Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › Is Dx11 worth it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is Dx11 worth it? - Page 6

post #51 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jov4nTh3Yu9o View Post
I apologize for that, I was comparing it to the 5870, I was trying to make a point that going from dx10 to dx11 decreases framerates
In that one game. Who cares? Metro sucks anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jov4nTh3Yu9o View Post
Yea I paid like 250 for this card, and this was the second best card at its time, so no I think I got a pretty good deal compared to the $500 they're asking for the 580 or the $700 they want for the 5970... And the point I'm trying to make is I see almost no difference in dx11 than in dx10 aside from in Unigine Heaven, so i don't think dx11 is worth it for the moment, maybe when they drop the prices by a good $100-$150, I'll consider buying a 6990, the only reason I posted this thread was to see If I should upgrade my gpu..
If you don't feel that you need a new video card then don't buy one. I know that when I owned a 4870x2 I wanted more performance reliably.

You are also comparing the price that you paid for your card used and probably around the time that 5870 hit the market. If you want a bleeding edge card you are going to pay for it but there are great single gpu options that will blow that x2 out of the water.

You keep spewing all of this crap about dx11 and you don't know much about it and don't even own a card that supports it.
Edited by BababooeyHTJ - 2/3/11 at 4:21pm
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H MSI TF3 7950 Tri-fire Samsung 30nm 4x4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 320 160GB and a few samsung platters Windows7 x64 Catleap Q270 Rosewill mechanical 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850 Xigmatek Elysium Razer Deathadder Puretrak talent 
Audio
Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H MSI TF3 7950 Tri-fire Samsung 30nm 4x4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 320 160GB and a few samsung platters Windows7 x64 Catleap Q270 Rosewill mechanical 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850 Xigmatek Elysium Razer Deathadder Puretrak talent 
Audio
Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #52 of 62
Thread Starter 
Quote:
If you don't feel that you need a new video card then don't buy one. I know that when I owned a 4870x2 I wanted more performance reliably.

You are also comparing the price that you paid for your card used and probably around the time that 5870 hit the market. If you want a bleeding edge card you are going to pay for it but there are great single gpu options that will blow that x2 out of the water.

You keep spewing all of this crap about dx11 and you don't know much about it and don't even own a card that supports it.
The only point I'm making here is that everyone is buying dx11 cards when not that many dx11 games have come out. And by the time dx11 is mainstream in all games your cards will be obsolete, because by then gpu's will have become at least become twice as efficient. And if you don't like my opinions of what I have to say, why do you keep coming back to post your arguments?
El Computron
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Asus P8Z77V-LK 980 ti SLI Gskill Ripjaws 16gb  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
1 TB (2X500 RAID 0) Seagate Barracuda OCZ Vector 150 120 gb 2 LG DVD drives XSPC rasa 240 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Asus VG278 144hz Razer BlackWidow Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF X Razer Gaming Mouse Raytheon Pad Asus Xonar DX 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
El Computron
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Asus P8Z77V-LK 980 ti SLI Gskill Ripjaws 16gb  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
1 TB (2X500 RAID 0) Seagate Barracuda OCZ Vector 150 120 gb 2 LG DVD drives XSPC rasa 240 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Asus VG278 144hz Razer BlackWidow Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF X Razer Gaming Mouse Raytheon Pad Asus Xonar DX 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #53 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jov4nTh3Yu9o View Post
The only point I'm making here is that everyone is buying dx11 cards when not that many dx11 games have come out. And by the time dx11 is mainstream in all games your cards will be obsolete, because by then gpu's will have become at least become twice as efficient. And if you don't like my opinions of what I have to say, why do you keep coming back to post your arguments?
Ok, what is your point? Who is buying these cards just for DX11 support? There are plenty of cards on the market that will slap around your beloved x2 in DX9 apps.

The list of DX11 titles seems to be growing pretty rapidly btw.
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H MSI TF3 7950 Tri-fire Samsung 30nm 4x4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 320 160GB and a few samsung platters Windows7 x64 Catleap Q270 Rosewill mechanical 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850 Xigmatek Elysium Razer Deathadder Puretrak talent 
Audio
Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H MSI TF3 7950 Tri-fire Samsung 30nm 4x4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 320 160GB and a few samsung platters Windows7 x64 Catleap Q270 Rosewill mechanical 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850 Xigmatek Elysium Razer Deathadder Puretrak talent 
Audio
Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #54 of 62
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Ok, what is your point? Who is buying these cards just for DX11 support? There are plenty of cards on the market that will slap around your beloved x2 in DX9 apps
Ok so you bought your 6950 just to play games in dx9??? If so then thats sad bro... I honestly don't care how other cards would destroy my x2.. I can still get 60fps with vsync on all my games maxed out...
El Computron
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Asus P8Z77V-LK 980 ti SLI Gskill Ripjaws 16gb  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
1 TB (2X500 RAID 0) Seagate Barracuda OCZ Vector 150 120 gb 2 LG DVD drives XSPC rasa 240 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Asus VG278 144hz Razer BlackWidow Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF X Razer Gaming Mouse Raytheon Pad Asus Xonar DX 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
El Computron
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Asus P8Z77V-LK 980 ti SLI Gskill Ripjaws 16gb  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
1 TB (2X500 RAID 0) Seagate Barracuda OCZ Vector 150 120 gb 2 LG DVD drives XSPC rasa 240 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Asus VG278 144hz Razer BlackWidow Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF X Razer Gaming Mouse Raytheon Pad Asus Xonar DX 7.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #55 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jov4nTh3Yu9o View Post
The only point I'm making here is that everyone is buying dx11 cards when not that many dx11 games have come out. And by the time dx11 is mainstream in all games your cards will be obsolete, because by then gpu's will have become at least become twice as efficient. And if you don't like my opinions of what I have to say, why do you keep coming back to post your arguments?
You assume people don't use there DX11 cards on anything but DX 11 games? I'm pretty sure that DX 11 cards can crush DX 9 and 10 games far worse then any DX 10 cards, while still being able to play DX 11. Most people just like to upgrade as this is their hobby. When you have a job and don't rely on mom and pops anymore you can do these things.
High Voltage
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I7 920 4.4GHZ Evga X58 3X SLI XFX RADEON HD 7970 6 gigs of ocz 1600 ddr3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
2 60 gb phoenix pros raid 0 samsung W7 64 bit Corsair 950 TX 
Case
HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
High Voltage
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I7 920 4.4GHZ Evga X58 3X SLI XFX RADEON HD 7970 6 gigs of ocz 1600 ddr3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
2 60 gb phoenix pros raid 0 samsung W7 64 bit Corsair 950 TX 
Case
HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
post #56 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jov4nTh3Yu9o View Post
The only point I'm making here is that everyone is buying dx11 cards when not that many dx11 games have come out. And by the time dx11 is mainstream in all games your cards will be obsolete, because by then gpu's will have become at least become twice as efficient. And if you don't like my opinions of what I have to say, why do you keep coming back to post your arguments?
No actually I have no interest in DX11, I purchased my card as its fast in DX9,10 and the odd 11. Its basically twice the frame rate of my previous card.

The fact it has DX11 is a side issue to me as there are not many DX11 games atm as you point out, and the titles with DX11 it adds very little value as you prob agree.

You are assuming people are upgrading because of DX11, for most people you would be wrong.
Borris
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 920@4GHz Gigabyte UD3 Zotac GTX580 @900 core 24/7 (950 afterburner only) 6Gig 
Hard Drive
80GB Intel SSD +2TB 
  hide details  
Reply
Borris
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 920@4GHz Gigabyte UD3 Zotac GTX580 @900 core 24/7 (950 afterburner only) 6Gig 
Hard Drive
80GB Intel SSD +2TB 
  hide details  
Reply
post #57 of 62
its not like all the people are upgrading because dx11 has come to the market

first, some people do upgrade who can afford easily, or who just want to

second, some people who need an upgrade, or who upgrade after some noticeable time, usually go for the latest hardware,
and an additional reason for an upgrade maybe that some want their card to sell at reasonable price
now OP, what u cud've got for ur 4870x2 an year ago, u wont even get half of it now

in fact i old my 4850 6 months before, bought it for $195 (in indian currency), and sold it for $100

so its not all about dx11, its also about money who have constraints over it(like me)
I Gave it ALL
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1090t stock MSI 890GXM-G65 Sapphire 5850 (asus bios) + sapphire 5850 Corsair XMS3 1600  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
SEAGATE 500 GB  Western Digital Green LG W 7 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
BenQ 21.5" 1920x1080 LED Razer Arctosa Corsair TX 750 V2 Logitech G300 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
I Gave it ALL
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1090t stock MSI 890GXM-G65 Sapphire 5850 (asus bios) + sapphire 5850 Corsair XMS3 1600  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
SEAGATE 500 GB  Western Digital Green LG W 7 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
BenQ 21.5" 1920x1080 LED Razer Arctosa Corsair TX 750 V2 Logitech G300 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #58 of 62
DX11 is nice, because simply the number 11>10>9

looks better? "should be"

Why buy a DX11 card, because they are overall significantly faster than DX10 cards.
I have 6 cards in the past 13 mons not because DX11, but one would always want faster setups.
Main Rig V 6.8
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6850K @ 4.4Ghz Asus Rog Rampage V Extreme U3.1 GTX 1080 Ti @ 2050/6000 Corsair Vengance LPX 16GB DDR4-2800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 600P 512GB NVMe Samsung 850 PRO 256GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB WD Caviar Black 640GB X2 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H115i AIO Windows 10 Pro x64 Philips BDM4350UC 4K Monitor 10bit + LG IPS231P Corsair K70 LUX CherryMX Brown 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AX1200 80Plus Gold Thermaltake Core P3 Logitech G502 Proteus Core  ALC1150 Optical Out to Pioneer VSX-824-K 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig V 6.8
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6850K @ 4.4Ghz Asus Rog Rampage V Extreme U3.1 GTX 1080 Ti @ 2050/6000 Corsair Vengance LPX 16GB DDR4-2800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 600P 512GB NVMe Samsung 850 PRO 256GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB WD Caviar Black 640GB X2 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H115i AIO Windows 10 Pro x64 Philips BDM4350UC 4K Monitor 10bit + LG IPS231P Corsair K70 LUX CherryMX Brown 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AX1200 80Plus Gold Thermaltake Core P3 Logitech G502 Proteus Core  ALC1150 Optical Out to Pioneer VSX-824-K 
  hide details  
Reply
post #59 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
The list of DX11 titles seems to be growing pretty rapidly btw.
Yep growing faster than dx10 did. And I don't get why you are so fired up about this Jov4nTh3Yu9o.
Why do you care what people spend their money on? It seems like you are trying to convince yourself you don't need a new card(yours is old).
Edited by load81 - 2/4/11 at 1:35am
Rig 1
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 @ 4.2 Ga P55-Usb3 Evga 570 @ 940/2100 1.1v 8Gb Ripjaw 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Callisto 40gb SSD Boot-1Tb WD Black Lite-on Dvd-Rw Win 7 64-bit Lg Flatron W2486L 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse Corsair 650tx Corsair 800D airflow modded Logitech G500 
Mouse Pad
CS-M AK-47 DM 
  hide details  
Reply
Rig 1
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 @ 4.2 Ga P55-Usb3 Evga 570 @ 940/2100 1.1v 8Gb Ripjaw 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Callisto 40gb SSD Boot-1Tb WD Black Lite-on Dvd-Rw Win 7 64-bit Lg Flatron W2486L 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse Corsair 650tx Corsair 800D airflow modded Logitech G500 
Mouse Pad
CS-M AK-47 DM 
  hide details  
Reply
post #60 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by load81 View Post
Y
Why do you care what people spend their money on? It seems like you are trying to convince yourself you don't need a new card(yours is old).

might be a good reason
I Gave it ALL
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1090t stock MSI 890GXM-G65 Sapphire 5850 (asus bios) + sapphire 5850 Corsair XMS3 1600  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
SEAGATE 500 GB  Western Digital Green LG W 7 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
BenQ 21.5" 1920x1080 LED Razer Arctosa Corsair TX 750 V2 Logitech G300 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
I Gave it ALL
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1090t stock MSI 890GXM-G65 Sapphire 5850 (asus bios) + sapphire 5850 Corsair XMS3 1600  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
SEAGATE 500 GB  Western Digital Green LG W 7 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
BenQ 21.5" 1920x1080 LED Razer Arctosa Corsair TX 750 V2 Logitech G300 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Graphics Cards - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › Is Dx11 worth it?