Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › 560 Twin Frozr OR 560 DirectCU
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

560 Twin Frozr OR 560 DirectCU - Page 2

post #11 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisbodds View Post
Damn

What voltage did you go up to? Or were you just running the RAM really high?

RMA and tell them you don't even know what overclocking is?
wont they just replace it with a crap replacement though?

and im not sure, ive blown something though, it was running 940 ok. Then i went to 955 and BAM! artifacts in heaven driver froze system shutdown... not it just artifacts at its stock core and get really warm and just makes noises :/
post #12 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roweyi7 View Post
wont they just replace it with a crap replacement though?

and im not sure, ive blown something though, it was running 940 ok. Then i went to 955 and BAM! artifacts in heaven driver froze system shutdown... not it just artifacts at its stock core and get really warm and just makes noises :/
They'll replace it with the same card that you send in, so then you have the same chances of getting a good overclocker as you did when you first bought the card.

I think.
post #13 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisbodds View Post
...All I can say is that, at stock clocks, my original DirectCU card idles at below 20C. That's below ambient. The DirectCU II cooler looks like it should actually be better.
Please tell me how that is possible?
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Asus P8Z77M-Pro Sapphire 7970 Mushkin DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Crucial M4 Thermalright HR-02 Macho Accelero Xtreme Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 3007WFP-HC Deck Legend Ice Tactile Corsair AX650 Silverstone TJ08-E 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 SteelSeries QcK+ 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Asus P8Z77M-Pro Sapphire 7970 Mushkin DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Crucial M4 Thermalright HR-02 Macho Accelero Xtreme Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 3007WFP-HC Deck Legend Ice Tactile Corsair AX650 Silverstone TJ08-E 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 SteelSeries QcK+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebolamonkey3 View Post
Please tell me how that is possible?
Yeah, I'm not even sure it is possible.

That's when I haven't really given it time to warm up though. After switching on my PC without opening any programs or anything, and coming back 5 minutes later.
post #15 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisbodds View Post
Yeah, I'm not even sure it is possible.

That's when I haven't really given it time to warm up though. After switching on my PC without opening any programs or anything, and coming back 5 minutes later.
It's theoretically impossible.
Why you would even consider it might be right is beyond me.

Ontopic: They're both great coolers, i'd probably go for the MSI card.
post #16 of 21
Thread Starter 
my 460 used to idle at 17c guys on a good day? so yes it is possible ill provide a screenie for non-believers if wanted.
Anyway ellis, wont they send a crappy second hand one though? like mines immaculate apart for the actual hardware itself i guess. Won't they send some beaten up thing back as a replacement? ive had the same thing done with xbox's not that there the same but its the same principal. Anyway cheers ellis for the input mate!

EDIT: I think ill probably go for the twin frozr once i get rid of this 460 (which i really dont want to do, but for a newer 560 its worth it)
post #17 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluxe View Post
It's theoretically impossible.
Why you would even consider it might be right is beyond me.

Ontopic: They're both great coolers, i'd probably go for the MSI card.
Right, OK, it is theoretically impossible. But I'm just saying what I see. To get a real idle temperature I would have to switch on the PC with no background programs running whatsoever, and leave it for at least a few hours. Then I would get a proper idle temperature, which would probably be about 2C above ambient. It's stable at 0.937v at stock speeds, by the way.
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roweyi7 View Post
my 460 used to idle at 17c guys on a good day? so yes it is possible ill provide a screenie for non-believers if wanted.
Anyway ellis, wont they send a crappy second hand one though? like mines immaculate apart for the actual hardware itself i guess. Won't they send some beaten up thing back as a replacement? ive had the same thing done with xbox's not that there the same but its the same principal. Anyway cheers ellis for the input mate!

EDIT: I think ill probably go for the twin frozr once i get rid of this 460 (which i really dont want to do, but for a newer 560 its worth it)
I think their policy will be that they will send back something in as close condition to the one you returned, and I think most companies ask you to RMA without accessories. Whether or not they'll actually give you one in decent condition is a bit different.

Also, if you have enough spare cash to go for the 560 without selling the 460 first, how about you do that so you won't be without a card, then sell the 460 you get in replacement for the broken card? You'd end up with more cash at the end that way, just with not a lot at one point
post #19 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisbodds View Post
I think their policy will be that they will send back something in as close condition to the one you returned, and I think most companies ask you to RMA without accessories. Whether or not they'll actually give you one in decent condition is a bit different.

Also, if you have enough spare cash to go for the 560 without selling the 460 first, how about you do that so you won't be without a card, then sell the 460 you get in replacement for the broken card? You'd end up with more cash at the end that way, just with not a lot at one point
right thats it!

i'll see instore if they will replace it for a brand new one (im a valued customer at my local computer shop ). then if that fails ill RMA to asus, then sell it and buy a 560? then you will buy a 560 too and we can be brothers
post #20 of 21
Awesome

And yeah I would like a GTX 560, but they're a bit of a rip off at the moment if you ask me. The Asus DirectCU 560 would cost £100 more than I paid for my 460. :/
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › 560 Twin Frozr OR 560 DirectCU