Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › 600€ - AMD Build
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

600€ - AMD Build

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
Hi,

I'm building an AMD rig for a friend, it's for home but he told me his son wants to play on it. 600€ budget from this store.

I have no clue about the best mid-tower case there, but the build looks like this:

49€ - SilverStone Precision PS02B Black
79€ - Corsair Gaming Series GS600
89€ - Asus M4A87TD AMD 870+SB850 Socket AM3
100€ - AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus
126€ - Gigabyte GeForce GTS 450 OC 1GB GDDR5
41€ - Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB
46€ - G.Skill 2x2GB DDR3-1600 F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
19€ - SonyNEC 24X SATA DVD Burner

Total: 549€ + Shipping

Is that ok? can he get more for the money? maybe going intel (i3)?

Can only buy from that store, should I change something?

Thank you very much !
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Chimera View Post
Hi,

I'm building an AMD rig for a friend, it's for home but he told me his son wants to play on it. 600€ budget from this store.

I have no clue about the best mid-tower case there, but the build looks like this:

49€ - SilverStone Precision PS02B Black
79€ - Corsair Gaming Series GS600
89€ - Asus M4A87TD AMD 870+SB850 Socket AM3
100€ - AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus
126€ - Gigabyte GeForce GTS 450 OC 1GB GDDR5
41€ - Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB
46€ - G.Skill 2x2GB DDR3-1600 F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
19€ - SonyNEC 24X SATA DVD Burner

Total: 549€ + Shipping

Is that ok? can he get more for the money? maybe going intel (i3)?

Can only buy from that store, should I change something?

Thank you very much !
Stay with a cheaper case,look for combos,and try to get a Phenom II X4 in there if you can.If not an X3 or X2 Phenom II,or the Athlon II X4 will be fine.Even a dual-core Athlon will be sufficient for the GTS 450.Also think about a CPU cooler if you plan on overclocking.
Amelia
(13 items)
 
Professional
(13 items)
 
RCPC#1
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1100t MSI 890FX GD65 MSI Radeon HD5670 GSkill RipjawsX DDR3 PC3 12800 2x4GB CL8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Black 1TB SATA III Samsung BD Zalman 9900MAX Windows 7 64 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC 22" LED Logitech Kingwin Lazer Platinum 500w Fractal Design R3 
Other
Samsung 470 SSD 128GB 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 960T Asus M4A88T-VEVO Asus Strix R7 370 SuperTalent Perfomance 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
GSkill Snipers Monster Daytona Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7,200 RPM 16Mb cache Memorex DVD/RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H60 Windows 8N IBM 9494 19" LCD IBM 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair GS500 In Win H-Frame Wolfking OCZ Behemoth 
Audio
JBL Creature 
  hide details  
Reply
Amelia
(13 items)
 
Professional
(13 items)
 
RCPC#1
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1100t MSI 890FX GD65 MSI Radeon HD5670 GSkill RipjawsX DDR3 PC3 12800 2x4GB CL8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Black 1TB SATA III Samsung BD Zalman 9900MAX Windows 7 64 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC 22" LED Logitech Kingwin Lazer Platinum 500w Fractal Design R3 
Other
Samsung 470 SSD 128GB 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 960T Asus M4A88T-VEVO Asus Strix R7 370 SuperTalent Perfomance 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
GSkill Snipers Monster Daytona Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7,200 RPM 16Mb cache Memorex DVD/RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H60 Windows 8N IBM 9494 19" LCD IBM 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair GS500 In Win H-Frame Wolfking OCZ Behemoth 
Audio
JBL Creature 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 6
Downgrade the power supply to This Seasonic 500W to save a few Euro as its just redudntant power on this Rig.

And with the money saved up the Graphics card from that to the MSI Cyclone GTX460 1GB.

It will be alot better than a GTS 450 for games.
Earl
(28 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
1055T Asus crosshair IV Asus 6870 Sapphire 6870 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator GT 8GB (1 spare 2GB stick) Corsair Neutron 120GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 Samsung Spinpoint F4 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung USB slimline EK supreme HF XSPC RS 360 XSPC X20 750 Dual Bay Res 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
6x GT AP-15's bits and bobs Windows 8 Pro x64 Ubuntu 11.10 X64 (MSGE) 
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
Hanns G 24" 1920x1080 Dell 17" 1280x1024 32" Sony Bravia Asus P1 Pico projector 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch Ninja Mx Browns ISO UK, Ducky ... OCZ fatality 1000 Coolermaster HAF X Microsoft sidewinder X8 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Enjoi custom Sennheiser HD 205's Asus Xonar DX PCI-E Xbox 360 Game pad for windows 
  hide details  
Reply
Earl
(28 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
1055T Asus crosshair IV Asus 6870 Sapphire 6870 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator GT 8GB (1 spare 2GB stick) Corsair Neutron 120GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 Samsung Spinpoint F4 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung USB slimline EK supreme HF XSPC RS 360 XSPC X20 750 Dual Bay Res 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
6x GT AP-15's bits and bobs Windows 8 Pro x64 Ubuntu 11.10 X64 (MSGE) 
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
Hanns G 24" 1920x1080 Dell 17" 1280x1024 32" Sony Bravia Asus P1 Pico projector 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch Ninja Mx Browns ISO UK, Ducky ... OCZ fatality 1000 Coolermaster HAF X Microsoft sidewinder X8 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Enjoi custom Sennheiser HD 205's Asus Xonar DX PCI-E Xbox 360 Game pad for windows 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwoodz View Post
Stay with a cheaper case,look for combos,and try to get a Phenom II X4 in there if you can.If not an X3 or X2 Phenom II,or the Athlon II X4 will be fine.Even a dual-core Athlon will be sufficient for the GTS 450.Also think about a CPU cooler if you plan on overclocking.
Couldn't find a cheaper case, all the other looks like 100% plastic. Can only buy from the given online store, so no newegg combos, and he will never overclock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammo2k5 View Post
Downgrade the power supply to This Seasonic 500W to save a few Euro as its just redudntant power on this Rig.

And with the money saved up the Graphics card from that to the MSI Cyclone GTX460 1GB.

It will be alot better than a GTS 450 for games.
I'll get that PSU and upgrade to a 460, thanks for the advice.

I'm still not sure about the case, and I'm thinking of going mATX instead...I don't know lol...help? Is the Thermaltake V3 Black Edition any better? because it's 7€ cheaper than the silverstone.

Thank you !!!

EDIT: Is the AMD stock cooler really that bad? because I can get a hyper 212+ but...I'm on a budget...
Edited by _Chimera - 1/31/11 at 4:04am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Chimera View Post
EDIT: Is the AMD stock cooler really that bad? because I can get a hyper 212+ but...I'm on a budget...
It can do its job at stock speeds but if you are going to overclock at all then a Hyper 212+ would be an excellent cooler choice (i got my 1055T to 4.3GHz on that baby).

I have no opinion on the case however as i have never seen either of them But all i can say is you want a case with good airflow for the stock cooler just to be on the safe side.
Earl
(28 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
1055T Asus crosshair IV Asus 6870 Sapphire 6870 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator GT 8GB (1 spare 2GB stick) Corsair Neutron 120GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 Samsung Spinpoint F4 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung USB slimline EK supreme HF XSPC RS 360 XSPC X20 750 Dual Bay Res 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
6x GT AP-15's bits and bobs Windows 8 Pro x64 Ubuntu 11.10 X64 (MSGE) 
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
Hanns G 24" 1920x1080 Dell 17" 1280x1024 32" Sony Bravia Asus P1 Pico projector 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch Ninja Mx Browns ISO UK, Ducky ... OCZ fatality 1000 Coolermaster HAF X Microsoft sidewinder X8 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Enjoi custom Sennheiser HD 205's Asus Xonar DX PCI-E Xbox 360 Game pad for windows 
  hide details  
Reply
Earl
(28 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
1055T Asus crosshair IV Asus 6870 Sapphire 6870 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator GT 8GB (1 spare 2GB stick) Corsair Neutron 120GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 Samsung Spinpoint F4 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung USB slimline EK supreme HF XSPC RS 360 XSPC X20 750 Dual Bay Res 
CoolingCoolingOSOS
6x GT AP-15's bits and bobs Windows 8 Pro x64 Ubuntu 11.10 X64 (MSGE) 
MonitorMonitorMonitorMonitor
Hanns G 24" 1920x1080 Dell 17" 1280x1024 32" Sony Bravia Asus P1 Pico projector 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch Ninja Mx Browns ISO UK, Ducky ... OCZ fatality 1000 Coolermaster HAF X Microsoft sidewinder X8 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Enjoi custom Sennheiser HD 205's Asus Xonar DX PCI-E Xbox 360 Game pad for windows 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammo2k5 View Post
I have no opinion on the case however as i have never seen either of them But all i can say is you want a case with good airflow for the stock cooler just to be on the safe side.
Oh, good point. Maybe I can spend some extra €€€ for a better case and keep the stock cooler. I was going to fine tune the processor anyway, keeping the default clocks and undervolting it (just like I did with my 930 *sig rig*).

Thank you very much !!!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD - General
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › 600€ - AMD Build