Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › I just started folding for OCN
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I just started folding for OCN - Page 2

post #11 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcrispe95 View Post
I guess I should quit and uninstall then, Ill just wait until I get a i7 and all that stuff.
Wait, what? I fold on my E5300 @ 4.2Ghz & get about 2.5K. Sure, it's not a lot. But it's something.
post #12 of 21
Welcome to the best folding team. Have fun.....

Chuck D
Fold on....
Soprano
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2Q QX6700 Extreme Asus Commando GTX 750 MSI 4x Corsair XMS2 1gig DDR2 800 PC2 6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Mushkin 240gig SSD Lite on Combo Dvd Burner/Mitsumi cd-rom Win 7 Pro 64 19" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Compaq 730w-780w max Hyper Thermaltake Soprano Logitech M500 
Mouse PadAudio
Dirty Old Blue Creative Soundblaster XFI pcie 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600 Dell MSI GTX 960 G'Skill Aegis PC3-10700 (667Mhz) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Mushkin 240 Gb SSD 500 gb Seagate / partitioned x4  Windows 10 Pro 64 Element 24" TV 
KeyboardPowerCaseAudio
Dell OEM EVGA 600 B1  Custom Dell Dimension 3000 (Mod) Creative Soundblaster XFI (pciex) 
  hide details  
Reply
Soprano
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2Q QX6700 Extreme Asus Commando GTX 750 MSI 4x Corsair XMS2 1gig DDR2 800 PC2 6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Mushkin 240gig SSD Lite on Combo Dvd Burner/Mitsumi cd-rom Win 7 Pro 64 19" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Compaq 730w-780w max Hyper Thermaltake Soprano Logitech M500 
Mouse PadAudio
Dirty Old Blue Creative Soundblaster XFI pcie 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600 Dell MSI GTX 960 G'Skill Aegis PC3-10700 (667Mhz) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Mushkin 240 Gb SSD 500 gb Seagate / partitioned x4  Windows 10 Pro 64 Element 24" TV 
KeyboardPowerCaseAudio
Dell OEM EVGA 600 B1  Custom Dell Dimension 3000 (Mod) Creative Soundblaster XFI (pciex) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heedehcheenuh View Post
Welcome to the best folding team. Have fun.....

Chuck D
Fold on....
There's no point, ill just wait until I get a better system. :/
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel ATOM N450 @ 1.66Ghz <unknown> Intel GMA3150 256mb 2GB DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
160GB 5,400RPM 2.5" Windows XP Professional SP3 LED (Non-gloss) 1024x600 intergrated 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
6 cell battery Samsung Wireless mouse 3000 / touchpad anything 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel ATOM N450 @ 1.66Ghz <unknown> Intel GMA3150 256mb 2GB DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
160GB 5,400RPM 2.5" Windows XP Professional SP3 LED (Non-gloss) 1024x600 intergrated 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
6 cell battery Samsung Wireless mouse 3000 / touchpad anything 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 21
@Pioneersloud -
It sounded to me like OP wanted to fold to win prizes and stuff. I just wanted to make it clear that folding to win stuff isn't a good mentality to have, and that it would wear out very quickly. I don't think I have said anything wrong when I said that OP should fold because they believe in the project being worthwhile as opposed to folding for prizes. I also started out folding on my E6750 @ 3.2 back when we had to run a separate client for each core, albeit for a different team. I thought it was worthwhile then, and I still think it is worthwhile now, which is why I continue to fold. I'm still trying to chuck in the 2k PPD from my E6750 and the 4.8-5.1k ppd from my crappy EVGA 8800GT

Every single point counts, but not everyone will have the same opinion of efficiency. Some people will see 2K PPD as a waste of energy, while others will see it as 2K PPD closer to potentially finding a cure. I just wanted to list it so OP would have a rough idea of the type of performance to expect from their system :/
Edited by Velathawen - 2/6/11 at 7:57am
post #15 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velathawen View Post
@Pioneersloud -
It sounded to me like OP wanted to fold to win prizes and stuff. I just wanted to make it clear that folding to win stuff isn't a good mentality to have, and that it would wear out very quickly. I don't think I have said anything wrong when I said that OP should fold because they believe in the project being worthwhile as opposed to folding for prizes. I also started out folding on my E6750 @ 3.2 back when we had to run a separate client for each core, albeit for a different team. I thought it was worthwhile then, and I still think it is worthwhile now, which is why I continue to fold. I'm still trying to chuck in the 2k PPD from my E6750 and the 4.8-5.1k ppd from my crappy EVGA 8800GT

Every single point counts, but not everyone will have the same opinion of efficiency. Some people will see 2K PPD as a waste of energy, while others will see it as 2K PPD closer to potentially finding a cure. I just wanted to list it so OP would have a rough idea of the type of performance to expect from their system :/
I have 2 system's folding:
My main rig

Then this "thing":



    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel ATOM N450 @ 1.66Ghz <unknown> Intel GMA3150 256mb 2GB DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
160GB 5,400RPM 2.5" Windows XP Professional SP3 LED (Non-gloss) 1024x600 intergrated 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
6 cell battery Samsung Wireless mouse 3000 / touchpad anything 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel ATOM N450 @ 1.66Ghz <unknown> Intel GMA3150 256mb 2GB DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
160GB 5,400RPM 2.5" Windows XP Professional SP3 LED (Non-gloss) 1024x600 intergrated 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
6 cell battery Samsung Wireless mouse 3000 / touchpad anything 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 21
Awesome! Just know that you are on the edge of a very slippery slope. Soon you will want to invest a lot more time and money into building and tweaking rigs for folding
post #17 of 21
Rage Blade
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Conroe E6400 @ 3.28 ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP GTX295 2x2GB DDR2 800 G. Skill Pi Series 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Black 1TB Win 7 64 | Ubuntu 10.04 64 Acer 24" 1920x1200 P243W Dynex! 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X650W Antec 900 Logitech MX-518 | BF2142 ed. 3x3 Games Collage 
  hide details  
Reply
Rage Blade
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Conroe E6400 @ 3.28 ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP GTX295 2x2GB DDR2 800 G. Skill Pi Series 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD Black 1TB Win 7 64 | Ubuntu 10.04 64 Acer 24" 1920x1200 P243W Dynex! 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X650W Antec 900 Logitech MX-518 | BF2142 ed. 3x3 Games Collage 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Rage View Post
Hehe yeah, I saw that, dear to god I win a GPU to fold, that would make my year. We can all hope though aye?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel ATOM N450 @ 1.66Ghz <unknown> Intel GMA3150 256mb 2GB DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
160GB 5,400RPM 2.5" Windows XP Professional SP3 LED (Non-gloss) 1024x600 intergrated 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
6 cell battery Samsung Wireless mouse 3000 / touchpad anything 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel ATOM N450 @ 1.66Ghz <unknown> Intel GMA3150 256mb 2GB DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
160GB 5,400RPM 2.5" Windows XP Professional SP3 LED (Non-gloss) 1024x600 intergrated 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
6 cell battery Samsung Wireless mouse 3000 / touchpad anything 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcrispe95 View Post
Hehe yeah, I saw that, dear to god I win a GPU to fold, that would make my year. We can all hope though aye?
Only those without better GPUs than the ones being given away qualify, good luck
post #20 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velathawen View Post
Only those without better GPUs than the ones being given away qualify, good luck
Thanks, sorry for the late reply.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel ATOM N450 @ 1.66Ghz <unknown> Intel GMA3150 256mb 2GB DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
160GB 5,400RPM 2.5" Windows XP Professional SP3 LED (Non-gloss) 1024x600 intergrated 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
6 cell battery Samsung Wireless mouse 3000 / touchpad anything 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel ATOM N450 @ 1.66Ghz <unknown> Intel GMA3150 256mb 2GB DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
160GB 5,400RPM 2.5" Windows XP Professional SP3 LED (Non-gloss) 1024x600 intergrated 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
6 cell battery Samsung Wireless mouse 3000 / touchpad anything 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Overclock.net Folding@Home Team
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › I just started folding for OCN