Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Sandy Bridge: What the hell happened? (Should I bother or wait?)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sandy Bridge: What the hell happened? (Should I bother or wait?) - Page 4

post #31 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixlight;12257832 
You shouldn't use Microcenter prices because only a small percentage of people are able to buy from there.

But almost anyone can add either $30 to their own price to buy from someplace like newegg, or pay someone $10 to ship it where they are. smile.gif I have shipped 30+ i7 9x0 series CPUs across the US, new zealand, and romania.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am*;12258692 
You said yourself nobody can predict the performance or price of the Bulldozer chips, the part where you contradicted yourself was when you said people won't save much if any money by waiting for the Bulldozer. You cannot possible know that unless you've tested or are co-developing the flagship processor with AMD, which I very much doubt you've done.

Are you kidding? The pricing of CPU's is almost always consistent. I can tell you right now that if the Intel 990X comes out tommorow that the cost is almost guaranteed to be $999. Also, I can tell you that rather than lowering the price on the 980X, they will just phase it out. The price of Intel's lowest enthusiast chip is ussually ~$300 at launch (See i7 920 and 45nm Core 2 Quad Q9450 ~$316, ect)

The introduction price of the Phenom II 940 BE (The top when they came out) was ~$275. The price of 1090T was ~$300. The price of the 1100T at launch was ~$265. The key of all of this is that they try to keep their top chip at around $250-$300. With the top SandyBridge (2600K) costing ~$300, the price difference is almost negligible. This isn't to say that AMD won't release a bulldozer chip that is cut down in speed to lower cost, but at the same time I could say a Core i5 2500K is only $216 at launch. Even further down the list is the i5 2300 at only $177, but I admit you lose most overclocking due to the architecture and mostly locked multiplier.

The price trends are there and they haven't changed. Before you go making accusations of contradictions, spend some time reading. If you'd like I will give you sources to my numbers but they are very easy to find yourself with a little help from my friend: mr. Google.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookiiMonster;12258835 
Yes you did contradict yourself
You know as much about the price range as you do about performance
Therefore implying you know know something about what the price of Bulldozer will be and then saying anybody who thinks they know anything about Bulldozer performance wise doesn't know what they're talking about is contradictory

Good Engrish Senor. See above.
Gaming PC / HTPC
(17 items)
 
Bedroom PC
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k Asus Prime Z270-A GB Auros-X 1080 Ti G-Skill (2x8gb) 3000mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 850 Western Digital 5900rpm Seagate 7200rpm LG 22x DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-D14 Win 10 x64 Pro LG 55" 4k B6 OLED Microsoft Desktop 400 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 V2 NZXT Source 210 Microsoft Desktop 400 Black 
Audio
Custom Surround 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2120T Biostar H61MH Intel HD 2000 G-Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 128gb Asus 24x DVD Burner Stock Win 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 40" 1080p HP Wireless Keyboard/Mouse Silverstone 400W ST40F-ES Silverstone ML03B 
Other
Linksys WMP600N Wireless Card 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming PC / HTPC
(17 items)
 
Bedroom PC
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k Asus Prime Z270-A GB Auros-X 1080 Ti G-Skill (2x8gb) 3000mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 850 Western Digital 5900rpm Seagate 7200rpm LG 22x DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-D14 Win 10 x64 Pro LG 55" 4k B6 OLED Microsoft Desktop 400 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 V2 NZXT Source 210 Microsoft Desktop 400 Black 
Audio
Custom Surround 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2120T Biostar H61MH Intel HD 2000 G-Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 128gb Asus 24x DVD Burner Stock Win 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 40" 1080p HP Wireless Keyboard/Mouse Silverstone 400W ST40F-ES Silverstone ML03B 
Other
Linksys WMP600N Wireless Card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenInferno;12262722 
Good Engrish Senor. See above.

Yes I am terrible at the English language for one mistake?headscratch.gif:wth:
You just admitted to you're contradiction by saying you ASSUME you know the price of it
You don't know what the prices are going to be you can only assume
Assumption=/=Knowing
P.s Stop being so condescending
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k P8p67 pro Rev3 MSI Gtx560Ti Twin FrozerII 8gb XMS3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
1tb f3 M4 ssd LG GH22NS50.AUAA 22x SATA DVDRW Drive Hyper 212+ 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 650w Antec TruePower New NZXT Phantom Black 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k P8p67 pro Rev3 MSI Gtx560Ti Twin FrozerII 8gb XMS3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
1tb f3 M4 ssd LG GH22NS50.AUAA 22x SATA DVDRW Drive Hyper 212+ 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 650w Antec TruePower New NZXT Phantom Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookiiMonster;12269667 
Yes I am terrible at the English language for one mistake?headscratch.gif:wth:
You just admitted to you're contradiction by saying you ASSUME you know the price of it
You don't know what the prices are going to be you can only assume
Assumption=/=Knowing
P.s Stop being so condescending

Price Trends stay the same always. The vast majority of the more experienced members on this site would agree. Over ten years of holding to a trend, and I would say you have a certainty.

Yes, there is not a pricing guide released saying the exact dollar amounts for each chip, but I would be willing to bet money that the top chip is in the range of $250-$300 (obviously plus or minus a little but that is the trend). They stand by it so much that people joke about it.

I wouldn't even call this an assumption honestly, because that implies and inherent lack of knowledge and foresight. I, as well as many other people, know that the price will be around $300 by the proof of over ten years of prices. You're fighting a point that no one is going to back you up on, because honestly I know my stuff.

If you want to attack me for slight technicalities about the idea of using pricing trends is a way to know pricing, then I will continue to belittle you for stooping down to that level.

I made a valid arguement and the only thing anyone could say is that I contradicted myself, where my point was made off of alot of experience and knowledge rather than assumptions. I even specifically stated to not comment on possible performance, because like you said unless you are an engineer with AMD you can't know. New architectures and more cores yields increases in performance, but we just won't know until release or until valid benchmarks come out.

If you feel that I am wrong, then attack my points...don't attack me with stupid ideas that honestly you are wrong about.
Gaming PC / HTPC
(17 items)
 
Bedroom PC
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k Asus Prime Z270-A GB Auros-X 1080 Ti G-Skill (2x8gb) 3000mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 850 Western Digital 5900rpm Seagate 7200rpm LG 22x DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-D14 Win 10 x64 Pro LG 55" 4k B6 OLED Microsoft Desktop 400 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 V2 NZXT Source 210 Microsoft Desktop 400 Black 
Audio
Custom Surround 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2120T Biostar H61MH Intel HD 2000 G-Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 128gb Asus 24x DVD Burner Stock Win 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 40" 1080p HP Wireless Keyboard/Mouse Silverstone 400W ST40F-ES Silverstone ML03B 
Other
Linksys WMP600N Wireless Card 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming PC / HTPC
(17 items)
 
Bedroom PC
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k Asus Prime Z270-A GB Auros-X 1080 Ti G-Skill (2x8gb) 3000mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 850 Western Digital 5900rpm Seagate 7200rpm LG 22x DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-D14 Win 10 x64 Pro LG 55" 4k B6 OLED Microsoft Desktop 400 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 V2 NZXT Source 210 Microsoft Desktop 400 Black 
Audio
Custom Surround 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2120T Biostar H61MH Intel HD 2000 G-Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 128gb Asus 24x DVD Burner Stock Win 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 40" 1080p HP Wireless Keyboard/Mouse Silverstone 400W ST40F-ES Silverstone ML03B 
Other
Linksys WMP600N Wireless Card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenInferno;12270168 
If you feel that I am wrong, then attack my points...don't attack me with stupid ideas that honestly you are wrong about.

First off, I'm not attacking you, I was simply pointing out you DID contradict yourself, usually I wouldn't have saids anything but you were (and still are) being condescending
Quote:
I wouldn't even call this an assumption honestly, because that implies and inherent lack of knowledge and foresight
You obivously do not understand the word "assumption"
It doesn't imply a lack on knowledge or foresight, I could ASSUME I am going to go to sleep tonight and wake up the next morning, it doesn't mean I am right, nor does it mean I have a lack of knowledge or foresight.
Some things you just don't know, you can assume all you like from previous data/knowledge, but in the end you just don't know
Quote:
If you want to attack me for slight technicalities about the idea of using pricing trends is a way to know pricing, then I will continue to belittle you for stooping down to that level.
I haven't stooped down to any level? Nor have you belittled me
If you think me pointing out something is attacking you, you need to step outside and face the real world
I never said that if pricing trends stayed the same that the prices would be different, but you DID contradict yourself, stop being so obnoxious and stubborn

I will not reply to anything else you put, no matter how condescending as this is a site on the internet about computers.
Good day and have a nice life:thumbsups
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k P8p67 pro Rev3 MSI Gtx560Ti Twin FrozerII 8gb XMS3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
1tb f3 M4 ssd LG GH22NS50.AUAA 22x SATA DVDRW Drive Hyper 212+ 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 650w Antec TruePower New NZXT Phantom Black 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k P8p67 pro Rev3 MSI Gtx560Ti Twin FrozerII 8gb XMS3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
1tb f3 M4 ssd LG GH22NS50.AUAA 22x SATA DVDRW Drive Hyper 212+ 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 650w Antec TruePower New NZXT Phantom Black 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Sandy Bridge: What the hell happened? (Should I bother or wait?)