Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › World of Warcrack-The best game or best drug?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

World of Warcrack-The best game or best drug? - Page 6

post #51 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by techheadtrevor View Post
WOW is is a family friendly MMO...its really not meant to be taken seriously, more of a mcdonalds of MMOs that can be enjoyed by grandma.
If you want to play a real MMO play EVE...Wow is for children 5 and under.

EDIT: And your grandma.
This literally made me laugh.


EDIT: And your grandma.
post #52 of 82
And I've still yet to EVEN TRY WoW..
Never will either.. WoW gives PC gamers a bad name...


Dont look at me like that either. You know what I'm talking about, when you say to someone " I'm a PC gamer" .. And they look at you and say "World of Warcraft!??!" ...
Umm NO, PC games does not = WoW....
post #53 of 82
^ That is true. Im a little embarrassed to admit that I played it these days.

Its no difference for consoles either, if someone ask you if you own and xbox they automatically assume you play garbage like Halo/CoD.
Brain Scorcher
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 4 jigga-watts ASUS Rampage II Gigabyte 6970 2gb 3x 2GB Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair Nova 32gb Win7 64bit 24 inch Filco Majestouch 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OwlTech 1000w Coolermaster HAF 932 Intellimouse 1.1a Xtrac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
Brain Scorcher
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 4 jigga-watts ASUS Rampage II Gigabyte 6970 2gb 3x 2GB Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair Nova 32gb Win7 64bit 24 inch Filco Majestouch 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OwlTech 1000w Coolermaster HAF 932 Intellimouse 1.1a Xtrac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
post #54 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeckerDontPlay View Post
^ That is true. Im a little embarrassed to admit that I played it these days.

Its no difference for consoles either, if someone ask you if you own and xbox they automatically assume you play garbage like Halo/CoD.
Isn't that what Xbox is about every single video on youtube is from a 16 years old boy with Fredd's voice playing Call of Duty Black Ops and Gaylo
Randomness
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 980x @ 4.4 / Upgrade - Ivy Bridge X58A-UD3R [EVGA] 2x EVGA GTX 580 3GB 12GB Corsair DDR3-1600  
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate Barracuda XT ST32000641AS 2TB HDD Windows 7 64 bit nVidia Surround - 3x U2410 IPS 6048x1200 G15 
PowerCaseMouse
Thermaltake Toughpower 1200 Thermaltake SwordM Razer Naga, G400 
  hide details  
Reply
Randomness
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 980x @ 4.4 / Upgrade - Ivy Bridge X58A-UD3R [EVGA] 2x EVGA GTX 580 3GB 12GB Corsair DDR3-1600  
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate Barracuda XT ST32000641AS 2TB HDD Windows 7 64 bit nVidia Surround - 3x U2410 IPS 6048x1200 G15 
PowerCaseMouse
Thermaltake Toughpower 1200 Thermaltake SwordM Razer Naga, G400 
  hide details  
Reply
post #55 of 82
I played wow for about 5 years, that includes about 4 attempts of breaking out of that.... trance, that... disease. I just quit the game for the 4th time and this time I think it'll stick. ^^ It feels great tbh.
In addition, Cataclysm was a huge bloody let-down.
derp
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3,2 (1,17v) ASUS Sabertooth x58 ASUS GTX580 CUII 9GB DDR3 @ 1666mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB + 250GBx2 Elby Clonedrive SCSI Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Fujitsu LSL3230T (upgrade soon I hope) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder x4 XFX PRO850W Fractal Design Define XL RAT7 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
derp
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3,2 (1,17v) ASUS Sabertooth x58 ASUS GTX580 CUII 9GB DDR3 @ 1666mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB + 250GBx2 Elby Clonedrive SCSI Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Fujitsu LSL3230T (upgrade soon I hope) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder x4 XFX PRO850W Fractal Design Define XL RAT7 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
post #56 of 82
I sometimes feel like going back, but I know its not going to happen.

My advice is to find another game you are looking forward to (Mine is Diablo3). Promise yourself that you will take it a bit easier on gaming until that game comes out then you will allow yourself to splurge a little bit.

Its a good feeling to pick up a new hobby for a while and get out of the house.

Trust me, I know where you are coming from and you just have to tell yourself that there was a reason you quit the last 7 times.
Done for Now...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 5500k MSI P67A-G43 EVGA GTX 560Ti 8Gb G SKill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2X500Gb WD Blue Raid 0 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit 22" 1680x1050 OCZ 700W Modular 
CaseMouse
Corsair CX 700w Logitech G3 
  hide details  
Reply
Done for Now...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 5500k MSI P67A-G43 EVGA GTX 560Ti 8Gb G SKill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2X500Gb WD Blue Raid 0 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit 22" 1680x1050 OCZ 700W Modular 
CaseMouse
Corsair CX 700w Logitech G3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #57 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by theproodnoob View Post
cure: get a girl or girls how about that one.
Play some sports go out side.
give something like paintball a try you will probably love it.
i don't know go to rehab although i don't know if that would work because of all
people there will just talk about it making it worse.

I dont hate on anyone but never really saw the point in never ending game that you have to pay every month to play. Play and move on with your life.
I've had it with your disingenuous assertions. *pawnch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capwn View Post
And I've still yet to EVEN TRY WoW..
Never will either.. WoW gives PC gamers a bad name...


Dont look at me like that either. You know what I'm talking about, when you say to someone " I'm a PC gamer" .. And they look at you and say "World of Warcraft!??!" ...
Umm NO, PC games does not = WoW....
I played it so I could have a fair opinion on it, someone said "don't bash it unless you try it, I won't even take your opinion until you're level 20.". I don't know what it is about WoW, maybe the negative implications it carries by being a player, but I love comparing gear and grinding to get that better stuff, I guess WoW is just... too much of a good thing?

EDIT: I just figured out what it was, anything that's pay per month to play I loathe. I'm a sneaky sneaky <enter good with money religion/ethnicity here>.
Edited by fr0st. - 2/5/11 at 10:14am
post #58 of 82
To be honest it really is a disease. I mean like a mental disease. People always go back, time back spent playing can vary from a day to how long ever. Then quit and think about why there quiting, because lets be honest, if you play WoW raiding and know your class, you aint dumb in the head, your smart and you can atleast (maybe) think. alot of derps and herps in wow but ya.

so its like you know why you quit, yet we never have the strength to deny our comebacks, because we all go back.

sad really that I took the time to think this out and ill probably be back to WoW....
Stinger Be3
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k @ 4.7Ghz ASUS Maximus VIII Hero EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 500GB Blue 6gb SATA - Crucial M4 64GB SSD - ... DVD RW+R H100i V2 Windows 10 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 144hz  Corsair K75 CORSAIR 1000HX CoolerMaster HAF932 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Strafe Army Mousepad Hyperx Cloud II 
  hide details  
Reply
Stinger Be3
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k @ 4.7Ghz ASUS Maximus VIII Hero EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 500GB Blue 6gb SATA - Crucial M4 64GB SSD - ... DVD RW+R H100i V2 Windows 10 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 144hz  Corsair K75 CORSAIR 1000HX CoolerMaster HAF932 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Strafe Army Mousepad Hyperx Cloud II 
  hide details  
Reply
post #59 of 82
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeckerDontPlay View Post
WoW needs to just die so Blizz will stop delaying D3
Well heres a fact. Warcraft isn't going anywhere. It makes up about 70% of all Activision/Blizzard sales. With out wow, kiss Activsion goodbye. Even though they make great counsel games.

http://www.1up.com/news/30-percent-a...rofits-console
post #60 of 82
Its going somewhere. MMO have a limited life span and I think WoW is on the back 9. Im sure they'll put some other recycled WoW clone out as soon as it dips. I think WoW already lost most of its "hardcore" population from vanilla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune View Post
Isn't that what Xbox is about every single video on youtube is from a 16 years old boy with Fredd's voice playing Call of Duty Black Ops and Gaylo
Haha yea. That is true. Still hate the assumption though. THere are some great games on consoles.
Brain Scorcher
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 4 jigga-watts ASUS Rampage II Gigabyte 6970 2gb 3x 2GB Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair Nova 32gb Win7 64bit 24 inch Filco Majestouch 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OwlTech 1000w Coolermaster HAF 932 Intellimouse 1.1a Xtrac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
Brain Scorcher
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 4 jigga-watts ASUS Rampage II Gigabyte 6970 2gb 3x 2GB Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair Nova 32gb Win7 64bit 24 inch Filco Majestouch 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OwlTech 1000w Coolermaster HAF 932 Intellimouse 1.1a Xtrac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › World of Warcrack-The best game or best drug?