Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [ZeroPaid] Sony Demands IP Addresses of YouTube PS3 Hack Viewers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[ZeroPaid] Sony Demands IP Addresses of YouTube PS3 Hack Viewers - Page 16

post #151 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by james_ant View Post
Corrected your post.
They never used OtherOS as a selling point, third parties used it for people like you. It was a feature, just like many other features it has. They don't advertise every feature available, there wouldn't be enough space on any billboard or box.
The PS2 compatibility, so you are upset they made their console cheaper and sacrificed old games for a new console? They didn't "lie" about the backwards ability. You still have PS1 backwards, and older models of the PS3 has PS2 backwards. Their slims never, ever, advertised PS2 backwards compatibility. When they released the slims, they didn't force all older PS3 owners to trade their phats for a slim, so please enlighten me. How did they "lie" about or in anyway revoke backwards-use for users who bought their PS3 for PS2 comparability?
So nice try their pal, but you have failed to be logical.

I love how people continually trash talk console power, specifically the PS3. Do you have any idea what optimization is? The many PS3 exclusives have yet to use the PS3's full potential, yet they are all beautiful. PS3 exclusives can stand toe-to-toe to any PC game. OMG CRYSIS RLLY? Yeah, it can.
Metro 2033


Crysis


Crysis Warhead:


Killzone 3:


Heavy Rain:


Uncharted 3:
Mine
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC Gaming ACX 3.0 G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
PNY CS1311 480GB SSD Barracuda 500 WD 1000 WD 1000 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 POWER 73.6 CFM Windows 10 Acer S277HK 27" 4K Acer 23" 1080p 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 23" 1080p Razer Black Widow Ultimate EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Corsair 330R Titanium Edition ATX 
Mouse
Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex 
  hide details  
Reply
Mine
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC Gaming ACX 3.0 G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
PNY CS1311 480GB SSD Barracuda 500 WD 1000 WD 1000 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 POWER 73.6 CFM Windows 10 Acer S277HK 27" 4K Acer 23" 1080p 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 23" 1080p Razer Black Widow Ultimate EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Corsair 330R Titanium Edition ATX 
Mouse
Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex 
  hide details  
Reply
post #152 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinxe View Post
They never used OtherOS as a selling point, third parties used it for people like you. It was a feature, just like many other features it has. They don't advertise every feature available, there wouldn't be enough space on any billboard or box.
The PS2 compatibility, so you are upset they made their console cheaper and sacrificed old games for a new console? They didn't "lie" about the backwards ability. You still have PS1 backwards, and older models of the PS3 has PS2 backwards. Their slims never, ever, advertised PS2 backwards compatibility. When they released the slims, they didn't force all older PS3 owners to trade their phats for a slim, so please enlighten me. How did they "lie" about or in anyway revoke backwards-use for users who bought their PS3 for PS2 comparability?
So nice try their pal, but you have failed to be logical.

I love how people continually trash talk console power, specifically the PS3. Do you have any idea what optimization is? The many PS3 exclusives have yet to use the PS3's full potential, yet they are all beautiful. PS3 exclusives can stand toe-to-toe to any PC game. OMG CRYSIS RLLY? Yeah, it can.
Metro 2033


Crysis


Crysis Warhead:


Killzone 3:


Heavy Rain:


Uncharted 3:
Still riding that sony pole eh?

If you still support sony after all the crap they are pulling then you sir are ****ed in the head.
post #153 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by vspec View Post
Still riding that sony pole eh?

If you still support sony after all the crap they are pulling then you sir are ****ed in the head.
This guy is a master troll. I've been studying his technique for some time now, and one day hope that I may troll as hard as he does.

Zinxe see my previous post. "Everything" includes PS2 backwards-compatibility as well.
Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) 760ti G.Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 Noctua NH D14 Windows 7 64bit Dell SP2309W 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardCase
Dell S2009W Dell S2009W CM Storm Quickfire XT NZXT Phantom Black 
Mouse
Razer Deathadder Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) 760ti G.Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 Noctua NH D14 Windows 7 64bit Dell SP2309W 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardCase
Dell S2009W Dell S2009W CM Storm Quickfire XT NZXT Phantom Black 
Mouse
Razer Deathadder Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
post #154 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by vspec View Post
Still riding that sony pole eh?

If you still support sony after all the crap they are pulling then you sir are ****ed in the head.
No, I am reasonable. What have they done that is worthy of blindly following the people who "stick it to the man"? Their product is protected by law, someone violated it and now they take action. Just because every other company doesn't do it, it doesn't make them wrong. When will you learn, it isn't about "riding the sony pole", it is about being reasonable. If this was Apple, Microsoft, Nintendo, etc, it wouldn't change the fact they have the right to protect their content. It is within the best interest of everyone that the people responsible face the consequences. A large amount of resources is invested in the production of a product, especially a product that needs to be maintained to keep a community satisfied. Why should that someone be allowed to disrupt the community and potentially do massive resource damage?
I'm going to spare you anymore analogies, because there will be tons of replied analogies that are pure garbage. Though, I did just think of a movie that could fit pretty well, especially with the gun analogies. Ever seen Lord of War? Watch it, pay attention, profit.
Mine
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC Gaming ACX 3.0 G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
PNY CS1311 480GB SSD Barracuda 500 WD 1000 WD 1000 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 POWER 73.6 CFM Windows 10 Acer S277HK 27" 4K Acer 23" 1080p 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 23" 1080p Razer Black Widow Ultimate EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Corsair 330R Titanium Edition ATX 
Mouse
Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex 
  hide details  
Reply
Mine
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC Gaming ACX 3.0 G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
PNY CS1311 480GB SSD Barracuda 500 WD 1000 WD 1000 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 POWER 73.6 CFM Windows 10 Acer S277HK 27" 4K Acer 23" 1080p 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 23" 1080p Razer Black Widow Ultimate EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Corsair 330R Titanium Edition ATX 
Mouse
Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex 
  hide details  
Reply
post #155 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinxe View Post
No, I am reasonable. What have they done that is worthy of blindly following the people who "stick it to the man"? Their product is protected by law, someone violated it and now they take action. Just because every other company doesn't do it, it doesn't make them wrong. When will you learn, it isn't about "riding the sony pole", it is about being reasonable. If this was Apple, Microsoft, Nintendo, etc, it wouldn't change the fact they have the right to protect their content. It is within the best interest of everyone that the people responsible face the consequences. A large amount of resources is invested in the production of a product, especially a product that needs to be maintained to keep a community satisfied. Why should that someone be allowed to disrupt the community and potentially do massive resource damage?
I'm going to spare you anymore analogies, because there will be tons of replied analogies that are pure garbage. Though, I did just think of a movie that could fit pretty well, especially with the gun analogies. Ever seen Lord of War? Watch it, pay attention, profit.
If you don't have the balls to face hackers that might just be 100 times better than your employees don't go into gaming ... that is all .

candle jack
Edited by Marc-Olivier Beaudoin - 2/9/11 at 11:18pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Phenom II X6 1090T @4GHz better cooling awaits] [GA-890FXA-UD7 rev 2.0] R9 390 [8GB Kingston HyperX 1566MHz 9-9-9-24 @ 1.71volts] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[WD RE3 500GB-WD green 1TB- OCZ vertex 2 60GB] [LG super multi] [Windows 7 premium 64bit] 1 x 25.5'' 1920x1200 + 1 25.5'' 1920x1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Quick Fire [Corsair TX 750w] [Cooler master HAF X] Logitech G502 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries extra large thick mousepad Fried 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Phenom II X6 1090T @4GHz better cooling awaits] [GA-890FXA-UD7 rev 2.0] R9 390 [8GB Kingston HyperX 1566MHz 9-9-9-24 @ 1.71volts] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[WD RE3 500GB-WD green 1TB- OCZ vertex 2 60GB] [LG super multi] [Windows 7 premium 64bit] 1 x 25.5'' 1920x1200 + 1 25.5'' 1920x1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Quick Fire [Corsair TX 750w] [Cooler master HAF X] Logitech G502 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries extra large thick mousepad Fried 
  hide details  
Reply
post #156 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc-Olivier Beaudoin View Post
If you don't have the balls to face hackers that might just be 100 times better than your employees don't go into gaming ... that is all .
What?
Bad grammar is bad, yo.
You lost me at "employees don't".
Mine
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC Gaming ACX 3.0 G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
PNY CS1311 480GB SSD Barracuda 500 WD 1000 WD 1000 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 POWER 73.6 CFM Windows 10 Acer S277HK 27" 4K Acer 23" 1080p 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 23" 1080p Razer Black Widow Ultimate EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Corsair 330R Titanium Edition ATX 
Mouse
Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex 
  hide details  
Reply
Mine
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC Gaming ACX 3.0 G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
PNY CS1311 480GB SSD Barracuda 500 WD 1000 WD 1000 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 POWER 73.6 CFM Windows 10 Acer S277HK 27" 4K Acer 23" 1080p 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 23" 1080p Razer Black Widow Ultimate EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Corsair 330R Titanium Edition ATX 
Mouse
Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex 
  hide details  
Reply
post #157 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinxe View Post
No, I am reasonable. What have they done that is worthy of blindly following the people who "stick it to the man"? Their product is protected by law, someone violated it and now they take action. Just because every other company doesn't do it, it doesn't make them wrong. When will you learn, it isn't about "riding the sony pole", it is about being reasonable. If this was Apple, Microsoft, Nintendo, etc, it wouldn't change the fact they have the right to protect their content. It is within the best interest of everyone that the people responsible face the consequences never be the same. A large amount of resources is invested in the production of a product, especially a product that needs to be maintained to keep a community satisfied. Why should that someone be allowed to disrupt the community and potentially do massive resource damage?
I'm going to spare you anymore analogies, because there will be tons of replied analogies that are pure garbage. Though, I did just think of a movie that could fit pretty well, especially with the gun analogies. Ever seen Lord of War? Watch it, pay attention, profit.
This and the triforce signature confirms it. You're trolling, which is against overclock.net TOS. Reported.
Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) 760ti G.Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 Noctua NH D14 Windows 7 64bit Dell SP2309W 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardCase
Dell S2009W Dell S2009W CM Storm Quickfire XT NZXT Phantom Black 
Mouse
Razer Deathadder Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) 760ti G.Skill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 Noctua NH D14 Windows 7 64bit Dell SP2309W 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardCase
Dell S2009W Dell S2009W CM Storm Quickfire XT NZXT Phantom Black 
Mouse
Razer Deathadder Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
post #158 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinxe View Post
What?
Bad grammar is bad, yo.
You lost me at "employees don't".
just dont try men you avoid the converssation and the subjec ...
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Phenom II X6 1090T @4GHz better cooling awaits] [GA-890FXA-UD7 rev 2.0] R9 390 [8GB Kingston HyperX 1566MHz 9-9-9-24 @ 1.71volts] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[WD RE3 500GB-WD green 1TB- OCZ vertex 2 60GB] [LG super multi] [Windows 7 premium 64bit] 1 x 25.5'' 1920x1200 + 1 25.5'' 1920x1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Quick Fire [Corsair TX 750w] [Cooler master HAF X] Logitech G502 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries extra large thick mousepad Fried 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Phenom II X6 1090T @4GHz better cooling awaits] [GA-890FXA-UD7 rev 2.0] R9 390 [8GB Kingston HyperX 1566MHz 9-9-9-24 @ 1.71volts] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[WD RE3 500GB-WD green 1TB- OCZ vertex 2 60GB] [LG super multi] [Windows 7 premium 64bit] 1 x 25.5'' 1920x1200 + 1 25.5'' 1920x1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Quick Fire [Corsair TX 750w] [Cooler master HAF X] Logitech G502 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries extra large thick mousepad Fried 
  hide details  
Reply
post #159 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzalias View Post
This guy is a master troll. I've been studying his technique for some time now, and one day hope that I may troll as hard as he does.

Zinxe see my previous post. "Everything" includes PS2 backwards-compatibility as well.
It also includes making coffee and tucking you in at night. It is obviously a tongue-in-cheek hyperbole. Though, there is probably some small text somewhere that voids any legality issues for the moronic people who take it literally. I haven't bothered looking, and don't plan on doing so in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzalias View Post
This and the triforce signature confirms it. You're trolling, which is against overclock.net TOS. Reported.
You make me laugh. I almost rawffled. What makes you think I am trolling? Maybe the added words you put into a quoted statement of mine? You are literally putting words in my mouth. I chuckled at my own joke. You jelly of my triforce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc-Olivier Beaudoin View Post
just dont try men you avoid the converssation and the subjec ...
This will be the last time I even bother reading your posts because they are full of trash that makes no sense. Not to mention, I've reread all your posts and I don't see where you said candle jack, so I don't know why your post just cu


Edit: Confused?
It was a reference for dzalias, but directed to you. Your posts are childlike, make hardly any sense, and just randomly cuts off.
Edited by Zinxe - 2/9/11 at 11:23pm
Mine
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC Gaming ACX 3.0 G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
PNY CS1311 480GB SSD Barracuda 500 WD 1000 WD 1000 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 POWER 73.6 CFM Windows 10 Acer S277HK 27" 4K Acer 23" 1080p 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 23" 1080p Razer Black Widow Ultimate EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Corsair 330R Titanium Edition ATX 
Mouse
Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex 
  hide details  
Reply
Mine
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC Gaming ACX 3.0 G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
PNY CS1311 480GB SSD Barracuda 500 WD 1000 WD 1000 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 POWER 73.6 CFM Windows 10 Acer S277HK 27" 4K Acer 23" 1080p 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 23" 1080p Razer Black Widow Ultimate EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Corsair 330R Titanium Edition ATX 
Mouse
Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex 
  hide details  
Reply
post #160 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzalias View Post
This guy is a master troll. I've been studying his technique for some time now, and one day hope that I may troll as hard as he does.

Zinxe see my previous post. "Everything" includes PS2 backwards-compatibility as well.
"Everything", once taken literally, includes countless things that the PS3 never was nor ever will be capable of doing. Removing Linux from older PlayStation 3 wasn't cool, but what Zinxe said was true - Sony never advertised neither Linux or backwards compatibility for the PS3 Slim, which has been the only model available for quite some time.

There's absolutely no ground to claim false advertising there. In the world of consumer electronics there are many product lines featuring a wide range of capabilities. It would be like calling out GPU manufacturers because they release both high-end and budget lines of cards with different feature sets, even though they never advertised the high-end features for the budget cards.

Either way, this whole thing doesn't bother me. I don't plan on jailbreaking my PS3 or modifying it in any way. I never used Linux and I bought a new PS3 Slim knowing full well that it couldn't play PS2 games. As long as I can play the games I buy, I'm happy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Software News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [ZeroPaid] Sony Demands IP Addresses of YouTube PS3 Hack Viewers