase
COMES OUT!!!!! 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey I7 View Post
RTM, both times.... and it's a retail copy of pro. Full version.
You're going to hate this advice, but try reformatting again. It could be a one-off deal. Also, I'd wait until SP1 is actually released before putting it on your system, but that's just me.
post #9 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitzogreg View Post
You're going to hate this advice, but try reformatting again. It could be a one-off deal. Also, I'd wait until SP1 is actually released before putting it on your system, but that's just me.
reinstalled..... same damn problems. Really need to figure out what's going on.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Evo VIII 475whp/405tq NONE BATTLEFIELD UNTIL 
Hard DrivePowerCase
COMES OUT!!!!! 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Evo VIII 475whp/405tq NONE BATTLEFIELD UNTIL 
Hard DrivePowerCase
COMES OUT!!!!! 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 13
Just slipstream SP1 into your RTM copy. That's what I did and saved me lots of time afterwords.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Windows
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Operating Systems › Windows › Windows 7 sp1 problem