Thanks for all your help so far!
Here’s my pre-final list for the current build with a single 580 GTX – found everything on jab-tech (except fans and QDC on frozen-cpu), still need to pick the right res+top though:
Res > Pump > Rad > CPU > 120 rad > GPU > 360 rad > Res
Swiftech MCP355 (Laing DDC) - $74 at jab-tech
XSPC RX360 - $88 at jab-tech
XSPC RX120 – $48 at jab-tech. By the way please let me know opting for 140 rad + fan will result in better performance
Tygon R3400 Black 1/2" ID x 3/4" OD, 15ft - $50 at jab-tech
Gentle Typhoon AP-15 – x4 - $48 at frozencpu (out of stock at jab-tech)
Noiseblocker NB PK-3 140mm 1700 RPM – for the bottom intake - $25 on frozencpu
Bitspower Matte Black G1/4" 1/2" 3/4" x7 – 2 for pump, 4 for two rads, 1 just in case - $60 at jab-tech
Bitspower Matte Black G1/4" 1/2" 3/4" 90' angle – 2 for CPU and 2 for GPU - $80 at jab-tech ($20 each). By the way should I get 45’ fittings instead, or 90’ are better?
Koolance QDC VL3N (male + female) - $30 at frozencpu
Silver strip - $5 at jab-tech
Dust filters - $16 at jab-tech
Distilled water – I’ll try to find it my local grocery stores but somehow I don’t recall seeing it there
OK this is my main challenge..please help me pick one of these options or recommend your own:
- EK DDC X-Top Pump Top Rev. 2 – it looks great, but it goes on top of the pump, so the only place to put it in 800D that I can think of is the 140mm fan hole in the midplate, which would completely block the air! Besides it’s out of stock
- XSPC Acrylic Reservoir DDC Top – very tempting due to its simplicity (top/res combo) and I heard it’s the best performing DDC top, but again where would I mount it? It will probably look ugly on the midplate, and if I hide it in the 5.25” bay cage it will effectively block most if not all 5.25” slots…
- XSPC Laing DDC Top + EK Multi-option Res – will look even better than #1 with EK Res hanging by the hot-swap bay, but then I’d have to mount the pump right on the midplate by the GPUs (to avoid blocking the 140mm intake fan) so I’m guessing it will look messy with the pump sitting right in front of the MB/GPU and all the tubing going back and forth
- Bay res + pump. Is there any 5.25” bay reservoir designed for a single DDC pump? I found XSPC bay res for D5 and dual-top DDC, but no single DDC bay res/top.
- I’m open to any other suggestions on mounting the DDC + res inside the case without taking up too many 5.25” bay slots AND without blocking the 140mm midplate and bottom intake fans I tried lurking for ideas, but I couldn’t find a setup like mine with bottom/midplate fans being the only intake…everybody is just putting the pump by the PSU which won’t work in my case I think.
depending on the res+top option, the total comes down to about $750 – is this a normal cost for a loop like this (designed with future in mind) or do you see an overkill somewhere? I’m OK with dropping $750 on this but just wanted to make sure I’m not buying any unnecessary stuff (besides tomorrow is my B-day so I won’t feel too bad for wasting all this money on myself
Thanks in advance!