Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › To stay SB, or not to...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

To stay SB, or not to...

post #1 of 52
Thread Starter 
So, I'm in a unique situation. I just purchased my 2500K, but I had been waiting for more 1155 MOBO's to be realeased (specifically the EVGA and SPARKLE boards). After this annoucnement about the flaw in the H/P67's SATA II controller, I now have a choice to make. Do I wait the 1-2 months for boards to be released again, or...do I switch platforms, like back to AMD, or to 1156 or to 1366?

frown.gif
post #2 of 52
do you currently not have anything running
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4930k  GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 GIGABYTE GV-R927XOC-4GD Radeon R9 270X 4GB  G-Skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SAMSUNG 830 Series 128GB + 320gb samsung spinpo... LG* Super Multi 12x Blu-ray Disc Rewriter Corsair H100 Windows 8.1 PRO 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ GW2450 24" x3 Corsair k70 Red Switch , Das Keyboard Blue Switch  Silverstone Strider Plus 850 watt Corsair Special Edition White Graphite Series 600T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair M65 Mionox Propus 380 Creative Labs xfi Titanium Fatal1ty champion + ... 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4930k  GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 GIGABYTE GV-R927XOC-4GD Radeon R9 270X 4GB  G-Skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SAMSUNG 830 Series 128GB + 320gb samsung spinpo... LG* Super Multi 12x Blu-ray Disc Rewriter Corsair H100 Windows 8.1 PRO 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ GW2450 24" x3 Corsair k70 Red Switch , Das Keyboard Blue Switch  Silverstone Strider Plus 850 watt Corsair Special Edition White Graphite Series 600T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair M65 Mionox Propus 380 Creative Labs xfi Titanium Fatal1ty champion + ... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 52
Just stay, all of this is some overhyped crap anyways. If worse comes, you can always return the products and get your money back and buy something new. Seeing how almost all of the members on here are running stable with their SBs I would consider just sticking with your setup.
post #4 of 52
way over hyped, i'd continue with the build

things always get blown out of proportion on OCN rolleyes.gif
post #5 of 52
Proceed with build. biggrin.gif
Main PC
(10 items)
 
File Server
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2550k ASUS Maximus V GENE EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti+ 3GB w/Backplate 16GB Kingston Hyper-X 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Kingston HyperX 3K RAID 0 Seagate USB 3.0 External Drive Thermalright Venomous X Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorPower
3x 22" Dell Ultrasharp Corsair CX500 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
amd a10-7700k ASrock FM2A88M-HD+ Corsair Dominator 2x2GB Toshiba 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Toshiba Western Digital Green Western Digital Black Western Digital Green 
OSPowerCase
Windows Professional 8.1 OCZ 650W Antec 300 
  hide details  
Reply
Main PC
(10 items)
 
File Server
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2550k ASUS Maximus V GENE EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti+ 3GB w/Backplate 16GB Kingston Hyper-X 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x Kingston HyperX 3K RAID 0 Seagate USB 3.0 External Drive Thermalright Venomous X Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorPower
3x 22" Dell Ultrasharp Corsair CX500 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
amd a10-7700k ASrock FM2A88M-HD+ Corsair Dominator 2x2GB Toshiba 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Toshiba Western Digital Green Western Digital Black Western Digital Green 
OSPowerCase
Windows Professional 8.1 OCZ 650W Antec 300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 52
wait it out and continue with your planned build. SB is fine... if you have something running now... just use it for another month or so and then pick up an updated board.

There are no end user reported cases of this recall AT ALL. Its simply a flaw with the controller that is handling sata 3gb/s ports and will be corrected (if they haven't completely fixed it already.)

You would be jumping to conclusions to think that something as minor as this, that has not even manifested itself in the real population of p/h67 motherboards in currently use, would in some way cripple the entire line.

People just like scaring other people.

In other words... if you have the time to wait... wait. its worth it.

If not... get 1366 and stop feeding the trolls.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x @ 4.4ghz (1.19v) evga x99 micro2 (2) evga gtx 980 ti hybrid 32gb hyperx 2666mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
samsung 950 pro 512gb NVMe M.2 ssd ek everything win 10 xl2430t / u2515h (x2) / u2913wm 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
cm novatouch w/ pbt caps. evga 1200 p2 lian li pc-9f nixeus revel 
Mouse PadAudioOther
steelseries qck heavy gustard U12/X12 -> H10/Lyr presonus 22vsl > mxl770 (mic) 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x @ 4.4ghz (1.19v) evga x99 micro2 (2) evga gtx 980 ti hybrid 32gb hyperx 2666mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
samsung 950 pro 512gb NVMe M.2 ssd ek everything win 10 xl2430t / u2515h (x2) / u2913wm 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
cm novatouch w/ pbt caps. evga 1200 p2 lian li pc-9f nixeus revel 
Mouse PadAudioOther
steelseries qck heavy gustard U12/X12 -> H10/Lyr presonus 22vsl > mxl770 (mic) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperXX;12213072 
Proceed with build. biggrin.gif

I can't...I don't have a MOBO yet...so where do I get one.

See my dilemna?
post #8 of 52
One person posted....soon I see 50% of threads on my homescreen filled with SB recall.... eek.gif blown out of proportion is very suitable to say the least lol
post #9 of 52
Thread Starter 
Sorry, I'm being very snippy about this whole thing. I completely understand what the "flaw" in the chipset is, and how little that will affect me (espcially if I get a board with 4-6 SATA III connectors). I'm not at all worried about the CPU itself, just having to sit around for a month or two waiting for the new boards, then have them cost 10% more just so Intel can recoup there lost revenue...
post #10 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike44njdevils;12213088 
I can't...I don't have a MOBO yet...so where do I get one.

See my dilemna?

confused.gif where have you looked? cus amazon sells p67's
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Overclock.net Folding@Home Team
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › To stay SB, or not to...