Been following this thread since I put my order in and thought it'd be a good time to chime in. Been using the Valor for 'bout 5 days now. I'm an avid SC2/CS player but also run about LoL and CoD with some of my mates so here are my thoughts on the Valor:
• Sensor @ 500dpi seems off quite a bit with negative acceleration but this changes in different games. 1000dpi, and 3500dpi seem perfect which works great for me because I only use 1000-1800dpi on my other mice anyway.
• LOD is close to 3.2mm on my Talent but on me ZOWIE spawn it is 2.1ish. So like the DA, this sensor is obviously really sensitive to different surfaces. Again, doesnt bother me since I <3 my Talent to death.
• Polling is showing up correctly. high 800s and progressively changes the faster/slower I move to 1000hz A couple other mice I use also do this too so I think it must be a way the firmware is programmed to lock the Hz. I can't notice a difference between this and a mouse thats locked @ 1000Hz so its not an issue.
• Easily the best switches of any mouse I have ever used.
• The shell feels like it's made of rubber and not coated. Best Ive ever felt.
• Mouse scroll is so so but I'm not picky about this so it doesn't bother me. Still feels solid regardless.
• Weight is WOWOWOW light with all the weights out. My mate says its the lightest mouse hes ever felt and I think he uses the WMO as his everyday setup.
• I have very very very slight wobble on a hard surface but my kinzu does as well now that I looked for it. On a pad though, no wobble at all.
• No scrapping either.
• Weight without any weights in came out to 87.4g. Trying to take a photo with my mobile but it's really blurry
• Each little weight is 5.2-5.4g
nyshark, I dont have any of your problems but i did order a deathadder from razer once and the sensor was acting exactly like how you were describing. When I plugged it in, the sensor would move without moving the actual mouse and the tracking just seemed way off. I had this happen to a MS mouse I had too. Microsoft and Razer both said that it was damage from bad shipping..... from being dropped too hard or shaken. In both cases I RMA'd and got completely working models without any issues. i was frustrated at first but after thinking about it for a little bit it was not their fault and couldnt hold that against them. Things like this happen. I'm sure PT will give you the same service.
btw, I'm swipping my mouse across my pad as fast as I can and it doesn't break tracking or malfunction one bit
also, the wandering cursor seems like you have EPP turned of through windows. you sure it's off mate? I had that issue with a Mionix mouse when EPP was turned on. Cursor would just travel across the screen without any movement from the mouse itself.
I'm gonna give this mouse a 7.5/10.... maybe an 8 once I get used to it some more. its damn near the most comfortable mouse I've ever held for a palm gripper.
Don't know guys. I would give them some time to work out the DPI issue if thats your main prob with the mouse. It's not like they're the first having movement issues with a new sensor especially one that's still a baby to us all and the other companies too
Another question I have is why some of you are chiming in, slandering puretrak, when you stated you havent even opened your box cause your just going to send it back right away. Browsing this thread, there are obviously people here saying they have no major problems and love the mouse like me. Seems a bit immature and stubborn.
Otherwise this is a great buy especially for 1000dpi, comfort and grip. I'm packin off for a LAN in a bit, when I get there I will let some people try it and report back their comments. should be pretty big (125-150 smelly blokes) so I should get some good feedback
Edited by MikeRELI - 6/24/11 at 1:57pm