Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Which case to get?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Which case to get? - Page 6

Poll Results: Which case?

 
  • 28% (15)
    Haf 912
  • 71% (37)
    Storm scout
52 Total Votes  
post #51 of 72
Thread Starter 
I think I'm gonna go for one of the haf models(912 or 922(likin the rugged design and the fact that if I ever do need a 6990 lol it'll fit it) will be picking up on monday/Tuesday.

Thanks for the help everyone I'll rep u guys when I get to a pc
Amd/Ati Machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
x4 960 gigabyte ma78gm-us2h 4870 512mb 4gb G.SKill F1 800mhz 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 250gb and WD caviar green 2tb Samsung SH-S222B 22x Windows 7 52" Toshiba 120hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek wireless litetouch Corsair 400w Antec 300 logitech ex-100 
  hide details  
Reply
Amd/Ati Machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
x4 960 gigabyte ma78gm-us2h 4870 512mb 4gb G.SKill F1 800mhz 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 250gb and WD caviar green 2tb Samsung SH-S222B 22x Windows 7 52" Toshiba 120hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek wireless litetouch Corsair 400w Antec 300 logitech ex-100 
  hide details  
Reply
post #52 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by rip10793;12285612 
Hey nick does the 912 have dust filters?

Edit: sorry for the double post

The whole front bezel's worth has dust filters.

EDIT: Please look at these links.

http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/landing/haf912/home.php?page=features

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv7mFfWhERY[/ame]
Edited by nickt1862 - 2/6/11 at 1:34pm
post #53 of 72
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickt1862;12286056 
The whole front bezel's worth has dust filters.

Also how many fans would I have to throw in to fill it up with fans?

Edit: Kk thanks
Amd/Ati Machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
x4 960 gigabyte ma78gm-us2h 4870 512mb 4gb G.SKill F1 800mhz 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 250gb and WD caviar green 2tb Samsung SH-S222B 22x Windows 7 52" Toshiba 120hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek wireless litetouch Corsair 400w Antec 300 logitech ex-100 
  hide details  
Reply
Amd/Ati Machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
x4 960 gigabyte ma78gm-us2h 4870 512mb 4gb G.SKill F1 800mhz 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 250gb and WD caviar green 2tb Samsung SH-S222B 22x Windows 7 52" Toshiba 120hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek wireless litetouch Corsair 400w Antec 300 logitech ex-100 
  hide details  
Reply
post #54 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by rip10793;12286073 
Also how many fans would I have to throw in to fill it up with fans?

Edit: Kk thanks

Honestly, you only need to add one to the top of the 912. The front and rear already have fans and the side panel fans normally just add noise and raise temps instead of lowering them. Get a magnetic stick-on dust filter to cover the fan openings in the side panel to allow the cases airflow to use them as needed.
442
(15 items)
 
Q6600
(14 items)
 
Piece O' Crappola
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 E0 DFI LanParty LT P35-T2R 2 x HD4670QT512P CF Patriot PVS24G8500ELKN 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Stock pfsense Acer H233H Antec EarthWatts 430 
CaseAudio
custom onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 B3 Lapped @ 3.4 GA-EP45-UD3R EVGA 9600GSO 384m 96SP 4G (2x2) Patriot Viper PC2-8500 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
80g Maxtor, 320WDC. 320Seagate NEC ND-3550 & LiteOn CM Hyper 212+ w/PP Blademasters XP Pro SP3 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer H233H Rosewill RG630-S12 NZXT BetaEVO 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6420 GA-P35-DS3L GeForce 7300LE 2G PNY PC2-6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
80Gig WDC SATA NEC ND3540A Win 7 Ultimate 64bit/XP Pro Acer H233H 
PowerCase
Antec Earthwatts 430 none 
  hide details  
Reply
442
(15 items)
 
Q6600
(14 items)
 
Piece O' Crappola
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 E0 DFI LanParty LT P35-T2R 2 x HD4670QT512P CF Patriot PVS24G8500ELKN 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Stock pfsense Acer H233H Antec EarthWatts 430 
CaseAudio
custom onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 B3 Lapped @ 3.4 GA-EP45-UD3R EVGA 9600GSO 384m 96SP 4G (2x2) Patriot Viper PC2-8500 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
80g Maxtor, 320WDC. 320Seagate NEC ND-3550 & LiteOn CM Hyper 212+ w/PP Blademasters XP Pro SP3 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer H233H Rosewill RG630-S12 NZXT BetaEVO 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6420 GA-P35-DS3L GeForce 7300LE 2G PNY PC2-6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
80Gig WDC SATA NEC ND3540A Win 7 Ultimate 64bit/XP Pro Acer H233H 
PowerCase
Antec Earthwatts 430 none 
  hide details  
Reply
post #55 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSmurf;12286526 
Honestly, you only need to add one to the top of the 912. The front and rear already have fans and the side panel fans normally just add noise and raise temps instead of lowering them. Get a magnetic stick-on dust filter to cover the fan openings in the side panel to allow the cases airflow to use them as needed.

Well the OP has to decide whether they like 1 or 2 120mm fans or 1 200mm fan in the front and top respectively. For the OP: The HAF 912 comes with 1 120mm in front and 1 120mm in the rear with none on top.

The magnetic dust filter for the side panel is something I'm currently working on as well.biggrin.gif
post #56 of 72
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickt1862;12286797 
Well the OP has to decide whether they like 1 or 2 120mm fans or 1 200mm fan in the front and top respectively. For the OP: The HAF 912 comes with 1 120mm in front and 1 120mm in the rear with none on top.

The magnetic dust filter for the side panel is something I'm currently working on as well.biggrin.gif

I'm gonna go with the cheaper option, what would u recommend for quiet yet good performance?
Amd/Ati Machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
x4 960 gigabyte ma78gm-us2h 4870 512mb 4gb G.SKill F1 800mhz 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 250gb and WD caviar green 2tb Samsung SH-S222B 22x Windows 7 52" Toshiba 120hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek wireless litetouch Corsair 400w Antec 300 logitech ex-100 
  hide details  
Reply
Amd/Ati Machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
x4 960 gigabyte ma78gm-us2h 4870 512mb 4gb G.SKill F1 800mhz 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 250gb and WD caviar green 2tb Samsung SH-S222B 22x Windows 7 52" Toshiba 120hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek wireless litetouch Corsair 400w Antec 300 logitech ex-100 
  hide details  
Reply
post #57 of 72
Medium Speed Yate Loons are an excellent choice for case fans.
442
(15 items)
 
Q6600
(14 items)
 
Piece O' Crappola
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 E0 DFI LanParty LT P35-T2R 2 x HD4670QT512P CF Patriot PVS24G8500ELKN 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Stock pfsense Acer H233H Antec EarthWatts 430 
CaseAudio
custom onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 B3 Lapped @ 3.4 GA-EP45-UD3R EVGA 9600GSO 384m 96SP 4G (2x2) Patriot Viper PC2-8500 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
80g Maxtor, 320WDC. 320Seagate NEC ND-3550 & LiteOn CM Hyper 212+ w/PP Blademasters XP Pro SP3 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer H233H Rosewill RG630-S12 NZXT BetaEVO 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6420 GA-P35-DS3L GeForce 7300LE 2G PNY PC2-6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
80Gig WDC SATA NEC ND3540A Win 7 Ultimate 64bit/XP Pro Acer H233H 
PowerCase
Antec Earthwatts 430 none 
  hide details  
Reply
442
(15 items)
 
Q6600
(14 items)
 
Piece O' Crappola
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 E0 DFI LanParty LT P35-T2R 2 x HD4670QT512P CF Patriot PVS24G8500ELKN 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Stock pfsense Acer H233H Antec EarthWatts 430 
CaseAudio
custom onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 B3 Lapped @ 3.4 GA-EP45-UD3R EVGA 9600GSO 384m 96SP 4G (2x2) Patriot Viper PC2-8500 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
80g Maxtor, 320WDC. 320Seagate NEC ND-3550 & LiteOn CM Hyper 212+ w/PP Blademasters XP Pro SP3 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer H233H Rosewill RG630-S12 NZXT BetaEVO 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6420 GA-P35-DS3L GeForce 7300LE 2G PNY PC2-6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
80Gig WDC SATA NEC ND3540A Win 7 Ultimate 64bit/XP Pro Acer H233H 
PowerCase
Antec Earthwatts 430 none 
  hide details  
Reply
post #58 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSmurf;12288575 
Medium Speed Yate Loons are an excellent choice for case fans.

Okay "Yate Loon Man" tonguesmiley.gif please educate me on something:

CM has their 120mm R4 series rated at about 69cfm and about 17dba I believe, first is the dba on them accurate "IF" at full speed and if so how much of a noise increase would there be compared to the medium speed Yate Loons which they rate at 33dba?

Thanks!wink.gif
post #59 of 72
Totally misleading. The 17db is at it's LOWEST rpm, not max. At 69cfm (if they can even reach that high) they are about 36 to 38db. Fans tend run have a 2 to 1 cfm to db ratio. Some might be a tad bit better or worse, but that ratio tends to hold up even when the stated specs don't show it. A 69cfm fan simply can not move that much air at only 17db. A good rule of thumb is lower the rated cfm by a good 10 to 15% to get a more accurate number and divide the rated cfm by half to get it's actual db. That might not be exact, but it will be a lot closer than what it states it is.

The MS Yates are quieter and move about the same amount of air. For a case fan you only need about 40 to 50cfm anyway. IN fact, the higher static pressure of the Yates come in handy for the front case fan to force air past the hard drives in the front hard drive cage over the stock CM, CM R4's or most of your other fans. Gelid makes some nice case fans as well, but they are more expensive. For the most part most people feel the MS Yates have a more pleasing sound as well and if you catch them on sale you can sometimes get them for around $3 to $4. I recommend getting them from Petra's or Sidewinders though to make sure you get the better quality ones.
442
(15 items)
 
Q6600
(14 items)
 
Piece O' Crappola
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 E0 DFI LanParty LT P35-T2R 2 x HD4670QT512P CF Patriot PVS24G8500ELKN 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Stock pfsense Acer H233H Antec EarthWatts 430 
CaseAudio
custom onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 B3 Lapped @ 3.4 GA-EP45-UD3R EVGA 9600GSO 384m 96SP 4G (2x2) Patriot Viper PC2-8500 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
80g Maxtor, 320WDC. 320Seagate NEC ND-3550 & LiteOn CM Hyper 212+ w/PP Blademasters XP Pro SP3 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer H233H Rosewill RG630-S12 NZXT BetaEVO 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6420 GA-P35-DS3L GeForce 7300LE 2G PNY PC2-6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
80Gig WDC SATA NEC ND3540A Win 7 Ultimate 64bit/XP Pro Acer H233H 
PowerCase
Antec Earthwatts 430 none 
  hide details  
Reply
442
(15 items)
 
Q6600
(14 items)
 
Piece O' Crappola
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 E0 DFI LanParty LT P35-T2R 2 x HD4670QT512P CF Patriot PVS24G8500ELKN 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Stock pfsense Acer H233H Antec EarthWatts 430 
CaseAudio
custom onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 B3 Lapped @ 3.4 GA-EP45-UD3R EVGA 9600GSO 384m 96SP 4G (2x2) Patriot Viper PC2-8500 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
80g Maxtor, 320WDC. 320Seagate NEC ND-3550 & LiteOn CM Hyper 212+ w/PP Blademasters XP Pro SP3 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer H233H Rosewill RG630-S12 NZXT BetaEVO 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6420 GA-P35-DS3L GeForce 7300LE 2G PNY PC2-6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
80Gig WDC SATA NEC ND3540A Win 7 Ultimate 64bit/XP Pro Acer H233H 
PowerCase
Antec Earthwatts 430 none 
  hide details  
Reply
post #60 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSmurf;12289021 
Totally misleading. The 17db is at it's LOWEST rpm, not max. At 69cfm (if they can even reach that high) they are about 36 to 38db. Fans tend run have a 2 to 1 cfm to db ratio. Some might be a tad bit better or worse, but that ratio tends to hold up even when the stated specs don't show it. A 69cfm fan simply can not move that much air at only 17db. A good rule of thumb is lower the rated cfm by a good 10 to 15% to get a more accurate number and divide the rated cfm by half to get it's actual db. That might not be exact, but it will be a lot closer than what it states it is.

The MS Yates are quieter and move about the same amount of air. For a case fan you only need about 40 to 50cfm anyway. IN fact, the higher static pressure of the Yates come in handy for the front case fan to force air past the hard drives in the front hard drive cage over the stock CM, CM R4's or most of your other fans. Gelid makes some nice case fans as well, but they are more expensive. For the most part most people feel the MS Yates have a more pleasing sound as well and if you catch them on sale you can sometimes get them for around $3 to $4. I recommend getting them from Petra's or Sidewinders though to make sure you get the better quality ones.

My heartfelt thanks for that explanation bro.wink.gifsmile.gifthumbsupsmiley.png

You confirmed my suspicions about CM case fans.

How are the Yates for CPU Heatsink applications?

I take you're rooting for the Packers.biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Which case to get?