Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Asus P5QL-CM software overclocking?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asus P5QL-CM software overclocking?

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
I have a Asus P5QL-CM

It has the RTM 870T-954 clock generator. It is not supported by SetFSB... I have my motherboard set up with a Q9400 which I have overclocked to 3.6GHz on my Gigabyte GA-P35 DS3R motherboard. However, my Asus P5QL-CM will not post at anything over 361MHz FSB. Have tried everything... I bet a software overclocking prog would do the trick...

Any ideas? Asus AI Suite does not work with this motherboard... Any other programs I could use?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican9 View Post
I have a Asus P5QL-CM

It has the RTM 870T-954 clock generator. It is not supported by SetFSB... I have my motherboard set up with a Q9400 which I have overclocked to 3.6GHz on my Gigabyte GA-P35 DS3R motherboard. However, my Asus P5QL-CM will not post at anything over 361MHz FSB. Have tried everything... I bet a software overclocking prog would do the trick...

Any ideas? Asus AI Suite does not work with this motherboard... Any other programs I could use?
Even if you manage to go beyond that 361MHz mark with SetFSB it will not be stable and practical..

It's good for Validation purposes only,and some benches (if it doesn't crash)..

Try out PLL's from P5QL-Pro (P43) or other P5Q (P45) mobos as my Pro worked well with PLL for Deluxe,E models even if It has it's very own PLL..

Just try them and see if some of them work out for you..

CHEERS..
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6750 G0 @ 3.3GHz (1.25V LOAD) Asus P5KPL-VM G31 GeForce 8500GT @ 700/1600/445 Apacer 2x1GB 800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi Deskstar 160GB (7200,8MB) LG DVD Win 7 Ultimate 64bit build 7601 LG 19" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
5$ keyboard Cheap stuff Linkworld crappy/modded SmartBox cheap 
Mouse Pad
N/A 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6750 G0 @ 3.3GHz (1.25V LOAD) Asus P5KPL-VM G31 GeForce 8500GT @ 700/1600/445 Apacer 2x1GB 800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi Deskstar 160GB (7200,8MB) LG DVD Win 7 Ultimate 64bit build 7601 LG 19" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
5$ keyboard Cheap stuff Linkworld crappy/modded SmartBox cheap 
Mouse Pad
N/A 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingT View Post
Even if you manage to go beyond that 361MHz mark with SetFSB it will not be stable and practical..

It's good for Validation purposes only,and some benches (if it doesn't crash)..

Try out PLL's from P5QL-Pro (P43) or other P5Q (P45) mobos as my Pro worked well with PLL for Deluxe,E models even if It has it's very own PLL..

Just try them and see if some of them work out for you..

CHEERS..
How can you say it will not be stable? As I've said, it will not post at anything past 361MHz FSB. However, rock solid at 361MHz. So this is clearly a bios bug. And software overclocking would probably do the trick.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 13
Thread Starter 
And what PLL? Clock gen? If so, the clock gen must match. P5QL-CM's clockgen is not supported by SetFSB. So other clockgens could work?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican9 View Post
And what PLL? Clock gen? If so, the clock gen must match. P5QL-CM's clockgen is not supported by SetFSB. So other clockgens could work?
Yes they could work..

On official SetFSB page there's no PLL for P5Q Pro so I have used PLL for Deluxe/E models and it worked..

However on OCN's SetFSB thread there's completly diff PLL for Pro which also works..

So try out PLL's for other Asus mobos as there's possibility that some of them works out for you..

And I have Asus P5KPL-VM (G31) and it has also FSB limitation but at 411MHz and it's ROCK SOLID..

Beyond that even 412MHz motherboard would POST but wouldn't detect HDD's so yeah it's like a BIOS hard lock limitation..

CHEERS..
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6750 G0 @ 3.3GHz (1.25V LOAD) Asus P5KPL-VM G31 GeForce 8500GT @ 700/1600/445 Apacer 2x1GB 800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi Deskstar 160GB (7200,8MB) LG DVD Win 7 Ultimate 64bit build 7601 LG 19" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
5$ keyboard Cheap stuff Linkworld crappy/modded SmartBox cheap 
Mouse Pad
N/A 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6750 G0 @ 3.3GHz (1.25V LOAD) Asus P5KPL-VM G31 GeForce 8500GT @ 700/1600/445 Apacer 2x1GB 800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi Deskstar 160GB (7200,8MB) LG DVD Win 7 Ultimate 64bit build 7601 LG 19" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
5$ keyboard Cheap stuff Linkworld crappy/modded SmartBox cheap 
Mouse Pad
N/A 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 13
Thread Starter 
Have just finished rebuilding of my old secondary PC. Back to full tower Antec Three Hundred, 8GB RAM, Gigabyte GA-P35 DS3R motherboard and overclocking up to 3.6GHz. Packed away that Asus P5QL-CM and that XFX Limited Edition M-ATX case. And I do not regret doing so! What a ****ty motherboard, and that case was just ugly. Used it many years ago, but don't find it cool anymore.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican9 View Post
Have just finished rebuilding of my old secondary PC. Back to full tower Antec Three Hundred, 8GB RAM, Gigabyte GA-P35 DS3R motherboard and overclocking up to 3.6GHz. Packed away that Asus P5QL-CM and that XFX Limited Edition M-ATX case. And I do not regret doing so! What a ****ty motherboard, and that case was just ugly. Used it many years ago, but don't find it cool anymore.
I was thinkin the same thing but didn't say anything as I didn't want to hurt your feelings...

Now I have OC'd my GTX @ 830/1025 w/ 1063mV and I'm getting around 90C (most of the time hovers @ 87C) in Crysis game..

So what do you think about that temp..?
To me it sounds appropriate for this card..

Also I'm rock solid in Furmark 20 min Extreme burn mode but hits 100C max..

In Crysis CPU bench I get 50FPS avg which is nice as my OC'd HD4850 hit 30FPS with the same settings..(CPU benchmark is more intense than GPU bench becouse of explosions and action)

It seems that built in GPU bench is a bit shady and that's why I had such a poor upgrade FPS diff..

Also in actual game 50FPS is avg and smooth as butter @ 1280 x 1024,Very high 2xAA..

CHEERS..
Edited by KingT - 1/29/11 at 11:39am
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6750 G0 @ 3.3GHz (1.25V LOAD) Asus P5KPL-VM G31 GeForce 8500GT @ 700/1600/445 Apacer 2x1GB 800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi Deskstar 160GB (7200,8MB) LG DVD Win 7 Ultimate 64bit build 7601 LG 19" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
5$ keyboard Cheap stuff Linkworld crappy/modded SmartBox cheap 
Mouse Pad
N/A 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6750 G0 @ 3.3GHz (1.25V LOAD) Asus P5KPL-VM G31 GeForce 8500GT @ 700/1600/445 Apacer 2x1GB 800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi Deskstar 160GB (7200,8MB) LG DVD Win 7 Ultimate 64bit build 7601 LG 19" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
5$ keyboard Cheap stuff Linkworld crappy/modded SmartBox cheap 
Mouse Pad
N/A 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingT View Post
I was thinkin the same thing but didn't say anything as I didn't want to hurt your feelings...

Now I have OC'd my GTX @ 830/1025 w/ 1063mV and I'm getting around 90C (most of the time hovers @ 87C) in Crysis game..

So what do you think about that temp..?
To me it sounds appropriate for this card..

Also I'm rock solid in Furmark 20 min Extreme burn mode but hits 100C max..

In Crysis CPU bench I get 50FPS avg which is nice as my OC'd HD4850 hit 30FPS with the same settings..(CPU benchmark is more intense than GPU bench becouse of explosions and action)

It seems that built in GPU bench is a bit shady and that's why I had such a poor upgrade FPS diff..

Also in actual game 50FPS is avg and smooth as butter @ 1280 x 1024,Very high 2xAA..

CHEERS..
Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking when changing my secondary PC and build into that ugly case. And ended up with half the mem, due to only two mem slots on that retarded motherboard and almost no overclocking. I must have been drunk when doing this

Use MSI Afterburner and make a better fan profile. However, 90C is pretty normal for a GTX 480. I would have changed fan settings anyway.

Stay away from Furmark, it has a reputation for destroying graphics cards. Use OCCT GPU test for stability testing. I find it very good. However, games like Crysis can be stable at a certain overclock even if OCCT GPU test shows errors. Only goes to show how well OCCT test works...
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 13
Thread Starter 
Also I fear that when the day comes for you to get a bigger screen your previous stable overclocks will not be stable one those higher resolutions.

So if and when that day comes, be sure to retest your overclocks
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K@4.5GHz Asus P8P67 Pro 3.0 (B3) EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600-9-9-9-24-2t-1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M500 240GB SSD for OS, 2x256GB M4's Raid0 for ... Generic Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Asus VK266H 
PowerCase
Corsair RM 750x Cooler Master Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican9 View Post
Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking when changing my secondary PC and build into that ugly case. And ended up with half the mem, due to only two mem slots on that retarded motherboard and almost no overclocking. I must have been drunk when doing this

Use MSI Afterburner and make a better fan profile. However, 90C is pretty normal for a GTX 480. I would have changed fan settings anyway.

Stay away from Furmark, it has a reputation for destroying graphics cards. Use OCCT GPU test for stability testing. I find it very good. However, games like Crysis can be stable at a certain overclock even if OCCT GPU test shows errors. Only goes to show how well OCCT test works...
Yeah I have used OCCT in the past with my HD4850 and even it displayed errors I (maybe 30 errors in 20 min) I was perfectly stable in every game..

Today I was even stable in 30 runs Crysis GPU bench but driver crashed in Furmark,so I backed down OC to 830MHz,tested again for 20min and it has passed..

In Crysis at 85 - 90C fan ramps up to 62% so maybe if I change profile to like 75% at that temp it would drop temps a bit..

CHEERS..
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6750 G0 @ 3.3GHz (1.25V LOAD) Asus P5KPL-VM G31 GeForce 8500GT @ 700/1600/445 Apacer 2x1GB 800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi Deskstar 160GB (7200,8MB) LG DVD Win 7 Ultimate 64bit build 7601 LG 19" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
5$ keyboard Cheap stuff Linkworld crappy/modded SmartBox cheap 
Mouse Pad
N/A 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6750 G0 @ 3.3GHz (1.25V LOAD) Asus P5KPL-VM G31 GeForce 8500GT @ 700/1600/445 Apacer 2x1GB 800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi Deskstar 160GB (7200,8MB) LG DVD Win 7 Ultimate 64bit build 7601 LG 19" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
5$ keyboard Cheap stuff Linkworld crappy/modded SmartBox cheap 
Mouse Pad
N/A 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Asus P5QL-CM software overclocking?