Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] Geforce GTX 460 Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Geforce GTX 460 Club - Page 388

post #3871 of 4095
Quote:
Originally Posted by mironccr345 View Post

Can I ask why you would want a 460 when you have a 560?
He said he's considering buying a lower-end card and selling his current one, so presumably to save money. It doesn't really make sense going from a 560 Ti to a 460, though, because you're not going to save enough cash for it to be worth it.
post #3872 of 4095

Update tongue.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
post #3873 of 4095
Picked up a MSI 460 twin frozr for my micro atx board. Ill take some pics later.

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/dfb9g/
Edited by ranviper - 5/4/13 at 8:42pm
post #3874 of 4095
Has any one tryed to unlock the memory controller for the 768mb cards it would make them that much faster..................... thumb.gifsonic.gifwheee.gif
post #3875 of 4095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saymannater View Post

Has any one tryed to unlock the memory controller for the 768mb cards it would make them that much faster..................... thumb.gifsonic.gifwheee.gif
Is that possible? It's certainly not possible to "unlock" a 768MB card to a 1GB as they physically don't have as many memory chips.
post #3876 of 4095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis View Post

Is that possible? It's certainly not possible to "unlock" a 768MB card to a 1GB as they physically don't have as many memory chips.
im not shure has any one ever tryed it tongue.gif it seems as if it would work biggrin.gif just by flashing the bios from the 1gb card to the 768mb card thumb.gif
post #3877 of 4095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saymannater View Post

im not shure has any one ever tryed it tongue.gif it seems as if it would work biggrin.gif just by flashing the bios from the 1gb card to the 768mb card thumb.gif
Nah that's not going to work. Can't magic memory chips out of nowhere just by flashing a BIOS, unfortunately.

Your best bet to improve performance is simply overclocking biggrin.gif
post #3878 of 4095


Sparkle 460 mild OC 700 /900/1400, Here's a screenshot, All stock clocks for the Sparkle, I'll be clocking this 460 some soon to see where it will go,
I just scored a great deal on a GIGABYTE GTX 560 GV-N560OC-1GI for $75- it's a manufacture refurb W/90 day warranty

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3707#ov

As long as I have a back up card I aint scared.And yes I'm keeping the ever so faithful FOUR SIX ZERO.
PaPaBlista

(º¿º)
Edited by PaPaBlista - 5/7/13 at 8:13pm
Viper
(16 items)
 
Blu-Lite Special
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel I5 6600K  MSI Krait Gaming 3X Z170A Kingston Hyper X Savage DDR4  Sandisk X400 M.2 512gb,  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD 1TB black,  WD 2TB green Cooler Master 212 Evo Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
32 inch Vizio TV 1920 x 1080 27 inch ASUS IPS Razer Death stalker Rosewill Hive 750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Rosewill  Razer Deathadder Razer  On board Realtek w/ Creative 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 945 M2N32-SLI DELUXE Wi-Fi MSI N670 Power Edition 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 670 ... OCZ Platinum 2gb x4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD 1TB WD 2TB Green Hitachi 500GB LG DVD/RW 24X 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo  Win 7 64bit ViewSonic 24" Monitor @ 1680 x 1050 JVC 32" TV 1920 x 1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Deathstalker Rosewill Hive 650 Watt semi modular  Rosewill Blackhawk Razer Deathadder 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Speed Edition-Medium  Onboard w/ Creative 5.1 Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
Viper
(16 items)
 
Blu-Lite Special
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel I5 6600K  MSI Krait Gaming 3X Z170A Kingston Hyper X Savage DDR4  Sandisk X400 M.2 512gb,  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD 1TB black,  WD 2TB green Cooler Master 212 Evo Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
32 inch Vizio TV 1920 x 1080 27 inch ASUS IPS Razer Death stalker Rosewill Hive 750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Rosewill  Razer Deathadder Razer  On board Realtek w/ Creative 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 945 M2N32-SLI DELUXE Wi-Fi MSI N670 Power Edition 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 670 ... OCZ Platinum 2gb x4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD 1TB WD 2TB Green Hitachi 500GB LG DVD/RW 24X 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo  Win 7 64bit ViewSonic 24" Monitor @ 1680 x 1050 JVC 32" TV 1920 x 1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Deathstalker Rosewill Hive 650 Watt semi modular  Rosewill Blackhawk Razer Deathadder 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Speed Edition-Medium  Onboard w/ Creative 5.1 Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3879 of 4095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis View Post

Nah that's not going to work. Can't magic memory chips out of nowhere just by flashing a BIOS, unfortunately.

Your best bet to improve performance is simply overclocking biggrin.gif
ok so i did alot looking around to see if any one had did what i said and well i have seen no one try but i did alot of looking at the card and i know a good amount of pc related info..... and i dont know why i even asked the question seeing as how the bus controler is dicertly tied to how many physicly ram chips there are so even if i were to flash the bios it is the same..... i did it and it did nothing for me except for make me reinstall the drivers tongue.gif but it did however unlock the voltage and the fan speed can now be adj above 70% in after burner biggrin.gifthumb.gif
post #3880 of 4095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saymannater View Post

ok so i did alot looking around to see if any one had did what i said and well i have seen no one try but i did alot of looking at the card and i know a good amount of pc related info..... and i dont know why i even asked the question seeing as how the bus controler is dicertly tied to how many physicly ram chips there are so even if i were to flash the bios it is the same..... i did it and it did nothing for me except for make me reinstall the drivers tongue.gif but it did however unlock the voltage and the fan speed can now be adj above 70% in after burner biggrin.gifthumb.gif
Yeah you might unlock features like that, though you could always edit your original BIOS if you just want to use a higher voltage or fan speed.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] Geforce GTX 460 Club