Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › From 6870 crossfire to gtx 570?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

From 6870 crossfire to gtx 570? - Page 4

post #31 of 49
Is this the OC Guru program You were looking for? :

http://www.gigabyte.com/support-down...lity.aspx?cg=3
post #32 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi3l View Post
Agreed with above. Quite a few GTX 570s are dying when you overclock.
No they don't
Mine is at 1.1V (1.0V Stock 3D)
900 core from 732

They only die if people disable power limiter.
Disabling that doesn't improve FPS in anything except for Furmark/OCCT, etc, so whats the point? Not meant to be disabled
Sandyman
(14 items)
 
Lenovo Y500
(8 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 3630QM GT 650M SLI 2x4GB DDR3 1600 MHz Sandisk Extreme II 240GB 
Optical DriveOSMonitorMouse
None Windows 8 15.6" 1080p Steelseries Sensei RAW 
  hide details  
Reply
Sandyman
(14 items)
 
Lenovo Y500
(8 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 3630QM GT 650M SLI 2x4GB DDR3 1600 MHz Sandisk Extreme II 240GB 
Optical DriveOSMonitorMouse
None Windows 8 15.6" 1080p Steelseries Sensei RAW 
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post
Increasing voltage on GTX570 is a risky business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey I7 View Post
GTX 570= FIRE. imo... from what i've seen here from all our trusted members posts.
Really? Should I brake it down for you guys?

User:
Core Voltage: 1.212V (1.223 with DMM)
Clocks: 1100/1200
OCP/Power limit disabled: Nope!
Load Temperature: -40C
VRM Cooling: Stock unisink / cold from phase / fan
What you were doing: Running Vantage Performance

User:
Core Voltage: 1.1v
Clocks:900/1800/2100
OCP/Power limit disabled: Yes via /GTX500OCP gpu-z argument.
Load Temperature: 58*C, it never went above 45 with power limit enabled.
VRM Cooling: DDGTX580
What you were doing: OCCT

User:
Core Voltage: 1.05
Clocks: 880/2000
OCP/Power limit disabled: Yes, via GPUZ 1.5.1 & /GTX500OCP
Load Temperature: 44'C
VRM Cooling: Accelero Xtreme VR sinks (+2 extra 120mm fans blowing on them)
What you were doing: OCCT GPU, full screen/complexity 8.

User:
Core Voltage: 1.2v
Clocks: 920/1840/2200
OCP/Power limit disabled: No
Load Temperature: 70 C
VRM Cooling: Stock
What you were doing: Benchmarking with 3dMark 11

User:
Core Voltage:1.100(After burner)1.034 GPU-Z
Clocks:875/1750/2000
OCP/Power limit disabled: Yes (Hit 105A in GPU-Z)
Load Temperature: 80
VRM Cooling: Stock
What you were doing: Furmark stress testing

User:
Core Voltage: 1.100
Clocks: 900/1800/2000
OCP/Power limit disabled: No!
Load Temperature:
VRM Cooling: Twin Frozr II Unisink (I wont buy MSI for their track record with AMD boards)
What you were doing: Unigine Heaven

User:
Core Voltage: Unlocked to 1.2v was around 1.17 at the time
Clocks: 980/2200 - 920/2000
OCP/Power limit disabled: N
Load Temperature: 70c
VRM Cooling: Stock
What you were doing: Crysis


Now no offense to these members (thats why I left the names out) but come on guys there is a limit, when you push something over it things like this can happen. As you can see the only card that died that wasnt stress testing with OCCT or the like was the Twin Frozor II. I dont buy MSI for one because of the track record with AMD boards dying and they taunt military class components (I'm in the military and I know what kind of junk we use, trust me most of the computer equipment is nothing special).

BTW in case you guys dont know what OCP means its Over Current Protection.
Edited by nagle3092 - 2/9/11 at 9:14am
 
Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770K MSI Z97S Krait XFX RX 480 Black Edition XFX RX 480 Black Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill Trident X 2666mhz Intel 530 Sandisk Extreme Pro LG WH14NS40 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG WH16NS40 Noctua NH-D14 Win 10 64-Bit BenQ XL2730Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ Seasonic Platinum 1000w Fractal Design R5 Zowie FK1+ 
Mouse PadOtherOther
XTrac Ripper XXL  4 x Vardar F-4 120mm (2x NH-D14, 2x Bottom Intake) 3 x Vardar F-3 140mm Intake (two front, one side) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Celeron J1800 QNAP Proprietary  Intel HD Graphics Crucial 8GB Kit 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Stock Embedded Linux External, 96 W, 100-240 V TS-451 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770K MSI Z97S Krait XFX RX 480 Black Edition XFX RX 480 Black Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill Trident X 2666mhz Intel 530 Sandisk Extreme Pro LG WH14NS40 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG WH16NS40 Noctua NH-D14 Win 10 64-Bit BenQ XL2730Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ Seasonic Platinum 1000w Fractal Design R5 Zowie FK1+ 
Mouse PadOtherOther
XTrac Ripper XXL  4 x Vardar F-4 120mm (2x NH-D14, 2x Bottom Intake) 3 x Vardar F-3 140mm Intake (two front, one side) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Celeron J1800 QNAP Proprietary  Intel HD Graphics Crucial 8GB Kit 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Stock Embedded Linux External, 96 W, 100-240 V TS-451 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durdle Class A View Post
No they don't
Mine is at 1.1V (1.0V Stock 3D)
900 core from 732

They only die if people disable power limiter.
Disabling that doesn't improve FPS in anything except for Furmark/OCCT, etc, so whats the point? Not meant to be disabled
THANK YOU.

I've seen that one guy post in multiple threads regarding the 570 not being able to handle any kind of voltage. It makes me sick that because a few people had to go and disable OCP and pump 1.2v that everyone thinks the 570s are firebombs.

We know differently. I just hate seeing that come up everywhere.

Just because a few people had failures does not mean the 570 is a bad card.
Black Sand
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 1885 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB Mushkin Callisto Deluxe +1TB WD Caviar Black Windows 7 Home Premium ASUS VW246 Corsair HX-850 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Sand
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 1885 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB Mushkin Callisto Deluxe +1TB WD Caviar Black Windows 7 Home Premium ASUS VW246 Corsair HX-850 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 49
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxBeNigNxX View Post
Is this the OC Guru program You were looking for? :

http://www.gigabyte.com/support-down...lity.aspx?cg=3
yes thats the one i found 2. but here is a screen shot so people will beleive me when i say it has no voltage control either for that program
Haf of an 2500K
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K MSI GD65 GTX 580 Windforce G Skill ECO 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
64GB A-Data SSD+500GB F3 Win7 Razer Blackwidow 750W Black Edition 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF 932 Razer Deathadder X-Trac Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
Haf of an 2500K
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K MSI GD65 GTX 580 Windforce G Skill ECO 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
64GB A-Data SSD+500GB F3 Win7 Razer Blackwidow 750W Black Edition 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF 932 Razer Deathadder X-Trac Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
post #36 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Destroyer View Post
yes thats the one i found 2. but here is a screen shot so people will beleive me when i say it has no voltage control either for that program
Well if you dont like your cards just sell them, your should be able to get enough from the 2 of them to get at least a 6950 maybe a 570/6970 depending on where and how much you sell them for.
 
Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770K MSI Z97S Krait XFX RX 480 Black Edition XFX RX 480 Black Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill Trident X 2666mhz Intel 530 Sandisk Extreme Pro LG WH14NS40 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG WH16NS40 Noctua NH-D14 Win 10 64-Bit BenQ XL2730Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ Seasonic Platinum 1000w Fractal Design R5 Zowie FK1+ 
Mouse PadOtherOther
XTrac Ripper XXL  4 x Vardar F-4 120mm (2x NH-D14, 2x Bottom Intake) 3 x Vardar F-3 140mm Intake (two front, one side) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Celeron J1800 QNAP Proprietary  Intel HD Graphics Crucial 8GB Kit 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Stock Embedded Linux External, 96 W, 100-240 V TS-451 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770K MSI Z97S Krait XFX RX 480 Black Edition XFX RX 480 Black Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill Trident X 2666mhz Intel 530 Sandisk Extreme Pro LG WH14NS40 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG WH16NS40 Noctua NH-D14 Win 10 64-Bit BenQ XL2730Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ Seasonic Platinum 1000w Fractal Design R5 Zowie FK1+ 
Mouse PadOtherOther
XTrac Ripper XXL  4 x Vardar F-4 120mm (2x NH-D14, 2x Bottom Intake) 3 x Vardar F-3 140mm Intake (two front, one side) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Celeron J1800 QNAP Proprietary  Intel HD Graphics Crucial 8GB Kit 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Stock Embedded Linux External, 96 W, 100-240 V TS-451 
  hide details  
Reply
post #37 of 49
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagle3092 View Post
Well if you dont like your cards just sell them, your should be able to get enough from the 2 of them to get at least a 6950 maybe a 570/6970 depending on where and how much you sell them for.
i love these cards..would love to buy another set if/when they allow voltage control. the stock vid on these things has to be LOW, on my 2nd card, if i increase the core to 925(from stock 915) it locks up. I am guessing these card were hand picked with low vid with these coolers to make them run as cool as it could.
Haf of an 2500K
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K MSI GD65 GTX 580 Windforce G Skill ECO 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
64GB A-Data SSD+500GB F3 Win7 Razer Blackwidow 750W Black Edition 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF 932 Razer Deathadder X-Trac Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
Haf of an 2500K
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K MSI GD65 GTX 580 Windforce G Skill ECO 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
64GB A-Data SSD+500GB F3 Win7 Razer Blackwidow 750W Black Edition 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF 932 Razer Deathadder X-Trac Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
post #38 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Destroyer View Post
i love these cards..would love to buy another set if/when they allow voltage control. the stock vid on these things has to be LOW, on my 2nd card, if i increase the core to 925(from stock 915) it locks up. I am guessing these card were hand picked with low vid with these coolers to make them run as cool as it could.
Or they just might not clock well, I had 2 XFX 6870s. One could do up to 950 core on stock volts, the other wouldnt go passed 920 without needing more voltage.
 
Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770K MSI Z97S Krait XFX RX 480 Black Edition XFX RX 480 Black Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill Trident X 2666mhz Intel 530 Sandisk Extreme Pro LG WH14NS40 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG WH16NS40 Noctua NH-D14 Win 10 64-Bit BenQ XL2730Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ Seasonic Platinum 1000w Fractal Design R5 Zowie FK1+ 
Mouse PadOtherOther
XTrac Ripper XXL  4 x Vardar F-4 120mm (2x NH-D14, 2x Bottom Intake) 3 x Vardar F-3 140mm Intake (two front, one side) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Celeron J1800 QNAP Proprietary  Intel HD Graphics Crucial 8GB Kit 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Stock Embedded Linux External, 96 W, 100-240 V TS-451 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Media Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770K MSI Z97S Krait XFX RX 480 Black Edition XFX RX 480 Black Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill Trident X 2666mhz Intel 530 Sandisk Extreme Pro LG WH14NS40 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG WH16NS40 Noctua NH-D14 Win 10 64-Bit BenQ XL2730Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ Seasonic Platinum 1000w Fractal Design R5 Zowie FK1+ 
Mouse PadOtherOther
XTrac Ripper XXL  4 x Vardar F-4 120mm (2x NH-D14, 2x Bottom Intake) 3 x Vardar F-3 140mm Intake (two front, one side) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Celeron J1800 QNAP Proprietary  Intel HD Graphics Crucial 8GB Kit 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 4TB Western Digital Red Pro 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Stock Embedded Linux External, 96 W, 100-240 V TS-451 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39 of 49
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagle3092 View Post
Or they just might not clock well, I had 2 XFX 6870s. One could do up to 950 core on stock volts, the other wouldnt go passed 920 without needing more voltage.
Hence my problem lol. its all good. these things run any game i throw at it(that i have anyways) and it all looks like eye candy. Trying to figure out what to do now. GTX 570 is a great card, these 6870's are awesome too and i am having no problems running crossfire(IE, no crashes or anything except 1 random crash in metro 2033). I am starting to think that ill just keep these cards. I am heading to a store later today as i stupiedly bought another xfx 750w psu, 1055t, and black widow to make another rig and am deciding not to. Now i gotta think about what to spend that $(about $400) on in my rig. Besides a sound card, i cannot think of ANYTHING to buy lol.
Haf of an 2500K
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K MSI GD65 GTX 580 Windforce G Skill ECO 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
64GB A-Data SSD+500GB F3 Win7 Razer Blackwidow 750W Black Edition 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF 932 Razer Deathadder X-Trac Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
Haf of an 2500K
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K MSI GD65 GTX 580 Windforce G Skill ECO 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
64GB A-Data SSD+500GB F3 Win7 Razer Blackwidow 750W Black Edition 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF 932 Razer Deathadder X-Trac Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
post #40 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagle3092 View Post
Really? Should I brake it down for you guys?

User:
Core Voltage: 1.212V (1.223 with DMM)
Clocks: 1100/1200
OCP/Power limit disabled: Nope!
Load Temperature: -40C
VRM Cooling: Stock unisink / cold from phase / fan
What you were doing: Running Vantage Performance

User:
Core Voltage: 1.1v
Clocks:900/1800/2100
OCP/Power limit disabled: Yes via /GTX500OCP gpu-z argument.
Load Temperature: 58*C, it never went above 45 with power limit enabled.
VRM Cooling: DDGTX580
What you were doing: OCCT

User:
Core Voltage: 1.05
Clocks: 880/2000
OCP/Power limit disabled: Yes, via GPUZ 1.5.1 & /GTX500OCP
Load Temperature: 44'C
VRM Cooling: Accelero Xtreme VR sinks (+2 extra 120mm fans blowing on them)
What you were doing: OCCT GPU, full screen/complexity 8.

User:
Core Voltage: 1.2v
Clocks: 920/1840/2200
OCP/Power limit disabled: No
Load Temperature: 70 C
VRM Cooling: Stock
What you were doing: Benchmarking with 3dMark 11

User:
Core Voltage:1.100(After burner)1.034 GPU-Z
Clocks:875/1750/2000
OCP/Power limit disabled: Yes (Hit 105A in GPU-Z)
Load Temperature: 80
VRM Cooling: Stock
What you were doing: Furmark stress testing

User:
Core Voltage: 1.100
Clocks: 900/1800/2000
OCP/Power limit disabled: No!
Load Temperature:
VRM Cooling: Twin Frozr II Unisink (I wont buy MSI for their track record with AMD boards)
What you were doing: Unigine Heaven

User:
Core Voltage: Unlocked to 1.2v was around 1.17 at the time
Clocks: 980/2200 - 920/2000
OCP/Power limit disabled: N
Load Temperature: 70c
VRM Cooling: Stock
What you were doing: Crysis


Now no offense to these members (thats why I left the names out) but come on guys there is a limit, when you push something over it things like this can happen. As you can see the only card that died that wasnt stress testing with OCCT or the like was the Twin Frozor II. I dont buy MSI for one because of the track record with AMD boards dying and they taunt military class components (I'm in the military and I know what kind of junk we use, trust me most of the computer equipment is nothing special).

BTW in case you guys dont know what OCP means its Over Current Protection.
exact my thought

some people ended up a toasted 570 because they were simply asking for it.
BluePiglet 5
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k @4.6ghz ASUS P8P67 Pro HIS 7950 IceQ G.SKILL Sniper DDR3-12800 4GB x2 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Intel X25-M G2, WD 640G x3 raid0 SAMSUNG T260 Corsair HX 850w Corsair 800D 
  hide details  
Reply
BluePiglet 5
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k @4.6ghz ASUS P8P67 Pro HIS 7950 IceQ G.SKILL Sniper DDR3-12800 4GB x2 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Intel X25-M G2, WD 640G x3 raid0 SAMSUNG T260 Corsair HX 850w Corsair 800D 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Graphics Cards - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › From 6870 crossfire to gtx 570?