Overclock.net banner

[TechReport] MPAA threatens to disconnect Google from the Internet

9K views 139 replies 117 participants last post by  nukefission 
#1 ·
Quote:
"Over the last few months, Google has received more than 100 copyright infringement warnings from MPAA-affiliated movies studios: most are directed at users of Google's public Wi-Fi service but others are meant for Google employees. The MPAA is thus warning the search giant that it might get disconnected from the Internet."
Source

Way to disconnect THE internet
biggrin.gif

See less See more
#12 ·
I love when people like the RIAA and the MPAA challenge thing, this one in particular makes me laugh, little tiny MPAA is challenging the 153 billion dollar company, lets all watch and see how this turns out for them

#17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Silver;12318979
Also wonder how long it's going to take Google to snap and start redirecting all searches of Sony and MPAA to a full browser lol.gif
Bahahahaha that would be so full of win!

How is it they think they can do something like this? Google pretty much IS the internet.

#18 ·
BUT BUT BUT, Google is my number 3 on my favorites tab on everything it has to be there.

Only thirded by OCN and Youtube

#24 ·
I hope you guys know who are the backers behind MPAA. It seems you guys believe that piracy is a good thing and if a private corporation that has enough money and power can do whatever they want. Which I find ironic given most of you here are Apple bashers.

Oh, btw, MPAA = (the big 6) The Walt Disney Company, Sony Corp, Viacom, News Corp, NBC Universal, and Time Warner. I'm sure if those companies combined together they can takedown Google if they really wanted to.

#26 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzO;12319329
I hope you guys know who are the backers behind MPAA. It seems you guys believe that piracy is a good thing and if a private corporation that has enough money and power can do whatever they want. Which I find ironic given most of you here are Apple bashers.

Oh, btw, MPAA = (the big 6) The Walt Disney Company, Sony Corp, Viacom, News Corp, NBC Universal, and Time Warner. I'm sure if those companies combined together they can takedown Google if they really wanted to.
The MPAA does not control who gets to be on the internet and who dfoesn't and thank GOD they don't.

As far as I understand, currently only the government and ICANN can remove a website from the net. Also, Google has massive data centres and form part of the internet backbone. That's providers ABOVE ISP's

MPAA are aiming way above their station.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.