Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › New Build: need best of the best budget am3 parts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Build: need best of the best budget am3 parts - Page 2

post #11 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowtek View Post
Mm those all look very delicious. I think ill go with a true quad option if possible. Looking to be pretty frugal. What do you guys think, 555 or 925?
555 is not a quad. The 925 is a 95W C3 phenom which reacts well to ocing. The 555 is a gamble as to it unlocking to a quad, but if it does, it will be a 125w one. Personally I would go with the 925 (thats why I suggested it across all 3 of my builds). I actually plan on getting one for my personal rig.
It's so little!
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k Asrock Z87E Asus r9 280x samsung 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
samsung 840 samsung  Thermaltake water 3.0 win7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
viewsonic 27" Cooler master qfr cooler master 700 corsair 250d 
MouseMouse PadAudio
anker vertical ocz sony 5.25" bookshelfs 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
960t M4A89GTD-proUSB3 pny 660Ti samsung wonder ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
1TB Samsung F3 Samsung 840 250GB LG external DVD/R 212 evo 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 ViewSonic ViewSonic VX2739wm model m Cooler Master Silent Pro 700 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li A05FNB (flipped to A05NB) Razer Deathadder Black edt. OCZ behemoth Audio Technica ATH-AD500 
AudioAudioAudio
JVC HA-RX500 Dayton Audio Bookshelfs Lepai LP2020+ 
  hide details  
Reply
It's so little!
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k Asrock Z87E Asus r9 280x samsung 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
samsung 840 samsung  Thermaltake water 3.0 win7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
viewsonic 27" Cooler master qfr cooler master 700 corsair 250d 
MouseMouse PadAudio
anker vertical ocz sony 5.25" bookshelfs 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
960t M4A89GTD-proUSB3 pny 660Ti samsung wonder ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
1TB Samsung F3 Samsung 840 250GB LG external DVD/R 212 evo 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 ViewSonic ViewSonic VX2739wm model m Cooler Master Silent Pro 700 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li A05FNB (flipped to A05NB) Razer Deathadder Black edt. OCZ behemoth Audio Technica ATH-AD500 
AudioAudioAudio
JVC HA-RX500 Dayton Audio Bookshelfs Lepai LP2020+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 22
890FXE one of the best budget boards for AMD period right now. #1 board for under $150 with latest chipset, awesome track record.

samsung spinpoint F3 500 or 1TB. some of the fastest mechanical drives out there without the overinflated pricing. both these models have won customer awards multiple years on newegg.

ram. choose a ddr3 4gb 1333 set (i suggest G.Skill, Corsair, Kingston, or Mushkin) with 9-9-9-24 for $40. honestly, almost all aspects of ram are OVERHYPED. timings you will not notice a difference in game. speed, you will not notice a difference in game. sandy bridge, for example, sees less than 5% gains from going 1333 to 1600. enthusiasts like faster ram with tight timings because we have ego and it's our hobby. that's simply the only reason. you will pay a lot more for 1600 ram with low timings. again, ram is OVERHYPED.

heatsink: hyper 212+. one of the best (if not the best) cooler you can get for $25 bucks.

processor: 955 BE. costs $140 on Amazon I believe, free ship and no tax (for almost all states).
post #13 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowtek View Post
Mm those all look very delicious. I think ill go with a true quad option if possible. Looking to be pretty frugal. What do you guys think, 555 or 925?
I personally went with a 555 because not that many games use quad core ATM and I have a chance of unlocking anyways. I'm sure in the near future more and more games will use 4 cores but by then I'd have upgraded to a bulldozer or something.
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3750k @ 4.3 MSI P67A-GD65 Sapphire 7850 OC edition 8gb  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1gb sata hyper 212+ win 7 samsung 21' 
PowerCaseMouse
620w Antec Neo Eco NZXT Evo Tempest abyssus 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3750k @ 4.3 MSI P67A-GD65 Sapphire 7850 OC edition 8gb  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1gb sata hyper 212+ win 7 samsung 21' 
PowerCaseMouse
620w Antec Neo Eco NZXT Evo Tempest abyssus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyfly View Post
I personally went with a 555 because not that many games use quad core ATM and I have a chance of unlocking anyways. I'm sure in the near future more and more games will use 4 cores but by then I'd have upgraded to a bulldozer or something.
what u talking about , almoust every new game uses more then 4 cores ...when i say new i mean :
Dead Space 2 , CoD Black Ops , Starcraft 2 , Need for Speed : Hot Porsuit , Civilization 5 and so on and so on ...
Diablo 3 24/7
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core Pentium G850 GIGABYTE Z68A-D3H-B3 Sapphire HD 6770 4x2GB KVR1333D3N9/2G 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 Samsung SH-S223B Zalman CNPS5X Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC E2243FW LED 21.5'' 5ms  Razer Arctosa Black Seasonic SS-600ET Sharkoon T9 Value Black  
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer DeathAdder Black Edition Roccat Sota Granular Razer Electra Essential 
  hide details  
Reply
Diablo 3 24/7
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core Pentium G850 GIGABYTE Z68A-D3H-B3 Sapphire HD 6770 4x2GB KVR1333D3N9/2G 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 Samsung SH-S223B Zalman CNPS5X Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC E2243FW LED 21.5'' 5ms  Razer Arctosa Black Seasonic SS-600ET Sharkoon T9 Value Black  
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer DeathAdder Black Edition Roccat Sota Granular Razer Electra Essential 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 22
Yea if you are "future proofing" go with a quad core and a good 790 or 800 series board. Also 1600MHz ram at a minimum (2 sticks for dual channel). Make sure the board has at least 8+ power phase and a heatsink on the mosfets.
Ronin
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair III Formula Radeon HD 5850 x2 Mushkin 1600 7-9-7-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
128GB Plextor ssd 500 GB WD Lite-ON multi-drive Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 28" Hanns-G G110 Corsair HX850w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 G500 X Trac pad Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
Ronin
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair III Formula Radeon HD 5850 x2 Mushkin 1600 7-9-7-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
128GB Plextor ssd 500 GB WD Lite-ON multi-drive Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 28" Hanns-G G110 Corsair HX850w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 G500 X Trac pad Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicy61 View Post
ram. choose a ddr3 4gb 1333 set (i suggest G.Skill, Corsair, Kingston, or Mushkin) with 9-9-9-24 for $40. honestly, almost all aspects of ram are OVERHYPED. timings you will not notice a difference in game. speed, you will not notice a difference in game. sandy bridge, for example, sees less than 5% gains from going 1333 to 1600. enthusiasts like faster ram with tight timings because we have ego and it's our hobby. that's simply the only reason. you will pay a lot more for 1600 ram with low timings. again, ram is OVERHYPED
You do realize that 100% of the time there is a 1600Mhz kit for cheaper
Even if RAM is overhyped (and it isn't, the gains are pretty big because I have personally seen that memory performance on AMD scales very poorly below 1600Mhz), think of how much the generic 1333 CL9 stuff will bring your system down. In the past 2 weeks I have seen numerous cases of 1333 CL9 RAM holding back CPU overclocks by a fair margin. I could list them, one by one, on here if you like. This is because 1333 CL9 is a minimum, generic standard. Don't expect good ICs on any 1333 CL9 memory, and don't expect good results for your entire system either. Besides, it'll most likely end up overpriced.

Everyone ignore this guy.
Edited by xd_1771 - 2/9/11 at 3:54pm
post #17 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771 View Post
You do realize that 100% of the time there is a 1600Mhz kit for cheaper
Even if RAM is overhyped (and it isn't, the gains are pretty big because I have personally seen that memory performance on AMD scales very poorly below 1600Mhz), think of how much the generic 1333 CL9 stuff will bring your system down. In the past 2 weeks I have seen numerous cases of 1333 CL9 RAM holding back CPU overclocks by a fair margin. I could list them, one by one, on here if you like. This is because 1333 CL9 is a minimum, generic standard. Don't expect good ICs on any 1333 CL9 memory, and don't expect good results for your entire system either. Besides, it'll most likely end up overpriced.

Everyone ignore this guy.
agree , even tho i bought a generic 1333Mhz CL9 ram kit not long ago(it was 25$ shipped no rebates i couldnt resist) , i was able to make it 7-7-7-20-1T and i saw a realy large difference combined with north bridge slighly overclocked memory timings can do wonders .
Diablo 3 24/7
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core Pentium G850 GIGABYTE Z68A-D3H-B3 Sapphire HD 6770 4x2GB KVR1333D3N9/2G 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 Samsung SH-S223B Zalman CNPS5X Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC E2243FW LED 21.5'' 5ms  Razer Arctosa Black Seasonic SS-600ET Sharkoon T9 Value Black  
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer DeathAdder Black Edition Roccat Sota Granular Razer Electra Essential 
  hide details  
Reply
Diablo 3 24/7
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core Pentium G850 GIGABYTE Z68A-D3H-B3 Sapphire HD 6770 4x2GB KVR1333D3N9/2G 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 Samsung SH-S223B Zalman CNPS5X Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC E2243FW LED 21.5'' 5ms  Razer Arctosa Black Seasonic SS-600ET Sharkoon T9 Value Black  
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer DeathAdder Black Edition Roccat Sota Granular Razer Electra Essential 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 22
The majority of 1333 CL9 kits out there won't make 7-7-7-20. Just so you know.
Since your kit is a Kingston, it probably has some sort of decent Elpida ICs on there. I don't see how 7-7-7 is not possible
post #19 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771 View Post
You do realize that 100% of the time there is a 1600Mhz kit for cheaper
Even if RAM is overhyped (and it isn't, the gains are pretty big because I have personally seen that memory performance on AMD scales very poorly below 1600Mhz), think of how much the generic 1333 CL9 stuff will bring your system down. In the past 2 weeks I have seen numerous cases of 1333 CL9 RAM holding back CPU overclocks by a fair margin. I could list them, one by one, on here if you like. This is because 1333 CL9 is a minimum, generic standard. Don't expect good ICs on any 1333 CL9 memory, and don't expect good results for your entire system either. Besides, it'll most likely end up overpriced.

Everyone ignore this guy.
Where do I even start?

I regularly check tech prices online. I am part of one of the largest deals forums on the internet and I frequent that site MULTIPLE times a day. Saying that there are more cheaper 1600 ram deals than 1333 deals is a FLAT OUT LIE. I've noticed that all you quote is Newegg nonsale prices. That's probably because that's all you know. You are way wrong.

Example, in the past several weeks there's been an Amazon 4gb 1333 Patriot sector 5 ram deal for $19.99 final. 4gb of Mushkin 1333 silverlines for $35 after california tax FINAL from November. They followed it up with another set of Mushkin 1333 (different silverlines) for the same price. Anyone who follows ram prices know that my claim is NOT wrong. How many 1600 deals from a reputable company are you going to find for $20-30 dollars? Please name some. Do you know how many Corsair 1333 XMS3 4gb deals there are for $35-40 dollars? Numerous. What speed are they again? 1600? No, 1333. These deals for the $35-40 Corsairs come over and over again they're nothing special. I check prices AT LEAST 8 times a day (literally, even when I'm on trips). You can get 4gb of 1600 with high timings for $50 (like the G.Skills), and occasionally some cas 7 1600 4gb ddr3 for $50-60 on sale, but those are outliers, not the norm. You said there are more cheaper 1600 deals than 1333... which again is completely false, goes against common sense, and shows that you do not follow ram prices. Let me guess, you are going to point to 1 example (again, an outlier) to justify your point? Or you're going to give me a link to some junk 1600 ram. The only reason why you say "There is a 1600mhz deal that is cheaper 100% of the time" is because you do not know or follow ram deals.

Ok, so you're telling everyone to ignore me, when you are basically telling someone who is requesting performance on a BUDGET to pick up 1600 ram over 1333, when the consensus is that ram speeds make little difference in games.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...r3,2319-8.html

"Our results show that faster memory and quicker timings both introduce performance advantages that are mostly visible in synthetic benchmarks, while the impact on real-life performance usually is small. Games benefit just a little, and you need applications that intensively tax the memory to find serious performance benefits."

You can see this type of rhetoric over and over again in professional reviews.

All I see you do in the threads is talk badly about MSI boards and how it has bad phase 4+1 etc. That's all you do in the majority of your threads (someone can verify and go look at his past threads). And, given how little you know about ram pricing and how you are not answering the OP's question (performance ON A BUDGET), I think YOU are the one that should be ignored to be honest.
post #20 of 22
I think maybe xd_1771 was referring to the most bang for your buck and for what the OP might plan for the future. Like if he should decide to push the limits of his pc. He would have more options and stability with the better ram.
Ronin
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair III Formula Radeon HD 5850 x2 Mushkin 1600 7-9-7-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
128GB Plextor ssd 500 GB WD Lite-ON multi-drive Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 28" Hanns-G G110 Corsair HX850w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 G500 X Trac pad Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
Ronin
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair III Formula Radeon HD 5850 x2 Mushkin 1600 7-9-7-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
128GB Plextor ssd 500 GB WD Lite-ON multi-drive Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 28" Hanns-G G110 Corsair HX850w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 G500 X Trac pad Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD - General
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › New Build: need best of the best budget am3 parts