Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › I dont like Metro 2033, only game to make my gtx 470 look like a complete joke
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I dont like Metro 2033, only game to make my gtx 470 look like a complete joke - Page 16

post #151 of 293
[QUOTE*snip*[/QUOTE]

Indeed. But then you also have individuals who declare bigger screen sizes are better than higher res, and also that i7 2600k creams 1366 and is a viable upgrade...

OCN seemed to be flooded with ignorance lately and I fear it will only rise again with the release of the 560ti

But hey, you do what you can I suppose right?

I'd be interested in posting what I can get in Metro 2033 after my 480 arrives
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2670 @ 2.8Ghz m4600 m5100 @ 1100c/1500m 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
c300 128GB SSD 2TB FireCuda 7mm 2TB Firecuda 7mm 1TB 5400rpm 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750GB 5400rpm Windows 10 x64  1920x1080 @90hz 150w 
Mouse
Corsair M40 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2670 @ 2.8Ghz m4600 m5100 @ 1100c/1500m 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
c300 128GB SSD 2TB FireCuda 7mm 2TB Firecuda 7mm 1TB 5400rpm 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750GB 5400rpm Windows 10 x64  1920x1080 @90hz 150w 
Mouse
Corsair M40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #152 of 293
Perhaps this is illustrative of the point ... at settings that are demonstrably HALF as difficult to run as 'maxed at 1080p', TWO 6870's in Crossfire still dip to 20fps at the toughest portion of the benchmark:



From:
http://www.overclock.net/11961621-post214.html

Or, we can look at this result and clearly see that in order to be 'perfectly smooth' at 1680x1050 with settings MUCH lower than 'maxed' ... requires two 6950's in Crossfire.



From:
http://www.overclock.net/benchmarkin...fficial-3.html

BTW ... ya shouldn't try to argue w/the brettjv when it comes to stuff like this
Edited by brettjv - 2/2/11 at 2:21pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon X5675 6-core @ 4.1ghz (1.29v, 20x205 +ht ) rampage iii extreme msi rx470 gaming X (the $159 budget king) 3 x 2gb corsair xms3 pc12800 (9-9-9-24-1T@1600MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
hynix 250gb ssd (boot), 2tb deskstar (apps),1tb... plextor px-712sa - still the best optical drive... corsair h8o v2 aio W10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
asus vw266h 25.5" (1920x1200) abs sl (enermax revolution) * single 70A rail 850w silverstone rv-03 XFi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon X5675 6-core @ 4.1ghz (1.29v, 20x205 +ht ) rampage iii extreme msi rx470 gaming X (the $159 budget king) 3 x 2gb corsair xms3 pc12800 (9-9-9-24-1T@1600MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
hynix 250gb ssd (boot), 2tb deskstar (apps),1tb... plextor px-712sa - still the best optical drive... corsair h8o v2 aio W10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
asus vw266h 25.5" (1920x1200) abs sl (enermax revolution) * single 70A rail 850w silverstone rv-03 XFi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #153 of 293
I dont think he's coming back... lol

edit: I loled
Edited by TheReciever - 2/2/11 at 2:22pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2670 @ 2.8Ghz m4600 m5100 @ 1100c/1500m 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
c300 128GB SSD 2TB FireCuda 7mm 2TB Firecuda 7mm 1TB 5400rpm 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750GB 5400rpm Windows 10 x64  1920x1080 @90hz 150w 
Mouse
Corsair M40 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2670 @ 2.8Ghz m4600 m5100 @ 1100c/1500m 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
c300 128GB SSD 2TB FireCuda 7mm 2TB Firecuda 7mm 1TB 5400rpm 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750GB 5400rpm Windows 10 x64  1920x1080 @90hz 150w 
Mouse
Corsair M40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #154 of 293
I'm not arguing with you brett, you're arguing with me.

Do you have my rig? no.

can you tell me what fps I get on MY rig at what settings? no.

until you can, continue to jerk off to how many threads youve started and how many rep points you can accumulate

The fact still remains, I play Metro at 1920 x 1080 at maxed settings no problem with my little 6870. Please post another irrelevant story and watch me laugh.

thanks for your time.
2010 Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1090T @ 3.6GHz MSI 890FXA-GD70 6870 @ 980MHz Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB @ 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x Seagate Barracuda 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB LG Black Series Windows 7 ASUS 22" 1080p 2ms LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000 Corsair TX750 Dark Fleet DF-10 Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse 1.0A 
  hide details  
Reply
2010 Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1090T @ 3.6GHz MSI 890FXA-GD70 6870 @ 980MHz Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB @ 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x Seagate Barracuda 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB LG Black Series Windows 7 ASUS 22" 1080p 2ms LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000 Corsair TX750 Dark Fleet DF-10 Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse 1.0A 
  hide details  
Reply
post #155 of 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by c010uredbi11s View Post
I'm not arguing with you brett, you're arguing with me.

Do you have my rig? no.

can you tell me what fps I get on MY rig at what settings? no.

until you can, continue to jerk off to how many threads youve started and how many rep points you can accumulate

The fact still remains, I play Metro at 1920 x 1080 at maxed settings no problem with my little 6870. Please post another irrelevant story and watch me laugh.

thanks for your time.
Sooo ... that's all you got?

Really?

Actually, yes, I can tell you roughly what FPS you'll get on your rig running Metro 2033. It's not rocket science, dude.

BTW ... where's your benchmark run at 1080p maxed btw?

It's funny, you want to insist your card can do this, and there's an easy way to prove it ... yet we're still waiting ... I wonder why

And nowhere did I mention how many threads I've started, or how many rep points I have. Nice use of ad-hominem fallacy in your little syllogism, though.

Ya know, I like it when people who are constitutionally incapable of admitting that they are wrong expose their true colors early in their tenure on OCN. That way I can direct my attention towards helping people who aren't defective in this regard.

Anyways, welcome to my ignore list ... hopefully you never need my help w/anything
Edited by brettjv - 2/2/11 at 3:49pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon X5675 6-core @ 4.1ghz (1.29v, 20x205 +ht ) rampage iii extreme msi rx470 gaming X (the $159 budget king) 3 x 2gb corsair xms3 pc12800 (9-9-9-24-1T@1600MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
hynix 250gb ssd (boot), 2tb deskstar (apps),1tb... plextor px-712sa - still the best optical drive... corsair h8o v2 aio W10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
asus vw266h 25.5" (1920x1200) abs sl (enermax revolution) * single 70A rail 850w silverstone rv-03 XFi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon X5675 6-core @ 4.1ghz (1.29v, 20x205 +ht ) rampage iii extreme msi rx470 gaming X (the $159 budget king) 3 x 2gb corsair xms3 pc12800 (9-9-9-24-1T@1600MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
hynix 250gb ssd (boot), 2tb deskstar (apps),1tb... plextor px-712sa - still the best optical drive... corsair h8o v2 aio W10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
asus vw266h 25.5" (1920x1200) abs sl (enermax revolution) * single 70A rail 850w silverstone rv-03 XFi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #156 of 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by c010uredbi11s View Post
I'm not arguing with you brett, you're arguing with me.

Do you have my rig? no.

can you tell me what fps I get on MY rig at what settings? no.

until you can, continue to jerk off to how many threads youve started and how many rep points you can accumulate

The fact still remains, I play Metro at 1920 x 1080 at maxed settings no problem with my little 6870. Please post another irrelevant story and watch me laugh.

thanks for your time.
ok, so maybe your opinion of silky smooth just isnt what most of believe it to be, and thats completely ok and all however most of here (as in the majority) believe anything over 60 FPS to be silky smooth, and some of us here prefer above that!

however you have still failed to provide us with a benchmark showing and validating your claim, so up to this point your opinion in this matter is still null and void.

An argument is basically a heated debate, however only one party here has provided FACTS.

Please show us your benchmarks, Im very interested to see what the results are

EDIT: ninja'ed me lol
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2670 @ 2.8Ghz m4600 m5100 @ 1100c/1500m 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
c300 128GB SSD 2TB FireCuda 7mm 2TB Firecuda 7mm 1TB 5400rpm 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750GB 5400rpm Windows 10 x64  1920x1080 @90hz 150w 
Mouse
Corsair M40 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2670 @ 2.8Ghz m4600 m5100 @ 1100c/1500m 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
c300 128GB SSD 2TB FireCuda 7mm 2TB Firecuda 7mm 1TB 5400rpm 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750GB 5400rpm Windows 10 x64  1920x1080 @90hz 150w 
Mouse
Corsair M40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #157 of 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettjv View Post
Anyways, welcome to my ignore list ... hopefully you never need my help w/anything
Finally

By the way I wasnt trying to start an argument by posting something in this thread. I would never post a false statement regarding the fps I get in ANY game. in fact i've posted threads about games I was getting bad FPS and stuttering in, so the fact that you're implying that I'm lying or that I don't know how to turn the settings up on a PC game is pretty ridiculous. That being said, I agree with what Thereciever stated about everyone having different opinions on what 'silky smooth' is, and I'm sure you guys are more sensitive to that stuff than me. But the fact is, the game was maxed out and I was playing on 1920 by 1080. It was smooth. As far as only one party providing facts here, those facts have nothing to do with my rig. SO they are irrelevant. Thanks!
2010 Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1090T @ 3.6GHz MSI 890FXA-GD70 6870 @ 980MHz Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB @ 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x Seagate Barracuda 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB LG Black Series Windows 7 ASUS 22" 1080p 2ms LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000 Corsair TX750 Dark Fleet DF-10 Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse 1.0A 
  hide details  
Reply
2010 Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1090T @ 3.6GHz MSI 890FXA-GD70 6870 @ 980MHz Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB @ 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x Seagate Barracuda 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB LG Black Series Windows 7 ASUS 22" 1080p 2ms LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000 Corsair TX750 Dark Fleet DF-10 Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse 1.0A 
  hide details  
Reply
post #158 of 293
Then why bother filling in sig rig?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2670 @ 2.8Ghz m4600 m5100 @ 1100c/1500m 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
c300 128GB SSD 2TB FireCuda 7mm 2TB Firecuda 7mm 1TB 5400rpm 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750GB 5400rpm Windows 10 x64  1920x1080 @90hz 150w 
Mouse
Corsair M40 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2670 @ 2.8Ghz m4600 m5100 @ 1100c/1500m 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
c300 128GB SSD 2TB FireCuda 7mm 2TB Firecuda 7mm 1TB 5400rpm 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750GB 5400rpm Windows 10 x64  1920x1080 @90hz 150w 
Mouse
Corsair M40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #159 of 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReciever View Post
Then why bother filling in sig rig?
Maybe you didn't know this, but there's actually a HUGE variability in how the EXACT SAME HARDWARE PARTS perform!

You see, in our friend Bill's alternate-reality universe, your FPS is not determined by your actual hardware, but rather, by who that hardware is physically sitting in front of!

Ergo, in his mind, it's impossible for anyone to look at someone's else's sig rig and predict anything about how it's going to perform in any given game or scenario

So, he doesn't know why people post sig rigs, cause it doesn't mean anything in his world. He probably never even thought about it before ... it's just a bunch of gibberish, meaningless numbers and letters and such to him.
Edited by brettjv - 2/2/11 at 7:12pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon X5675 6-core @ 4.1ghz (1.29v, 20x205 +ht ) rampage iii extreme msi rx470 gaming X (the $159 budget king) 3 x 2gb corsair xms3 pc12800 (9-9-9-24-1T@1600MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
hynix 250gb ssd (boot), 2tb deskstar (apps),1tb... plextor px-712sa - still the best optical drive... corsair h8o v2 aio W10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
asus vw266h 25.5" (1920x1200) abs sl (enermax revolution) * single 70A rail 850w silverstone rv-03 XFi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon X5675 6-core @ 4.1ghz (1.29v, 20x205 +ht ) rampage iii extreme msi rx470 gaming X (the $159 budget king) 3 x 2gb corsair xms3 pc12800 (9-9-9-24-1T@1600MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
hynix 250gb ssd (boot), 2tb deskstar (apps),1tb... plextor px-712sa - still the best optical drive... corsair h8o v2 aio W10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
asus vw266h 25.5" (1920x1200) abs sl (enermax revolution) * single 70A rail 850w silverstone rv-03 XFi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #160 of 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettjv View Post
Dude, this guy isn't going to get your point.

Obviously he's under the impression that there's this HUGE variability in how the EXACT SAME HARDWARE PARTS perform.

You see, in our friend Bill's alternate-reality universe, your FPS is not determined by your actual hardware, but rather, by who that hardware is physically sitting in front of.

Ergo, in his mind, it's impossible for anyone to look at someone's else's sig rig and predict anything about how it's going to perform in any given game or scenario.
I lamoed. Ahh the future of America looks bright.

Why bother making an argument if your not able to back your claim?

Thats an equivalent to a chihuahua I would think.

*le sighs*

EDIT: but in any case, it must be nice having the nicest set up around
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2670 @ 2.8Ghz m4600 m5100 @ 1100c/1500m 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
c300 128GB SSD 2TB FireCuda 7mm 2TB Firecuda 7mm 1TB 5400rpm 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750GB 5400rpm Windows 10 x64  1920x1080 @90hz 150w 
Mouse
Corsair M40 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2670 @ 2.8Ghz m4600 m5100 @ 1100c/1500m 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
c300 128GB SSD 2TB FireCuda 7mm 2TB Firecuda 7mm 1TB 5400rpm 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750GB 5400rpm Windows 10 x64  1920x1080 @90hz 150w 
Mouse
Corsair M40 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › I dont like Metro 2033, only game to make my gtx 470 look like a complete joke