Overclock.net banner

Puretrak Valor Information Thread

164K views 2K replies 144 participants last post by  thizito 
#1 ·
Quote:
-Ergonomic, sweat-proof shell design
-Solid 4-way mouse wheel system with ultra durable assembly
-Adjustable 7x10g weight tuning system
-Sensor: AVAGO ADNS-3090 w/PureTrak customized lens system for reduced lift-off distance
-Lift-Off Distance: 1.8mm - 2.3mm (surface dependent)
-Frames per Second: 6400
-Inches Per Second: 60
-Dots Per Inch: 800/1600/2400/3500dpi 500/1000/2000/3500(3500dpi maximum, no interpolation)
-Maximum Acceleration: 20G
-PerfectGlide performance enhancing mouse skates pre-installed
-1,000Hz (1ms) USB polling rate
-Connector: USB
-Buttons: 5 w/OMRON D2FC-F-7N D2FC-3M switches
-Dimensions: 117x75x45mm
-Cable length: 7ft/2.1m
-3 Year factory Warranty with optional 2 year extended warranty (max. 5 years)
-Operating System: Win2000/XP/VISTA/7 or Mac OS X v10.2 or greater
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureNick;13661280
Prelim tests for the Valor's A3090 sensor are below.

Perfect Control (meters/sec) @ 3.963
Malfunction Speed (meters/sec) @ 4.638

Specs recorded at 1000dpi. Not to be confused, this is not the set PC/MS of all A3090 sensor equipped mice.
http://www.puretrak.com/
Quote:
Hello Valor purchasers,

Firstly, we would like to greatly apologize for the delay/lack of updates regarding pre-ordering of the Valor and its shipping status. We understand there are many of you who are anxiously waiting and we greatly appreciate your patience. As the delays we are experiencing are unforeseen, we wanted to provide you with complete and accurate information rather than scattered or incomplete details regarding your order's status.

To further clarify, the EARLIEST estimated ship date which we provided was May 15th with the latest ship date being May 31st. These dates were drawn up based on several factors which included logistics (shipping) and federal certifications in several countries that vary in time. As we stated before, the total estimated time frame was between 5/15 & 5/31.

Our primary shipment for the Valor has been delayed due to unforeseen nature issues resulting from the extreme flooding throughout the Mississippi river; a primary logistics channel for overseas shipments to the Midwest. Original estimates allowed us to pin point the arrival date within 24 to 48 hours however due to the sheer magnitude of this natural disaster, we are gauging that the primary shipment will arrive and be cleared within the first week of June. We have been 100% assured by our logistics partner that our shipment will surpass and clear the delays by this time.

To further ensure we avoid any additional delay, we have arranged for a small emergency batch to be manufactured and sent directly to our office via express air shipping in the event the primary shipment surpasses our original estimation date.

Furthermore, we will be making it a point to update our customer base and community outlets every 48 hours with direct information on the current status of the Valor release. These updates can be found via our website (http://www.puretrak.com/) , Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/puretrak/), twitter (http://www.twitter.com/puretrak/) and via email message (email messages will only contain major updates to prevent spam).

We would like to thank everyone for their patience and understanding. We assure you that it will be well worth the wait and your patience will not go overlooked. If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns regarding your pre-order and it's status, please do not hesitate to ask via any of the various forms of contacts we have available.

#3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmxdex2020;12233027
What is this sensor going to be like? will it beat the avago 9500?
The Avago ADNS-3090 is pretty much a rebranded and updated ADNS-S3888 with an added 5G acceleration (total of 20G). Unlike the DA's sensor, this one will most likely be updated for the first few months based on any major problem reported.

In terms of consistency, the 3060/3080 are already superior to the 9500 on cloth, but at the cost of mouse correction/prediction. The 9500 has both a higher control and malfunction rate on hard surfaces, but does produce some minor acceleration which may be noticeable to the end user.

#4 ·
sound great, but I think that the 4 ways for scrolliong will make my Blood Pressure go high.
wink.gif

hope for non-glossy sides.

I think the mouse-feet will be great - puretrak known to be one of the most high quality feet replacement products.
smile.gif

costum lens is pretty useless I think, the default LoD of the 3090 is pretty low for reguler/gaming optical sensor, no?
but its good plus, for me - laser fan.
biggrin.gif

ergonomic shape with sweat-proof sheel - GREAT plus for me, really.

CANT FU**ing WAIT!
50-60$ mouse! OMG!
(this is a dream, yup?)

#5 ·
sorry for double posting, but to the guys that want to know how much weight:
"Hey guys! Nick here. We have seen quite a few emails regarding the weight of the mouse so I would like to clear that up on facebook first.

As a correction to the above posted weight of 230g for the mouse, the actual weight numbers of the mouse is below:

Cable/Weights Included: 165g
Cable/Weights Removed: 75g

The original weight above was posted by a staff member that was looking at the total package weight (this is the total weight of the retail pack and it's contents)."

#6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by avinin1;12233334
hope for non-glossy sides.
"SCULPTED, RIGHT-HAND ERGONOMIC DESIGN
-Developed with professional and casual gamers a like, our sweat-proof design and rubber side grips ensures your hand stays comfortable as well as planted.
"

This mouse looks very good. After going so long with razer/SS/Logitech mice sporting defective laser sensors I thought there was no hope. Then BAM the CM storm spawn and the puretrak mice are here to save the day with good sensors, low weight and low liftoff distances.

#7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp;12234083
"SCULPTED, RIGHT-HAND ERGONOMIC DESIGN
-Developed with professional and casual gamers a like, our sweat-proof design and rubber side grips ensures your hand stays comfortable as well as planted.
"

This mouse looks very good. After going so long with razer/SS/Logitech mice sporting defective laser sensors I thought there was no hope. Then BAM the CM storm spawn and the puretrak mice are here to save the day with good sensors, low weight and low liftoff distances.
You're going to like this:
Quote:
@ Skylit, the sensor position is nearly dead center to the mouse. The weight system will be towards the rear which will make this a bottom heavy mouse (when weights are in use). The mouse is completely center balanced when no weights are i......n use.

The durability of the scroll wheel will exceed industry standards even for gaming. We are using high grade encoders from Soundwell.

The Philips Twin Eye sensor was on our original consideration list and was actually fitted to a demo model we were playing with originally however during our testing we came across several alarming issues that we knew would drive our core gaming customers nuts. I'm not saying it's a bad sensor by any means as it does have a good feel to it, but the ADNS-3090 is quite possibly the best sensor on the market for our customer base. Great movement, practically zero acceleration, and a setting to remove prediction. It's also very friendly for updating and overall SROM designing. The only issue really is that the lift-off distance is a little high for an optical sensor but this was corrected with the design of our lens.

The DPI has not been 100% set yet hence the broad spectrum of feedback we're still looking to gather up to the point of final production. The original plan was to have the DPI settings @ 500/1200/1800/3500 but we settled on the 800/1200/2400/3500 because it's a steadier increase between each setting. You bring up a very good point and we will be sure to discuss this further with our players. It would be very easy for us to change the first 800dpi setting to a 500dpi. Thank you.

#8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylit;12236357
You're going to like this:
I was emailing nick about the mouse but he stopped replying, he must be busy on a forum or facebook replying to other people. Ironically my last question to him about the mouse was about the sensor position. Most other companies think the weight system is more important than the sensor position and think its okay to put the sensor in a stupid place to make room for teh uber weightz. Glad to hear its somewhat near the center.

But practically zero acceleration? PRACTICALLY?
sozo.gif

#9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp;12237069
I was emailing nick about the mouse but he stopped replying, he must be busy on a forum or facebook replying to other people. Ironically my last question to him about the mouse was about the sensor position. Most other companies think the weight system is more important than the sensor position and think its okay to put the sensor in a stupid place to make room for teh uber weightz. Glad to hear its somewhat near the center.

But practically zero acceleration? PRACTICALLY?
sozo.gif
It's an LED based Avago sensor, relax!

#10 ·
i am srsly pissed that there is no 450/400 dpi option. is the because of the sensor?
also the 4 way scroll seems unnecessary and non-gamer like.

#14 ·
^ You asked. I did.

ADJUSTABLE WEIGHT TUNING
-Heavy or light? You make the choice with seven, 10g (gram), barrel-style weights. Total of 70 grams!

#15 ·
srsly gizmo you totally jacked that.

#17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by v193r
View Post

i am srsly pissed that there is no 450/400 dpi option. is the because of the sensor?
also the 4 way scroll seems unnecessary and non-gamer like.

Apparently, it's based off of suggestion from an Avago engineer. Most likely the same reason the CM Spawn utilizes a 800 DPI low.

Quote:

"@Skylit - Exactly and to be dead honest, that is the only real reason we didn't push the CPI setting below 800 but this was going solely on the suggestions by the engineer we're working with at Avago. With that said, I have arranged for us... to do some tweaking and testing starting Monday of next week to see just how much the numbers are effected below 800. With the way this sensor was designed, I don't have a doubt in my mind that we can configure it properly to work at 500dpi without any performance hindering issues."

#18 ·
what is this new fad of 500dpi, its unheard of.
also thats some ******ed engineer. if i wanted fast sens id get an avago-9500.

#21 ·
I still find it hard to believe those weights, 75g (without cable/weights) sounds unrealistic for a mouse of that size (allthough it isn't that long), same goes for a 2.1m cable with only 20g.

I don't like 4-Way Wheels, imho they just can't compete with "normal" ones and tilt isn't really a suitable binding option for me.

I don't mind the weight tuning system if the mouse is really that light, center balance without weights is good but sucks for people who want a heavier mouse.
If you really want to include such a system it should be centered like in the MioniX Naos, allthough that makes a few things more complicated.

I don't have a need for an ergonomic palm-grip mouse, lets see if PureTrak can pull of a good mice and wait for the claw mouse.

@Skylit

What were your original questions, I don't have a facebook account, so I can only see the anwers from PureTrak but not the questions?

PS: That's how all mouse specs should look like.

#22 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by avinin1
View Post

beacause there is alot CS 1.6 players which play in low resolution and low resiolution of mouse (CPI).

and in CS you cannot also "cut cpi in half" - the lowest is 1, its simply 1:1.

800x600 resolution with 400DPI and 1 sensitivity is around 34 inches per 360 right? I use a pretty low sensitivity myself but that's pushing it IMO. But I guess you have a point.

#23 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Derp
View Post

800x600 resolution with 400DPI and 1 sensitivity is around 34 inches per 360 right? I use a pretty low sensitivity myself but that's pushing it IMO. But I guess you have a point.

41~ inches.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullveyr
View Post

@Skylit

What were your original questions, I don't have a facebook account, so I can only see the anwers from PureTrak but not the questions?

PS: That's how all mouse specs should look like.

Oh , I made that facebook just to ask a few questions lool

Quote:

@ Puretrak. Thank you for actually listing the specs down to the standard d2fc-f-7n microswitches.

I (and possibly others) would like to know:

- Sensor position
...- center of gravity (Nose heavy, bottom heavy, or balanced without weights)
- Scroll wheel durability.

Thank you.

Quote:

Also, is 800 DPI a hardware limitation of the ADNS 3090?

It seems you have a custom SROM without interpolation, but don't scale all the way down to the 400/450 area. Is there a reason for this?

#24 ·
Not really digging the scroll but the sensor is pretty fine. 800 DPI doesn't really bother me since I don't play 1.6. I just turn down the Windows sensitivity and use raw input in CSS and TF2. The shape looks similar to the CM Spawn or is that just the angle?

#25 ·
The outlines of the mouse looks like a Ozone Radon 5k

2cptczs.jpg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.