Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › [Finished] System building $5 reward
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Finished] System building $5 reward - Page 7

post #61 of 71
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771 View Post
Another great video card choice (should be just slightly behind, going by GT 240 = 9600GT = HD 4670): Sapphire HD 4650 - $44, $30 AR
Mind getting a $10 newegg gift card instead of $5 paypal?
in ~1 week though ><
D
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k MSI M7 R9 380 TridentZ 
OSCase
Windows 10 Corsair 750d 
  hide details  
Reply
D
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k MSI M7 R9 380 TridentZ 
OSCase
Windows 10 Corsair 750d 
  hide details  
Reply
post #62 of 71
xd strikes again!
I wonder if Newegg gift cards let you save on shipping costs as well as parts costs (and if that one will work in Canada)... that'd be perfect for this cable that I really need for my Delta fans (0.8A/fan for the lose)

Some very last minute ideas:
If you don't mind that 9-day wait to get that $19 check back from Gigabyte, you can put that DVD drive back in if it's absolutely necessary, or go back to the Kingston HyperX Blu RAM as well as the $20 mouse/keyboard.
post #63 of 71
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771 View Post
xd strikes again!
I wonder if Newegg gift cards let you save on shipping costs as well as parts costs (and if that one will work in Canada)... that'd be perfect for this cable that I really need for my Delta fans (0.8A/fan for the lose)

Some very last minute ideas:
If you don't mind that 9-day wait to get that $19 check back from Gigabyte, you can put that DVD drive back in if it's absolutely necessary, or go back to the Kingston HyperX Blu RAM as well as the $20 mouse/keyboard.
grats..
well gonna sleep now...
sending you the giftcard asap unless you want the $5 paypal...
or someone ninjas you and finds a better deal
D
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k MSI M7 R9 380 TridentZ 
OSCase
Windows 10 Corsair 750d 
  hide details  
Reply
D
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k MSI M7 R9 380 TridentZ 
OSCase
Windows 10 Corsair 750d 
  hide details  
Reply
post #64 of 71
I think the best choice would be $5 over paypal, I'm not entirely sure if gift cards can be used to cover for shipping costs (the real killer on Newegg.ca, haha)
I'll get to you with a PM in a moment

Can someone confirm it for me if Newegg gift cards can cover for shipping though?
EDIT: Never mind, I'll just risk it with the gift card, assuming it is treated like cash and pays for shipping too. If I can't use it to pay for my shipping costs, I'll just give it away again most likely
Edited by xd_1771 - 2/7/11 at 10:19pm
post #65 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771 View Post
I think the best choice would be $5 over paypal, I'm not entirely sure if gift cards can be used to cover for shipping costs (the real killer on Newegg.ca, haha)
I'll get to you with a PM in a moment

Can someone confirm it for me if Newegg gift cards can cover for shipping though?
EDIT: Never mind, I'll just risk it with the gift card, assuming it is treated like cash and pays for shipping too. If I can't use it to pay for my shipping costs, I'll just give it away again most likely
If it can't pay for shipping then your cash will cover the shipping and card will be applied to items.

Either way it will take 10 bucks off the total.

I think the question is will it work for the .ca site.
550D
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700K Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ SSC 4 x 4GB Samsung Green 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial 240gb Samsung EVO 250gb Corsair H80 Win7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix 2560x1440p Quickfire TK MX Brown XFX 750w Black Edition Corsair 550D 
MouseMouse Pad
Lefty Deathadder X Trac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
550D
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700K Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ SSC 4 x 4GB Samsung Green 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial 240gb Samsung EVO 250gb Corsair H80 Win7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix 2560x1440p Quickfire TK MX Brown XFX 750w Black Edition Corsair 550D 
MouseMouse Pad
Lefty Deathadder X Trac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
post #66 of 71

I hope you ordered right away, some of those deals have disappeared on Newegg! (Actually a lot have disappeared lately, incl. some of my favourites )
(You're only affected in terms of hard drive, video card (if you chose the GT 240, the 4650 is fine). There are still alternatives:
Just found this one:

- $34.53 shipped [Amazon]
LG 24X DVD - $17 shipped [Newegg]
post #67 of 71
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771 View Post
I hope you ordered right away, some of those deals have disappeared on Newegg! (Actually a lot have disappeared lately, incl. some of my favourites )
(You're only affected in terms of hard drive, video card (if you chose the GT 240, the 4650 is fine). There are still alternatives:
Just found this one: WD Blue 500GB - $34.53 shipped [Amazon]
LG 24X DVD - $17 shipped [Newegg]
It's pretty fine.
I could convince him to loosen his budget a few bucks more.
Only deal I'm ACTUALLY concerned about is the Cpu+free mobo.
When does that end?
How do I even get the free mobo lol
As for your newegg gift card it's coming as soon as I build it.
You're pretty much cemented in.
Nobody can steal your prize now.
D
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k MSI M7 R9 380 TridentZ 
OSCase
Windows 10 Corsair 750d 
  hide details  
Reply
D
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k MSI M7 R9 380 TridentZ 
OSCase
Windows 10 Corsair 750d 
  hide details  
Reply
post #68 of 71
You go to the store
You ask them for that
(Or simply add the two to your cart and make an 18-minute ready order)
Avoid them trying to tell you to buy RAM from their store too (which happened to me once )

The deal only works with that motherboard & CPU only, and it's still available (16 of the CPU left in stock though! Hurry!)

I also think you should put [Finished] in the thread title
Edited by xd_1771 - 2/8/11 at 5:23pm
post #69 of 71
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771 View Post
You go to the store
You ask them for that
(Or simply add the two to your cart and make an 18-minute ready order)
Avoid them trying to tell you to buy RAM from their store too (which happened to me once )

I also think you should put [Finished] in the thread title
http://www.microcenter.com/specials/...ndlePROMO.html
Not on there, but it still applies?
D
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k MSI M7 R9 380 TridentZ 
OSCase
Windows 10 Corsair 750d 
  hide details  
Reply
D
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k MSI M7 R9 380 TridentZ 
OSCase
Windows 10 Corsair 750d 
  hide details  
Reply
post #70 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoItsNotDavid View Post
http://www.microcenter.com/specials/...ndlePROMO.html
Not on there, but it still applies?
The deal works when the motherboard & Athlon II x2 CPU are both in your shopping cart. Motherboard shows up as 1 cent. I'm pretty sure you can also get this in-store. It's not exactly advertised anywhere except OCN's online deals section right now.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD - General
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › [Finished] System building $5 reward