Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › How to setup HFM website ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How to setup HFM website ?

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
I've got everything running now the way I want it to.. but how can I set up that nice HFM website ?
I can't seem to enter my FTP details anywhere.. (I have webhosting which I rent)

Thanks in advance for the help !
post #2 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freekers View Post
I've got everything running now the way I want it to.. but how can I set up that nice HFM website ?
I can't seem to enter my FTP details anywhere.. (I have webhosting which I rent)

Thanks in advance for the help !

Don't use hostzi - mine broke after 2 weeks for some reason. It wants me to login now all of the sudden. I can't, so I can't monitor my folding from the office.

-TG
Gom Jabbar
(13 items)
 
  
CPU
i7 930 @ 4.20 GHz 1.29v HT 
  hide details  
Reply
Gom Jabbar
(13 items)
 
  
CPU
i7 930 @ 4.20 GHz 1.29v HT 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 14
What webhosting are you using? Do you have a program with which you can upload files to an FTP server (i.e. Filezilla)?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 GO @ 3.0gHz ABIT IP35 Pro EVGA GTX 285 2GB DDR2 GSkill RAM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320GB Western Digital Sony DVD ROM Win7 Ultimate x32 2x 19" Hanns-G Wides @ 2880x900 
PowerCase
750w Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 GO @ 3.0gHz ABIT IP35 Pro EVGA GTX 285 2GB DDR2 GSkill RAM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320GB Western Digital Sony DVD ROM Win7 Ultimate x32 2x 19" Hanns-G Wides @ 2880x900 
PowerCase
750w Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 14
If your just wanting something simple, you can even use dropbox.

http://www.overclock.net/folding-hom...fm-dyndns.html

I haven't done it the way you want in ages. I cant remember exactly how to do it. I know fahmon could upload to FTP, I am sure HFM does since its based on it.
Main PC
(10 items)
 
File Server
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2550k ASUS Maximus V GENE EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti+ 3GB w/Backplate 16GB Kingston Hyper-X 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Kingston HyperX 3K RAID 0 Seagate USB 3.0 External Drive Thermalright Venomous X Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorPower
3x 22" Dell Ultrasharp Corsair CX500 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
amd a10-7700k ASrock FM2A88M-HD+ Corsair Dominator 2x2GB Toshiba 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Toshiba Western Digital Green Western Digital Black Western Digital Green 
OSPowerCase
Windows Professional 8.1 OCZ 650W Antec 300 
  hide details  
Reply
Main PC
(10 items)
 
File Server
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2550k ASUS Maximus V GENE EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti+ 3GB w/Backplate 16GB Kingston Hyper-X 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Kingston HyperX 3K RAID 0 Seagate USB 3.0 External Drive Thermalright Venomous X Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorPower
3x 22" Dell Ultrasharp Corsair CX500 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
amd a10-7700k ASrock FM2A88M-HD+ Corsair Dominator 2x2GB Toshiba 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Toshiba Western Digital Green Western Digital Black Western Digital Green 
OSPowerCase
Windows Professional 8.1 OCZ 650W Antec 300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 14
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the replies !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tleilaxu Ghola View Post
Don't use hostzi - mine broke after 2 weeks for some reason. It wants me to login now all of the sudden. I can't, so I can't monitor my folding from the office.

-TG
Thanks for the tip ! I was actually reading about hostzi right now as we speak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentryOptic View Post
What webhosting are you using? Do you have a program with which you can upload files to an FTP server (i.e. Filezilla)?
I'm using my own webhosting which I also use for my personal websites and clan web****e hosting.
I can upload files to an FTP server via FileZilla yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperXX View Post
If your just wanting something simple, you can even use dropbox.

http://www.overclock.net/folding-hom...fm-dyndns.html

I haven't done it the way you want in ages. I cant remember exactly how to do it. I know fahmon could upload to FTP, I am sure HFM does since its based on it.
I have read about the dropbox method, but I don't like running the dropbox client in the backgrond on my folding rig.
Yeah, I read about FAHMon too, but I thought HFM was better ?

Thnx
post #6 of 14
this excellent guide from z should help

http://www.overclock.net/folding-hom...ml#post8876207
post #7 of 14
Ok well you can upload from HFM, I believe its called passive ftp.

The syntax looks like
Set that up in your target folder or url under preferences.
Main PC
(10 items)
 
File Server
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2550k ASUS Maximus V GENE EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti+ 3GB w/Backplate 16GB Kingston Hyper-X 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Kingston HyperX 3K RAID 0 Seagate USB 3.0 External Drive Thermalright Venomous X Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorPower
3x 22" Dell Ultrasharp Corsair CX500 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
amd a10-7700k ASrock FM2A88M-HD+ Corsair Dominator 2x2GB Toshiba 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Toshiba Western Digital Green Western Digital Black Western Digital Green 
OSPowerCase
Windows Professional 8.1 OCZ 650W Antec 300 
  hide details  
Reply
Main PC
(10 items)
 
File Server
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2550k ASUS Maximus V GENE EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti+ 3GB w/Backplate 16GB Kingston Hyper-X 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Kingston HyperX 3K RAID 0 Seagate USB 3.0 External Drive Thermalright Venomous X Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorPower
3x 22" Dell Ultrasharp Corsair CX500 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
amd a10-7700k ASrock FM2A88M-HD+ Corsair Dominator 2x2GB Toshiba 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Toshiba Western Digital Green Western Digital Black Western Digital Green 
OSPowerCase
Windows Professional 8.1 OCZ 650W Antec 300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega17 View Post
this excellent guide from z should help

http://www.overclock.net/folding-hom...ml#post8876207
this guide doesn't work, at least for me, but seems like others are having issues too

im gonna try the dropbox guide tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperXX View Post
Ok well you can upload from HFM, I believe its called passive ftp.

The syntax looks like
Set that up in your target folder or url under preferences.
i did this with Zodac's guide, and when i test connection, it succeeds

but nothing ever gets uploaded

you think it's an issue with my HFM ?
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
this guide doesn't work, at least for me, but seems like others are having issues too
What doesn't work about it?

Does it not upload anything?

By default if you follow that guide, stuff gets uploaded to http://**username**.net23.net//summary.html
post #10 of 14
yeah, test connection succeeds in HFM but nothing ever gets uploaded

ftp://username:password@yourftpserverurl/public_html/
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Overclock.net Folding@Home Team
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › How to setup HFM website ?