Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [CVG]Battlefield 3 PC: Console ports 'not how we do things', says DICE
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[CVG]Battlefield 3 PC: Console ports 'not how we do things', says DICE - Page 15

post #141 of 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhati View Post
-snip-
But you don't understand. It was a PORT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex98uk View Post
It's weird, I think i'm the only person Bad Company 2 just works normally for. No hitbox issues, very rare CTD's, no lag... nothing...
Your argument is invalid, because it was a PORT. Massive sarcasm tag here

Quote:
Originally Posted by _GTech View Post
Blah blah blah

Hitboxes aren't realistic enough

blah blah blah

Sometimes i can't see because all of my vital organs look like swiss cheese. Thats too realistic.
Troll harder.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 XFX HD5870 16GB G.Skill RipjawsX 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
60GB OCZ Vertex 3 + 2x TB Seagate LG DVD+RW Stock Intel Windows 7 64bit / OSX Mountain Lion 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell ST2210 + 17" IBM Das Ultimate S Antec TruePower 650W Antec P183 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech MX Revolution X-Trac Ripper Objective 2 + ODAC Combo Sennheiser HD650 + Klipsch 2.1 Promedia 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 XFX HD5870 16GB G.Skill RipjawsX 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
60GB OCZ Vertex 3 + 2x TB Seagate LG DVD+RW Stock Intel Windows 7 64bit / OSX Mountain Lion 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell ST2210 + 17" IBM Das Ultimate S Antec TruePower 650W Antec P183 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech MX Revolution X-Trac Ripper Objective 2 + ODAC Combo Sennheiser HD650 + Klipsch 2.1 Promedia 
  hide details  
Reply
post #142 of 241
Spot the differences between a cucumber and a bc2 map.
post #143 of 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhati View Post
People complaining about hitreg, the problem is the servers. Some of the server providers arent up to the task and are overloading their systems. As the hit detection between different servers can be pretty immense. .
This right here. If your hit detection is horrible you need to find a different server. It can make a huge difference.
Cube
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 6700k MSI Z170A GAMING 7 ASUS STRIX 1070 ASUS STRIX 1070 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
EVGA 32GB PC4 3000 SAMSUNG EVO 840 256GB 2 TB Hitachi 2 TB Hitachi 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
BDR R/W Corsair H115i WIN 10 PRO 27" DELL S2716DG 144HZ Gsync 
KeyboardPowerCaseAudio
Razer Black Widow Ultimate Corsair RM 850X Corsair Carbide AIR 540 YAMAHA R-S202 
AudioAudio
BIC F12 AMERICA 12" DAYTON B652 AIR 
  hide details  
Reply
Cube
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 6700k MSI Z170A GAMING 7 ASUS STRIX 1070 ASUS STRIX 1070 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
EVGA 32GB PC4 3000 SAMSUNG EVO 840 256GB 2 TB Hitachi 2 TB Hitachi 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
BDR R/W Corsair H115i WIN 10 PRO 27" DELL S2716DG 144HZ Gsync 
KeyboardPowerCaseAudio
Razer Black Widow Ultimate Corsair RM 850X Corsair Carbide AIR 540 YAMAHA R-S202 
AudioAudio
BIC F12 AMERICA 12" DAYTON B652 AIR 
  hide details  
Reply
post #144 of 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTheLife View Post
I'm getting a good laugh about the replies stating how much the love Dice by writing two false lines we don't actually know if they are true.

Dice my ass.
BC2 was such a disappointment with its horse long face maps.
And unbalanced ****, server lags, unoptimization and "DLC"- Skin pack.
Originally you get weapon skins as rewards but **** got hilarious when M95 got this so called "Metal skin" which is actually M95 original color.

**** can't get more hilarious than this.
lol, Those are some of the worst complaints I have seen about the game yet. The game is plenty optimized and can be maxed out with decent hardware easy and it actually takes advantage of modern computer parts. Server lag is just that, server lag you can't blame a game for playing in a crap server. I fail to see how the game is unbalanced unless you just suck and need to whine to make yourself feel better for dieing again and again. And if you don't like DLC DON'T BUY IT, simple as that. It was just skins so it's not like it made a difference if you bought it or not.
Edited by scyy - 2/11/11 at 10:41am
3930k
(20 items)
 
  
Reply
3930k
(20 items)
 
  
Reply
post #145 of 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeky View Post
you people make me laugh. When its out for consoles primarily eg bc2 "dice suck they wont support pc users anymore cry " when its out for pc its like dice rule"

Either way people still buy their products and from their point of view console is a bigger market than pc. Dont get me wrong tho pretty much everything will be better on pc especially the graphics.
Some people are fickle.

Personally, i feel that DICE has never let me down, and they have never given me a reason to not trust them. All the stuff over the last year and a half that DICE has been saying about bad company 2 and other things has proven to be true in the end, which just solidifies my appreciate for them even more.
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #146 of 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgins View Post
But you don't understand. It was a PORT.



Your argument is invalid, because it was a PORT. Massive sarcasm tag here



Troll harder.
nothing wrong with a port, they couldnt create an all new engine for the PC version.

They did everything they could for the PC version. The interface and everything else was redesigned for the PC to work for us better, they added about every feature they could that PC gamers wanted. Sure it took a while, but they did it. People forget that they had to port the engine and build dedicated servers and everything else for the PC version and release at the same time as consoles, and they did it with a 7 man team.

BF3 isnt a port for any system. Their engineers designed multiple frostbite 2 engines that work best for their intended system.
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #147 of 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgins View Post
But you don't understand. It was a PORT.



Your argument is invalid, because it was a PORT. Massive sarcasm tag here

Honestly, I see alot of people screaming PORT, but don't post valid information on proving it's a port. If it is a port, could you please post information so I can read it? Though, it does make sense for it to be a port because the engine used in bad company was firstly & only specified for consoles, but who knows? if it is, then they have done a VERY good job IMO.
Current Setup.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
| Intel Q9550 E0 /3.8GHz 1.28v | | Asus Striker 2 Formula 780i | | EVGA GTX 570 @ 875/1750/2000 @ 1.063 | | 4GB DDR2 Geil (2x2GB) @ 1066Mhz | 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
| WD Cavier Black 1TB | | LG Super Multi 22x | | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | | Samsung SM-P2450 24" | 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Cyborg | Corsair HX750 Modular | | Cooler Master HAF 932 | Logitech g9x 
Mouse Pad
Razor Control Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Current Setup.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
| Intel Q9550 E0 /3.8GHz 1.28v | | Asus Striker 2 Formula 780i | | EVGA GTX 570 @ 875/1750/2000 @ 1.063 | | 4GB DDR2 Geil (2x2GB) @ 1066Mhz | 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
| WD Cavier Black 1TB | | LG Super Multi 22x | | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | | Samsung SM-P2450 24" | 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Cyborg | Corsair HX750 Modular | | Cooler Master HAF 932 | Logitech g9x 
Mouse Pad
Razor Control Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #148 of 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seann View Post
Honestly, I see alot of people screaming PORT, but don't post valid information on proving it's a port. If it is a port, could you please post information so I can read it? Though, it does make sense for it to be a port because the engine used in bad company was firstly & only specified for consoles, but who knows? if it is, then they have done a VERY good job IMO.
You really need proof that a game built on an engine based on a console engine is a console game built on a console engine?
Omicron Lyrae
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X3 720 BE @3.6 Asus M4A785TD-V EVO Sapphire HD5770 V2 OCZ 2x2GB Gold DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Sony Lightscribe DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64-bit AOC F22+ 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry Scissor Switch Flat Keyboard OCZ StealthXstream 600W Cooler Master Elite 334 Microsoft Sidewinder 
  hide details  
Reply
Omicron Lyrae
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X3 720 BE @3.6 Asus M4A785TD-V EVO Sapphire HD5770 V2 OCZ 2x2GB Gold DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Sony Lightscribe DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64-bit AOC F22+ 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry Scissor Switch Flat Keyboard OCZ StealthXstream 600W Cooler Master Elite 334 Microsoft Sidewinder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #149 of 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seann View Post
Honestly, I see alot of people screaming PORT, but don't post valid information on proving it's a port. If it is a port, could you please post information so I can read it? Though, it does make sense for it to be a port because the engine used in bad company was firstly & only specified for consoles, but who knows? if it is, then they have done a VERY good job IMO.
DICE has already said that BC2 is a port.

There is nothing wrong with a port though. When it is done properly. When you do the bare minimum and dont take advantage of the resources of the system you are porting it to, then you have you a bad port. A good port would be BC2, they took time optimizing it for the PC and taking advantage of the pc advantages and providing what gamers want.

mass effect 2, gta 4. Both good games, but both are bad ports. Neither took advantage of the PC properly and GTA 4 suffered from huge performance problems to start. ME2 is a bad port because it was an exact copy of the xbox version, the only PC differences were resolution and AA, and better texture filtering. When they could have easily given high res textures and better effects. Bioware did the absolute minimum possible. Another bad port is borderlands.

Port is generally just used as a derogatory term anymore though.
Edited by Vhati - 2/11/11 at 11:21am
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Current build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9950 stock asus p5n-d 5870 4 gb ocz 
OS
windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #150 of 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey1013 View Post
BC2 is good. It's ridiculously fun and it's faults and bugs are overexagerated. Most people who complain just suck at the game.
+10000000000000000000000000

I still play BF2 to this day, every game has it's bugs, the ones on BF2 never bothered me. They tried to make good with the 1.5 patch (or whatever the latest was)

Seriously, the bugs are not bad, the game is STILL immensely fun and there are some VERY awesome mods for it.

BF2 is one of the only games that I've played that turns into a serious addiction, minutes turn to hours.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
x8 AMD FX 9590 Crosshair Formula V Z Asus R9 390 Strix 8GB G.SKILL DDR3 2400 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Enough XSPC CPU block - Phobya pump - Lightech Water T... W 10 Pro 64 Samsung 22'' 2253BW - LG 23'' IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Natural OCZ Gold z1000 Fatality Thermaltake  Logi MX518 
Mouse PadAudio
Aluminum Dell XPS Behringer 192 USB mixer to Presonus Eris E5 stu... 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
x8 AMD FX 9590 Crosshair Formula V Z Asus R9 390 Strix 8GB G.SKILL DDR3 2400 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Enough XSPC CPU block - Phobya pump - Lightech Water T... W 10 Pro 64 Samsung 22'' 2253BW - LG 23'' IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Natural OCZ Gold z1000 Fatality Thermaltake  Logi MX518 
Mouse PadAudio
Aluminum Dell XPS Behringer 192 USB mixer to Presonus Eris E5 stu... 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [CVG]Battlefield 3 PC: Console ports 'not how we do things', says DICE