Originally Posted by Rockin Z28
lol @ all the comments "8800gt will MAYBE be able to play it at 800x600 low settings"..judging from the trailer the first crysis looks better visually..and i ran just fine VERY HIGH settings (albeit at like 1280x960) with an 8800GT..the 8800gt isnt an intel onboard graphics card, for all intensive purposes an 8800gt is still a monster
minimum requirements for crysis 1:
- OS - Windows XP or Windows Vista
- Processor - pentium 4 2.8 GHz or faster (XP) or 3.2 GHz or faster* (Vista) or amd equivalent
- Memory - 1.0 GB RAM (XP) or 1.5 GB RAM (Vista)
- Video Card -256 MB 6800gt or better
- Hard Drive - 12GB
- Sound Card - DirectX 9.0c compatible
if you used this hardware in crysis 1 you would get about 10 fps at 800x600 at lowest settings.
minimum requirements for crysis 2:
- Internet connection to play the game, to install and get online
- OS: XP / Vista / Windows 7
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GHz, AMD Athlon 64 X2 2 GHz or higher
- GPU : Nvidia 8800 GT 512 MB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 3850 512 MB of RAM or better
- 2 GB RAM
- Hard Drive: 9 GB
- DVD ROM: 8x
- Audio: DirectX 9.0c compatible
- Keyboard, Mouse or Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
It will only make sense for the performance of the minimum requirements for crysis 1 to perform like the minimum requirements for crysis 2. Expect to get poor frames if you use the minimum requirements for crysis 2.
I am not saying that other predictions on performance using the minimum requirements of crysis 2 to be invalid, i am just saying what seems to be the most logical.
Also, the only reason why consoles can even run the game with decent settings, is from extreme amounts of optimization, since the hardware in them are basically unchanged (except like the hdd and such) which allows more optimization to come into play. With all the different gpus and cpus and hardware that our computers have, optimization is a lot harder.Edited by Brian123 - 2/3/11 at 8:07pm