This issue occurs randomly. My GPU usage will suddenly go to 99% and stay there even while not gaming. This can happen for either GPU1, GPU2, or both, and the only way to resolve it is a hard reboot.
Any driver past 10.10E gives me this issue. Reading around shows it's fairly commonplace, particularly with the 5970. Any idea how to fix this? I'd really love to use the 11.1's, since they give me a bit of an FPS boost.
Any of you guys experiencing the same issue? If so, how do you resolve it (other than the obvious rollback of drivers)?
Note: These are 11.1's, though Afterburner shows them as 10.11 for some reason.
Odd that ab shows 10.11.
- Uninstall current drivers via Uninstall Progs
- Choose express uninstall all ATI software
- Restart to safemode
- Use DCPro, not driver sweeper.
- Select ATI, nothing else, clean.
- Go to C:\\Program Files (x86)See below image Manually deleted any driver folders left, only driver folders, do not delete the cap folder.
- Restart normal mode
- Install driver using custom manual, install only the driver at this time, on a good install you'll see the folder does not exist message, would you like to create.
- Restart and monitor usage.
- Looks good, install the rest of the package.
Also if you've disabled ulps, you need to enable before you attempt driver changes.
BTW I'm running the 11.1a driver with 11.1 ccc.
EDIT> I was wrong, the correct folder to delete is here.
Edited by grunion - 2/6/11 at 10:28am