Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Intel Pentium 4/D & Celeron/D owner's Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Intel Pentium 4/D & Celeron/D owner's Thread - Page 50

post #491 of 761
First things first - let's cool down a bit, shall we? No need to get all defensive.
tpi said pretty much everything(+more) that I wanted to say I could only add to the fact about 720p video. While my crappy ol' 2.4GHz celeron played it at ~20-21FPS and DID stutter, once I got the 2.6GHz FSB800 Northwood, I could play dem 720p videoz easily at stock
You know what - I think I never tried playing 1080p videos after getting this shiny new 3.4GHz Northwood Though my desktop resolution maxes out at 1600x1200(monitor limitation, though my GPU can't handle full HD either), the performance requirements should still increase dramatically, even with the downscale. I'll try that once I get home from work.
Edited by Hyoketsu - 5/24/11 at 1:23am
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
QX6850 E0 3.60GHz @1.45v Asus P5Q Pro Turbo Gigabyte R6870 OC 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2-1066, 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Lite-On iHAS122 CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit Acer X243H 24" Microsoft SideWinder x4 Chieftec BPS-650C 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Aerocool X-Warrior Black Edition Steelseries Kana Skyrim-pad Asus Xonar DG 
AudioOther
Creative Inspire T3100 PS3 controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium 4 HT Northwood 3.4 @ 3.5GHz ASRock P4i48 Club3D Radeon HD4670 AGP 1GB 2x1GB PQI DDR400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SAMSUNG HD320LJ 320GB SATA Lite-On iHAS122 Scythe Katana 3 Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 32Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster 795mb 17" Microsoft Internet Keyboard Gigabyte GE-R460-V1 460W Caseless 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech RX1000 Generic black mouse pad Onboard Creative Inspire T3100 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
QX6850 E0 3.60GHz @1.45v Asus P5Q Pro Turbo Gigabyte R6870 OC 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2-1066, 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Lite-On iHAS122 CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit Acer X243H 24" Microsoft SideWinder x4 Chieftec BPS-650C 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Aerocool X-Warrior Black Edition Steelseries Kana Skyrim-pad Asus Xonar DG 
AudioOther
Creative Inspire T3100 PS3 controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium 4 HT Northwood 3.4 @ 3.5GHz ASRock P4i48 Club3D Radeon HD4670 AGP 1GB 2x1GB PQI DDR400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SAMSUNG HD320LJ 320GB SATA Lite-On iHAS122 Scythe Katana 3 Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 32Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster 795mb 17" Microsoft Internet Keyboard Gigabyte GE-R460-V1 460W Caseless 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech RX1000 Generic black mouse pad Onboard Creative Inspire T3100 
  hide details  
Reply
post #492 of 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyoketsu View Post
First things first - let's cool down a bit, shall we? No need to get all defensive.
tpi said pretty much everything(+more) that I wanted to say I could only add to the fact about 720p video. While my crappy ol' 2.4GHz celeron played it at ~20-21FPS and DID stutter, once I got the 2.6GHz FSB800 Northwood, I could play dem 720p videoz easily at stock
You know what - I think I never tried playing 1080p videos after getting this shiny new Northwood Though my desktop resolution maxes out at 1600x1200(monitor limitation, though my GPU can't handle full HD either), the performance requirements should still increase dramatically, even with the downscale. I'll try that once I get home from work.
Everything cool here.

Yup you are pretty much right. Even my OC'd cant play 1080p, whatever i do. i downloaded some heavily compressed 1080p mkv movies and they struggled. May be you (likes of me) need a dedicated GPU?

Plus my main question really was that how do you live with that 478 pin style? I never liked them. My first PC had that P4 505 on some Msi mobo.
pron.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Pentium 4 520. Asus P5QPL-AM. 1x2gB Corsair XMS2. 1xWD 320gB IDE. 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
HP 1270i. Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit. LG 710E 17'' CRT Monitor. IBM Kb-0225 Crap! 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Stock Thermalmaster 420w. Cooler Master Elite 334. Razer Abyssus Mirror Special Edition. 3M Precise Mousing Surface. 
  hide details  
Reply
pron.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Pentium 4 520. Asus P5QPL-AM. 1x2gB Corsair XMS2. 1xWD 320gB IDE. 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
HP 1270i. Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit. LG 710E 17'' CRT Monitor. IBM Kb-0225 Crap! 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Stock Thermalmaster 420w. Cooler Master Elite 334. Razer Abyssus Mirror Special Edition. 3M Precise Mousing Surface. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #493 of 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothiq View Post
Everything cool here.

Yup you are pretty much right. Even my OC'd cant play 1080p, whatever i do. i downloaded some heavily compressed 1080p mkv movies and they struggled. May be you (likes of me) need a dedicated GPU?

Plus my main question really was that how do you live with that 478 pin style? I never liked them. My first PC had that P4 505 on some Msi mobo.
I already have a dedicated GPU, though it's crappy. I tried setting the resolution to full HD when I connected my PC to a TV too, but the card didn't properly support it, as in, either not the whole desktop was visible or, if I tried forcing it via the catalyst, there would be "no signal". I haven't tried it with the MS WDDM drivers, though, as I can't simply drag my caseless setup around. I'll check it out once I get a case.

And in regard to s478... You know, I can't really give you a decent answer. You see, even though I have tried some machines that are more modern, I never had enough time to fully learn and start to appreciate their performance. I'm pretty damn sure I'd be blown away if I were to get a quad rig(or heck, even a decent C2D, for that matter), but, as of now, I have nothing to compare against this antique of mine. I only know that my current 3.4GHz/FSB800/512K L2 P4 HT NW has exactly twice the performance of the 2.4GHz/FSB400/128K L2 Celeron that I used for ~5-6 years(if both benched at stock) and that, currently, is all that matters to me
Edited by Hyoketsu - 5/27/11 at 1:25am
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
QX6850 E0 3.60GHz @1.45v Asus P5Q Pro Turbo Gigabyte R6870 OC 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2-1066, 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Lite-On iHAS122 CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit Acer X243H 24" Microsoft SideWinder x4 Chieftec BPS-650C 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Aerocool X-Warrior Black Edition Steelseries Kana Skyrim-pad Asus Xonar DG 
AudioOther
Creative Inspire T3100 PS3 controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium 4 HT Northwood 3.4 @ 3.5GHz ASRock P4i48 Club3D Radeon HD4670 AGP 1GB 2x1GB PQI DDR400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SAMSUNG HD320LJ 320GB SATA Lite-On iHAS122 Scythe Katana 3 Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 32Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster 795mb 17" Microsoft Internet Keyboard Gigabyte GE-R460-V1 460W Caseless 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech RX1000 Generic black mouse pad Onboard Creative Inspire T3100 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
QX6850 E0 3.60GHz @1.45v Asus P5Q Pro Turbo Gigabyte R6870 OC 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2-1066, 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Lite-On iHAS122 CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit Acer X243H 24" Microsoft SideWinder x4 Chieftec BPS-650C 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Aerocool X-Warrior Black Edition Steelseries Kana Skyrim-pad Asus Xonar DG 
AudioOther
Creative Inspire T3100 PS3 controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium 4 HT Northwood 3.4 @ 3.5GHz ASRock P4i48 Club3D Radeon HD4670 AGP 1GB 2x1GB PQI DDR400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SAMSUNG HD320LJ 320GB SATA Lite-On iHAS122 Scythe Katana 3 Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 32Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster 795mb 17" Microsoft Internet Keyboard Gigabyte GE-R460-V1 460W Caseless 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech RX1000 Generic black mouse pad Onboard Creative Inspire T3100 
  hide details  
Reply
post #494 of 761
Thanks Hyoketsu, but this guy is posting inaccurate info which I must correct:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothiq View Post
First i dont care what others do. I Filled it appropriately. Its your job to check my system specs. I cant spoon feed you everything. I did check his before bickering. and that's why i asked him, not you.
No you didn't. You did it formally right, but in practice almost nobody goes checking the individual pages of each poster's system specs. Live with reality man! People want a fast assessment of what a poster's PC is like. That is why people post CPU, RAM and GPU overclocks right on their rigs main specs.

Just check with what the overwhelming majority of people here, including Mods, do. I'm not going to be clicking every poster's system specs just to confirm if he is really running stock or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothiq View Post
I knew you would bring this pipeline topic ahead. Throw any synthetic benchmark, atleast i will pass it with more points than his Northwood setup. As i said 'Overall''. Its not my headache if you misinterpret words and their meanings. God gave us all brain.
Syntehtic benchmarks are... syntehtic! They don't give you the real picture. But even if you want to compare synthetic benchmarks, you're comparing two different platforms. You're on 775, he's on 478. If you had a 478 socket based Prescott, you'd be comparing apples to apples. As it is you'd be comparing apples to oranges.

An no, you said, and I quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothiq View Post
But just for fun , my processor is faster than yours isn't it? Overall?
You said "processor", you know there are tests specifically made to test a CPU's performance, right ? Some test integer performance, others FPU, etc. Other tests assess the SYSTEM overall, others test memory bandwidth, etc.

So, if you don't know what you are talking about and phrase things the wrong way, it's your problem.

And keep the "God gave us all brain." implied insult to yourself. That it totally uncalled for, for various reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothiq View Post
Now all the history you just wrote, well i know it. I never said Prescott's were kings. Lol, i am not that naive. I was talking in general and also atleast in my country everyone used to love Prescott's even if they had long pipelines which never matter in real life. Plus compare the Price/performance. Here Prescott's win in my country.
When they were released, the Prescotts were the same price as the Northwoods and offered similar performance, so they didn't win at all, given they used much more energy and put out a lot more heat. If you want to make a point based on the prices in your country, that's another story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothiq View Post
And you are wrong about Gallatin. Sorry if you go check some killer overclockings, they will either be on Prescott's 2M or Cedar Mill based. No Northwood and Gallatin... Gallatin is just paper good.

Again ? I didn't say anything about the Northwoods / Gallatins being good overclockers. In fact I said quite the opposite. Read what I wrote. Again.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothiq View Post
And about what i told you about my other P4, that was just info/example. nothing fitting to this convo. So rant maybe to you, but its info to others.
So rant it is. Because it was not related to what you were arguing. If you wanted to make a separate post with that info, fine. Right at the beginning of an argument you were trying to build, it's just an unrelated rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothiq View Post
In the end all i will say is you are blunt. You dont read properly before judging to conclusions and have guts to blame others. Never said that my stock will be comparable to his 3.4 HT. Even my OC'd isn't even comparable.

You are to blame. You behave in a different manner to everybody else, which is a very reasonable manner by the way, and expect people to go clicking on your system profile to see if you have your system overclocked.

I'm sorry, but you shouldn't even dare to insult people when the fault is on you alone.

And now you say your OC'ed isn't even comparable to his P4 3.4 ? Are you just trolling now ? You started this whole argument because you disagreed with what I was saying and now you say this ?

Or do you mean - the CPU at stock is not comparable because it is slower, and even the OC'ed CPU isn't comparable BUT for the exact opposite reason, in that it is faster. Is this what you mean ? Because if it is, let me tell you, you don't know how to phrase arguments.
Edited by tpi2007 - 5/24/11 at 7:14am
 
Metro 2033 review
Metro 2033
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-3820 Asus Sabertooth X79 MSI GTX 750 Ti TF Gaming 16 GB Corsair DDR3 1866 Mhz Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD 830 128GB + WD Caviar Black 1TB Sony Optiarc DVD-RW Corsair A70 + Noiseblocker M12-P Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ RL2455HM Cooler Master Octane Corsair AX750 Professional Modular 80 Plus Gold Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus 
Mouse
Cooler Master Octane 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Metro 2033 review
Metro 2033
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-3820 Asus Sabertooth X79 MSI GTX 750 Ti TF Gaming 16 GB Corsair DDR3 1866 Mhz Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD 830 128GB + WD Caviar Black 1TB Sony Optiarc DVD-RW Corsair A70 + Noiseblocker M12-P Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ RL2455HM Cooler Master Octane Corsair AX750 Professional Modular 80 Plus Gold Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus 
Mouse
Cooler Master Octane 
  hide details  
Reply
post #495 of 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post
Thanks Hyoketsu, but this guy is posting inaccurate info which I must correct:



No you didn't. You did it formally right, but in practice almost nobody goes checking the individual pages of each poster's system specs. Live with reality man! People want a fast assessment of what a poster's PC is like. That is why people post CPU, RAM and GPU overclocks right on their rigs main specs.

Just check with what the overwhelming majority of people here, including Mods, do. I'm not going to be clicking every poster's system specs just to confirm if he is really running stock or not.



Syntehtic benchmarks are... syntehtic! They don't give you the real picture. But even if you want to compare synthetic benchmarks, you're comparing two different platforms. You're on 775, he's on 478. If you had a 478 socket based Prescott, you'd be comparing apples to apples. As it is you'd be comparing apples to oranges.

An no, you said, and I quote



You said "processor", you know there are tests specifically made to test a CPU's performance, right ? Some test integer performance, others FPU, etc. Other tests assess the SYSTEM overall, others test memory bandwidth, etc.

So, if you don't know what you are talking about and phrase things the wrong way, it's your problem.

And keep the "God gave us all brain." implied insult to yourself. That it totally uncalled for, for various reasons.



When they were released, the Prescotts were the same price as the Northwoods and offered similar performance, so they didn't win at all, given they used much more energy and put out a lot more heat. If you want to make a point based on the prices in your country, that's another story.




Again ? I didn't say anything about the Northwoods / Gallatins being good overclockers. In fact I said quite the opposite. Read what I wrote. Again.




So rant it is. Because it was not related to what you were arguing. If you wanted to make a separate post with that info, fine. Right at the beginning of an argument you were trying to build, it's just an unrelated rant.




You are to blame. You behave in a different manner to everybody else, which is a very reasonable manner by the way, and expect people to go clicking on your system profile to see if you have your system overclocked.

I'm sorry, but you shouldn't even dare to insult people when the fault is on you alone.

And now you say your OC'ed isn't even comparable to his P4 3.4 ? Are you just trolling now ? You started this whole argument because you disagreed with what I was saying and now you say this ?

Or do you mean - the CPU at stock is not comparable because it is slower, and even the OC'ed CPU isn't comparable BUT for the exact opposite reason, in that it is faster. Is this what you mean ? Because if it is, let me tell you, you don't know how to phrase arguments.


pron.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Pentium 4 520. Asus P5QPL-AM. 1x2gB Corsair XMS2. 1xWD 320gB IDE. 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
HP 1270i. Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit. LG 710E 17'' CRT Monitor. IBM Kb-0225 Crap! 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Stock Thermalmaster 420w. Cooler Master Elite 334. Razer Abyssus Mirror Special Edition. 3M Precise Mousing Surface. 
  hide details  
Reply
pron.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Pentium 4 520. Asus P5QPL-AM. 1x2gB Corsair XMS2. 1xWD 320gB IDE. 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
HP 1270i. Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit. LG 710E 17'' CRT Monitor. IBM Kb-0225 Crap! 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Stock Thermalmaster 420w. Cooler Master Elite 334. Razer Abyssus Mirror Special Edition. 3M Precise Mousing Surface. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #496 of 761
Aaaaaaand let's stop right there. Trolling never managed to solve an argument and it never will. Let's not threadcrap in this awesome club, shall we? All of this spiraled out of proportion just because of a couple of misunderstandings, 's all. We'll just have to settle the s478 NW vs. PT war once someone with a 3.4GHz pressy joins... Or one of us gets one
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
QX6850 E0 3.60GHz @1.45v Asus P5Q Pro Turbo Gigabyte R6870 OC 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2-1066, 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Lite-On iHAS122 CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit Acer X243H 24" Microsoft SideWinder x4 Chieftec BPS-650C 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Aerocool X-Warrior Black Edition Steelseries Kana Skyrim-pad Asus Xonar DG 
AudioOther
Creative Inspire T3100 PS3 controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium 4 HT Northwood 3.4 @ 3.5GHz ASRock P4i48 Club3D Radeon HD4670 AGP 1GB 2x1GB PQI DDR400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SAMSUNG HD320LJ 320GB SATA Lite-On iHAS122 Scythe Katana 3 Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 32Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster 795mb 17" Microsoft Internet Keyboard Gigabyte GE-R460-V1 460W Caseless 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech RX1000 Generic black mouse pad Onboard Creative Inspire T3100 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
QX6850 E0 3.60GHz @1.45v Asus P5Q Pro Turbo Gigabyte R6870 OC 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2-1066, 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Lite-On iHAS122 CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit Acer X243H 24" Microsoft SideWinder x4 Chieftec BPS-650C 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Aerocool X-Warrior Black Edition Steelseries Kana Skyrim-pad Asus Xonar DG 
AudioOther
Creative Inspire T3100 PS3 controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium 4 HT Northwood 3.4 @ 3.5GHz ASRock P4i48 Club3D Radeon HD4670 AGP 1GB 2x1GB PQI DDR400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SAMSUNG HD320LJ 320GB SATA Lite-On iHAS122 Scythe Katana 3 Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 32Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster 795mb 17" Microsoft Internet Keyboard Gigabyte GE-R460-V1 460W Caseless 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech RX1000 Generic black mouse pad Onboard Creative Inspire T3100 
  hide details  
Reply
post #497 of 761
bought more agp cards hd3650 512mb and .....................
hd4650 256mb ddr3(need some oven cure)

off topic
maybe i will start amd s462 to see is there is anyone still using xp 3200+
i have athlon xp 2600+ batron ans asrock k7s8xe
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium 4 2.4ghz 512kb 400mhz d510 epc motherboard intel extreme graphics 2gb ddr 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
40gb ide slim drive dvdrw stock Windows Embedded POSReady 2009  
KeyboardCaseMouseAudio
mitsai usb evo d510 epc genius usb sound max 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
POWERPC G4 800MHZ DUAL (7450) L3 CACHE NOT WORKING QUICKSILVER LOGIC BOARD MSI GEFORCE 4 TI 4600 128MB AGP (mac bios)  1.5GB sdram pc133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
Seagate 120gb ide 7200rpm superdrive mac osx 10.4.11 PRO KEYBOARD 
CaseAudio
powermac g4 quicksilver series ONBOARD 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium 4 2.4ghz 512kb 400mhz d510 epc motherboard intel extreme graphics 2gb ddr 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
40gb ide slim drive dvdrw stock Windows Embedded POSReady 2009  
KeyboardCaseMouseAudio
mitsai usb evo d510 epc genius usb sound max 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
POWERPC G4 800MHZ DUAL (7450) L3 CACHE NOT WORKING QUICKSILVER LOGIC BOARD MSI GEFORCE 4 TI 4600 128MB AGP (mac bios)  1.5GB sdram pc133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
Seagate 120gb ide 7200rpm superdrive mac osx 10.4.11 PRO KEYBOARD 
CaseAudio
powermac g4 quicksilver series ONBOARD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #498 of 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by blooder11181 View Post
bought more agp cards hd3650 512mb and .....................
hd4650 256mb ddr3(need some oven cure)

off topic
maybe i will start amd s462 to see is there is anyone still using xp 3200+
i have athlon xp 2600+ batron ans asrock k7s8xe
Hmm nice! But... are there HD4650 cards with just 256mb, and of DDR3 ?

I thought there were HD4650 with 512 or 1GB of GDDR2 or GDDR3.

Actually, building an Athlon XP 3200+ (or if you can get anything a little faster, like a 3400+) would be a nice idea to have a comparison point with the Intels nowadays.
 
Metro 2033 review
Metro 2033
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-3820 Asus Sabertooth X79 MSI GTX 750 Ti TF Gaming 16 GB Corsair DDR3 1866 Mhz Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD 830 128GB + WD Caviar Black 1TB Sony Optiarc DVD-RW Corsair A70 + Noiseblocker M12-P Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ RL2455HM Cooler Master Octane Corsair AX750 Professional Modular 80 Plus Gold Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus 
Mouse
Cooler Master Octane 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Metro 2033 review
Metro 2033
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-3820 Asus Sabertooth X79 MSI GTX 750 Ti TF Gaming 16 GB Corsair DDR3 1866 Mhz Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD 830 128GB + WD Caviar Black 1TB Sony Optiarc DVD-RW Corsair A70 + Noiseblocker M12-P Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ RL2455HM Cooler Master Octane Corsair AX750 Professional Modular 80 Plus Gold Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus 
Mouse
Cooler Master Octane 
  hide details  
Reply
post #499 of 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyoketsu View Post
Aaaaaaand let's stop right there. Trolling never managed to solve an argument and it never will. Let's not threadcrap in this awesome club, shall we? All of this spiraled out of proportion just because of a couple of misunderstandings, 's all. We'll just have to settle the s478 NW vs. PT war once someone with a 3.4GHz pressy joins... Or one of us gets one

Ok, let's move on with this great club!

That would be interesting. I will probably buy a 3.4 Prescott (given it's not too expensive), once I get my case ready with good ventilation!
 
Metro 2033 review
Metro 2033
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-3820 Asus Sabertooth X79 MSI GTX 750 Ti TF Gaming 16 GB Corsair DDR3 1866 Mhz Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD 830 128GB + WD Caviar Black 1TB Sony Optiarc DVD-RW Corsair A70 + Noiseblocker M12-P Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ RL2455HM Cooler Master Octane Corsair AX750 Professional Modular 80 Plus Gold Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus 
Mouse
Cooler Master Octane 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Metro 2033 review
Metro 2033
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-3820 Asus Sabertooth X79 MSI GTX 750 Ti TF Gaming 16 GB Corsair DDR3 1866 Mhz Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD 830 128GB + WD Caviar Black 1TB Sony Optiarc DVD-RW Corsair A70 + Noiseblocker M12-P Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ RL2455HM Cooler Master Octane Corsair AX750 Professional Modular 80 Plus Gold Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus 
Mouse
Cooler Master Octane 
  hide details  
Reply
post #500 of 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post
Hmm nice! But... are there HD4650 cards with just 256mb, and of DDR3 ?

I thought there were HD4650 with 512 or 1GB of GDDR2 or GDDR3.
Correct. The DDR2 version is 512, the DDR3 is 1gb.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Intel Pentium 4/D & Celeron/D owner's Thread