Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Sandy Bridge users please read!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sandy Bridge users please read! - Page 26

post #251 of 608
this thread is pure comedy.
w00t!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770k @ 3.9 - voltage @ default Asus p8z77-v pro Sapphire HD7950 Flex Dual-X w/ Boost 8 GB G. Skill DDR3 1600 (4x2GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Mushkin Chronos 120 GB SSD + Two 1TB + Two 2TB LG Bluray Burner Windows 8 Pro x64 32" Toshiba 1080p & 23" Hanns 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX3200 Corsair AX750 Antec Three Hundred Two Logitech MX Performance 
  hide details  
Reply
w00t!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3770k @ 3.9 - voltage @ default Asus p8z77-v pro Sapphire HD7950 Flex Dual-X w/ Boost 8 GB G. Skill DDR3 1600 (4x2GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Mushkin Chronos 120 GB SSD + Two 1TB + Two 2TB LG Bluray Burner Windows 8 Pro x64 32" Toshiba 1080p & 23" Hanns 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX3200 Corsair AX750 Antec Three Hundred Two Logitech MX Performance 
  hide details  
Reply
post #252 of 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidian86 View Post
well played sir. well played indeed.
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 ASUS Rampage II Gene OEM ASUS GTX460 9 GB DDR3 Nanya 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Western Digital Black Corsair H100i Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus ML238H 23" 1920 x 1080 Saitek Eclipse III Corsair HX620W Antec 300 
MouseAudio
G9 Klipsch 2.1  
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 ASUS Rampage II Gene OEM ASUS GTX460 9 GB DDR3 Nanya 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Western Digital Black Corsair H100i Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus ML238H 23" 1920 x 1080 Saitek Eclipse III Corsair HX620W Antec 300 
MouseAudio
G9 Klipsch 2.1  
  hide details  
Reply
post #253 of 608
This is why i dont early adopt, just in case.
post #254 of 608
Makes me wonder if SB prices will be going up when it returns... could it be market strategy...?

Damn, maybe I should have bought one when the get'in was good..??
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.6ghz HT 1.272v GIGABYTE P67A-UD4-B3 Sapphire HD5870 1GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 (2x2) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
X2 Western Digital Black Sata 500GB (RAID 0) Win7 Ult x64 ASUS 24'in VW246H Logitech 
PowerCaseMouse
Zalman ZM1000-HP CM Storm Scout Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.6ghz HT 1.272v GIGABYTE P67A-UD4-B3 Sapphire HD5870 1GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 (2x2) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
X2 Western Digital Black Sata 500GB (RAID 0) Win7 Ult x64 ASUS 24'in VW246H Logitech 
PowerCaseMouse
Zalman ZM1000-HP CM Storm Scout Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
post #255 of 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC21 View Post
This is why i dont early adopt, just in case.
that's what I was thinking. The revision always gives a better product.
DT421
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel® Xeon® Processor X3430  ASRock p55de3 AMD Radeon 7950 G.Skill RipjawsX 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk Ultra Plus SDSSDHP WD 500GB Blue Enermax ETS-T40-TB Windows 10 x64 
PowerCase
BFG 1000 Watt CM 690 II Advanced 
  hide details  
Reply
DT421
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel® Xeon® Processor X3430  ASRock p55de3 AMD Radeon 7950 G.Skill RipjawsX 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk Ultra Plus SDSSDHP WD 500GB Blue Enermax ETS-T40-TB Windows 10 x64 
PowerCase
BFG 1000 Watt CM 690 II Advanced 
  hide details  
Reply
post #256 of 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonn20 View Post
Makes me wonder if SB prices will be going up when it returns... could it be market strategy...?

Damn, maybe I should have bought one when the get'in was good..??
Considering Intel's Stocks are plummetting, I'd imagine we will see an increase in prices.
The Wtfer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K ASUS P8Z68-V PRO EVGA GTX 465 w/ 470 Shaders/Memory/Clocks 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit Dell U2311H + LG W2242S 
PowerCase
Corsair 750TX Coolermaster RC-692 Advanced 
  hide details  
Reply
The Wtfer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K ASUS P8Z68-V PRO EVGA GTX 465 w/ 470 Shaders/Memory/Clocks 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit Dell U2311H + LG W2242S 
PowerCase
Corsair 750TX Coolermaster RC-692 Advanced 
  hide details  
Reply
post #257 of 608
time to send back mobo then.
Gene-Z Dedi
(7 items)
 
Captain America
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i7 2600k @ 5.2 Ghz Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z Gskill 2133 4GB Caviar Black 
CoolingOSPower
Corsair H100 Arch x64 OCZ 650 Watt 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel Xeon E5-2650 Intel Xeon E5-2650 ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS XFX 6870 
RAMOS
32 GB Samsung Arch Nix 
  hide details  
Reply
Gene-Z Dedi
(7 items)
 
Captain America
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i7 2600k @ 5.2 Ghz Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z Gskill 2133 4GB Caviar Black 
CoolingOSPower
Corsair H100 Arch x64 OCZ 650 Watt 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel Xeon E5-2650 Intel Xeon E5-2650 ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS XFX 6870 
RAMOS
32 GB Samsung Arch Nix 
  hide details  
Reply
post #258 of 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
time to send back mobo then.
Wait until Asus releases any Recall Information. Intel said it would be near the end of Feb. or early April when Recalls would officially begin.
The Wtfer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K ASUS P8Z68-V PRO EVGA GTX 465 w/ 470 Shaders/Memory/Clocks 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit Dell U2311H + LG W2242S 
PowerCase
Corsair 750TX Coolermaster RC-692 Advanced 
  hide details  
Reply
The Wtfer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600K ASUS P8Z68-V PRO EVGA GTX 465 w/ 470 Shaders/Memory/Clocks 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 1TB LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit Dell U2311H + LG W2242S 
PowerCase
Corsair 750TX Coolermaster RC-692 Advanced 
  hide details  
Reply
post #259 of 608
Just read through those 26 pages of QQing.

Is it just me or are there a lot of double posts in this thread?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 965 (C3) Gigabyte 790FX UD5P (rev. 1) HIS HD 5850 @ 775/1000 2x2 GB, Viper 1333Mhz, CL7 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB and 1TB Dell U2311H Thermaltake 650W Lancool PC-K62 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 965 (C3) Gigabyte 790FX UD5P (rev. 1) HIS HD 5850 @ 775/1000 2x2 GB, Viper 1333Mhz, CL7 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB and 1TB Dell U2311H Thermaltake 650W Lancool PC-K62 
  hide details  
Reply
post #260 of 608
So much idiocy in this thread.


What does this recall actually mean for early adopters of SB? Here's an example for you:

I have two SB systems, a gaming rig at home and an analysis machine at work that's still waiting on TD to ship the 2600k and CDW-G to ship the RAM.

Gaming rig:
Currently using 2x 3GB/s SATA ports for an optical drive and a 7200rpm HDD. In 4 - 8 months I will upgrade to two SSD drives in RAID0. At that time I will put those drives on the P67 6GB/s SATA ports, and I will the optical drive on the Marvell 6GB/s port.

Impact of the chipset flaw on my system: 0

Work rig:
Once built, this machine will contain an SSD, 4x 7200rpm HDDs in RAID10, and an optical drive. In this case I will have to put the HDDs on the affected 3GB/s SATA ports. Doing so, I will be aware that in ~3 years there's a 5 - 15% chance I will experienced degraded I/O performance and eventual SATA disconnect. My last machine of this sort for work was purchased 2 years and 8 months ago, so that's right around when this machine would ordinarily be replaced--so if degraded performance does occur, I can just RMA the board and get a replacement from ASUS at that time, and there's at least an 80% chance that I will already be using a new system at that point. So you combine the ~20% chance I'm still using this machine at the time it's affected with the 5 - 15% chance it is affected, and you get a 1 - 3% chance I'm affected by the recall.

Impact of the chipset flaw on my system: 1 - 3% chance I have to RMA the board while the system is still in active use, very near the end of its life-cycle.

Big deal for Intel because of the costs associated with a recall and stopping their production line, but at the end of the day for users this matters almost not at all.
Edited by TriBeCa - 1/31/11 at 12:25pm
Work Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Patriot Viper 3 Intel Extreme Masters 1866MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ 240G Vertex 3 SSD Seagate SV35 Series 3TB Seagate SV35 Series 3TB Corsair H100i 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Enterprise x64 Corsair 860W 80+ Platinum Cooler Mster Cosmos II Ultra 
  hide details  
Reply
Work Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Patriot Viper 3 Intel Extreme Masters 1866MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ 240G Vertex 3 SSD Seagate SV35 Series 3TB Seagate SV35 Series 3TB Corsair H100i 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Enterprise x64 Corsair 860W 80+ Platinum Cooler Mster Cosmos II Ultra 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Sandy Bridge users please read!