Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Phones › iPhone/service questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iPhone/service questions

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
hey guys,

im usually informed pretty well on tech stuff but i have some questions about the new iphone for verizon and how things will work.

1) on the verizon website it says that online you can buy it on 2/9/11 at 3:01 am east, does that mean for the west it would be midnight or do we have to wait for our own 3:01
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/iphone.jsp

2)are all physical verizon and apple stores going to open at 7 and have iphones?

3) how do verizon phone bills work? do you pay the start up fee, and the month fee when you start up or at the end of the month?

4)any other info or advice i should have before i buy one? dont bother trying to talk me into waiting for iphone 5 cuz my phone just broke lastnight for good and i need a new phone and im not gonna buy a new one and wait for 5? i really need to get an iphone 4 this week!

thanks guys for the info! its my first time starting my own service!
Michael Bay
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus ROG Gene Z MSI GTX 680 G.SKILL Sniper 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 1TB 7200 RPM Samsung Evo SSD SAMSUNG Black Blu-ray Drive H80 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win7 HP ASUS VH238H Black 23" Samsung 42inch plasma Corsair Vengeance k70 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 Fractal Designs Define Mini RAZER Spectre StarCraft II Gaming Mouse Razer Pad 
AudioAudioOther
Sony 5.1 Surround Sennheiser HD558 Corsair Air Series 
  hide details  
Reply
Michael Bay
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus ROG Gene Z MSI GTX 680 G.SKILL Sniper 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 1TB 7200 RPM Samsung Evo SSD SAMSUNG Black Blu-ray Drive H80 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win7 HP ASUS VH238H Black 23" Samsung 42inch plasma Corsair Vengeance k70 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 Fractal Designs Define Mini RAZER Spectre StarCraft II Gaming Mouse Razer Pad 
AudioAudioOther
Sony 5.1 Surround Sennheiser HD558 Corsair Air Series 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 16
Thread Starter 
oh and does anyone know how apple and verizon settled on verizons "Vcast" ordeal?
Michael Bay
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus ROG Gene Z MSI GTX 680 G.SKILL Sniper 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 1TB 7200 RPM Samsung Evo SSD SAMSUNG Black Blu-ray Drive H80 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win7 HP ASUS VH238H Black 23" Samsung 42inch plasma Corsair Vengeance k70 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 Fractal Designs Define Mini RAZER Spectre StarCraft II Gaming Mouse Razer Pad 
AudioAudioOther
Sony 5.1 Surround Sennheiser HD558 Corsair Air Series 
  hide details  
Reply
Michael Bay
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus ROG Gene Z MSI GTX 680 G.SKILL Sniper 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 1TB 7200 RPM Samsung Evo SSD SAMSUNG Black Blu-ray Drive H80 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win7 HP ASUS VH238H Black 23" Samsung 42inch plasma Corsair Vengeance k70 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 Fractal Designs Define Mini RAZER Spectre StarCraft II Gaming Mouse Razer Pad 
AudioAudioOther
Sony 5.1 Surround Sennheiser HD558 Corsair Air Series 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by earwig1990 View Post
hey guys,

im usually informed pretty well on tech stuff but i have some questions about the new iphone for verizon and how things will work.

1) on the verizon website it says that online you can buy it on 2/9/11 at 3:01 am east, does that mean for the west it would be midnight or do we have to wait for our own 3:01
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/iphone.jsp

2)are all physical verizon and apple stores going to open at 7 and have iphones?

3) how do verizon phone bills work? do you pay the start up fee, and the month fee when you start up or at the end of the month?

4)any other info or advice i should have before i buy one? dont bother trying to talk me into waiting for iphone 5 cuz my phone just broke lastnight for good and i need a new phone and im not gonna buy a new one and wait for 5? i really need to get an iphone 4 this week!

thanks guys for the info! its my first time starting my own service!
1. Time zones man. If it's 3AM EST then it will be 12AM PST, meaning 12AM PST you can order it.

2. VZW/Apple/Best Buy stores will be selling the iPhone 4.

3. VZW bills work just like every other service, usually there is or there isn't an activation fee. Not sure if they will be waving it for iPhone 4 launch. Maybe you should look here, VZW Frequently Asked Billing Questions.

4. I highly doubt anyone will tell you to wait for a iPhone 5, since there hasn't even been any rumors or speculations about it. What else do you need to know? Good luck waiting in lines at the Apple/VZW stores, I'd hit up Best Buy because not too many people know they will be selling them there on launch day. Another thing, you dead set on getting the iPhone? Android line up on VZW is pretty stacked and pretty nice.
post #4 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbudden View Post
1. Time zones man. If it's 3AM EST then it will be 12AM PST, meaning 12AM PST you can order it.

2. VZW/Apple/Best Buy stores will be selling the iPhone 4.

3. VZW bills work just like every other service, usually there is or there isn't an activation fee. Not sure if they will be waving it for iPhone 4 launch. Maybe you should look here, VZW Frequently Asked Billing Questions.

4. I highly doubt anyone will tell you to wait for a iPhone 5, since there hasn't even been any rumors or speculations about it. What else do you need to know? Good luck waiting in lines at the Apple/VZW stores, I'd hit up Best Buy because not too many people know they will be selling them there on launch day. Another thing, you dead set on getting the iPhone? Android line up on VZW is pretty stacked and pretty nice.
+REP thanks man for your answers...

yes i am dead set on iphone for a couple reasons, 1 im sick of carrying around my phone AND ipod touch together.
2 i do film a lot with pocket HD cameras and it would be nice to have it all in one device that actually looks pretty darn good.
3 the android os is pretty cool but im more an iOS fanboi
4 i have a girlfriend that is an hour away and i facetime would be my bff with that.

are you sure bby is selling opening day? i didnt hear about that i heard a few walmarts would be but not bby?

and the reasons for all the service money questions is i dont get paid til friday (checks not going through til saturday) and i need to make sure i can afford it with what i have in the bank now. and im 20 and first time service starter

and youd be surprised ive been getting people giving me crapola constantly to wait for iphone 5 and i was thinkin bout it but after my phone broke lastnight, i think it was gods way of saying DONT WAIT lol
Michael Bay
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus ROG Gene Z MSI GTX 680 G.SKILL Sniper 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 1TB 7200 RPM Samsung Evo SSD SAMSUNG Black Blu-ray Drive H80 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win7 HP ASUS VH238H Black 23" Samsung 42inch plasma Corsair Vengeance k70 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 Fractal Designs Define Mini RAZER Spectre StarCraft II Gaming Mouse Razer Pad 
AudioAudioOther
Sony 5.1 Surround Sennheiser HD558 Corsair Air Series 
  hide details  
Reply
Michael Bay
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus ROG Gene Z MSI GTX 680 G.SKILL Sniper 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 1TB 7200 RPM Samsung Evo SSD SAMSUNG Black Blu-ray Drive H80 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win7 HP ASUS VH238H Black 23" Samsung 42inch plasma Corsair Vengeance k70 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 Fractal Designs Define Mini RAZER Spectre StarCraft II Gaming Mouse Razer Pad 
AudioAudioOther
Sony 5.1 Surround Sennheiser HD558 Corsair Air Series 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 16
i'm assuming your going to be a new verizon customer? keep in mind they might charge you a 400 dollar fee for assurance that will eventually re-reimburse.
RYZEN
(13 items)
 
x58
(14 items)
 
Mac Pro 4.1
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700x Gaming 3 Micro AM4 ASUS Strix GTX 1070 G.SKILL 3200mhz  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial m4  Noctua D14 Windows 10  Dell p2715Q 4k 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech solar wireless  Seasonic PRIME 750  TT V21 Core  logitech g9 
Audio
Audioengine A2+ 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon x5675 4.4ghz @1.3v gigabyte X58A-UD7 rev1 EVGA GTX 1080 Crucial Ballistix 2x8gb 1600mhz 1.35v CL7 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
480gb m.2 Kingston Hyperx Predator  Cryorig R1 Universal window 10 Home x64  Dell P2715Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 MX Blue Seasonic Prime 750watt Corsair Obisidian 800D logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
corsair 
CPUCPUGraphicsRAM
xeon 5500 xeon 5500 gtx 260 samsung ecc 
OSMonitorKeyboardMouse
Yosemite  dell 27 4k IPS 60hz logitech wireless solar keyboard logitech g500 
  hide details  
Reply
RYZEN
(13 items)
 
x58
(14 items)
 
Mac Pro 4.1
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700x Gaming 3 Micro AM4 ASUS Strix GTX 1070 G.SKILL 3200mhz  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial m4  Noctua D14 Windows 10  Dell p2715Q 4k 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech solar wireless  Seasonic PRIME 750  TT V21 Core  logitech g9 
Audio
Audioengine A2+ 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon x5675 4.4ghz @1.3v gigabyte X58A-UD7 rev1 EVGA GTX 1080 Crucial Ballistix 2x8gb 1600mhz 1.35v CL7 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
480gb m.2 Kingston Hyperx Predator  Cryorig R1 Universal window 10 Home x64  Dell P2715Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 MX Blue Seasonic Prime 750watt Corsair Obisidian 800D logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
corsair 
CPUCPUGraphicsRAM
xeon 5500 xeon 5500 gtx 260 samsung ecc 
OSMonitorKeyboardMouse
Yosemite  dell 27 4k IPS 60hz logitech wireless solar keyboard logitech g500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kckyle View Post
i'm assuming your going to be a new verizon customer? keep in mind they might charge you a 400 dollar fee for assurance that will eventually re-reimburse.
i dont understand? and yes i have verizon on my moms bill right now but starting my own on verizon when iphone comes out
Michael Bay
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus ROG Gene Z MSI GTX 680 G.SKILL Sniper 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 1TB 7200 RPM Samsung Evo SSD SAMSUNG Black Blu-ray Drive H80 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win7 HP ASUS VH238H Black 23" Samsung 42inch plasma Corsair Vengeance k70 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 Fractal Designs Define Mini RAZER Spectre StarCraft II Gaming Mouse Razer Pad 
AudioAudioOther
Sony 5.1 Surround Sennheiser HD558 Corsair Air Series 
  hide details  
Reply
Michael Bay
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus ROG Gene Z MSI GTX 680 G.SKILL Sniper 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 1TB 7200 RPM Samsung Evo SSD SAMSUNG Black Blu-ray Drive H80 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win7 HP ASUS VH238H Black 23" Samsung 42inch plasma Corsair Vengeance k70 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 Fractal Designs Define Mini RAZER Spectre StarCraft II Gaming Mouse Razer Pad 
AudioAudioOther
Sony 5.1 Surround Sennheiser HD558 Corsair Air Series 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by earwig1990 View Post
+REP thanks man for your answers...

yes i am dead set on iphone for a couple reasons, 1 im sick of carrying around my phone AND ipod touch together.
2 i do film a lot with pocket HD cameras and it would be nice to have it all in one device that actually looks pretty darn good.
3 the android os is pretty cool but im more an iOS fanboi
4 i have a girlfriend that is an hour away and i facetime would be my bff with that.

are you sure bby is selling opening day? i didnt hear about that i heard a few walmarts would be but not bby?

and the reasons for all the service money questions is i dont get paid til friday (checks not going through til saturday) and i need to make sure i can afford it with what i have in the bank now. and im 20 and first time service starter

and youd be surprised ive been getting people giving me crapola constantly to wait for iphone 5 and i was thinkin bout it but after my phone broke lastnight, i think it was gods way of saying DONT WAIT lol
Understandable why you're going with the iPhone. I'm not a iPhone hater by any means. Owned 2G, 3G, 3GS, but I'm a Blackberry kind of guy. iOS got a little stale after a while, but nevertheless it's a very capable platform.

I'm sure that Best Buy will be selling the iPhone. Source.

Of course, of course. Since you said that you are new to the service contracts etc. Do you have credit? If so, they probably won't make you pay a deposit. If not, they will make you pay a deposit, but you will get that back after a year.

And to be honest, I see the iPhone 5 coming out around the time that LTE is finally put into place. And that's the end of the year, next year almost. So that would be a bit of a wait.
post #8 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbudden View Post
Understandable why you're going with the iPhone. I'm not a iPhone hater by any means. Owned 2G, 3G, 3GS, but I'm a Blackberry kind of guy. iOS got a little stale after a while, but nevertheless it's a very capable platform.

I'm sure that Best Buy will be selling the iPhone. Source.

Of course, of course. Since you said that you are new to the service contracts etc. Do you have credit? If so, they probably won't make you pay a deposit. If not, they will make you pay a deposit, but you will get that back after a year.

And to be honest, I see the iPhone 5 coming out around the time that LTE is finally put into place. And that's the end of the year, next year almost. So that would be a bit of a wait.
yes i have credit i bought a brand new car almost a year ago and i have student loans, the car was cosigned but i still pay for it all myself and the loans. i dont know what my score is tho. ive never missed a car payment and i missed loan payment maybe 2 times in the last 2 years but paid huge amounts after i missed it.

if rumors are correct and steve-o sticks to his yearly thing, he should put out another iphone in june but as said before thats too far for me to wait especially considering theres no 100% sure-ness
Michael Bay
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus ROG Gene Z MSI GTX 680 G.SKILL Sniper 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 1TB 7200 RPM Samsung Evo SSD SAMSUNG Black Blu-ray Drive H80 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win7 HP ASUS VH238H Black 23" Samsung 42inch plasma Corsair Vengeance k70 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 Fractal Designs Define Mini RAZER Spectre StarCraft II Gaming Mouse Razer Pad 
AudioAudioOther
Sony 5.1 Surround Sennheiser HD558 Corsair Air Series 
  hide details  
Reply
Michael Bay
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus ROG Gene Z MSI GTX 680 G.SKILL Sniper 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 1TB 7200 RPM Samsung Evo SSD SAMSUNG Black Blu-ray Drive H80 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win7 HP ASUS VH238H Black 23" Samsung 42inch plasma Corsair Vengeance k70 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 Fractal Designs Define Mini RAZER Spectre StarCraft II Gaming Mouse Razer Pad 
AudioAudioOther
Sony 5.1 Surround Sennheiser HD558 Corsair Air Series 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 16
You should be good, but do remember, they could make you pay a deposit. It's usually around 400$. But as I said, you do get that back at the end of your first year of complete payments.
post #10 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbudden View Post
You should be good, but do remember, they could make you pay a deposit. It's usually around 400$. But as I said, you do get that back at the end of your first year of complete payments.
im gonna be really upset if i show up at a store and the dBags make me pay a deposit cuz i wont have enough for it so it will be a waste. again thanks for your info my man!
Michael Bay
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus ROG Gene Z MSI GTX 680 G.SKILL Sniper 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 1TB 7200 RPM Samsung Evo SSD SAMSUNG Black Blu-ray Drive H80 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win7 HP ASUS VH238H Black 23" Samsung 42inch plasma Corsair Vengeance k70 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 Fractal Designs Define Mini RAZER Spectre StarCraft II Gaming Mouse Razer Pad 
AudioAudioOther
Sony 5.1 Surround Sennheiser HD558 Corsair Air Series 
  hide details  
Reply
Michael Bay
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus ROG Gene Z MSI GTX 680 G.SKILL Sniper 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 1TB 7200 RPM Samsung Evo SSD SAMSUNG Black Blu-ray Drive H80 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win7 HP ASUS VH238H Black 23" Samsung 42inch plasma Corsair Vengeance k70 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 Fractal Designs Define Mini RAZER Spectre StarCraft II Gaming Mouse Razer Pad 
AudioAudioOther
Sony 5.1 Surround Sennheiser HD558 Corsair Air Series 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Phones
Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Phones › iPhone/service questions