Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › AMD bulldozer?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AMD bulldozer? - Page 2

post #11 of 44
Thread Starter 
Half the price? How much we talking
Crappy machine :)
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon x2 245 @ 3.5 GHz Asrock N68c-UCC XFX HD 5770 4gb HyperX DDR3 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1tb samsung spinpoint f3 Standard DVD-RW Drive Windows 7 Professional 64-bit AOC HD 24" LCD 
PowerCase
Corsair 400CX Thermaltake v3 
  hide details  
Reply
Crappy machine :)
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon x2 245 @ 3.5 GHz Asrock N68c-UCC XFX HD 5770 4gb HyperX DDR3 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1tb samsung spinpoint f3 Standard DVD-RW Drive Windows 7 Professional 64-bit AOC HD 24" LCD 
PowerCase
Corsair 400CX Thermaltake v3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by beers View Post
Word on the street is Q2.
Speculation is generally April/May.

I hope they start rolling out AM3+ boards soon.
I'd like to pop my 1090T into one and give OC a quick whirl.
This ASrock board isn't that great for overclocking X6's..
Beers, if you are going to drink a Kölsch, at least make it a good one:

http://www.frueh.de/
post #13 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanb581 View Post
8-16 cores? :O woah....

when is bulldozer being rolled out, do you know?
april (rumor)

16 core version is for SERVERS. im not sure if AMD will give us a 16 core Opty that fits AM3+. its probably only gonna be that LGA server socket.
oh and technically the 8 core CPU is a quad core.
BD has 4 modules (basically cores) that run TWO threads through them. not like HT's fake threads, but real physical threads.
this also means that 16 core BD is an 8 core CPU.

OMG I CANT WAIT FOR THIS! i hope they release a AM3 version for us ppl that dont want to spend another 220 bucks on another expensive ROG mobo.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Athlon 64 3400+ NewCastle| 2.4Ghz] [ASRock K8Upgrade-NF3 | Coming SOON] [Saphire Radeon X1600PRO | AGP] [1GB Double Data Rate Synchronous Dynamic RAM] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[Seagate 250GB | IDE] [Generic DVD Drive] [Windows XP Pro 32bit] [HP 15" | 1024x768] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[Crappy HP keyboard] [Generic 300w =/ ] [Case? BAHAHAHA!!] [Crappy Ball Mouse] 
Mouse Pad
LOLWUT 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Athlon 64 3400+ NewCastle| 2.4Ghz] [ASRock K8Upgrade-NF3 | Coming SOON] [Saphire Radeon X1600PRO | AGP] [1GB Double Data Rate Synchronous Dynamic RAM] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[Seagate 250GB | IDE] [Generic DVD Drive] [Windows XP Pro 32bit] [HP 15" | 1024x768] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[Crappy HP keyboard] [Generic 300w =/ ] [Case? BAHAHAHA!!] [Crappy Ball Mouse] 
Mouse Pad
LOLWUT 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by beers View Post
Word on the street is Q2.
Speculation is generally April/May.

I hope they start rolling out AM3+ boards soon.
I'd like to pop my 1090T into one and give OC a quick whirl.
This ASrock board isn't that great for overclocking X6's..
I thought AM3+ boards were not backwards compatible and only accepted the new processors and beyond???
Ronin
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair III Formula Radeon HD 5850 x2 Mushkin 1600 7-9-7-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
128GB Plextor ssd 500 GB WD Lite-ON multi-drive Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 28" Hanns-G G110 Corsair HX850w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 G500 X Trac pad Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
Ronin
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair III Formula Radeon HD 5850 x2 Mushkin 1600 7-9-7-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
128GB Plextor ssd 500 GB WD Lite-ON multi-drive Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 28" Hanns-G G110 Corsair HX850w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 G500 X Trac pad Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Tanker View Post
I thought AM3+ boards were not backwards compatible and only accepted the new processors and beyond???
AM3+ socket works with AM3 CPU ONLY

but AM3+ CPU DOES NOT work on AM3 socket.

AM2+ boards and CPUs doesnt fit in either of these due to the lack of DDR3 memory controllers iirc.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Athlon 64 3400+ NewCastle| 2.4Ghz] [ASRock K8Upgrade-NF3 | Coming SOON] [Saphire Radeon X1600PRO | AGP] [1GB Double Data Rate Synchronous Dynamic RAM] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[Seagate 250GB | IDE] [Generic DVD Drive] [Windows XP Pro 32bit] [HP 15" | 1024x768] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[Crappy HP keyboard] [Generic 300w =/ ] [Case? BAHAHAHA!!] [Crappy Ball Mouse] 
Mouse Pad
LOLWUT 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Athlon 64 3400+ NewCastle| 2.4Ghz] [ASRock K8Upgrade-NF3 | Coming SOON] [Saphire Radeon X1600PRO | AGP] [1GB Double Data Rate Synchronous Dynamic RAM] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[Seagate 250GB | IDE] [Generic DVD Drive] [Windows XP Pro 32bit] [HP 15" | 1024x768] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[Crappy HP keyboard] [Generic 300w =/ ] [Case? BAHAHAHA!!] [Crappy Ball Mouse] 
Mouse Pad
LOLWUT 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by JF-AMD View Post
Beers, if you are going to drink a Kölsch, at least make it a good one:

http://www.frueh.de/
Any recommendations for a girlfriend that doesn't drink and doesn't like it when you do?

8 cores will be awesome if you can actually use them in things other than rendering and encoding, already getting flamed hard on the Intel forum because of my view on HT let alone more than 4 physical cores.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K P8P67 PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 
GraphicsRAMRAMRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT G-Skill A-Data G-Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
A-Data Crucial M4 64GB + 1TB F3 Spinpoint $155 LS/DL DVD RW $?? Windows 8 64-bit "Epic Registry" Edition 
MonitorPowerCase
ASUS 21.5 1920x1080 2ms $135 CORSAIR HX850 $120 Mother Earth $free 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K P8P67 PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 
GraphicsRAMRAMRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT G-Skill A-Data G-Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
A-Data Crucial M4 64GB + 1TB F3 Spinpoint $155 LS/DL DVD RW $?? Windows 8 64-bit "Epic Registry" Edition 
MonitorPowerCase
ASUS 21.5 1920x1080 2ms $135 CORSAIR HX850 $120 Mother Earth $free 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enfluenza View Post
april (rumor)

16 core version is for SERVERS. im not sure if AMD will give us a 16 core Opty that fits AM3+. its probably only gonna be that LGA server socket.
oh and technically the 8 core CPU is a quad core.
BD has 4 modules (basically cores) that run TWO threads through them. not like HT's fake threads, but real physical threads.
this also means that 16 core BD is an 8 core CPU.

OMG I CANT WAIT FOR THIS! i hope they release a AM3 version for us ppl that dont want to spend another 220 bucks on another expensive ROG mobo.
Q2
16 cores is G34
Oh, and technically the 8 core CPU is an 8 core CPU
Which makes the 16 core CPU a 16 core CPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallaTheFeared View Post
Any recommendations for a girlfriend that doesn't drink and doesn't like it when you do?

8 cores will be awesome if you can actually use them in things other than rendering and encoding, already getting flamed hard on the Intel forum because of my view on HT let alone more than 4 physical cores.
I don't think you want my answer to #1.

As to the argument of "no applicaitons use more than 4 cores" just remind them that a few years ago the argument was "no applicaiton uses more than 2 cores" which was preceded by "no applicaiton uses more than one core."

All of that was preceded by "nobody will ever need more than 640K".

The guy telling you that more cores don't matter is the same guy peddling 6-core parts today with 8-core and 10-core parts on his roadmap. Apparently they will matter moments before they launch those higher core count parts.
post #18 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallaTheFeared View Post
Any recommendations for a girlfriend that doesn't drink and doesn't like it when you do?

8 cores will be awesome if you can actually use them in things other than rendering and encoding, already getting flamed hard on the Intel forum because of my view on HT let alone more than 4 physical cores.
You poor, poor man.
3930k
(20 items)
 
  
Reply
3930k
(20 items)
 
  
Reply
post #19 of 44
I really hope so, it's a win for everyone if everything starts scaling with core count.

Didn't AMD demonstrate you can create software that scales with available cores and isn't set in stone at 2 or 4 or 6 or 8?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K P8P67 PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 
GraphicsRAMRAMRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT G-Skill A-Data G-Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
A-Data Crucial M4 64GB + 1TB F3 Spinpoint $155 LS/DL DVD RW $?? Windows 8 64-bit "Epic Registry" Edition 
MonitorPowerCase
ASUS 21.5 1920x1080 2ms $135 CORSAIR HX850 $120 Mother Earth $free 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K P8P67 PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 
GraphicsRAMRAMRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT G-Skill A-Data G-Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
A-Data Crucial M4 64GB + 1TB F3 Spinpoint $155 LS/DL DVD RW $?? Windows 8 64-bit "Epic Registry" Edition 
MonitorPowerCase
ASUS 21.5 1920x1080 2ms $135 CORSAIR HX850 $120 Mother Earth $free 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallaTheFeared View Post
I really hope so, it's a win for everyone if everything starts scaling with core count.

Didn't AMD demonstrate you can create software that scales with available cores and isn't set in stone at 2 or 4 or 6 or 8?
Exactly, its absolutely ridiculous that people are still programming games and applications that only take advantage of 2 threads, even if its a sloppy implementation its still free performance.
3930k
(20 items)
 
  
Reply
3930k
(20 items)
 
  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › AMD bulldozer?