Overclock.net › Forums › General Hardware › General Processor Discussions › Done with AMD, going to Intel!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Done with AMD, going to Intel! - Page 3

post #21 of 127
Epic fanboy flamefest is epic.

Good luck OP, and goodbye fanboys.
Proteus
(17 items)
 
 
Ordinary Toaster
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k P67 Extreme 4 Gen 3 GTX 780 16GB Kingston HyperX Beast 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Crucial BX200 Cheap something that writes DVD-RW Hyper 212 Evo Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 2x Asus VW246H Corsair Strafe MX Brown Corsair HX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Thermaltake Commander MS-I Epic Edition SteelSeries Sensei RAW SteelSeries QCK Altec Lansing BXR1221 
Audio
Sentey Symph GS-4531 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 ASUS Nvidia GTX 260m 4 GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Scorpio Blue 750GB Windows 7 1366x768 Epson projector 
Mouse
Logitech M305 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
I5 650 Intel DH57JG 8gb generic 750gb Scorpio Blue 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
3tb Caviar Green Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 Stock Intel Cooler Debian 8 
PowerCase
Cheap generic 450w Some cheap junk I had lying around 
  hide details  
Reply
Proteus
(17 items)
 
 
Ordinary Toaster
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k P67 Extreme 4 Gen 3 GTX 780 16GB Kingston HyperX Beast 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Crucial BX200 Cheap something that writes DVD-RW Hyper 212 Evo Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 2x Asus VW246H Corsair Strafe MX Brown Corsair HX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Thermaltake Commander MS-I Epic Edition SteelSeries Sensei RAW SteelSeries QCK Altec Lansing BXR1221 
Audio
Sentey Symph GS-4531 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 ASUS Nvidia GTX 260m 4 GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
Scorpio Blue 750GB Windows 7 1366x768 Epson projector 
Mouse
Logitech M305 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
I5 650 Intel DH57JG 8gb generic 750gb Scorpio Blue 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
3tb Caviar Green Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 Stock Intel Cooler Debian 8 
PowerCase
Cheap generic 450w Some cheap junk I had lying around 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 127
I've owned both brands, and they both make excellent products. It comes down to whatyou want, and what makes you happy. Good luck with the new build. Hope it is problem free.
The Nest
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ph II X4 BE 980 @ 4.2Ghz Foxconn Destroyer EVGA GTX 780 SC (4) 2 Gb stix G.Skill DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Mushkin Chronos 120Gb SSD, Seagate 320Gb; 1Tb(ext) LightScribe DVDRW Corsair H70 -w- 2 Scythe Ultra Kaze 3000 fans p... Windows 7 64x 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 21.5" LCD Razor Blackwidow Ultimate Mushkin Joule 1000W Azza Solano 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech laser Vat ees theese "mouse pad" jou speek of? Tampo... Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX 
  hide details  
Reply
The Nest
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ph II X4 BE 980 @ 4.2Ghz Foxconn Destroyer EVGA GTX 780 SC (4) 2 Gb stix G.Skill DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Mushkin Chronos 120Gb SSD, Seagate 320Gb; 1Tb(ext) LightScribe DVDRW Corsair H70 -w- 2 Scythe Ultra Kaze 3000 fans p... Windows 7 64x 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 21.5" LCD Razor Blackwidow Ultimate Mushkin Joule 1000W Azza Solano 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech laser Vat ees theese "mouse pad" jou speek of? Tampo... Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 127
i forsee epic issues in the future with this young one
post #24 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiep View Post
I guess I should move this into the general motherboards section and add motherboards to the title then.
Just how it is. Most Phenom II X2's and X3's are that way for a reason. If they were a fully functioning quad core that overclocked well, that's what they would be sold as.
The Blevinator
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom X4 9650 Agena 2.8GHz Biostar TA790GX A2+ Sapphire HD 4870 512mb 790MHz/1000MHz G.Skill 2 X 2gb DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Blue 500gb + 250gb Sony Optiarc DVD burner win32/ Linux Dell 17" 1280 x 1024 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Antec Truepower New TP650 NZXT Tempest EVO Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Fragged control 
  hide details  
Reply
The Blevinator
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom X4 9650 Agena 2.8GHz Biostar TA790GX A2+ Sapphire HD 4870 512mb 790MHz/1000MHz G.Skill 2 X 2gb DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Blue 500gb + 250gb Sony Optiarc DVD burner win32/ Linux Dell 17" 1280 x 1024 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Antec Truepower New TP650 NZXT Tempest EVO Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Fragged control 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 127
Don't listen to all the haters, it sounds like your chip just decided not to overclock anymore, if one thing I have learned with electronics over the last 30 years is they can just quit working the way they always worked for no apparent reason. It may not be a fault of your MB as you say it works fine with another chip. I have almost all AMD rigs in my house ( 7 for now ) and only 1 Intel rig. Both companies make great products and if we all listened to one side or the other we would be paying mega $$$$ for a slow chip by today's comparison. Just be happy with the fact that your chip did overclock for some time, and be happy with what your going to buy next.
post #26 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHoleSon View Post
Just how it is. Most Phenom II X2's and X3's are that way for a reason. If they were a fully functioning quad core that overclocked well, that's what they would be sold as.
incorrect sometimes cores are disabled simply to fulfill demand
post #27 of 127
why not just try a different manufacture motherboard...
rebirth
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 2 x4 955 BE Asus M4A88TD-V EVO Asus gtx560 ti (non ref) G.Skill DDR31600 x12 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital 500Gb LG 22x Antec Kuhler 620 Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus 24in Logitech g15 Corsair 650TX Corsair 600t 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Diamondback Walmart 
  hide details  
Reply
rebirth
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 2 x4 955 BE Asus M4A88TD-V EVO Asus gtx560 ti (non ref) G.Skill DDR31600 x12 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital 500Gb LG 22x Antec Kuhler 620 Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus 24in Logitech g15 Corsair 650TX Corsair 600t 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Diamondback Walmart 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHoleSon View Post
Just how it is. Most Phenom II X2's and X3's are that way for a reason. If they were a fully functioning quad core that overclocked well, that's what they would be sold as.

My buddies 720 unlocked fine. My 560 unlocked ( did 3.92 ghz stable ), the 560 my other buddy got unlocked.. In fact I have yet to OWN or use a cpu that WONT unlock. Yes I know its common for them not to unlock. But it also seems less common for the NOT to unlock.
post #29 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitemarks and bloodstains View Post
incorrect sometimes cores are disabled simply to fulfill demand
Hence the reason I said the word most.

The bottom line being that you simply cannot rely on it functioning perfectly as a quad. That's like buying a racehorse with two crippled legs and expect it to win races. It can, but you just can't be mad at it if it doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capwn View Post
My buddies 720 unlocked fine. My 560 unlocked ( did 3.92 ghz stable ), the 560 my other buddy got unlocked.. In fact I have yet to OWN or use a cpu that WONT unlock. Yes I know its common for them not to unlock. But it also seems less common for the NOT to unlock.
Right, but the odds are in many cases, a Phenom II 550 unlocked to an X4 just won't have the same clocking potential as a 955 or so.
The Blevinator
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom X4 9650 Agena 2.8GHz Biostar TA790GX A2+ Sapphire HD 4870 512mb 790MHz/1000MHz G.Skill 2 X 2gb DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Blue 500gb + 250gb Sony Optiarc DVD burner win32/ Linux Dell 17" 1280 x 1024 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Antec Truepower New TP650 NZXT Tempest EVO Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Fragged control 
  hide details  
Reply
The Blevinator
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom X4 9650 Agena 2.8GHz Biostar TA790GX A2+ Sapphire HD 4870 512mb 790MHz/1000MHz G.Skill 2 X 2gb DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Blue 500gb + 250gb Sony Optiarc DVD burner win32/ Linux Dell 17" 1280 x 1024 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Antec Truepower New TP650 NZXT Tempest EVO Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Fragged control 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capwn View Post
My buddies 720 unlocked fine. My 560 unlocked ( did 3.92 ghz stable ), the 560 my other buddy got unlocked.. In fact I have yet to OWN or use a cpu that WONT unlock. Yes I know its common for them not to unlock. But it also seems less common for the NOT to unlock.
does not really go with your statement. xD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Processor Discussions
Overclock.net › Forums › General Hardware › General Processor Discussions › Done with AMD, going to Intel!