Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Memory › RAM speed
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RAM speed - Page 2

post #11 of 15
Thread Starter 
Hello?
Mr. Cablemess
(18 items)
 
  
Reply
Mr. Cablemess
(18 items)
 
  
Reply
post #12 of 15
You can OC your MHz as high as your MB will allow.
And remember the more you under clock your RAM the more you can tighten your timings. See pics of my 2000MHz sticks and note how much tighter I ran them at lower MHz. Higher MHz is good but tighter timings will make a big difference in speed too.


Smoken Hot OCer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 960 OC 4.1GHz 165x25 1.272v ASUS P6TD Deluxe XFX/Sapphire 2X 5870 2GB Crossfired OC 900-1250 G Skill PI 3X2GB 1600 OC 1650 6-8-6-20 1T 60 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 120GB 34nm Windoz 7 Ultimate 64bit LG 23" W2361VG Saitek 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX850w V2 NZXT Apollo Black Logitech MX Revolution wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
Smoken Hot OCer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 960 OC 4.1GHz 165x25 1.272v ASUS P6TD Deluxe XFX/Sapphire 2X 5870 2GB Crossfired OC 900-1250 G Skill PI 3X2GB 1600 OC 1650 6-8-6-20 1T 60 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 120GB 34nm Windoz 7 Ultimate 64bit LG 23" W2361VG Saitek 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX850w V2 NZXT Apollo Black Logitech MX Revolution wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetiton View Post
You can OC your MHz as high as your MB will allow.
And remember the more you under clock your RAM the more you can tighten your timings. See pics of my 2000MHz sticks and note how much tighter I ran them at lower MHz. Higher MHz is good but tighter timings will make a big difference in speed too.
yea but faster is faster and slower is just dumb.
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhat_ownage View Post
yea but faster is faster and slower is just dumb.
Yes, but what I'm saying and what he's asking is if his MB is limited to say 1866, he can buy 2000 8-9-8-24 sticks and under clock them to 1866 and tighten his timings to say 7-8-7-20, since he can't go any higher then 1866. So he can achieve about the same speed as the 2000 sticks.
Smoken Hot OCer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 960 OC 4.1GHz 165x25 1.272v ASUS P6TD Deluxe XFX/Sapphire 2X 5870 2GB Crossfired OC 900-1250 G Skill PI 3X2GB 1600 OC 1650 6-8-6-20 1T 60 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 120GB 34nm Windoz 7 Ultimate 64bit LG 23" W2361VG Saitek 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX850w V2 NZXT Apollo Black Logitech MX Revolution wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
Smoken Hot OCer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 960 OC 4.1GHz 165x25 1.272v ASUS P6TD Deluxe XFX/Sapphire 2X 5870 2GB Crossfired OC 900-1250 G Skill PI 3X2GB 1600 OC 1650 6-8-6-20 1T 60 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Vertex 2 SSD 120GB 34nm Windoz 7 Ultimate 64bit LG 23" W2361VG Saitek 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX850w V2 NZXT Apollo Black Logitech MX Revolution wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetiton View Post
Yes, but what I'm saying and what he's asking is if his MB is limited to say 1866, he can buy 2000 8-9-8-24 sticks and under clock them to 1866 and tighten his timings to say 7-8-7-20, since he can't go any higher then 1866. So he can achieve about the same speed as the 2000 sticks.
Cool. Thanks man
Mr. Cablemess
(18 items)
 
  
Reply
Mr. Cablemess
(18 items)
 
  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Memory
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Memory › RAM speed