Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [EA]BF3 ships Fall 2011 - Updated 15/02/11 + New Interview/Twitter Stuff
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[EA]BF3 ships Fall 2011 - Updated 15/02/11 + New Interview/Twitter Stuff - Page 52

post #511 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandVet View Post
I believe that BC2 was the only game that profited (oh so slightly) from an i7 2600k over a i5 2500k (only difference is hyperthreading)...

BC2 does use more than 4 threads.
It does, but it's not necessary. My E8400 ran it very well. BC2 is mostly the reason I upgraded to my Q6600 and it didn't make that much of a difference. Then I bought an Accelero cooler for my 4870X2, overclocked it a little and THAT made a huge difference. I'd say BC2 is much heavier on the GPU and someone with a stock E8400 + 5850 would be able to enjoy it with very smooth performance. Overall for being a "console port" BC2 runs very well when you consider how intense the destruction and environmental effects are.
Gaming Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k, 4.6GHz, 1.304v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 2x Sapphire HD7970 OC with Boost, 1150 MHz/1550... 2x4GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 750GB HD753LJ Samsung F3 ASUS 24X DVD Combo Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua DH14 Windows 8 Professional x64 Crossover 27Q 27" IPS LED, 2560x1440 Logitech G11 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 Cooler Master HAF932 Logitech G500 Custom 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty 2x Dayton B652 Bookshelf Dayton DTA-100A Amplifier Dayton 12" SUB-1200 Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k, 4.6GHz, 1.304v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 2x Sapphire HD7970 OC with Boost, 1150 MHz/1550... 2x4GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Samsung 750GB HD753LJ Samsung F3 ASUS 24X DVD Combo Drive 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua DH14 Windows 8 Professional x64 Crossover 27Q 27" IPS LED, 2560x1440 Logitech G11 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 Cooler Master HAF932 Logitech G500 Custom 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty 2x Dayton B652 Bookshelf Dayton DTA-100A Amplifier Dayton 12" SUB-1200 Subwoofer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #512 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Pyros View Post
It does, but it's not necessary. My E8400 ran it very well. BC2 is mostly the reason I upgraded to my Q6600 and it didn't make that much of a difference. Then I bought an Accelero cooler for my 4870X2, overclocked it a little and THAT made a huge difference. I'd say BC2 is much heavier on the GPU and someone with a stock E8400 + 5850 would be able to enjoy it with very smooth performance. Overall for being a "console port" BC2 runs very well when you consider how intense the destruction and environmental effects are.
dice devs said that anything over 2 cores would see diminishing returns, the game prefers higher clocks than extra cores.

a higher clocked dual core will beat out a tri core and possibly quad core.

battlefield 3 is a completely PC designed engine designed to take advantage of PC features, expect full multicore optimization and memory.

They recommend 64bit. That is one of the best parts.
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #513 of 611
I can see the future Forum Titles...

BF3 Ships 2011 & Fails...
The Rock
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
The Rock
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
post #514 of 611
Things I don't like so far:

-4 classes
-no mod tools planned
-commander possibly removed and abilities distributed to classes like BC2
-on map assets possibly removed

It looks to much like BC2
Omicron Lyrae
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X3 720 BE @3.6 Asus M4A785TD-V EVO Sapphire HD5770 V2 OCZ 2x2GB Gold DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Sony Lightscribe DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64-bit AOC F22+ 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry Scissor Switch Flat Keyboard OCZ StealthXstream 600W Cooler Master Elite 334 Microsoft Sidewinder 
  hide details  
Reply
Omicron Lyrae
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X3 720 BE @3.6 Asus M4A785TD-V EVO Sapphire HD5770 V2 OCZ 2x2GB Gold DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Sony Lightscribe DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64-bit AOC F22+ 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry Scissor Switch Flat Keyboard OCZ StealthXstream 600W Cooler Master Elite 334 Microsoft Sidewinder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #515 of 611
i am really still upset that there will most likely be no mod tools, they say that they are too complicated. But, come on, have you seen some of the coders and modders we have around.
Sharkbait
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k OC 4.6 Asrock p67 extreme 4 gen 3 Asus GTX 670 DirectCU ii top sli 16gb gskill ripsaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
3xWD RE4 2tb Crucial M4 128gb none Corsair h80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit HP ZR30w 30" IPS Corsair vengeance k60 Corsair hx850 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li Lancool DragonLord K62R1 Corsair vengeance m60 Razor Large ASUS Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
Sharkbait
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k OC 4.6 Asrock p67 extreme 4 gen 3 Asus GTX 670 DirectCU ii top sli 16gb gskill ripsaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
3xWD RE4 2tb Crucial M4 128gb none Corsair h80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit HP ZR30w 30" IPS Corsair vengeance k60 Corsair hx850 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li Lancool DragonLord K62R1 Corsair vengeance m60 Razor Large ASUS Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #516 of 611
^^^exactly^^^ a battlefield game isnt the same without its huge modding community
post #517 of 611
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by downlinx View Post
i am really still upset that there will most likely be no mod tools, they say that they are too complicated. But, come on, have you seen some of the coders and modders we have around.
That's not the main reason. The biggest issue is value for money. Actual sales are unlikely to be seriously effected by cutting mod tools and it means there are no DLC conflicts of interest.

However, what was said is that they are looking at changing they ways modding works. This may mean releasing files that allow modders to build their own apps/tools, similar to they do with gameserver managers.
post #518 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiru View Post
Things I don't like so far:

-4 classes
-no mod tools planned
-commander possibly removed and abilities distributed to classes like BC2
-on map assets possibly removed

It looks to much like BC2
classes are not a problem. Each class can be basically divided into mini classes based on the unlocks chosen, just like bf2142.

Also. Unlocks are going to be persistant and skill trees will be permanent choices that alter the way your character is played, and you wont be able to unlock them all.

See battlefield play4free for an example, only the bf3 is going to be much more detailed. Also you saw the beginnings in bf2142 where you could unlock squad leader upgrades and player enhancements like more stamina, faster regen, extra grenade, ammo, etc.

Similar to RPG leveling, you perk your upgrades and they are permanent, perhaps they will provide some sort of respec after so many levels.

This means that 1 assault class could have an entirely different skill tree setup making him a better marksmen, or into grenadier, while another could be focused on close combat.
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #519 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhati View Post
classes are not a problem. Each class can be basically divided into mini classes based on the unlocks chosen, just like bf2142.

Also. Unlocks are going to be persistant and skill trees will be permanent choices that alter the way your character is played, and you wont be able to unlock them all.

See battlefield play4free for an example, only the bf3 is going to be much more detailed. Also you saw the beginnings in bf2142 where you could unlock squad leader upgrades and player enhancements like more stamina, faster regen, extra grenade, ammo, etc.

Similar to RPG leveling, you perk your upgrades and they are permanent, perhaps they will provide some sort of respec after so many levels.

This means that 1 assault class could have an entirely different skill tree setup making him a better marksmen, or into grenadier, while another could be focused on close combat.
I really, really, doubt that they will copy BFP4F's model. This isn't an RPG ffs. I want to be able to change my load out on the go, not make 100 soldiers for each purpose and having to log out and log back in to switch soldiers.
Omicron Lyrae
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X3 720 BE @3.6 Asus M4A785TD-V EVO Sapphire HD5770 V2 OCZ 2x2GB Gold DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Sony Lightscribe DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64-bit AOC F22+ 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry Scissor Switch Flat Keyboard OCZ StealthXstream 600W Cooler Master Elite 334 Microsoft Sidewinder 
  hide details  
Reply
Omicron Lyrae
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X3 720 BE @3.6 Asus M4A785TD-V EVO Sapphire HD5770 V2 OCZ 2x2GB Gold DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Sony Lightscribe DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64-bit AOC F22+ 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry Scissor Switch Flat Keyboard OCZ StealthXstream 600W Cooler Master Elite 334 Microsoft Sidewinder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #520 of 611
Add this too

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/08/ba...leading-on-pc/

I think it was pretty much a given that BF3 was gonna have dedicated servers, but it's confirmed now.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [EA]BF3 ships Fall 2011 - Updated 15/02/11 + New Interview/Twitter Stuff