Originally Posted by VeteranD13
Hmm yes I have, I had it Folding for a while and left it on my bed for maybe an hour or so when I came back to check, the laptop had shut down and I could smell a faint burning odor,I figured it was just normal overheating precautions.
well theres your problem, you probably burnt the sensor, the fan wasnt able to get any air and it probably short circuited the sensor would be my guess. I cant speak for HP but i had a 17in Dell Inspiron E1705 and that thing was literally indestructable, i had gotten a new computer and wanted to test its durability, so i put up a benchmark and put it under bed sheets, it got unbelievably hot but still didnt shut down, i had to manually power it off. After it cooled down it worked perfectly again, so then i went a bit more extreme, and i stuck my motherboard in the microwave, there was some popping and sizzling but even that didnt break it, because i stuck it back in my computer, powered it on and wouldnt ya know it, it worked perfectly. Dell makes indestructable computers, will always love them for that.