Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › Budget PSU for old 8800GTX
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Budget PSU for old 8800GTX - Page 7

post #61 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Track View Post
I don't think that's ever going to happen.

The accepted thinking is that the PSU will die and cause lots and lots of trouble.
You have experts who have wasted their time learning meaningless facts, trying to convince you that.. they're just here to "help you make the right decision."

I call BS to this.

I know I will get flamed. I have been getting flamed.
But we are going to keep arguing until we see into the future and can tell if the PSU had died or not.
Shut up and continue in PM like you said you would ten posts ago.
post #62 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Track View Post
I don't think that's ever going to happen.

The accepted thinking is that the PSU will die and cause lots and lots of trouble.
You have experts who have wasted their time learning meaningless facts, trying to convince you that.. they're just here to "help you make the right decision."

I call BS to this.

I know I will get flamed. I have been getting flamed.
But we are going to keep arguing until we see into the future and can tell if the PSU had died or not.
no body taught me anything its my personal experience withe psu's.....
post #63 of 79
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus2129 View Post
For your system look for the Corsair CX430, it's best quality low-wattage PSU they're likely to have.
ughh well i thank you for your input but this obsession with costly corsair/antec etc defeats the purpose of "budget"
post #64 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberwurst View Post
ughh well i thank you for your input but this obsession with costly corsair/antec etc defeats the purpose of "budget"
The CX430 should cost less than $50.

On Newegg it's $45, $35 after rebate.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9017&Tpk=cx430

Although the Antec NeoECO 400C is the better unit for $45:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...k=antec%20400w
But no rebate.
post #65 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus2129 View Post
Shut up and continue in PM like you said you would ten posts ago.
Woah. No need to get uppity, old fella.
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
Reply
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #66 of 79
Thread Starter 
why should i feel safe with a 400-430w when the min recommended by just the 8800GTX, let alone the rest of the hardware, is 450?
post #67 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus2129 View Post
The CX430 should cost less than $50.

On Newegg it's $45, $35 after rebate.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9017&Tpk=cx430

Although the Antec NeoECO 400C is the better unit for $45:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...k=antec%20400w
But no rebate.
All you're doing is feeding your own notions of self-grandeur in only appreciating the 'good' PSUs. You're like a PSU National Socialist.
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
Reply
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #68 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberwurst View Post
why should i feel safe with a 400-430w when the min recommended by just the 8800GTX, let alone the rest of the hardware, is 450?
Actually, that 450w IS for the rest of the hardware.

You will certainly be fine with the Antec PSUs.
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
Reply
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #69 of 79
Certainly not a wanted thread, but I have a Enermax 425 watt that would handle things just fine and I'm looking to get rid of.
post #70 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus2129 View Post
The CX430 should cost less than $50.

On Newegg it's $45, $35 after rebate.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9017&Tpk=cx430

Although the Antec NeoECO 400C is the better unit for $45:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...k=antec%20400w
But no rebate.
I would add this to the mix:
http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0334766
It's not quite as good a unit as the above two Antec, but it's cheaper after the rebate, and it will do its job just fine. 420V/270µF/105C OST primary cap, Teapo secondaries, 60mV 12V ripple, at least +/-3% voltage regulation on all rails.
Edited by Shub - 2/1/11 at 8:23am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Power Supplies
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › Budget PSU for old 8800GTX