Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › PSU for 1055 and a 6xxx
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PSU for 1055 and a 6xxx - Page 5

post #41 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneerisloud View Post
The Antec PSU was one of the first ones recommended. You were the ONLY person (at that point) recommending overkill units, which the OP stated he did NOT want. The very first post had enough evidence. The Antec Neo ECO will easily power any current single GPU card. Then you had a few people after that agreeing. How is that not enough evidence? There were also people saying that it is, in fact, a Seasonic built unit.

The only difference is that Phaedrus went into a LOT more detail about it. That's great and all, Phaedrus is awesome about knowing his PSU's. But that doesn't mean he's the ONLY person on this forum that knows what's a good unit to recommend.

Just because other people didn't give the answer that YOU think is sufficient doesn't mean they're wrong .
I never said they were wrong, I kept saying IMO I'm sticking with seasonic. Pio with that sort of mob logic, I suppose you'd also agree that if the OP was asking for a new monitor, but said too keep it under $400, everyone would say HEY GET THE LED TV BECAUSE LED IS AMAZIGN. what if someone said IPS but everyone shot him down and said its not worth it, even if it fit the budget and was good. according to your mob logic theory, you should just buy the led because everyone says LED is the way to go. COme to think of it, if everyone recommends I jump off of a bridge, but one person says I shouldn't, I should ignore them and jump of a bridge, because everyone else says so. Proof is evidence, thats what phadearus usually provides. I'm sorry I look at things logically and not a crowd follower.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6800k Evga Micro2 Evga GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200mhz (one of the stup... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 750 800gb Samsung 950 Pro 256gb with AngelWing PX1 PCIE h... Lol Corsair H80i v2 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 Home 64bit CentOS 7 (in VM) Dell u2311h Dell u2311h 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Leopold FC660C Silverstone 700 sfx-l Platinum thing Silverstone FT03B Logitech MX Master 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Oppo HA2 Sony XBA Z5 Blue Yeti Microphone Asus USB-AC68 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 asus p7p55d-e pro EVGA gtx 460 Gskill ripjaws CL9 4gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar Black Zalman CNPS10x Performa Windows 7 Ultimate OEM Samsung 223BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft ergonomics 7000 Corsair 750tx AZZA Solano 1000 Some thing 
Mouse PadAudio
some generic thing Creative Sound Blaster Arena 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6800k Evga Micro2 Evga GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200mhz (one of the stup... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 750 800gb Samsung 950 Pro 256gb with AngelWing PX1 PCIE h... Lol Corsair H80i v2 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 Home 64bit CentOS 7 (in VM) Dell u2311h Dell u2311h 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Leopold FC660C Silverstone 700 sfx-l Platinum thing Silverstone FT03B Logitech MX Master 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Oppo HA2 Sony XBA Z5 Blue Yeti Microphone Asus USB-AC68 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 asus p7p55d-e pro EVGA gtx 460 Gskill ripjaws CL9 4gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar Black Zalman CNPS10x Performa Windows 7 Ultimate OEM Samsung 223BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft ergonomics 7000 Corsair 750tx AZZA Solano 1000 Some thing 
Mouse PadAudio
some generic thing Creative Sound Blaster Arena 
  hide details  
Reply
post #42 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spykerv View Post
I never said they were wrong, I kept saying IMO I'm sticking with seasonic. Pio with that sort of mob logic, I suppose you'd also agree that if the OP was asking for a new monitor, but said too keep it under $400, everyone would say HEY GET THE LED TV BECAUSE LED IS AMAZIGN. what if someone said IPS but everyone shot him down and said its not worth it, even if it fit the budget and was good. according to your mob logic theory, you should just buy the led because everyone says LED is the way to go. COme to think of it, if everyone recommends I jump off of a bridge, but one person says I shouldn't, I should ignore them and jump of a bridge, because everyone else says so. Proof is evidence, thats what phadearus usually provides. I'm sorry I look at things logically and not a crowd follower.

I took your information into consideration. Trust me. I don't read through all of the posts to only read the more popular members tips.

I know a good amount about ALL computer hardware. I just like to get some opinions before I buy anything.


Thank you for your help!
post #43 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEoBZ View Post
I took your information into consideration. Trust me. I don't read through all of the posts to only read the more popular members tips.

I know a good amount about ALL computer hardware. I just like to get some opinions before I buy anything.


Thank you for your help!
Thanks for your aknowledgement THEoBZ, and good luck with your new psu !!!


- Spykerv
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6800k Evga Micro2 Evga GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200mhz (one of the stup... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 750 800gb Samsung 950 Pro 256gb with AngelWing PX1 PCIE h... Lol Corsair H80i v2 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 Home 64bit CentOS 7 (in VM) Dell u2311h Dell u2311h 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Leopold FC660C Silverstone 700 sfx-l Platinum thing Silverstone FT03B Logitech MX Master 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Oppo HA2 Sony XBA Z5 Blue Yeti Microphone Asus USB-AC68 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 asus p7p55d-e pro EVGA gtx 460 Gskill ripjaws CL9 4gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar Black Zalman CNPS10x Performa Windows 7 Ultimate OEM Samsung 223BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft ergonomics 7000 Corsair 750tx AZZA Solano 1000 Some thing 
Mouse PadAudio
some generic thing Creative Sound Blaster Arena 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6800k Evga Micro2 Evga GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200mhz (one of the stup... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 750 800gb Samsung 950 Pro 256gb with AngelWing PX1 PCIE h... Lol Corsair H80i v2 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 Home 64bit CentOS 7 (in VM) Dell u2311h Dell u2311h 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Leopold FC660C Silverstone 700 sfx-l Platinum thing Silverstone FT03B Logitech MX Master 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Oppo HA2 Sony XBA Z5 Blue Yeti Microphone Asus USB-AC68 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 asus p7p55d-e pro EVGA gtx 460 Gskill ripjaws CL9 4gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar Black Zalman CNPS10x Performa Windows 7 Ultimate OEM Samsung 223BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft ergonomics 7000 Corsair 750tx AZZA Solano 1000 Some thing 
Mouse PadAudio
some generic thing Creative Sound Blaster Arena 
  hide details  
Reply
post #44 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spykerv View Post
I never said they were wrong, I kept saying IMO I'm sticking with seasonic. Pio with that sort of mob logic, I suppose you'd also agree that if the OP was asking for a new monitor, but said too keep it under $400, everyone would say HEY GET THE LED TV BECAUSE LED IS AMAZIGN. what if someone said IPS but everyone shot him down and said its not worth it, even if it fit the budget and was good. according to your mob logic theory, you should just buy the led because everyone says LED is the way to go. COme to think of it, if everyone recommends I jump off of a bridge, but one person says I shouldn't, I should ignore them and jump of a bridge, because everyone else says so. Proof is evidence, thats what phadearus usually provides. I'm sorry I look at things logically and not a crowd follower.
Sigh. Again, there was proof given BEFORE Phaedrus came into the thread. All he did was go more in depth into the differences between the Antec and the Seasonic. It was already stated on like the 3rd post that the Antec is, in fact, a Seasonic S12II. This is common knowledge to anybody that knows anything about current budget line PSU's.

And if somebody were to ask about monitors under $400, I can GUARANTEE IT, that IPS would be mentioned more than once. So your argument is null and void there. If anything, you'd have the odd "buy an LCD TV instead, its bigger", which would be the oddball advice on that subject. IPS or a GOOD TN panel would most likely be recommended from 90% of the users here for a $400 monitor. I would know...I've seen plenty of those threads .
Junkyard
(18 items)
 
NAStradamous
(12 items)
 
HTPC01
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2320 @ 3.1GHz MSI B75MA-E33 HIS HD7970 3GB @ 1050 / 1700, 1.17v Patriot 2x4GB DDR3-1066 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial MX100 256GB WD Green 2TB DVDRW Corsair H50 Push / Pull 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
NZXT 120mm fans strapped to stock 7970 cooler Windows 10 Pro Dell 3007WFP Dell 2007FP 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 2007FP Cheap Toshiba (R.I.P. Ducky) PC Power & Cooling Silencer MKIII 950w Cheap Garbage (free) 
MouseAudio
Logitech G602 Yardsale Special 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3330 Asus H61 MSI GTX 750Ti Low Profile 2x4GB Hynix DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
60GB Kingston SSD 1TB Seagate Samsung DVDRW CoolerMaster Gemin II 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 + Steam Big Picture / Plex HT 50" Insignia LED 1080p Logitech Rosewill Green 530w 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Silverstone HTPC Logitech Pioneer 2.0 tower speakers + 135w RMS Rosewill MCE Remote 
  hide details  
Reply
Junkyard
(18 items)
 
NAStradamous
(12 items)
 
HTPC01
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2320 @ 3.1GHz MSI B75MA-E33 HIS HD7970 3GB @ 1050 / 1700, 1.17v Patriot 2x4GB DDR3-1066 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial MX100 256GB WD Green 2TB DVDRW Corsair H50 Push / Pull 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
NZXT 120mm fans strapped to stock 7970 cooler Windows 10 Pro Dell 3007WFP Dell 2007FP 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 2007FP Cheap Toshiba (R.I.P. Ducky) PC Power & Cooling Silencer MKIII 950w Cheap Garbage (free) 
MouseAudio
Logitech G602 Yardsale Special 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3330 Asus H61 MSI GTX 750Ti Low Profile 2x4GB Hynix DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
60GB Kingston SSD 1TB Seagate Samsung DVDRW CoolerMaster Gemin II 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 + Steam Big Picture / Plex HT 50" Insignia LED 1080p Logitech Rosewill Green 530w 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Silverstone HTPC Logitech Pioneer 2.0 tower speakers + 135w RMS Rosewill MCE Remote 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneerisloud View Post
The Antec PSU was one of the first ones recommended. You were the ONLY person (at that point) recommending overkill units, which the OP stated he did NOT want. The very first post had enough evidence. The Antec Neo ECO will easily power any current single GPU card. Then you had a few people after that agreeing. How is that not enough evidence? There were also people saying that it is, in fact, a Seasonic built unit.

The only difference is that Phaedrus went into a LOT more detail about it. That's great and all, Phaedrus is awesome about knowing his PSU's. But that doesn't mean he's the ONLY person on this forum that knows what's a good unit to recommend.

Just because other people didn't give the answer that YOU think is sufficient doesn't mean they're wrong .
This.

@THEoBZ I didn't mean to blow up your thread, I was merely trying to make a (albeit strongly worded) point.
Rig
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k ga-x99-sli gigabyte 7970 wf 16gb 4x4 lpx 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
samsung 830 128gb ven x/gt ap-15 evga g2 650w corsair 450d 
Audio
jbl lsr305 
  hide details  
Reply
Rig
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k ga-x99-sli gigabyte 7970 wf 16gb 4x4 lpx 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
samsung 830 128gb ven x/gt ap-15 evga g2 650w corsair 450d 
Audio
jbl lsr305 
  hide details  
Reply
post #46 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBoy View Post
This.

@THEoBZ I didn't mean to blow up your thread, I was merely trying to make a (albeit strongly worded) point.
It happens, no harm done.

We as adults should be able to work out our problems, and we did so.


There is nothing wrong with a debate over who is right and who is wrong.

- Obz
post #47 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEoBZ View Post
It happens, no harm done.

We as adults should be able to work out our problems, and we did so.


There is nothing wrong with a debate over who is right and who is wrong.

- Obz
Yeah sorry to both Pio and Gameboy. Dont know if they can see this because I ignored them, but I apologize.

Sorry for debating on your thread, and everyone here is looking out foe you .

Good luck with your new Psu oBZ and congrats on the 1055t and 6850!
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6800k Evga Micro2 Evga GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200mhz (one of the stup... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 750 800gb Samsung 950 Pro 256gb with AngelWing PX1 PCIE h... Lol Corsair H80i v2 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 Home 64bit CentOS 7 (in VM) Dell u2311h Dell u2311h 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Leopold FC660C Silverstone 700 sfx-l Platinum thing Silverstone FT03B Logitech MX Master 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Oppo HA2 Sony XBA Z5 Blue Yeti Microphone Asus USB-AC68 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 asus p7p55d-e pro EVGA gtx 460 Gskill ripjaws CL9 4gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar Black Zalman CNPS10x Performa Windows 7 Ultimate OEM Samsung 223BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft ergonomics 7000 Corsair 750tx AZZA Solano 1000 Some thing 
Mouse PadAudio
some generic thing Creative Sound Blaster Arena 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6800k Evga Micro2 Evga GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200mhz (one of the stup... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 750 800gb Samsung 950 Pro 256gb with AngelWing PX1 PCIE h... Lol Corsair H80i v2 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 Home 64bit CentOS 7 (in VM) Dell u2311h Dell u2311h 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Leopold FC660C Silverstone 700 sfx-l Platinum thing Silverstone FT03B Logitech MX Master 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Oppo HA2 Sony XBA Z5 Blue Yeti Microphone Asus USB-AC68 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 asus p7p55d-e pro EVGA gtx 460 Gskill ripjaws CL9 4gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar Black Zalman CNPS10x Performa Windows 7 Ultimate OEM Samsung 223BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft ergonomics 7000 Corsair 750tx AZZA Solano 1000 Some thing 
Mouse PadAudio
some generic thing Creative Sound Blaster Arena 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Power Supplies
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › PSU for 1055 and a 6xxx