Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › need help! low PPD with i7 875K
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

need help! low PPD with i7 875K - Page 2

post #11 of 25
i7 875k with HT off? I don't get it. Whats the point? I would have saved a few hundred and gone for a i5 750 like I did with my gaming rig. I would like to know why you turned off HT. I think that will help. What are your temps and what is the lower clock that you are going to to fix your instability issues?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E7500 Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2H 9800GTX+ Kingston HyperX 1066mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640GB Black + 1GB Green Samsung BlueRay W7 27" Curtis TV :P 
PowerCase
500w not good enough to remember NZXT Gamma Classic 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E7500 Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2H 9800GTX+ Kingston HyperX 1066mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640GB Black + 1GB Green Samsung BlueRay W7 27" Curtis TV :P 
PowerCase
500w not good enough to remember NZXT Gamma Classic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 25
Have you done at least 10 WU's for bonus points? Without the bonus points you will be folding 4 hours for WU's that only give like 200 points.
post #13 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper Fidelis View Post
Have you done at least 10 WU's for bonus points? Without the bonus points you will be folding 4 hours for WU's that only give like 200 points.
Oh yeah, I hadn't even thought of that yet.
post #14 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by doritos93 View Post
Since you mentioned that downclocking fixes instability issues, you're problem may be related to your OC.
i only downclocked my gpu a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cait_0523 View Post
i7 875k with HT off? I don't get it. Whats the point? I would have saved a few hundred and gone for a i5 750 like I did with my gaming rig. I would like to know why you turned off HT. I think that will help. What are your temps and what is the lower clock that you are going to to fix your instability issues?
you dont get a performance boost with HT on, and i am folding for a few days now
my HT is off for 2 months (clocked it for the fun to 4.5Ghz or so )

i have done 10 WU (cpu and gpu combined, so i can't tell how much WU i have with my cpu)
post #15 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by [T]yphoon View Post
i only downclocked my gpu a bit



you dont get a performance boost with HT on, and i am folding for a few days now
my HT is off for 2 months (clocked it for the fun to 4.5Ghz or so )

i have done 10 WU (cpu and gpu combined, so i can't tell how much WU i have with my cpu)
Well if it is 10 combined then you haven't done 10 with either of them.

You did get your passkey and enter it and all that stuff right? If so then you need to finish 10 SMP WU's then you start getting bonus points.
post #16 of 25
Thread Starter 
yes i got a passkey
btw my WU is more then 45
so i think i can start bigadv (CPU PPD is now at 8000 Project: 6061)
looks like i forgot to add "more then" in my last post (i have done more then 10 WU)
post #17 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by [T]yphoon View Post
i only downclocked my gpu a bit



you dont get a performance boost with HT on, and i am folding for a few days now
my HT is off for 2 months (clocked it for the fun to 4.5Ghz or so )

i have done 10 WU (cpu and gpu combined, so i can't tell how much WU i have with my cpu)
While that is the case for gaming, HT is huge when it comes to folding. Turn it back on, stabilize your OC again, and you will see what HT is for.
post #18 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digigami View Post
While that is the case for gaming, HT is huge when it comes to folding. Turn it back on, stabilize your OC again, and you will see what HT is for.
+2

Order Of checks I recommend.

1. Check your shortcut for -smp tag
2. Check your cpu usage for 100%
3. Go to HFM and check your details/How many CPU WU you have done.
4. Check your passkey
5 Check your Overclock for stability WITH HT ON!

If none of these fix your issue your answers to the above should give us enough info to get to the bottom of it for you.

Just so you know the difference between a i5 750 (4 cores, 4 threads) clocked at 4.0GHZ and a i7 875k (4 cores, 8 threads) is at least 10,000ppd with -bigadv on the 875k

    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E7500 Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2H 9800GTX+ Kingston HyperX 1066mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640GB Black + 1GB Green Samsung BlueRay W7 27" Curtis TV :P 
PowerCase
500w not good enough to remember NZXT Gamma Classic 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E7500 Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2H 9800GTX+ Kingston HyperX 1066mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640GB Black + 1GB Green Samsung BlueRay W7 27" Curtis TV :P 
PowerCase
500w not good enough to remember NZXT Gamma Classic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 25
Thread Starter 
my cpu OC is good, its the OC of my GPU that is bad
also i still game with this rig, so leaving the HT off for now
post #20 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by [T]yphoon View Post
my cpu OC is good, its the OC of my GPU that is bad
also i still game with this rig, so leaving the HT off for now
Games still work with HT on, lol.

How did you test your OC? 12 hours of prime, 50 runs of IBT with max memory?
Mk. IV
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Asus Rampage IV Extreme 2x Sapphire 7950 DualX 8GB (4x2GB) Corsair XMS3 DDR3-2000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Samsung F3 1TB RAID0, 2x Seagate 7200.11 500GB LG Black 22x Corsair H100 Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 46in TV Logitech G19 Corsair AX1200 Corsair 800D 
Mouse PadAudio
Borderlands pad, signed by production team Onkyo 5.1ch surround 
  hide details  
Reply
Mk. IV
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Asus Rampage IV Extreme 2x Sapphire 7950 DualX 8GB (4x2GB) Corsair XMS3 DDR3-2000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x Samsung F3 1TB RAID0, 2x Seagate 7200.11 500GB LG Black 22x Corsair H100 Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 46in TV Logitech G19 Corsair AX1200 Corsair 800D 
Mouse PadAudio
Borderlands pad, signed by production team Onkyo 5.1ch surround 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Overclock.net Folding@Home Team
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › need help! low PPD with i7 875K