Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › MSI GTX 460's - 0X116 Errors
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MSI GTX 460's - 0X116 Errors - Page 2

post #11 of 14
Thread Starter 
I've tested my RAM extremely extensively. I tested each stick for two hours with memtest. Then I took one stick and tested each RAM slot for another hour each to see if any of the slots were producing errors. No errors at all. The RAM is perfectly OK and it runs great under Prime Blend test with no errors for at least 4 hours.

I don't have access to an ATI card, but I could always go grab a cheap low end one and give it a shot. The games that I play regularly don't even actually require a high end card. I bought this system to enjoy the Crysis and Metro 2033's of the world and so far it's been nothing but a headache.

Also, one of the first things I tried after reinstalling display drivers and such was try to do use an older recover point, but none of my recovery point would work.

ALSO, I just put the second GPU in by itself and it won't even load to the Windows desktop. I tried reinstalling the display drivers in safe mode and the second GPU still would not boot up. The second GPU seems to be bricked entirely, so I'm going to RMA it.
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by H0urg1ass View Post
I've tested my RAM extremely extensively. I tested each stick for two hours with memtest. Then I took one stick and tested each RAM slot for another hour each to see if any of the slots were producing errors. No errors at all. The RAM is perfectly OK and it runs great under Prime Blend test with no errors for at least 4 hours.

I don't have access to an ATI card, but I could always go grab a cheap low end one and give it a shot. The games that I play regularly don't even actually require a high end card. I bought this system to enjoy the Crysis and Metro 2033's of the world and so far it's been nothing but a headache.

Also, one of the first things I tried after reinstalling display drivers and such was try to do use an older recover point, but none of my recovery point would work.

ALSO, I just put the second GPU in by itself and it won't even load to the Windows desktop. I tried reinstalling the display drivers in safe mode and the second GPU still would not boot up. The second GPU seems to be bricked entirely, so I'm going to RMA it.
If you can, maybe try reformatting and trying the single Hawk again. It's a huge pain but may help you narrow down the problem.

If it still doesn't work then it may be time for an AMD card. There's something up with certain hardware configurations and Fermi-based cards...The drivers need some work too...
My System
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz ASUS Maximus VI Hero Z87 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 16GB (2 x 8GB) G.Skill Trident X DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
750GB Samsung 840EVO 256GB Crucial M4 150GB Velociraptor 1TB Samsung F1 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus DRW-24B1ST Phanteks PH-TC14PE Win 10 64-bit 27" Qnix QX2710 96Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master QuickFire Ultimate Cooler Master V1000 1000W 80+ Gold Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Logitech G500s 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Func Surface 1030 Asus Xonar Essence STX M-Audia AV 40 Polk PSW10 Sub 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz ASUS Maximus VI Hero Z87 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 16GB (2 x 8GB) G.Skill Trident X DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
750GB Samsung 840EVO 256GB Crucial M4 150GB Velociraptor 1TB Samsung F1 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus DRW-24B1ST Phanteks PH-TC14PE Win 10 64-bit 27" Qnix QX2710 96Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master QuickFire Ultimate Cooler Master V1000 1000W 80+ Gold Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Logitech G500s 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Func Surface 1030 Asus Xonar Essence STX M-Audia AV 40 Polk PSW10 Sub 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by coelacanth View Post
If you can, maybe try reformatting and trying the single Hawk again. It's a huge pain but may help you narrow down the problem.

If it still doesn't work then it may be time for an AMD card. There's something up with certain hardware configurations and Fermi-based cards...The drivers need some work too...
I see you have the same video cards listed in your system specs... how are they working out on that mobo?

I ask because I'm looking at two options here:

1) After I get the RMA'd cards back, I can sell them both and upgrade to a 580 or.... grrrr... I'm having a hard time saying it... switch to an ATI card.

2) Get my RMA'd cards back and swap out mobo's to one that IS compatible with 460's in SLI.
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by H0urg1ass View Post
I see you have the same video cards listed in your system specs... how are they working out on that mobo?

I ask because I'm looking at two options here:

1) After I get the RMA'd cards back, I can sell them both and upgrade to a 580 or.... grrrr... I'm having a hard time saying it... switch to an ATI card.

2) Get my RMA'd cards back and swap out mobo's to one that IS compatible with 460's in SLI.
I haven't had any problems with my current setup, knock wood. The Hawks have been fine, I really like this motherboard. I'm not an extreme overclocker, so this board suits me just fine, I hear it's good for about 4.2GHz. One of the main reasons I got it is because there is a space between my cards in SLI so they stay cool (not that that's a problem with the Hawks). This board also runs tri-SLI at 16x/8x/8x, which is pretty cool.
My System
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz ASUS Maximus VI Hero Z87 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 16GB (2 x 8GB) G.Skill Trident X DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
750GB Samsung 840EVO 256GB Crucial M4 150GB Velociraptor 1TB Samsung F1 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus DRW-24B1ST Phanteks PH-TC14PE Win 10 64-bit 27" Qnix QX2710 96Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master QuickFire Ultimate Cooler Master V1000 1000W 80+ Gold Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Logitech G500s 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Func Surface 1030 Asus Xonar Essence STX M-Audia AV 40 Polk PSW10 Sub 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz ASUS Maximus VI Hero Z87 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 16GB (2 x 8GB) G.Skill Trident X DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
750GB Samsung 840EVO 256GB Crucial M4 150GB Velociraptor 1TB Samsung F1 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus DRW-24B1ST Phanteks PH-TC14PE Win 10 64-bit 27" Qnix QX2710 96Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master QuickFire Ultimate Cooler Master V1000 1000W 80+ Gold Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Logitech G500s 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Func Surface 1030 Asus Xonar Essence STX M-Audia AV 40 Polk PSW10 Sub 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › MSI GTX 460's - 0X116 Errors