Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › RASA 360 KIT + AMD Backplate
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RASA 360 KIT + AMD Backplate

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
So my new rasa 360 kit is getting here on Thursday . I am way excited for this. Unfortunately I didn't realize that the rasa kit doesn't come with a backplate for AMD. What the hell is up with that?

So here is my question, I currently own a Hyper 212+, would that backplate work with the rasa? Or would I have to order a new backplate for the kit/mod the standard backplate that came with my amd processor?

I am a little confused and want everything to be ready when the kit gets here Thursday
post #2 of 12
You need to order the kit, asap then. It's not just a back plate, but the top plate.
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post
You need to order the kit, asap then. It's not just the back plate, but the top plate as well.
Wait what? I thought it was just the backplate that was missing for AMD, I never heard anything about a top plate???
post #4 of 12
I edited my post to make more sense. The amd kit is a completely different mount.
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post
I edited my post to make more sense. The amd kit is a completely different mount.
What kit are you referring to then? When I ordered it said it was AM3 compatible, unfortunately there is no backplate that comes with it. So you are saying I missing more than just the backplate when the rasa 360 kit gets here? I ordered the RS360 RASA KIT, was I supposed to order something along with it for AMD? (Besides the backplate that is apparently missing?)
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaCeR123 View Post
What kit are you referring to then? When I ordered it said it was AM3 compatible, unfortunately there is no backplate that comes with it. So you are saying I missing more than just the backplate when the rasa 360 kit gets here? I ordered the RS360 RASA KIT, was I supposed to order something along with it for AMD? (Besides the backplate that is apparently missing?)
Ah if you ordered the kit w/ AMD mount then you should be ok. You just use it with a standard back plate. Sorry for the confusion there.
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post
Ah if you ordered the kit w/ AMD mount then you should be ok. You just use it with a standard back plate. Sorry for the confusion there.
Phew ok that is good to know, ok then I guess it is back to my original question . Does anyone have experience with the backplate that came with the Hyper 212+, would that work with the kit? Or are those holes to small as well (in which case I will just modify my original backplate).
post #8 of 12
did you get the kit from FrozenCPU.com. Theirs comes with everything you need for AM3.


http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12...ml?id=ZsxNiKsQ
post #9 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dihartnell View Post
did you get the kit from FrozenCPU.com. Theirs comes with everything you need for AM3.


http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12...ml?id=ZsxNiKsQ
Yes I got it from FrozenCPU, but I am almost certain that it will not come with a backplate after reading through the *Official Rasa Club*. It's a little sneaky to because when you look at the specifications it states.

Socket 775, 1366 and 1154 Backplates
Socket AM2 and AM3 mounting kit

Doesn't talk about AM3 backplate, just the mounting kit.
post #10 of 12
Your board is supposed to come with a back plate.
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › RASA 360 KIT + AMD Backplate