Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [CVG]Battlefield 3 dev: 'You can't kill CoD by copying'
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[CVG]Battlefield 3 dev: 'You can't kill CoD by copying' - Page 3

post #21 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinWaffle View Post
At the end of the day, you won't kill COD, as it's so established as "the" shooter to have, and millions of 13 year olds beg their parents for it every few months, even though there are much better shooters out there.

Still, be interesting to see what BF3 comes up with.
this.

let them do their thing. no need to try and copy, like he says
Herschel
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770K ASRock Z87M Extreme4 eVGA GTX 680 2GB 12GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x 60GB SSD 1x 500GB, 1x 640GB, 1x 1TB Asus something or other Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer H236HLbid (23" 1920x1080) 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE198 (19". 1440x900) Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Seasonic X650 Antec P180 Mini White 
Mouse
Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
Herschel
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770K ASRock Z87M Extreme4 eVGA GTX 680 2GB 12GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x 60GB SSD 1x 500GB, 1x 640GB, 1x 1TB Asus something or other Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer H236HLbid (23" 1920x1080) 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE198 (19". 1440x900) Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Seasonic X650 Antec P180 Mini White 
Mouse
Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heret|c View Post
Battlefield games are PoS compared to CoD. Only nerds play them, because half the time you aren't even shooting your enemy, you are just drivig around in some tank for 10 miles
trying to find anyone, or waisting your time trying to capture some objective that no one cares about. If I want driving game I'll go play NFS. If I want to depend on my teammates and healers I'll play WoW. Also BFBC2 sucks because there's no strafing, which was a staple of gameplay, in all of the best PC games, like Doom, Quake, UT, CS there was always strafing.

The point is: people just want a deathmatch and kill their opponent not waist their time on repairing some tank, that's why Battlefield games suck.
And this is why CoD players get a reputation and 13 year old whining kids
post #23 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlo View Post
Well, i could tell you that any Battlefield game (Even 1942) is better than the newer CoD games.
AMEN BROTHER, TELL IT!!!

Then again, I'm still leery that BF3 is going to be a like BF Bad Company 2 which is obviously NOT like the original battlefield in shooting performance, all you have to do is just aim in the general direction of someone and hold down the fire button and it's auto-kill.... The hit box is so freaking huge even if you run around a corner they will still hit you!!!! (Of course online is where it gets insanely bad with all the hackers/cheaters and their evil code.)

Cover isn't cover, aiming isn't 100% true, and many weapons just don't make sense, like the tanks, I have to hit some people 3 times to kill them, but since when can someone stand up to a tank round in the chest? Online game play is STUPID...

BUGGY is the best word that describes Battlefield Bad Company 2, and that's the hardcore truth!

If they just port code from one edition to another or one platform to another, they will fail utterly, too many coders reuse bad code and that's what gets them into serious trouble, if they try to keep Battlefield PC like Battlefield Console or BF3 like Bad Company, they are going to fail with BF3...

They need to dedicate BF3 to a pure PC Game with GOOD coding, realistic game play, and IT MUST HAVE 100% ACCURACY & RELIABILITY! LOCK OUT SERVERS FROM CHANGING CODE & HOSTING A SERVER WITH CHEAT CODE!

It doesn't take a programmer to see that server admins on BFBC3 are using hacked buggy code, it's VERY obvious, the sad thing is, they are permitted to USE IT!!!

Battlefield has an infamous reputation, like the Counterstrike series, of being infected with hackers/cheaters to the point that online play is 100% pointless, truly.

(I've heard COD is the same way, but I refuse to play it, it looked bad.)

My Final words to the designers would be...

GET RID OF THE BUGGY/LAGGY & BAD GRAPHICS:

Examples:
Blood Splatter & Screen Painting (the ice) = Worst Idea EVER!
The Grenade Launchers are causing major lag spikes when they explode, in fact it's so bad sometimes it won't even play the animation!!! <<that's bad!
The snow blind thing is just bad as in utterly horrible!
Fix visibility or get out of business, that's 100% lame!

As far as the realism of recoil, getting hit with bullets making you lose your ability to aim & shoot = worst idea ever too...

IT'S A GAME IT'S MEANT TO BE FUN, NOT REALISTIC, so STOP IT!

And that's the bottom line, take it from an experienced gamer & game programmer or GO HOME YOU FAIL!
Edited by _GTech - 2/7/11 at 5:54am
The Rock
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
The Rock
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
post #24 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heret|c View Post
Battlefield games are PoS compared to CoD. Only nerds play battlefield, because half the time you aren't even shooting your enemy, you are just drivig around in some tank for 10 miles trying to find anyone, or waisting your time trying to capture some objective that no one cares about. If I want driving game I'll go play NFS. If I want to depend on my teammates and healers I'll play WoW. Also BFBC2 sucks because there's no strafing, which was a staple of gameplay, in all of the best PC games, like Doom, Quake, UT, CS there was always strafing.

The point is: first person shooter should be about, well, shooting, not waisting your time repairing some tank.
Umm... have you even played it... there is strafing... you just cant sprint and strafe... which im pretty sure all the games you mentioned you cant even sprint in... try to strafe and sprint IRL and see how well that works for you...
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 7700k Z270M-DH3 UD 1151 MATX Zotac 1070 Amp! Edition CORSAIR 16GB 2X8 D4 3200 C16 VLPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 250GB 850 EVO Samsung 250GB 850 EVO Corsair 64GB M4 CORSAIR H110i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 ASUS VG248QE 24" 1920x1080 144Hz  Corsair K65 - Cherry Reds SEASONIC 80PLUS GOLD X-650 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
NZXT S340 Mid Tower Computer Case Logitech G502 SteelSeries QcK mass 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Gigabyte Z68X-ED3H-B3 EVGA GTX 680 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 HyperX Genesis 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
256GB Samsung OEM SSD (SLOW POS) 64GB Samsung 830 64GB Crucial M4 Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Alienware OptX AW2310 Saitek Eclipse Seasonic X750 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 650D Logitech G500 Creative Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 7700k Z270M-DH3 UD 1151 MATX Zotac 1070 Amp! Edition CORSAIR 16GB 2X8 D4 3200 C16 VLPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 250GB 850 EVO Samsung 250GB 850 EVO Corsair 64GB M4 CORSAIR H110i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 ASUS VG248QE 24" 1920x1080 144Hz  Corsair K65 - Cherry Reds SEASONIC 80PLUS GOLD X-650 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
NZXT S340 Mid Tower Computer Case Logitech G502 SteelSeries QcK mass 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Gigabyte Z68X-ED3H-B3 EVGA GTX 680 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 HyperX Genesis 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
256GB Samsung OEM SSD (SLOW POS) 64GB Samsung 830 64GB Crucial M4 Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Alienware OptX AW2310 Saitek Eclipse Seasonic X750 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 650D Logitech G500 Creative Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex98uk View Post
And this is why CoD players get a reputation and 13 year old whining kids
Come on now, don't feed the troll

And no its not because he doesn't agree BF is awesome, its because he said you can't strafe when you can, you just can't do it while you run.
Nighthawk Redux
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3820 RAMPAGE IV EXTREME Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690 G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Force Series GT WD Caviar Black ASUS 24X DVD Burner Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 42" LG 42LD550 Logitech G19 Corsair AX850 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec DF-85 Logitech G500 X-Trac Ripper XL Asus Xonar Essence STX 
Audio
Blue Yeti Pro Microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
Nighthawk Redux
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3820 RAMPAGE IV EXTREME Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690 G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Force Series GT WD Caviar Black ASUS 24X DVD Burner Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 42" LG 42LD550 Logitech G19 Corsair AX850 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec DF-85 Logitech G500 X-Trac Ripper XL Asus Xonar Essence STX 
Audio
Blue Yeti Pro Microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 135
I rarely strafe when running in real life. I don't find it useful....
post #27 of 135
Try to get shot irl, see how that works for you. If you like realism in games so much, go buy a game where your character has to go to the hospital for months after you get shot.

In case, you didn't get my point: sometimes too much realism is stupid.
Edited by Heret|c - 2/7/11 at 5:56am
Fatal1ty
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.2GHz XFX 780i SLI EVGA 480 + Zotac 480 2 x 2GB G. Skill DDR2 @ 800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 2x 250GB RAID 0 LG 48xDVD/RW Windows 7 x64 Professional 3 x Acer GD235HZ 120Hz 2ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 1220 KingWin Mach 1 Coolermaster HAF - X Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Razer eXactMat 
  hide details  
Reply
Fatal1ty
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.2GHz XFX 780i SLI EVGA 480 + Zotac 480 2 x 2GB G. Skill DDR2 @ 800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 2x 250GB RAID 0 LG 48xDVD/RW Windows 7 x64 Professional 3 x Acer GD235HZ 120Hz 2ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 1220 KingWin Mach 1 Coolermaster HAF - X Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Razer eXactMat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heret|c View Post
Try to get shot irl, see how that works for you. If you like realism in games so much, go buy a game where your character has to go to the hospital for months after you get shot.
I don't like realism games... hence I play BF2/BF3... It's an arcade shooter in a realistic context.
post #29 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heret|c View Post
Try to get shot irl, see how that works for you. If you like realism in games so much, go buy a game where your character has to go to the hospital for months after you get shot.

In case, you didn't get my point: sometimes too much realism is stupid.
It wasn't so much an argument about realism, it was an argument about facts.
In case, YOU didn't get my point: Your argument about strafing is completely wrong, you can strafe that is it.

I do however agree with the driving to an extent... if you miss the ride... you have quite a long run ahead of you.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 7700k Z270M-DH3 UD 1151 MATX Zotac 1070 Amp! Edition CORSAIR 16GB 2X8 D4 3200 C16 VLPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 250GB 850 EVO Samsung 250GB 850 EVO Corsair 64GB M4 CORSAIR H110i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 ASUS VG248QE 24" 1920x1080 144Hz  Corsair K65 - Cherry Reds SEASONIC 80PLUS GOLD X-650 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
NZXT S340 Mid Tower Computer Case Logitech G502 SteelSeries QcK mass 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Gigabyte Z68X-ED3H-B3 EVGA GTX 680 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 HyperX Genesis 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
256GB Samsung OEM SSD (SLOW POS) 64GB Samsung 830 64GB Crucial M4 Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Alienware OptX AW2310 Saitek Eclipse Seasonic X750 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 650D Logitech G500 Creative Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 7700k Z270M-DH3 UD 1151 MATX Zotac 1070 Amp! Edition CORSAIR 16GB 2X8 D4 3200 C16 VLPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 250GB 850 EVO Samsung 250GB 850 EVO Corsair 64GB M4 CORSAIR H110i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 ASUS VG248QE 24" 1920x1080 144Hz  Corsair K65 - Cherry Reds SEASONIC 80PLUS GOLD X-650 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
NZXT S340 Mid Tower Computer Case Logitech G502 SteelSeries QcK mass 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Gigabyte Z68X-ED3H-B3 EVGA GTX 680 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 HyperX Genesis 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
256GB Samsung OEM SSD (SLOW POS) 64GB Samsung 830 64GB Crucial M4 Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Alienware OptX AW2310 Saitek Eclipse Seasonic X750 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 650D Logitech G500 Creative Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heret|c View Post
Battlefield games are PoS compared to CoD. Only nerds play battlefield, because half the time you aren't even shooting your enemy, you are just drivig around in some tank for 10 miles trying to find anyone, or waisting your time trying to capture some objective that no one cares about. If I want driving game I'll go play NFS. If I want to depend on my teammates and healers I'll play WoW. Also BFBC2 sucks because there's no strafing, which was a staple of gameplay, in all of the best PC games, like Doom, Quake, UT, CS there was always strafing.

The point is: first person shooter should be about, well, shooting, not waisting your time repairing some tank.

Oh snap guys, look out, this guy's way too cool for us. Battlefield doesn't have enough blood and gore for cool guys like this.

I wish I could harness at least a fraction of the coolness that this guy exudes.

Really guy, calling out Battlefield players as nerds on an overclocking forum?

Also it sounds like you were a terrible Battlefield player, if you're driving around without anyone to shoot.
Workstation #1
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Asus ROG Crosshair VI Gigabyte GTX 1080 Crucial Ballistix Sport 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX300 1TB M.2 SSD Hitachi 2TB Sata 3.0 HDD Crucial MX300 1TB 2.5" SSD WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsiair H110i Windows 10 Pro x64 3x Dell U2717D 2560x1440 monitors Coolermaster Masterkeys TKL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair CX750M Corsair 600C Logitech G900 Corsair MM200 XL 
Audio
Onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3540M Dell Latitude E6430 Intel HD4000 6GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
128GB Samsung 841 SSD DVD-ROM drive Stock Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
1600x900 Latitude E6430 screen Das Keyboard Model S Professional Stock Dell Latitude D6430 Chassis 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Steelseries Kinzu V2 Pro None Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Workstation #1
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Asus ROG Crosshair VI Gigabyte GTX 1080 Crucial Ballistix Sport 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial MX300 1TB M.2 SSD Hitachi 2TB Sata 3.0 HDD Crucial MX300 1TB 2.5" SSD WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsiair H110i Windows 10 Pro x64 3x Dell U2717D 2560x1440 monitors Coolermaster Masterkeys TKL 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair CX750M Corsair 600C Logitech G900 Corsair MM200 XL 
Audio
Onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3540M Dell Latitude E6430 Intel HD4000 6GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
128GB Samsung 841 SSD DVD-ROM drive Stock Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
1600x900 Latitude E6430 screen Das Keyboard Model S Professional Stock Dell Latitude D6430 Chassis 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Steelseries Kinzu V2 Pro None Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [CVG]Battlefield 3 dev: 'You can't kill CoD by copying'