AMD Catalyst TwL Cleaner v3.9.2 found in this thread: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=332395
Driver Sweeper is no bueno.
I use these steps:
Edited by xira - 2/7/11 at 12:06pm
1. Uninstall AMD Catalyst Suite from Control Panel. Don't Express Unintall if you have an AMD chipset motherboard.
REBOOT IN SAFE MODE http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm
2. Open Device Manager (Control Panel> System and Security> System> Device Manager). Uninstall all devices in "Display adapters" class.Tick "Delete the Driver Software for this Device" also if available. DON'T right-click "Scan for hardware changes" afterward (we will do it later, we want the Display adapters class to be empty for now). Minimize Device Manager window.
3. Run latest "AMD Catalyst TwL Cleaner 3.9.2.cmd". Say yes to all deletion asked. Delete the pinpointed registry GUIDs (important). Don't reboot.
4. Go back to Device Manager windows. Right-click "Scan for hardware changes". [THIS IS IMPORTANT!! If you don't do this step you won't make it past the Windows loading screen, but don't panic you can just boot back into safemode again to do it if you forget.]
Reboot in Normal Mode.
5. Install your new AMD Catalyst driver.