Originally Posted by PapaSmurf
If you just need a small amount of black go with the Clean Cut from Furry Letters. Less expensive than Kobra and just as good if not slightly better.
Just as good???
The Clean Cut is amazing compared to the Kobra.
Hell, I even find myself recommending MDPC now just because it's bloody cheaper than the Kobra with shipping including and that's just sad.
Originally Posted by SmasherBasher
1) PET: Completely agree. It's utter crap. Do not buy.
2) Kobra: Agree as well. Kind of hard to work with since it doesn't expand as well as clean cut or PET, but not as hard to work with as paracord.
3) Paracord: I absolutely cannot stand the stuff. Every time I turn around, I snag the stuff. I have had a power supply sitting in a drawer for 2 months waiting to be done simply because I cannot bring myself to finish it with this crap. Absolutely hate working with it.
4) Furryletters (Barry): I was going to do a similar review on different styles of sleeving a few months ago. He seemed way too put out to provide me even a few sample pieces of sleeving without charging me $50 to do it. He can kiss my rear end. I'll spend my money elsewhere.
5) MDPC: Have not used. Can't wait to try it.
+ rep for great information.
Wow...Barry is normally super easy to work with but I mean, I can understand why he wouldn't send out free samples...he loses money. Although, I do buy from him and so far, I've been more than satisfied with my purchases and him. He ships the same day as long as I order before 5pm and it arrives 1-2 days later.
Great post...I only really disagree with your Kobra notes. Kobra is not just medium cost. It is currently the most expensive sleeving on the market. It beats out MDPC which I thought was hard to do. Even at Koolertek.com, who has the lowest price for Kobra sleeving, it's still $0.59 a foot. 100 feet will cost you $59 + shipping....ZOMG. Total cost including shipping for 30 meters (just under 100 feet...I think it's like 98. something feet) of MDPC is about $40 USD (it may be higher...damn currency rates).
For my tastes, the only good sleeving is the Techflex Clean Cut but it only comes in black and grey. For colors, you pretty much have to go MDPC to get the best bang for your buck which is sad as Kobra used to be around $0.19 a foot.Edited by KamuiRSX - 2/1/11 at 7:24pm