Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Kotaku] We Win, If Nintendo Can Be As Modern As Apple
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Kotaku] We Win, If Nintendo Can Be As Modern As Apple - Page 4

post #31 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumViewer View Post
I can argue that point by virtue of the app store, which alone makes the touch more versatile. It's a fact, Jack It's not debatable. Give it up already.
You really need to stop. Your argument is like saying a grocery store is better than a convenience store simply because it has a larger inventory. If all you need is one thing, then its very debatable in that regard.

I could argue that the library of games for the DS both on cartridge, or the GBA games that work, or DSi Ware makes it more versatile, but it's pointless.

You'll never realize that 2 things created for 2 different purposes cannot be fairly compared, and yet you still try.

Oh and having a hundred thousand crap apps does not a versatile device make. Even 'i' users admit that the app store is stuffed full of duplicate apps and crappy apps that are pointless, so once again you CAN'T use that argument.

When are you going to learn that your opinion is not fact no matter how hard you believe it to be so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firann View Post
I could argue that my PC is more versatile

Seriously to each his own. FV thinks the Touch is more versatile, ME doesn't think so. You both aren't proving anything in this thread just calling each other out. To me they offer the same stuff. The only difference is the DS is more game friendly.

Everything else that has been stated is X is better than Y because i say so.

Take it to pvt next time or at least give reasons so more ppl can discuss
Except I was never arguing that one was better than the other, I was simply saying they couldn't be accurately or fairly compared. Yet he persists that his opinion is concrete fact, simply because the iTouch has an app store.
Edited by Marafice Eye - 1/24/11 at 6:12pm
 
HTPC/Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz ASUS Maximus VI GENE Galaxy Geforce GTX 780 Hall of Fame 1188/1652(6... G.Skill Ripjaws X series 16gb ddr3 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Neutron 256gb SSD Seagate Barracude 3tb Seagate Barracuda 3tb LG 12x Blu-Ray Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Crossover Black Tune 2735 AMG 27 inch 2560x1440... LG 22EA53 21.5in 1080p IPS panel 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung Syncmaster 216BW 21.6inch 1680x1050 LCD... Ducky DK 1008-C OCN Edition w/MX Blue Switches Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000w Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula Logitech X-140 2.0 Speakers Logitech G930 Wireless 7.1 Surround Headset 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53Ghz Geforce GTX 260M 1GB 6GB DDR2 500gb and 160gb 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Pro 64bit 17.3" 16:9 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
 
HTPC/Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz ASUS Maximus VI GENE Galaxy Geforce GTX 780 Hall of Fame 1188/1652(6... G.Skill Ripjaws X series 16gb ddr3 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Neutron 256gb SSD Seagate Barracude 3tb Seagate Barracuda 3tb LG 12x Blu-Ray Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Crossover Black Tune 2735 AMG 27 inch 2560x1440... LG 22EA53 21.5in 1080p IPS panel 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung Syncmaster 216BW 21.6inch 1680x1050 LCD... Ducky DK 1008-C OCN Edition w/MX Blue Switches Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000w Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula Logitech X-140 2.0 Speakers Logitech G930 Wireless 7.1 Surround Headset 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53Ghz Geforce GTX 260M 1GB 6GB DDR2 500gb and 160gb 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Pro 64bit 17.3" 16:9 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32 of 45
A lot of women/young women game on the DS. Forumviewer must not know about women.
post #33 of 45
I've never liked Stephen Totilo. He writes the most annoying articles.
post #34 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marafice Eye View Post
You really need to stop. Your argument is like saying a grocery store is better than a convenience store simply because it has a larger inventory. If all you need is one thing, then its very debatable in that regard.

I could argue that the library of games for the DS both on cartridge, or the GBA games that work, or DSi Ware makes it more versatile, but it's pointless.

You'll never realize that 2 things created for 2 different purposes cannot be fairly compared, and yet you still try.

Oh and having a hundred thousand crap apps does not a versatile device make. Even 'i' users admit that the app store is stuffed full of duplicate apps and crappy apps that are pointless, so once again you CAN'T use that argument.

When are you going to learn that your opinion is not fact no matter how hard you believe it to be so?
Stop what? What I'm saying is 100% accurate. Versatility is not a subjective attribute. A device either does something, or it doesnt. Whether or not you need it to do said function is irrelevant. You can sit there and blast me all you want. I'm right, you are not. The Touch simply does more functions, thereby making it more versatile.

AGAIN, that is not fanboyism. It's a fact.

I'm merely spinning my wheels here. I've made my point quite clear from the get-go. Once again, I've said my piece and I'm done debating a non-debatable fact.
Edited by ForumViewer - 1/24/11 at 6:17pm
 
Gaming Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel 3.06 GHz C2D Radeon HD4670 12GB 1067MHz DDR3 1TB 7200RPM 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
8x SuperDrive Air Air OS X 10.7.2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" 2560 x 1440 LED Wireless BT 310W PSU Aluminum Enclosure 
MouseMouse Pad
Magic Mouse None 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Maximus Formula NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 G.Skill 2x4GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
3x 500GB WD  Lite-On Air Windows 7 x64 HP 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Gateway 24" 1900x1200 Razr Lycosa Corsair 750M Antec P180 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razr DeathAdder Razr eXactMat Creative X-Fi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Gaming Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel 3.06 GHz C2D Radeon HD4670 12GB 1067MHz DDR3 1TB 7200RPM 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
8x SuperDrive Air Air OS X 10.7.2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" 2560 x 1440 LED Wireless BT 310W PSU Aluminum Enclosure 
MouseMouse Pad
Magic Mouse None 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Maximus Formula NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 G.Skill 2x4GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
3x 500GB WD  Lite-On Air Windows 7 x64 HP 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Gateway 24" 1900x1200 Razr Lycosa Corsair 750M Antec P180 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razr DeathAdder Razr eXactMat Creative X-Fi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 45
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumViewer View Post
Stop what? What I'm saying is 100% accurate. Versatility is not a subjective attribute. A device either does something, or it doesnt. Whether or not you need it to do said function is irrelevant. You can sit there and blast me all you want. I'm right, you are not. The Touch simply does more functions, thereby making it more versatile.

AGAIN, that is not fanboyism. It's a fact.
What can an iTouch do that the newest DS can't?
 
dm1z
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K P8P67 Evo MSI RX 480 Sniper|1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel 330 Hyper 212+ Win8-x64 P2310H + P2311H 
PowerCase
CMPSU-650TX NZXT S340 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Dual-Core E-350 Radeon HD 6310M 3GB DDR3 HDD 
Optical DriveOSMonitorMouse
HP External BluRay/DVD Windows 7 Home Premium 11.6" LED (1366 x 768) Touch 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 840T 880GM-LE GTS 450 Corsair XMS2 2x2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Caviar Green 1TB LG Scythe KATANA 3 Windows 7 Professional 32-bit 
PowerCase
CX430 V2 Dell 
  hide details  
Reply
 
dm1z
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K P8P67 Evo MSI RX 480 Sniper|1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel 330 Hyper 212+ Win8-x64 P2310H + P2311H 
PowerCase
CMPSU-650TX NZXT S340 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Dual-Core E-350 Radeon HD 6310M 3GB DDR3 HDD 
Optical DriveOSMonitorMouse
HP External BluRay/DVD Windows 7 Home Premium 11.6" LED (1366 x 768) Touch 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 840T 880GM-LE GTS 450 Corsair XMS2 2x2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Caviar Green 1TB LG Scythe KATANA 3 Windows 7 Professional 32-bit 
PowerCase
CX430 V2 Dell 
  hide details  
Reply
post #36 of 45
Great column by the writer Stephen Totilo, nuff said.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k 4.5 @ 1.4 ASrock Z77 Pro3 Gigabyte 760 R2 1280/1875 <60C Kingston 8GB 1600 CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Agility 3 60GB Sandisk 128GB WD20EADS ASUS DRW-24B1ST 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
212+ Push Vertical 2x CM 200mm Megaflow Red Front Pull, Top Pull W7 Auria 27" 1440p eq276w 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Some HP PoS OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W HAF 912 Mod R.A.T. 3 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
None Xonar D1 Bamboo Splash Logitech z523 
Other
Shure SRH440 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k 4.5 @ 1.4 ASrock Z77 Pro3 Gigabyte 760 R2 1280/1875 <60C Kingston 8GB 1600 CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Agility 3 60GB Sandisk 128GB WD20EADS ASUS DRW-24B1ST 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
212+ Push Vertical 2x CM 200mm Megaflow Red Front Pull, Top Pull W7 Auria 27" 1440p eq276w 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Some HP PoS OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W HAF 912 Mod R.A.T. 3 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
None Xonar D1 Bamboo Splash Logitech z523 
Other
Shure SRH440 
  hide details  
Reply
post #37 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumViewer View Post
Stop what? What I'm saying is 100% accurate. Versatility is not a subjective attribute. A device either does something, or it doesnt. Whether or not you need it to do said function is irrelevant. You can sit there and blast me all you want. I'm right, you are not.
Versatility is indeed purely subjective. It's subjective for the exact reason you claim it's not. If a person don't need a device to do extraneous things, then it's level of versatility doesn't matter. And in that case, the person isn't buying or using the device for it's versatility now are they? So arguing whether one is more versatile than the other CANNOT be done because it IS subjective.

I never said you were wrong, nor will I say you're right, versatility IS subjective, whether you believe it to be or not, and in THAT case, you ARE wrong.
 
HTPC/Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz ASUS Maximus VI GENE Galaxy Geforce GTX 780 Hall of Fame 1188/1652(6... G.Skill Ripjaws X series 16gb ddr3 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Neutron 256gb SSD Seagate Barracude 3tb Seagate Barracuda 3tb LG 12x Blu-Ray Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Crossover Black Tune 2735 AMG 27 inch 2560x1440... LG 22EA53 21.5in 1080p IPS panel 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung Syncmaster 216BW 21.6inch 1680x1050 LCD... Ducky DK 1008-C OCN Edition w/MX Blue Switches Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000w Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula Logitech X-140 2.0 Speakers Logitech G930 Wireless 7.1 Surround Headset 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53Ghz Geforce GTX 260M 1GB 6GB DDR2 500gb and 160gb 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Pro 64bit 17.3" 16:9 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
 
HTPC/Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz ASUS Maximus VI GENE Galaxy Geforce GTX 780 Hall of Fame 1188/1652(6... G.Skill Ripjaws X series 16gb ddr3 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Neutron 256gb SSD Seagate Barracude 3tb Seagate Barracuda 3tb LG 12x Blu-Ray Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Crossover Black Tune 2735 AMG 27 inch 2560x1440... LG 22EA53 21.5in 1080p IPS panel 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung Syncmaster 216BW 21.6inch 1680x1050 LCD... Ducky DK 1008-C OCN Edition w/MX Blue Switches Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000w Corsair Vengeance C70 Arctic White 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G600 Razer Vespula Logitech X-140 2.0 Speakers Logitech G930 Wireless 7.1 Surround Headset 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53Ghz Geforce GTX 260M 1GB 6GB DDR2 500gb and 160gb 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Pro 64bit 17.3" 16:9 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #38 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marafice Eye View Post
Versatility is indeed purely subjective. .
No, it's not.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=define%3Aversatility

Don't confuse usefulness with versatility. The end. Goodnight.
 
Gaming Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel 3.06 GHz C2D Radeon HD4670 12GB 1067MHz DDR3 1TB 7200RPM 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
8x SuperDrive Air Air OS X 10.7.2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" 2560 x 1440 LED Wireless BT 310W PSU Aluminum Enclosure 
MouseMouse Pad
Magic Mouse None 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Maximus Formula NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 G.Skill 2x4GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
3x 500GB WD  Lite-On Air Windows 7 x64 HP 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Gateway 24" 1900x1200 Razr Lycosa Corsair 750M Antec P180 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razr DeathAdder Razr eXactMat Creative X-Fi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Gaming Rig
(15 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel 3.06 GHz C2D Radeon HD4670 12GB 1067MHz DDR3 1TB 7200RPM 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
8x SuperDrive Air Air OS X 10.7.2 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" 2560 x 1440 LED Wireless BT 310W PSU Aluminum Enclosure 
MouseMouse Pad
Magic Mouse None 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Maximus Formula NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 G.Skill 2x4GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
3x 500GB WD  Lite-On Air Windows 7 x64 HP 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Gateway 24" 1900x1200 Razr Lycosa Corsair 750M Antec P180 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razr DeathAdder Razr eXactMat Creative X-Fi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39 of 45
From a pure usability standpoint, of course the iPhone is a more versatile device, I don't think that's debatable. I love my DS (original, hot rod red ) and I'm looking forward to upgrading to a 3DS when they come out, but I've yet to talk to anyone who was debating between buying a DS or iDevice for general usage. I don't think the extra features Nintendo has added on the DSi are selling points, and the fact that the DS Lite is still part of the lineup shows me that Nintendo's product is still very much a device focused on gaming.

The iTouch products, on the other hand, are simply more powerful devices in nearly, if not every aspect (as far as I know). I don't think anyone will argue that the iPhone is more versatile than the DS for the simple fact that it is, well, a phone. The iPod Touch, on the other hand, I've always seen as more of a general gadget. I myself own an iPod Nano from a couple generations ago, and it's served its purpose fine as a music player. With the Touch you're getting a much more powerful device over the other iPod models, certainly more than you need just for playing music, and thus we get the App Store. In that respect, I can see it competing more with the DSi, especially if the DSiWare shop offers general usability products and not just games.

However, I think it boils down to the fact that they are targetting completely different demographics. Apple markets their iTouch products as an all-in-one device that can do everything you need it to, including games, while Nintendo markets their DS's primarily as gaming devices, from what I have seen. I don't think we will see this change much with the release of the 3DS, but who knows what Nintendo might have in store.
Black Box
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon X2 5200+ 2.7ghz ECS nettle3 eVGA GTX 460 1GB 3GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
360GB Seagate + 2TB Spinpoint F4 Windows 7 Pro x64 / Ubuntu 10.04 Asus VH242 23.6" 1080p Logitech G510 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Dynex 500w HP Pavilion Logitech MX Revolution Razer Goliathus Control Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Box
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon X2 5200+ 2.7ghz ECS nettle3 eVGA GTX 460 1GB 3GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
360GB Seagate + 2TB Spinpoint F4 Windows 7 Pro x64 / Ubuntu 10.04 Asus VH242 23.6" 1080p Logitech G510 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Dynex 500w HP Pavilion Logitech MX Revolution Razer Goliathus Control Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #40 of 45
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumViewer View Post
No, it's not.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=define%3Aversatility

Don't confuse usefulness with versatility. The end. Goodnight.

Hahahaha. OMG I seriously can't tell if he's kidding or not. I've never met a fanboy that takes himself THIS seriously.

@ForumViewer, please tell me how your LetMeGoogleThatForYou link shows that your claim is objective (aka, not subjective, in case you didn't know).
 
dm1z
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K P8P67 Evo MSI RX 480 Sniper|1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel 330 Hyper 212+ Win8-x64 P2310H + P2311H 
PowerCase
CMPSU-650TX NZXT S340 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Dual-Core E-350 Radeon HD 6310M 3GB DDR3 HDD 
Optical DriveOSMonitorMouse
HP External BluRay/DVD Windows 7 Home Premium 11.6" LED (1366 x 768) Touch 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 840T 880GM-LE GTS 450 Corsair XMS2 2x2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Caviar Green 1TB LG Scythe KATANA 3 Windows 7 Professional 32-bit 
PowerCase
CX430 V2 Dell 
  hide details  
Reply
 
dm1z
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K P8P67 Evo MSI RX 480 Sniper|1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel 330 Hyper 212+ Win8-x64 P2310H + P2311H 
PowerCase
CMPSU-650TX NZXT S340 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Dual-Core E-350 Radeon HD 6310M 3GB DDR3 HDD 
Optical DriveOSMonitorMouse
HP External BluRay/DVD Windows 7 Home Premium 11.6" LED (1366 x 768) Touch 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 840T 880GM-LE GTS 450 Corsair XMS2 2x2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Caviar Green 1TB LG Scythe KATANA 3 Windows 7 Professional 32-bit 
PowerCase
CX430 V2 Dell 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Kotaku] We Win, If Nintendo Can Be As Modern As Apple