Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock Marketplace › Freebies › The Swap Meet
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Swap Meet - Page 154  

post #1531 of 2085
I can see Reflex is frustrated with the amount of credits on certain items, but I feel XD is doing an excellent job getting a good system in place. It has turned out to very reasonable in my opinion and alot of kinks are being ironed out.

As for the comment on the Sempron 140 being faster, obviously it is, but some people might have a LGA775 motherboard that's highest upgrade path is a Pentium D and want to use Windows 7. They may not want to mess with getting a whole new motherboard/ram kit just for a Grandma OEM that has proprietary connectors.

As for the 7950gx2, it is a legendary card, but they are heat monster's that perform worse than modern cards that require no 6 pin. They have alot of value over say an 8400gs obviously, but they aren't worth mortgaging the farm in credits over.


Also,If XD wants to bump my 915 down to 1.25, then that is fine. I can live with that. I just want to help people out just like I have been helped.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700 MSI B150 Mortar Artic Zotac GTX 1060 3GB Crucial 8 GB DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256 Mushkin Triactor Pioneer BR-RW Windows 10 LTSB x64 Seiki 4K 60HZ 42 inch 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700 MSI B150 Mortar Artic Zotac GTX 1060 3GB Crucial 8 GB DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256 Mushkin Triactor Pioneer BR-RW Windows 10 LTSB x64 Seiki 4K 60HZ 42 inch 
  hide details  
post #1532 of 2085
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlee7283 View Post
I can see Reflex is frustrated with the amount of credits on certain items, but I feel XD is doing an excellent job getting a good system in place. It has turned out to very reasonable in my opinion and alot of kinks are being ironed out.

As for the comment on the Sempron 140 being faster, obviously it is, but some people might have a LGA775 motherboard that's highest upgrade path is a Pentium D and want to use Windows 7. They may not want to mess with getting a whole new motherboard/ram kit just for a Grandma OEM that has proprietary connectors.

As for the 7950gx2, it is a legendary card, but they are heat monster's that perform worse than modern cards that require no 6 pin. They have alot of value over say an 8400gs obviously, but they aren't worth mortgaging the farm in credits over.


Also,If XD wants to bump my 915 down to 1.25, then that is fine. I can live with that. I just want to help people out just like I have been helped.
I agree here. Don't you need at least an 8x00 card for CUDA as well? That's one major benefit of the later series cards even if they don't perform as well as some older ones.

Many are frustrated with the credit system but you have to cut it off somewhere to be fair. I think this thread has come a LONG way since it first started. If you base the value of an item here off of a perceived $ value, there would be never ending arguments as to what people think their item is worth. Furthermore, items can fluctuate in value rapidly with the ever changing PC market and it wouldn't be worth the effort to try and maintain this whole system if it were based off of a $ value.

I mean, a great example is all of the DDR2 SODIMMs in the OP. EVERYONE has a bunch of 512MB sticks laying around and they are basically worthless IMHO. Sure, you may get lucky and sell a few here and there for $5-10, but for the most part you can't even give them away. Now with that said, a 1GB stick still has some use yet they still don't sell well. If you simply bump up to a 2GB stick, you'll likely have people fighting over it.
Gill2kServer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600 ECS H61H2-TI Intel HD Graphics Mushkin 16gb (2x8gb) PC3-12800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
MyDigitalSSD BP4 256GB mSATA SSD (OS) Seagate Backup Plus 4TB Desktop External Hard D... Seagate Backup Plus 3TB Desktop External Hard D... Thermaltake Slim X3 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Two 19" Westinghouse LCM-19V5 LCD's Macally Dell 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Vesa ITX Case Logitech Wheel Mouse fUnc sUrface1030 Custom Onboard 
  hide details  
Gill2kServer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600 ECS H61H2-TI Intel HD Graphics Mushkin 16gb (2x8gb) PC3-12800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
MyDigitalSSD BP4 256GB mSATA SSD (OS) Seagate Backup Plus 4TB Desktop External Hard D... Seagate Backup Plus 3TB Desktop External Hard D... Thermaltake Slim X3 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Two 19" Westinghouse LCM-19V5 LCD's Macally Dell 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Vesa ITX Case Logitech Wheel Mouse fUnc sUrface1030 Custom Onboard 
  hide details  
post #1533 of 2085
Thread Starter 
512MB DDR2 sticks invaluable? Far from. My laptop supports a max 512MB. There may, however, be tons of DDR2 laptops available with maxes of 1GB or 1.5GB..... that's where the 512MB SODIMMs may be come much more useful. With some optimization and perhaps a Linux OS like in my case, 512MB-1GB can be totally usable.
post #1534 of 2085
512 ddrii sticks would rarely be an upgrade for anyone.
Alienware M9700
(14 items)
 
Wackbook pro
(12 items)
 
Mpowerlicous
(12 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
AMD Turion ML-42 2.4GHz AMD Turion ML-40 Alienware nForce3 2X nVidia GeForce Go 7900GS SLI 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
1GB DDR 333MHz Samsung Spinpoint 250GB Windows XP Professional 1920X1200 Integrated LCD 
Case
Alienware M9700 chassis 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 3615QM @2.3GHz Apple Logic Board Intel HD 4000 Nvidia GT 650M 512MB 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
16GB 1600MHz DDR3 500GB Samsung 840  OSX 10.10 1440x900  
PowerAudioAudioAudio
85W PSU Schiit Modi Schiit Magni 2 Über DT770 Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770K MSI Z77 Big Bang MPower Radeon R9 270X 4X4GB G.Skill  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel X25-V Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Life without walls? Who needs windows? Acer 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Raidmax RX-1000AE Brooks shoebox  Acer G500 
  hide details  
Alienware M9700
(14 items)
 
Wackbook pro
(12 items)
 
Mpowerlicous
(12 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
AMD Turion ML-42 2.4GHz AMD Turion ML-40 Alienware nForce3 2X nVidia GeForce Go 7900GS SLI 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
1GB DDR 333MHz Samsung Spinpoint 250GB Windows XP Professional 1920X1200 Integrated LCD 
Case
Alienware M9700 chassis 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 3615QM @2.3GHz Apple Logic Board Intel HD 4000 Nvidia GT 650M 512MB 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
16GB 1600MHz DDR3 500GB Samsung 840  OSX 10.10 1440x900  
PowerAudioAudioAudio
85W PSU Schiit Modi Schiit Magni 2 Über DT770 Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770K MSI Z77 Big Bang MPower Radeon R9 270X 4X4GB G.Skill  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel X25-V Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Life without walls? Who needs windows? Acer 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Raidmax RX-1000AE Brooks shoebox  Acer G500 
  hide details  
post #1535 of 2085
It's "The Swap Meet"

Not "The Store"

The system he has going on so far is great

This is where we all swap our older stuff or one-off stuff that we may have a hard time selling or giving to someone in need in a small local setting, but it is actually still very useful to people.

The lesser performance of some items is offset by the ability to actually find them. You're in the wrong place if you want to get rid of items with high current market value anyways. I doubt we'll see a 1090T up here anytime soon.

That being said, I have a 512mb stick of 333mhz DDR that I paid $45 for a few years back because my computer desperately needed it. Priced as such simply because DDR2 was all the rage and I could hardly find DDR anymore. I didn't need a whole computer (the "spend $800 on a new PC to save $20 on RAM" wasn't flying with me) though. THIS helps THOSE people. I wish I was here then.

Also, look at DDR2 nowadays. Priced MORE than DDR3... Is XD supposed to give DDR2 MORE credit because of that? His system is good and he is constantly adjusting and fixing it. I think he is doing great so far, if you have a problem with something being a half credit lower or higher than your opinion, it would be better served keeping it to yourself rather than nitpicking about something so trivial anyways.
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x2 560BE (unlocked to Phenom II x4 B60) Biostar TA890FXE Radeon HD5670 4GB (2x2GB) Kingston HyperX Blu 1600mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
64GB Crucial C300 SSD Hitachi HDD LG 24x Blu-Ray/DVD-DL Reader/Writer Cooler Master Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition Gateway FPD1730 Logitech G11 OCZ 600w Mod Xstream-Pro 
MouseAudio
Logitech M-UV69 Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro 
  hide details  
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x2 560BE (unlocked to Phenom II x4 B60) Biostar TA890FXE Radeon HD5670 4GB (2x2GB) Kingston HyperX Blu 1600mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
64GB Crucial C300 SSD Hitachi HDD LG 24x Blu-Ray/DVD-DL Reader/Writer Cooler Master Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition Gateway FPD1730 Logitech G11 OCZ 600w Mod Xstream-Pro 
MouseAudio
Logitech M-UV69 Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro 
  hide details  
post #1536 of 2085
kingofyo1's 120mm shroud are not available he said they got thrown out.
Fresh Phenom 007
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k ASUS Maximus Impact 7 GTX 470 G.Skill Trident 2400 Cas 9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Plextor M5 Western Digital 2.5" D5 Custom Loop Windows 8 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
50" HDTV Logitech K400R Silverstone SX-600-G Bitfenix Phenom M 
  hide details  
Fresh Phenom 007
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k ASUS Maximus Impact 7 GTX 470 G.Skill Trident 2400 Cas 9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Plextor M5 Western Digital 2.5" D5 Custom Loop Windows 8 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
50" HDTV Logitech K400R Silverstone SX-600-G Bitfenix Phenom M 
  hide details  
post #1537 of 2085
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizturbedOne View Post
It's "The Swap Meet"

Not "The Store"

The system he has going on so far is great

This is where we all swap our older stuff or one-off stuff that we may have a hard time selling or giving to someone in need in a small local setting, but it is actually still very useful to people.

The lesser performance of some items is offset by the ability to actually find them. You're in the wrong place if you want to get rid of items with high current market value anyways. I doubt we'll see a 1090T up here anytime soon.

That being said, I have a 512mb stick of 333mhz DDR that I paid $45 for a few years back because my computer desperately needed it. Priced as such simply because DDR2 was all the rage and I could hardly find DDR anymore. I didn't need a whole computer (the "spend $800 on a new PC to save $20 on RAM" wasn't flying with me) though. THIS helps THOSE people. I wish I was here then.

Also, look at DDR2 nowadays. Priced MORE than DDR3... Is XD supposed to give DDR2 MORE credit because of that? His system is good and he is constantly adjusting and fixing it. I think he is doing great so far, if you have a problem with something being a half credit lower or higher than your opinion, it would be better served keeping it to yourself rather than nitpicking about something so trivial anyways.
DDRII 512 sticks are going to sit unclaimed until the end of time.

There are very few DDRII based systems that shipped with less than 1gb of ram
Alienware M9700
(14 items)
 
Wackbook pro
(12 items)
 
Mpowerlicous
(12 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
AMD Turion ML-42 2.4GHz AMD Turion ML-40 Alienware nForce3 2X nVidia GeForce Go 7900GS SLI 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
1GB DDR 333MHz Samsung Spinpoint 250GB Windows XP Professional 1920X1200 Integrated LCD 
Case
Alienware M9700 chassis 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 3615QM @2.3GHz Apple Logic Board Intel HD 4000 Nvidia GT 650M 512MB 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
16GB 1600MHz DDR3 500GB Samsung 840  OSX 10.10 1440x900  
PowerAudioAudioAudio
85W PSU Schiit Modi Schiit Magni 2 Über DT770 Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770K MSI Z77 Big Bang MPower Radeon R9 270X 4X4GB G.Skill  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel X25-V Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Life without walls? Who needs windows? Acer 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Raidmax RX-1000AE Brooks shoebox  Acer G500 
  hide details  
Alienware M9700
(14 items)
 
Wackbook pro
(12 items)
 
Mpowerlicous
(12 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
AMD Turion ML-42 2.4GHz AMD Turion ML-40 Alienware nForce3 2X nVidia GeForce Go 7900GS SLI 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
1GB DDR 333MHz Samsung Spinpoint 250GB Windows XP Professional 1920X1200 Integrated LCD 
Case
Alienware M9700 chassis 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i7 3615QM @2.3GHz Apple Logic Board Intel HD 4000 Nvidia GT 650M 512MB 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
16GB 1600MHz DDR3 500GB Samsung 840  OSX 10.10 1440x900  
PowerAudioAudioAudio
85W PSU Schiit Modi Schiit Magni 2 Über DT770 Pro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770K MSI Z77 Big Bang MPower Radeon R9 270X 4X4GB G.Skill  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel X25-V Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Life without walls? Who needs windows? Acer 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Raidmax RX-1000AE Brooks shoebox  Acer G500 
  hide details  
post #1538 of 2085
Quote:
Originally Posted by reflex99 View Post
DDRII 512 sticks are going to sit unclaimed until the end of time.

There are very few DDRII based systems that shipped with less than 1gb of ram
I've had 3 laptops that shipped with less than 1GB. One of which had 768MB on Vista Home Premium...

I find 512 sticks handy. Infact, I'd claim some desktop ones if I had credits. I had to buy some instead from eBay. 4x worthless 512MB sticks are cheaper than 2x 1GB sticks.
Misery Business
(20 items)
 
Anklebiters
(5 items)
 
Ignorance
(9 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-3630QM Nvidia GT640M 2GB 8GB DDR3-1600 Sandisk Plus 240GB 
OS
Windows 10 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Pentium Dual-Core T3200 Intel GMA4500MHD 4GB DDR2-667 120GB Kingston V300 SSD 
Optical DriveOSMonitorCase
HL-DT-ST GSA-T50N DVD-RW Windows 8.1 64-bit 15.4" 1280x800 Toshiba Satellite L300D (recased) 
Other
Intel WiFi Link 5100 agn 
  hide details  
Misery Business
(20 items)
 
Anklebiters
(5 items)
 
Ignorance
(9 items)
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-3630QM Nvidia GT640M 2GB 8GB DDR3-1600 Sandisk Plus 240GB 
OS
Windows 10 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Pentium Dual-Core T3200 Intel GMA4500MHD 4GB DDR2-667 120GB Kingston V300 SSD 
Optical DriveOSMonitorCase
HL-DT-ST GSA-T50N DVD-RW Windows 8.1 64-bit 15.4" 1280x800 Toshiba Satellite L300D (recased) 
Other
Intel WiFi Link 5100 agn 
  hide details  
post #1539 of 2085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markeh View Post
I've had 3 laptops that shipped with less than 1GB. One of which had 768MB on Vista Home Premium...

I find 512 sticks handy. Infact, I'd claim some desktop ones if I had credits. I had to buy some instead from eBay. 4x worthless 512MB sticks are cheaper than 2x 1GB sticks.
I'm primarily talking about SODIMM, and we can see in the spreadsheet that there are loads of them there unclaimed. They are trash bin items anymore.
Gill2kServer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600 ECS H61H2-TI Intel HD Graphics Mushkin 16gb (2x8gb) PC3-12800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
MyDigitalSSD BP4 256GB mSATA SSD (OS) Seagate Backup Plus 4TB Desktop External Hard D... Seagate Backup Plus 3TB Desktop External Hard D... Thermaltake Slim X3 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Two 19" Westinghouse LCM-19V5 LCD's Macally Dell 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Vesa ITX Case Logitech Wheel Mouse fUnc sUrface1030 Custom Onboard 
  hide details  
Gill2kServer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600 ECS H61H2-TI Intel HD Graphics Mushkin 16gb (2x8gb) PC3-12800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
MyDigitalSSD BP4 256GB mSATA SSD (OS) Seagate Backup Plus 4TB Desktop External Hard D... Seagate Backup Plus 3TB Desktop External Hard D... Thermaltake Slim X3 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Two 19" Westinghouse LCM-19V5 LCD's Macally Dell 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Vesa ITX Case Logitech Wheel Mouse fUnc sUrface1030 Custom Onboard 
  hide details  
post #1540 of 2085
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillbot View Post
I'm primarily talking about SODIMM, and we can see in the spreadsheet that there are loads of them there unclaimed. They are trash bin items anymore.
maybe they should be given less credit value but still listed on the spreadsheet incase you run across a customer that has 512 ram and has a slot for another 512. You never know
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700 MSI B150 Mortar Artic Zotac GTX 1060 3GB Crucial 8 GB DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256 Mushkin Triactor Pioneer BR-RW Windows 10 LTSB x64 Seiki 4K 60HZ 42 inch 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700 MSI B150 Mortar Artic Zotac GTX 1060 3GB Crucial 8 GB DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256 Mushkin Triactor Pioneer BR-RW Windows 10 LTSB x64 Seiki 4K 60HZ 42 inch 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Freebies
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock Marketplace › Freebies › The Swap Meet